PDA

View Full Version : What Bodyfat % do you like to be at for a show?

Zetawill
04-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Just wondering where every body feels their best and what you truthfully come in at on a typical show.

thepump
04-16-2009, 03:36 PM
You change from show to show:cool: but i would say 6% to 2%

Scoobysnacks
04-16-2009, 03:51 PM
what looks best in the mirror, seriously, it doesnt matter. I have guys tell me they are 6% on a nine site and look 10%, so either they have to get to 2 to be ready or something is off. My point is, use the skinfolds as a tool, but otherwise, go until the glutes are hard and the hamis are split, then you are ready.

Some other markers I use are 7lbs of total fat on the body on a 9 site, that is usually pretty pealed, anything under that looks amazing on stage. Or sum of your 9 site at 35 and lower, get below 30 and you are definitely thin skinned looking.

Had a guy pinching at 28 total and was nasty peeled on stage.

In my profile pic I was at 32-33 I believe if memory serves me right, no clue on the percentage didnt run it. My goal for this year is sum of nine below 30.

Ss

maxxmuscle
04-16-2009, 05:37 PM
You change from show to show:cool: but i would say 6% to 2%

2% ? Surely you would be dead !

Myth
04-16-2009, 05:39 PM
As low as humanly possible without sacrificing any muscle. :)

For example, the contest for which Dave prepped me, I got down to 3%, but I lost a shit ton of muscle and weighed in at a puny 152lb.

My last contest for which Skip prepped me, I got down to a slightly higher bf% than the previous show, but weighed in at 180lb! I looked much better, even though my glutes were not as striated as the previous show. So what I'm saying is, you have to find a happy medium between getting as lean as possible, but while retaining as much muscle as possible.

BigJD69
04-16-2009, 06:25 PM
I have been as low as 4%, but it's the mirror you have to go by.

mdvsony
04-16-2009, 08:00 PM
i was 5-6 in my last show.

as bigjd said, go by the mirror it'll never lie....(nless you got a funny circus mirror lol)

BigJD69
04-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Some of the bodybuilding shows that I have been to I doubt most of the contestants had mirrors in their gyms or homes!

latimus
04-17-2009, 01:19 AM
Some of the bodybuilding shows that I have been to I doubt most of the contestants had mirrors in their gyms or homes!

LOL well I doubt that. BUT one thing that is for sure is that people dont realize that when you are in the gym and under a couple lights everyone looks cut. Then OH shit you step under a couple hundred bright ass lights and NOT SO CUT anymore.

-BLP-
04-17-2009, 01:25 AM
i had striated glutes last time.. i am in prep now.. want to do same again with more hardness look , hardness was weakness last contest