PDA

View Full Version : Danu's Training Log

Danu
07-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Out 8 weeks from the north americans and struggling a bit with my diet. I havent really struggled before now, but I did three shows in a 2 months and i think my body is rebounding hard. Plus it took 8 weeks before my period regulated again and it just started. So maybe that was what it was and i am back on track now. it seemed like i was perpetually bloated or something. any other girls with the same experience?
Danu

The Prodigy
07-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Tell us more about you...what do you compete in...

Will you share some pics?

What is your diet like?

Danu
07-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Tell us more about you...what do you compete in...
women's physique

still trying to figure out how to post using my profile;-)
Instruction please lol.

Will you share some pics?
starting too, i have one on my profile.

What is your diet like?
I eat 6 meals a day about 1500-1600 calories total. 23 grams fat, 225 protein, and 125 carbs. It has always worked for me. and now seems to be on track. i think i had my period cycle goofed up from 3 shows in 2 months and low bf.
however, i never had it do that before so it was a novelity i guess.
Danu

Danu
07-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Legs today. 3 exercises only, and will do max on all then drop sets. rear squats, leg press and leg exstentions.
diet is clean but still have some bloating so panicing a bit about that 7 weeks out from nationals. but i will stay the course and trust the process. think i just have to regulate my hormones, just uncertain the cause.

The Prodigy
07-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Legs today. 3 exercises only, and will do max on all then drop sets. rear squats, leg press and leg exstentions.
diet is clean but still have some bloating so panicing a bit about that 7 weeks out from nationals. but i will stay the course and trust the process. think i just have to regulate my hormones, just uncertain the cause.

Have you had your hormones checked? I was shocked ot find out when I had mine checked what was actually happening inside my body. It helped me to plan what supps to take when I competed!

Aly Veneno
07-15-2012, 01:11 AM
Hi! What division do you compete in?

athleticvanessa
07-15-2012, 02:41 AM
I eat 6 meals a day about 1500-1600 calories total. 23 grams fat, 225 protein, and 125 carbs. It has always worked for me. and now seems to be on track. i think i had my period cycle goofed up from 3 shows in 2 months and low bf.
however, i never had it do that before so it was a novelity i guess.
Danu
Danu...
you still havent given is much insight on your background? Height and weight? With that type of diet it seems like you may still be in a building phase. What type of workout regime are you on?
Hormones can play a tricky role in the lives of competitors and as women we are sensitive to so nany factors beyond our control because we are creatures of nature abd nurture of our surroundings.
You said you are 8 weeks out, well less than that now from NA's
Last year was my second year competing and I had my period maybe all of four times during prep. This year it has been so irregular and more frequent which is weird because I suspected with my bf% dropping to 6% at my last show I still wond up having my period come during the national show! A week early!!! Ugh! Bloated and water retention...ummm yes!!! I was devastated and beyond stressed but I had to go with the flow! Literally ;-)
if this is a new venture for you, I would suggest really taking note of your symptoms even the ones unrelated to your period. They are still attached to hormone regulated actions, impulses, responses, and yes...our emotions!
If you have health insurance then I also suggest you talk with your family practitioner or medical adviser and see about getting your hormones checked as Gail suggested earlier, and also getting your blood nutrient levels checked...vitamin D,B, and Iron levels can play a big role in our metabolisim and our metabolism is regulated and working alongside our menses and other hormone regulated bodily functions. Making sure your health is number obe is more important. If you dont want to be fully open in the forum, i understand...but be open with your doctor...they can advise you confidentially. Good luck my dear.