PDA

View Full Version : Aly Veneno's quest to IFBB Pro!

Aly Veneno
07-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Hello RX Girl land! I have been doing training journals on a few other forums, but I wanted to switch over to RX Girl. So let me introduce myself, my name is Aly and compete in the bikini division. My real name is Alison, but I compete under the stage name Aly Veneno which means Venomous Aly. I acquired that name in my old 1/4 mile drag racing days ;-p I am hoping to share my experiences, battles and joys with other like minded individuals and I hope that I can influence and learn through this forum.

So a little bit on my history and why I chose to compete in the NPC with the desire to earn my pro card.

This was me in 2010 before getting preggos....

So I first heard about the NPC after meeting a girl a lot of people are familiar with, Nathalia Melo. We were in a bikini pageant together and she told me briefly about what she was training for and I thought it sounded great! She looked great and I loved the idea. We lost contact but I have watched her amazing success, good for her! Well shortly after that, life took another direction for me and I became pregnant. I went from a skinny 128 to a beached whale on bed rest. I went into labor on memorial day weekend and didn't even know it for 3 days.

June 7th 2011 the day before I delivered my son

Turns out my baby couldn't wait to meet me, he was born under 2lbs and just 26 weeks. I felt totally devastated, scared and not sure of how to support him, but to sit buy his incubator for 14 hours a day. I felt depressed and blamed myself. While sitting in the NICU 2 months after my son was born, I finished pumping and put down the package of mini ritz bitz peanut butter crackers I had been eating and stormed out of the hospital. I walked my butt right into the gym by my house and told them I want to be a Pro Bikini Champion. The guy there, who had built many body builders, told me, do 45 min of cardio every day, and work in this machine and this machine... and come back and see me in 8 weeks. I think he thought I was a joke. I told him " look, I am only 145 now, I was 128, I can do it again." I don't think he believed in me. So I walked in there every day, 45 min of light running because I was recovering from a c- section. A week later, I started running, running, running, lifting, lifting, p90x with the boyfriend, running, etc.. down to 136lbs! At this point I had become a vegan and loved the healthy lifestyle. great energy, I felt good all around.

Then I started the Che-Che-Che-Chia belly project 6 months postpartum
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/382872_249894745077265_100001702235383_607337_2663 7829_n.jpg

I joined another gym and worked hard and hard, all the while juggling the single mommy life, school and trying to stay in shape. I love beer too much, it was my perfect wind down medicine :-) even with the beer, 45 days later...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/399844_284650891601650_100001702235383_706772_1471 69124_n.jpg

My abs improved and I was down to 135 at 9 months post partum, but decided to do my first shoot anyway to see how I looked on film and if my self image was really the quality I was thinking it would be for NPC....

needless to say...
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/427449_117503888377222_106458186148459_62246_87894 8431_n.jpg

No ass, no arm definition, hams..more like juicy thighs, muscle was surly there, but as a lactating mom, I had a fleshy squishy padding covering it.. I gave myself another month to tone up before shooting again. Sure enough I felt confidant that I was ready.

April 2012, 11 months postpartum
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/546602_159064174221193_106458186148459_204002_1961 010264_n.jpg

Once again, not NPC status.. I felt frustrated and annoyed that I could not get rid of the baby fat and I had hit a total plateau with my training. Through some networking, I met PJ Braun www.pjbraun.com (http://www.pjbraun.com) I explained to him my goals and dreams within the fitness industry and he listened and told me I had done a great job so far on my own, but he wanted to see what I could do in two weeks with him on his customized plan.

Well Ladies, I have to tell you that it could never have imagined my body shaping up to the way it is now.. In two weeks he turned the above abs into...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/294996_165750496885894_106458186148459_221653_4089 59014_n.jpg

I can still hardly believe how tight and toned my arms are, the fat on my legs has left me and my muscle is growing! All thanks to PJ Braun's guidance and the fact I am eating meat again, lol

So now 10 weeks after my start with PJ Braun, I have made the following accomplishments in the NPC

Garden States 2012- 5th in B class Bikini

Virginia Grand Prix 2012 - B Class Bikini- 1st, over all and best poser

Team Universe 2012- 5th place Bikini E Class

So far this is my latest progress. What is in store for me next? I am headed to the Pittsburgh IFBB North American on August 31st to bring my best back to the stage and go for that pro card! I m hoping that through here I will make great new friends and learn a lot from pro's and influence other beginning their NPC careers. For now I am off to the gym, I will be back soon!

Bryan Hildebrand
07-13-2012, 05:34 PM
great story and incredible progress. you certainly have the look judges have favored this year. best of luck to you.

The Prodigy
07-13-2012, 05:53 PM
WELCOME TO RX GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO glad you are here! Make sure you poke around in others journals!!! It will pull people into yours as well!

Hugs lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aly Veneno
07-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Thanks, for the welcomes and love!

SOOOO, its a week today since my awesome experience at Team U! I just had another wave of excitement hit me when thinking about how I exceeded my expectations. I was hoping for top 10 for my first National, and to get into 5th place with a great group of girls, was awesome!

That being said, I have a confession to make. I have slackkkkkkkked of this past week. I tried to jump right back into the swing of things after Team U but I just felt so run down, 8 non stop weeks of diet and hard to the freaking core working out, I think finally caught up with me. Two nights in a row I woke up with muscular cramps that were so painful, I wanted to scream! I think my body got burnt out! I have still been hitting the gym this week, but not as good as I should have, coach would NOT be proud. So I am going to start my hard to the core training and dieting on Monday. I usually compete at 123-125lbs and usually stay at 126-127 until the week before the show. Well my gluttonous ass has been eating peaches and oatmeal and PB AND J'SSSSSss and I am NOT supposed to have those! So I am at 133.5 as of this morning.

So starting Monday, I will be back on my low carb diet, with high protein and greens. This should balance me out a little bit and help me maintain the energy I need while I am lifting heavier than before in order to build muscle in the places that I am lacking. Once I get a couple weeks out to IFBB North Americans, I will cut carbs and drop any extra weight that might hide those beautiful new muscles. Almost like unwrapping a gift! I know I need bigger delts and jucier hammies. Those are my trouble areas because of my bad left shoulder and two motorcycle accidents leaving my hip and left knee weak. But F' it! No excuses if I want to be a champ! So to avoid getting burnt out or over working my muscles and cramping up, I plan on doing the following;

Saturday, light cardio on my "at home" bike, love that SOB, lots of stretching
Sunday, 1 hour cardio am, lots of stretching, pm 30 min cardio and more stretching
Monday, back to work out routine which will be HEAVY on legs, including squats, leg extensions, dead lifts, and my interval training on the step mill! I will also be back on my diet full throttle!

So recap: I will edit this post for the next week and add my weight progress, in addition to any new posts

Saturday July 14th: 133.5lbs
Sunday:
Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday:

The Prodigy
07-14-2012, 11:36 PM
Wait..you have kids???

How many? how old?

Aly Veneno
07-15-2012, 12:52 AM
hahaaa, yes I have just one little lucky to be alive baby boy. His name is Magic and he just turned 1 on June 8th 2012, the day before my first competition :-) Garden States June 9th 2012

See he has his little dinglehopper, he helps momma do her hair

Aly Veneno
07-16-2012, 11:35 AM
OK! so today is the day that I really kick it into gear. I am headed off to the gym as soon as I post this. Today I have my son's father spotting me so I am going to be able to lift heavier in the gym! I am doing legs today....

Wide squats 4X 8-10
Hack squats 4X 8-10
RDL 4X 8-10
Ham curls 5x 20!!!!
Leg extentions 4X 10-12
Single leg press 4 X 10-12

Then 30 min of cardio right after, probably on treadmill, then I will do another set of cardio on my in home bike!

Okay, here I GO!!!!!!!

The Prodigy
07-16-2012, 12:22 PM
hahaaa, yes I have just one little lucky to be alive baby boy. His name is Magic and he just turned 1 on June 8th 2012, the day before my first competition :-) Garden States June 9th 2012

See he has his little dinglehopper, he helps momma do her hair

He is ADORABLE!!! I have the itchin to be a mommy soon!!! My clock is ticking!!!

Aly Veneno
07-16-2012, 03:33 PM
He is ADORABLE!!! I have the itchin to be a mommy soon!!! My clock is ticking!!!

Well that is one thing I can't help you with unfortunately, but it is totally cool when you do!

Sunnyday
07-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Belated welcome, Aly! Such a great story you have! Nice to find another mom who loves this lifestyle. I'll be following your journey to North Americans. :)

Aly Veneno
08-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Hello everyone out there in the internet land! It has been a while since I have posted. I have had many tings going on leaving me super busy with no down time to write in my journal! So, as of now I am 4 weeks out from North Americans. I was struggling with my weight because I went on a major cheat streak. Not so much pigging out every day or anything like that. But eating thigs here or there randomly, mostly things with sugar....YIKES! Well I stepped on the scale the other day and boy was ai upset when I saw 133.5! I compete at 123-124. So.... I got serious again and I admitted to my coach that I had fallen off the wagon for a bit, and HE WAS NOT HAPPY WITH ME! I know he was sper busy getting ready for USA's so I just didn't want to bother him to keep on me and make sure I was on my diet. But truth be told, if I am not getting checked up on frequently, I fall, HARD. Its tough too when you life with your man and they eat whatever when ever! It makes it harder for me to stay on track. Well I have stepped on the scale and I am proud to announce that I cam in a a pleasant 128 this morning! Thank god I got under 130. I was struggling for a bit. It's funny how to any normal woman out there 130 is like a dream weight and they must think those of use trying to max down our weight are rather insane, but hey, this is a different world for us!

So, I started a new job over at Golds Gym in Herndon Virginia. I absolutely love it. Not only will I get to work with my clients more frequently, but I get to work in a environment that helps me stay on track and in focus. I can always squeeze my work out in. Another great perk is I get to take my son to work every day and he can chill in the day car while I work, how great is that!?

So, on to my training! I have been hitting the weights hard and I really feel like my strength has doubled since Team Universe. I have noticed a tremendous difference in my legs, butt and my arms. I am super excited to be dropping the weight, because 5lbs from now I will see all the hard work flexing right out of my skin! Four weeks to go and I am so excited. Anyone else going to be at North Americans?

Today I will be doing shoulders and biceps. I have found that dumb bell presses mixed in with a super set of lateral raises and presses, really pumps my shoulders to the next level! Try it, you will love it! I am also increasing my cardio also, I think this will help give me more energy and stamina to get through my day and help me fall asleep at night!

On a side note, does anyone else which that chocolate was on the diet plan?! I DOOOOOO DANG IT!

The Prodigy
08-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Hello everyone out there in the internet land! It has been a while since I have posted. I have had many tings going on leaving me super busy with no down time to write in my journal! So, as of now I am 4 weeks out from North Americans. I was struggling with my weight because I went on a major cheat streak. Not so much pigging out every day or anything like that. But eating thigs here or there randomly, mostly things with sugar....YIKES! Well I stepped on the scale the other day and boy was ai upset when I saw 133.5! I compete at 123-124. So.... I got serious again and I admitted to my coach that I had fallen off the wagon for a bit, and HE WAS NOT HAPPY WITH ME! I know he was sper busy getting ready for USA's so I just didn't want to bother him to keep on me and make sure I was on my diet. But truth be told, if I am not getting checked up on frequently, I fall, HARD. Its tough too when you life with your man and they eat whatever when ever! It makes it harder for me to stay on track. Well I have stepped on the scale and I am proud to announce that I cam in a a pleasant 128 this morning! Thank god I got under 130. I was struggling for a bit. It's funny how to any normal woman out there 130 is like a dream weight and they must think those of use trying to max down our weight are rather insane, but hey, this is a different world for us!

So, I started a new job over at Golds Gym in Herndon Virginia. I absolutely love it. Not only will I get to work with my clients more frequently, but I get to work in a environment that helps me stay on track and in focus. I can always squeeze my work out in. Another great perk is I get to take my son to work every day and he can chill in the day car while I work, how great is that!?

So, on to my training! I have been hitting the weights hard and I really feel like my strength has doubled since Team Universe. I have noticed a tremendous difference in my legs, butt and my arms. I am super excited to be dropping the weight, because 5lbs from now I will see all the hard work flexing right out of my skin! Four weeks to go and I am so excited. Anyone else going to be at North Americans?

Today I will be doing shoulders and biceps. I have found that dumb bell presses mixed in with a super set of lateral raises and presses, really pumps my shoulders to the next level! Try it, you will love it! I am also increasing my cardio also, I think this will help give me more energy and stamina to get through my day and help me fall asleep at night!

On a side note, does anyone else which that chocolate was on the diet plan?! I DOOOOOO DANG IT!

I am with yah with the needing someone to keep an eye on yah! CHOCOLATE is on my diet plan! Dave let me have his cacao bars and I bet you can convince your diet coach to let you have them too! They don't raise insulin levels! Check out Dave's website! Glad you are back on track! Tell the man in your house to start eating clean! lol!!!

Aly Veneno
08-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Ahhhhh! so waking up and getting on the scale and seeing a wonderful number of 126.5 feels great! I think a big part of the weight gain was due to my monthly cycle... This concerns me because usually I have it around the 24th of the month but this time I got it at the end, which means there is a good chance I will be PMS'ing and going through it during North Americans.... OH BOY that frustrates me! I have heard of other girls being on their period during shows and it really effecting their confidence. I just hope I can still look my best regardless. Anyone have tips on battling the monthly visitor blues and bloats during shows?

So back to the weight loss. I think that adding in the extra set of cardio in the morning followed up by weight training in the afternoon and a final set of H.I.T cardio really helps get that extra weight off.

I am still on a low carb, some fat diet, but I am cycling in a non fat day every two days, which makes a big difference. Whats funny is I know I miss some regular foods and just when I thought i was missing my favorite Italian pizza, when put in front of it, I just felt sick. the sight made me want to vomit. Crazy huh!? It is as though my body has been dieting for so long that it rejects even the site of it. On the flip side, I am so sick of chicken and fish. I so desire another form of protein. But for now, coaches orders are to stick with it, so stick with it I will!

Lastly, my days are going to become crazy as heck soon. School starts up on the 22nd of this month. So now I need to balance that, my work and my dieting. Its gonna be a challenge and a bitch, especially trying to focus while carb deprived! But id I want that fancy Dr. in front of my name "Dr. Aly" I have to do it! I am however taking mostly online classes so I can still have time for my little baby boy.

How does everyone else balance a hectic schedule like this? I am excited because I have to take another PE class for my graduation and I got to choose weight lifting. So working out and getting credit academically is AWESOME!!

David Lees
08-03-2012, 11:12 AM
GOOD LUCK Aly! I'm rooting for ya!

fit80
08-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Hey girl...I am with you! I went on a major cheat streak, too, and I am paying for it now. I do 2x daily cardio plus weights and it has been slooow to come off. I am hoping for a "magic day" where I wake up and see a 2lb scale drop!! Anyways, keep switching it up and focus on the show! If I get a sweet tooth I will mix just a tiny bit of water in with a scoop of protein, 1 packet of splenda and about 1/3 stick of those starbucks instant coffee things. It's pretty strong/sweet and really takes the edge off. I only do that once a week now though or those calories would add up!! :)

Aly Veneno
08-04-2012, 09:59 PM
GOOD LUCK Aly! I'm rooting for ya!

Thanks Dude! I already know you will be there!

Hey girl...I am with you! I went on a major cheat streak, too, and I am paying for it now. I do 2x daily cardio plus weights and it has been slooow to come off. I am hoping for a "magic day" where I wake up and see a 2lb scale drop!! Anyways, keep switching it up and focus on the show! If I get a sweet tooth I will mix just a tiny bit of water in with a scoop of protein, 1 packet of splenda and about 1/3 stick of those starbucks instant coffee things. It's pretty strong/sweet and really takes the edge off. I only do that once a week now though or those calories would add up!! :)

This sounds so yummy!! So far I just keep making tons of salads and change up the dressing. But I did have some delicious steak tonight. Me and my little man! He totally loves portabella mushrooms sauteed with zucchini! What an angel, I have a kid who loves his veggies! The best part about that is I just use a little olive oil with salt pepper and garlic and he crushes it!

I know how you feel about getting on the scale and expecting certain results. The worst is when you feel you did well and you get on the scale and you weigh more that the day before. I know the first thing out of my mouth is, "shit". So I walk back to my room and hope for a better day. Although weight has nothing to do really with the way I come out on stage, it is a good way for me to know how much

Aly Veneno
08-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Just got some pics in from my photo shoot on wed... check them out!

My buddy Ace and I used to ride bikes together, not he races so I did a shoot in support his race season!128953128954128955128956128957

michelle beck
08-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Hi Aly, your pics look great! :) Congrats on your placing at Team U and good luck at the NA's! Keep up the hard work.

The Prodigy
08-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Just got some pics in from my photo shoot on wed... check them out!

My buddy Ace and I used to ride bikes together, not he races so I did a shoot in support his race season!128953128954128955128956128957

nice pics! LOVE THEM!!!

Aly Veneno
08-05-2012, 10:49 AM
OMG so I just had to share, I had a NPC nightmare last night! I dreamed I was at North Americans which is 4 hours from home and I woke up back stage 30 minutes before show time, no hair, makeup or tan on and I didnt have my suit or heals! I had 4 suitcases full of crap I didn't need and I was freaking out! Then I also missed check in and had no number and when I tried to get a number, the head judge pulled out some HUGE rule book and said "you must pay a $45 fine to compete." It was just so weird and stressful!

Has anyone had nightmares like this? please share!

Aly Veneno
02-16-2013, 09:22 PM
Hello RX Muscle... It's been a long time, i hope you all have missed me as much as I have missed you! I am finally learning how to prioritize my life in order to focus on training and perusing my passion as an IFBB Pro Bikini competitor. I have a lot of strong talent ahead of me and now its time to really get serious! I left my day job last December and decided I needed to work for myself so I could commit more time to training with out sacrificing my time away from my son, who is my world.

I am a single mom, so raising a boy and doing shows is challenging, but I like I said, I finally found a way to make it work!

Before I bore you with all my blah blah blah... I made a video for all of you out there looking to have some killer legs, check it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WDAStPyf2g

I aim for 4 sets of all my exercises and go 15-20 reps. Just yesterday I was training legs and started on my sprint sets... unfortunately something happened and my knee gave me a sharp ass pain that crumpled me to the ground. I thought I was near death in pain. Thank GOD for knee braces and ibuprofen because this morning I woke up and was able to walk on it with minor pain. I am not sure what caused the injury, but I do know I need to take it easy from now until my next show... Lots of work to do and very little time..Speaking of which... I am about 5-6 weeks out from my second pro show. Daytona Pro Battle on the Beach. Who else is going to be there?? I am super excited, but I will be the underdog against some great gals! I still don't know how the judges do it!?

Now that my son is older, I let him enjoy some great snacks that I miss like - organic cheese crackers, cookies, berries, fruits, mac and cheese, etc.. all the while still eating his veggies and starches. He wont really eat meat.. but loves eggs! I would have to say that is the hardest part of my diet and prep is raising my son with a "normal" diet. I prep his yummy snacks and treats and often find myself staring at the high chair with envy. Wishing I could eat his left over mac and cheese or pasta, mmmmm.. Of the gooey almond butter and preserves on Ezekiel.. Boy I am getting hungry writing this! I do end up cheating some times because I am weak with the temptation. So this is my major downfall that I need to work on. All and all I am grateful that my son has good eating habits and enjoys healthy non processed foods.. We may just see him on the pro stage :-)

Well... I have so much more to say, but I am going to try this getting to bed early thing. I should have more interesting posts for you soon..

Good night and RESPECT!

sce0027
02-17-2013, 05:45 PM
You're gorgeous!!! I'll be following along! Have a great week!

The Prodigy
02-18-2013, 12:11 AM
I think we need to change your journal name! Ideas?

Riana Rohmann
02-18-2013, 10:45 AM
Welcome back! Looking forward to following along this year :) Congrats on the Pro Status! I was reading through and was like "WELL??? DID SHE GET IT??" You cant leave us hanging like that! lol

Aly Veneno
02-18-2013, 10:35 PM
I think we need to change your journal name! Ideas?

NO MORE HANGING!! I will be posting way more frequent now. As long as I can get my little monkey settled enough during the day, so hes not trying to type along with me!

New journal name.. How about "The Muscle Hustle, by IFBB Pro Aly Veneno" or "A Venomous Vixen's Voyage." One sounds like a porn the other like a comic book! hahahaha I will leave it to you Gail!

So, yes I made it to Pro and wow what a ride that was. Tears, sweat, suffering, but what a good feeling! I set goals for myself and I never lost sight. It reminds me of a time when I was 19 and I had a crush on this guy (who later became my boyfriend of 3 years and still great friends to this day). I had such a crush on him; so, I wanted to impress him with being fit and sexy. Every time I went running, I pictured him jogging behind me thinking to himself "damn look at her, what a nice butt, shes so sexy." That kept me running for hours! Ahahahaa To this day, I use the same me. I would picture a top 5 trophy or an overall win. It made me push harder and harder and I never lost sight of those goals. That is what I encourage all men and women in training.... NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF THE GOAL! DONT LISTEN TO GOSSIP! KEEP ON TRUCKING!

Now for my Progress report: here are some ab and glute updates of my dieting and training for the March 30th Battle On The Beach in Daytona

As you can see I have made massive improvements with my abs and my glutes. Much tighter and/or rounder. I have about 40 days to get everything just right.. So now lets talk about my training. I have not been able to do HIT cardio because of my knee injury this past weekend. Although today I tried the cybex on the highest incline possible and on a resistance level of 45, that did it for me, I was able to clear 400+ calories in 35-40 min:mosh:! Way better then the 40 minutes I did on the bike yesterday for a measly 218 cals. :hypno: what a waist of time that was, but everything counts! My knee is feeling much better; however I know it still needs more baby time considering it gives out when I walk here and there and still feels tender climbing the three stories (6/ 10 step flights) carrying my 30lb kid. I know I know, let him do it himself, sure, so I can stand around all day while he giggles and plays on the stairs, lol! Nevertheless, its getting better and I am grateful I did not sustain a heavier injury as first thought/felt. For my lifting, I did a hardcore set on my shoulders. Really trying to work on my front delts. I have a major injury caused by dislocation in my left arm, which causes it to have very limited rages of motion. But it still looks damn good for a CHICKEN WING! I also discovered a new work out, that is too hard to explain. I am going to have to make a video to show you, but I really felt it firing my my lats, delts, abs and biceps. I think men and women will both love this exercise! Video to be up soon!!

Okay, I am feeling really hungry right now, so that must mean I am tired. Gotta get my beauty rest in so I can train well tomorrow..

Much love and respect!

xoxo

PS

Look at my little ding dong... he's getting so big and so handsome!