PDA

View Full Version : NEW in the forum- 2 weeks out until my first national competition :)

Lamaslinda
06-21-2012, 02:09 AM
hello everyone,
thanks Gail and to the team of RX muscle, RX girl because I'm all signed up to post my journals now. I'm very excited for the opportunity to share my fitness journey to you all.

To start, I wanted to share a little bit about me. I live in Anchorage, Alaska. YES, the 49th state, far far far away!!! However, I’m originally from Peru, and I’ve been living in Alaska for 11 years. I love it here! I work as a clinical microbiologist in a large hospital and I spend a lot of my spare time learning about fitness, weight training, nutrition, health, and modeling. I love staying active either working out at the gym or doing fun outdoor activities.

I started competing in the bikini division in 2009. I have always had a passion for fitness but this time my interest has grown even bigger and stronger. I became more focused and committed to competing this season at the beginning of December 2011. This time I wanted to transform my body. I have always been known as the "skinny girl" but not a healthy girl, and I felt that I did not want to be the skinny girl anymore. I decided that I want muscles and transform my body. So I set my mind to it, and I'm actually doing it now.

I started this season competing in the Vancouver USA and then the Emerald cup in the northwest region. I did very well, which encouraged me to continue to work harder every day. Now, I'm getting ready to go to my first national NPC show which is the TEAM U in New Jersey. I'm super excited to step up and compete in the national level. This journey has been fascinating so far, not just because I have been placing but mainly because I was able to transform and improve my body to the next level. So I can finally say I'm one fit girl. After 7 months of training, I can happy say that I already feel so accomplished and successful for turning my life around and having a healthy fit lifestyle.

I had ups and down during my training. As we all know, this is a difficult sport but not impossible. I have learned how to stay focused and also learned that it is all mental games with yourself. I've learned how to control bad habits like cheating all the time, missing meals, missing the workouts and much more... I will always remind myself that the main reason I'm doing this is to see myself improve and once I get to my goal of how I want my body to look like then I can just maintain it. Competing is fun and it also helps me to stay on track for now.

2-weeks out until my first national show has been super intense for me but in a good way. I'm determined to do my best and bring my best and hoping to get a PRO card this year. So, I have been getting up at 5 am every day to do a 30-minute cardio then I go to work and when I get off I head to gym to weight-lift, and later that day I try to get my second cardio for the day. It is such a satisfaction to me to do this because I feel so good about myself and I know it will be rewarded, or I should say it already is. The biggest reward for me is to feel healthy and fit already. So 2-weeks and counting, and I will be on stage soon, and let's bring the love and passion for this fitness world to the stage. I will keep you all posted!!
Thank you for reading this and share my excitment... more to come :)

The Prodigy
06-21-2012, 06:32 AM
Welcome girl!
You can keep your journal year round...even after your show!

darrtiss
06-27-2012, 04:04 PM
hey girl!!
awesome you started a journal! I hope you love it and keep us updated!!

I had the privilege of earning my Pro card at Jr. Nationals in Fitness just a few weekends ago, and your intensity, passion, and heart for all of this will get you far!!! You seem like you've grown so much through this journey and it's so great you keep that in mind!! If you go into Team U with your mentality you have, no matter what you'll come out a winner!!

Through the struggle and hard times just keep in mind how far you've come, and how much farther you want to go! Keep us updated on here with everything and questions you may have!!

Go Get em in Jersey Fit girl!!!

Apprime Fit
07-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Congrats on how far you have come so far! Good luck at Team U! Enjoy the experience and have fun!

Aly Veneno
07-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Hey there, I think I saw you at Team U, how do you like the experience? was it what you expected? What are your plans for the future?