PDA

View Full Version : MRI report on my infection?

sizeon
04-16-2009, 06:48 PM
report says

no drainable fluid inentified, no abcess, there is some subcatnoues edema anterior to the biceps and posterier triceps muscle and tendon, findings are comaptible with nonspecific edema there is some enhancement post contrast in same areas, diagnastic consuderations include cellultis or edema of any cause, no enhancement with musclulature pe se the MR signal in the muscles is normal. no pyromyositis, no drainable bone marrow,

they want to me to see an orthapeist about muscle trauma, do you guys think this is nescaary? theres no abcess. what do you guys think about the fliud finding s in the arm, i do use synthol, but have read sytnhol doesnt show up on mri

Por2gue
04-16-2009, 06:52 PM
orthapeist?
nescaary?, I'll stop with those two, the rest I can figure out.

Tatyana
04-16-2009, 07:13 PM
report says

no drainable fluid inentified, no abcess, there is some subcatnoues edema anterior to the biceps and posterier triceps muscle and tendon, findings are comaptible with nonspecific edema there is some enhancement post contrast in same areas, diagnastic consuderations include cellultis or edema of any cause, no enhancement with musclulature pe se the MR signal in the muscles is normal. no pyromyositis, no drainable bone marrow,

they want to me to see an orthapeist about muscle trauma, do you guys think this is nescaary? theres no abcess. what do you guys think about the fliud finding s in the arm, i do use synthol, but have read sytnhol doesnt show up on mri

The bit in bold could be synthol.

Bryan Hildebrand
04-16-2009, 10:44 PM
The bit in bold could be synthol.

yep. thats how I read it.

sizeon
04-16-2009, 11:53 PM
i got the infect from a test susp, been using synthol for a year no prob, was looking for abcess from the infec, but said theres small amount of fluid and thought that might have been synthol related ?

John Romano
04-17-2009, 12:16 AM
report says

I guess you could reckon Synthol use might appear traumatic to muscle. You don't need an abscess to have an infection. What is the adverse event for which you sought help? was it the infection? Why did they order an MRI?

The edema could certainly be the synthol. It would show up on an MRI, as stated in you report, as edema. So would an infection. What's wrong and what are your symptoms? Why are you getting an MRI?

sizeon
04-17-2009, 08:55 AM
I guess you could reckon Synthol use might appear traumatic to muscle. You don't need an abscess to have an infection. What is the adverse event for which you sought help? was it the infection? Why did they order an MRI?

The edema could certainly be the synthol. It would show up on an MRI, as stated in you report, as edema. So would an infection. What's wrong and what are your symptoms? Why are you getting an MRI?

i got fever that day and red , sweeling, hot to touch, they ordered mri to check for abcess, cause the syringe can miss the pocket, i dont know much bout edema but gona see this orthapedist and see what he says , im not going to mention synthol, i originaly told them i injected b and c vitamins, i had got levaquin that night i got the fever 750 a day,

Dr. Joel Nathan
04-17-2009, 08:55 AM
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?p=189391#post189391

Virtual Trauma
04-17-2009, 01:08 PM
John is right, even if you don't have an abscess, you could still have a cellulitis. Are you on antibiotics?

Dr. Joel Nathan
04-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Fever is a sign of inflammation. If the redness has subsided as well as the fever, just see that ortho guy. Starting antibiotics without a diagnosis is not the usual way to go.