PDA

View Full Version : Time to get real on that time of the month!

Lee Penman
04-17-2009, 12:31 AM
Okay ladies...question...do you welcome the effect AAS have on your menstrual cycles (often stopping them) and do you use specific AAS to assist you in this process. Many women are now taking control of the whole menstruation issue with long term use of birth control. I think certain steroids (for female BB) would be a safer option.Opinions welcomed.

sassy69
04-17-2009, 02:33 AM
Leigh , can you clarify what this means "many women are taking control of the whole menstruation issue with long term use of birth control". I've been using birth control since the mid-80s. It never stopped my period. Helped a lot to make them shorter & more regular. But you're suggesting steroids are acceptable birth control?

A very common question about use of b/c & AAS is will the AAS make the b/c not work? We know that AAS usually causes an "interruption" of the menstrual flow, but most still experience the usual sides of bloat, moodiness, cramps, etc when "that time of the month" was scheduled to normally happen, despite the lack of flow. I've never seen a true answer to the question about "Does AAS STOP your period?" From everything I've seen, AAS & BC do not chemically interfere w/ each other, but rather they have opposing effects which would negate the effects you're trying to get from one or the other (i.e. AAS promotes lean muscle mass while B/C promotes regular estrogen cycles, which in part, promote estrogen pattern bodyfat depositing). The only comment I've ever seen came from Wilson6 on a different board, years ago, that if you're going to be sexually active, stay on your b/c, even tho the AAS is going to interrupt your flow. Basically you're still ovulating so you can get pregnant. I've never seen studies or anything medical to back that up. But based on the fact that you can still experience period-symptoms at that time of the month, I'd expect you can also get pregnant.

Am I going off on a different direction? I wasn't completely sure where you were going with your opening to this topic.

Suzanne
04-17-2009, 10:20 AM
I believe she means using things like seasonelle (sp) where you only get a period 3 or 4 times a year) or skipping the period week of pills and going straight to the next months

Lee Penman
04-17-2009, 11:12 AM
I believe she means using things like seasonelle (sp) where you only get a period 3 or 4 times a year) or skipping the period week of pills and going straight to the next months
That's right, I was refering to the extended use bc. Also, some women use Danozal to stop their period.

sassy69
04-17-2009, 05:42 PM
Hmmm it might help to give more detail about what stuff we're talking about:

Danozal: (http://www.steroids.ro/steroid-profiles/danocrine-danozol.html)
Danazol is the drug of choice for long term prophylaxis of hereditary angioedema. It is among the front line drugs for treatment of endometriosis. Plausible mechanisms for which there is evidence for activity in this area include suppression of the midcycle surge of LH/FSH at the hypothalamic level, inhibition of the transcription of the gene for the estrogen receptor in monocytes, inhibition of estrone sulfatase (required to convert estrone sulfate to estradiol), and stimulation of B cells. Danazol (http://www.steroids.ro/steroid-profiles/danocrine-danozol.html) therapy is also anti-osteoporotic, whereas many other drugs for endometriosis cause loss of bone mass.
A disadvantage of danazol therapy is that approximately 10% of patients experience hepatocellular damage, and virilizing side effects are frequent at therapeutic doses for treatment of endometriosis. However, application via a vaginal suppository has proven an effective way to target the drug for treatment of endometriosis, which should reduce side effects.
Danazol has also been useful for treatment of fibrocystic myopathy of the breast, mastalgia, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpurea, mixed tissue disease with protein S deficiency, autoimmune hemolytic anemia, menorrhagia, and “severe PMS.”
Danazol (http://www.steroids.ro/steroid-profiles/danocrine-danozol.html) binds to low affinity glucocorticoid binding sites (LAGS) in the liver.
Plasma fibrinogen and lipoprotein (a) levels decrease with danazol treatment, and plasminogen levels rise, thus inhibiting the process of thrombosis.

Seasonale / Seasonique:
Seasonale US Presecribing Info: http://www.seasonale.com/pdf/Seasonale_prescribing_info.pdf
Seasonale Drug Profile: http://www.drugs.com/seasonale.html

Seasonique US Prescribing Info: http://www.seasonique.com/Files/PrescribingInfo.pdf
Seasonique Drug Profile: http://www.drugs.com/mtm/seasonique.html

Any others?

Valhalla
07-27-2009, 02:02 PM
A very common question about use of b/c & AAS is will the AAS make the b/c not work? We know that AAS usually causes an "interruption" of the menstrual flow, but most still experience the usual sides of bloat, moodiness, cramps, etc when "that time of the month" was scheduled to normally happen, despite the lack of flow. I've never seen a true answer to the question about "Does AAS STOP your period?" From everything I've seen, AAS & BC do not chemically interfere w/ each other, but rather they have opposing effects which would negate the effects you're trying to get from one or the other (i.e. AAS promotes lean muscle mass while B/C promotes regular estrogen cycles, which in part, promote estrogen pattern bodyfat depositing). The only comment I've ever seen came from Wilson6 on a different board, years ago, that if you're going to be sexually active, stay on your b/c, even tho the AAS is going to interrupt your flow. Basically you're still ovulating so you can get pregnant. I've never seen studies or anything medical to back that up. But based on the fact that you can still experience period-symptoms at that time of the month, I'd expect you can also get pregnant.

I've been looking for an answer to this riddle myself. I understand, everyone reacts differently to different things so there's no cut-and-dried answer to this, BUT... is the likely verdict, then, that each substance lowers the effect of the other, but they're still technically effective at what they do? Does the birth control still prevent pregnancy, even with the addition of something like Var or Winny? Would your strength gains improve with the addition of an AAS, just at a slower rate with the added presence of the OC?

~ Forgive me if I've hijacked the thread... slap my hand and move it, if necessary. :o

STACEYK
07-27-2009, 02:07 PM
I don't miss mine while competing but I welcome it after prep is done just to get the body back to some normal functioning JMO.

RDFinders
07-27-2009, 02:37 PM
i don't take gear, but wouldn't the use of AAS to stop your menstrual cycle be = to altering your gender? if you are going to take that much for that length of time to rid yourself of the inconvenience, wouldn't you really be turning yourself into a man?

exit2010
07-27-2009, 03:25 PM
i don't take gear, but wouldn't the use of AAS to stop your menstrual cycle be = to altering your gender? if you are going to take that much for that length of time to rid yourself of the inconvenience, wouldn't you really be turning yourself into a man?

Well aside from it being male hormones in a females body it doesn't exactly equate to gender reassignment as the influx of hormones doesn't stop a woman from being a woman. Would menopause mean woman have gone male? No. Even dieting can alter menstrual cycles and that may rid a woman of an "inconvenience".

Sorry, RD . . . I really shouldn't be in this thread at all.:o Ignore what I say . . . I have never had a period. lol

GirlyMuscle
07-27-2009, 03:36 PM
Very small amounts of anavar can stop menstral flow for some women. I hardly think 5 or 10 mg of var is gender reassignment.

RDFinders
07-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Well aside from it being male hormones in a females body it doesn't exactly equate to gender reassignment as the influx of hormones doesn't stop a woman from being a woman. Would menopause mean woman have gone male? No. Even dieting can alter menstrual cycles and that may rid a woman of an "inconvenience".

Sorry, RD . . . I really shouldn't be in this thread at all.:o Ignore what I say . . . I have never had a period. lol
lol! jarhead. i was just wondering if the doses are going to be high enough to produce a sessation of a menustral cycle and the duration is the really the question. how long is it proposed to take AAS to stop a female's cycle. so if it is going to use like a seasonale product - all i can say is jane is going to become john.

girlymuscle - that is my whole question? how much and for how long? and wouldn't each cycle call for an increase in dosage to get the same results?

~gymdiva~
07-27-2009, 08:05 PM
not if allowed to clear the system, specifically something like a var...I've had 5mg of winny ED and nothing more with a simple diet stop mine...and that's probably nowhere near as bad as the crap load of bc they wanted me on to stop my period at one point...and there was no crabbiness or weight gain on that lil cycle...

now I would imagine regardless of the hormone, any of it over time is going to mess with your natural rhythm...doesn't matter if it's playing mad scientist or getting a prescription...trying to work with what you have is always the first step (and the ideal one)...and anything messed with after that will always have repercussions no matter how minute or how large...