PDA

View Full Version : Can a Person look like an IFBB figure pro without the use of steroids?

SadFatty
04-17-2009, 01:50 PM
I really like Zivile Raoudenine and Mary Lado's bodies. I'm just wondering if they have to do drugs to achieve that?

Angela123
04-17-2009, 01:56 PM
No you do not. Zilville and Mary are definitly examples of bodies that can be achieved without steroids.

My good friend Chaundra Tangi is an ifbb pro..natural for life. She cant even eat much protein bc she only has 1 kidney. I'll go look for a pic of her.

But yes..it is possible...but you must have the genetics and structure in the 1st place. If your natural genetic structure and body shape is not like Mary's and Ziville's...then no...you will never look like them. But can you achieve the degree of muscularity that they possess? Most definitly. Can you get as lean as they have gotten? Depends on your genetics, metabolism and how hard you are willing to work at diet and cardio.

SadFatty
04-17-2009, 02:01 PM
That is so encouraging! I have no idea if I have the genetics, BUT it's nice to know I can achieve the same amount of muscle and leaness as them anyhow. With hard work of course!

Angela123
04-17-2009, 02:08 PM
not saying it is easy but it is possible.

musclebitch
04-17-2009, 07:51 PM
No you do not. Zilville and Mary are definitly examples of bodies that can be achieved without steroids.

My good friend Chaundra Tangi is an ifbb pro..natural for life. She cant even eat much protein bc she only has 1 kidney. I'll go look for a pic of her.

But yes..it is possible...but you must have the genetics and structure in the 1st place. If your natural genetic structure and body shape is not like Mary's and Ziville's...then no...you will never look like them. But can you achieve the degree of muscularity that they possess? Most definitly. Can you get as lean as they have gotten? Depends on your genetics, metabolism and how hard you are willing to work at diet and cardio.

It's possible, also the competitor most have at least 10 yrs or more of every day of the years training ( muscle maturity)

Angela123
04-17-2009, 08:43 PM
ill have to disagree with you there. considering mary was..what 25 or 24, maybe younger, when she turned pro? she certainly was not hardcore bb training since she was 14.

I personally know of 100% natural competitors who have achieved the level of muscularity of mary and ziville...and they are not 10 yr veterans of lifting weights. maybe for some...it would take 10 years...if you do not have the best genetics for muscle building. but a a true mesamorph would not need 10 yrs of every day training to look like mary lado. even someone who is not a true mesamorph could get the round delts and a developed back like those ladies have...in less than 10 years.

i dont think you should say 'also the competitor MUST have at least 10 yrs or more of everyday of the years training.' you cannot speak for everyone and should not say MUST. ive seen many women who are as muscular if not more muscular than mary and ziville...and it has been accomplished in less than 10 years, they are natural and they also dont train everyday.

jasons805
04-18-2009, 01:47 AM
I would think it is very rare to be a successful IFBB Pro without some drug use.

sassy69
04-18-2009, 01:53 AM
Its one thing to get to that level, but its another to maintain it. That's at the very least, where you're going to see it. You can't stay dieted down for 5 shows/yr, year after year w/o just catabolizing your mass.

SallyAnne
04-18-2009, 11:45 AM
I would think it is very rare to be a successful IFBB Pro without some drug use.

She doesn't want to be a pro, just look like one.

Another good example of a beautiful drug free figure competitor is Amanda Victoria. *bunny* (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/member.php?u=2260) - and member here at Rx.

http://www.myspace.com/project_bunny

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/52/l_3b0b92144a512d798837dcf727428937.jpg

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/87/l_d825f9e1b748ad881515b2812b40ab58.jpg

She is a cancer survivor.

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/3/l_f42a99fa38896d5accee57f9197499dd.jpg

Tatyana
04-18-2009, 01:23 PM
The drugs are not necessary to have a great body.

It is more about consistency with training and diet and how intensely you train.

sassy69
04-18-2009, 02:08 PM
She doesn't want to be a pro, just look like one.

Another good example of a beautiful drug free figure competitor is Amanda Victoria. *bunny* (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/member.php?u=2260) - and member here at Rx.

http://www.myspace.com/project_bunny

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/52/l_3b0b92144a512d798837dcf727428937.jpg

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/87/l_d825f9e1b748ad881515b2812b40ab58.jpg

She is a cancer survivor.

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/3/l_f42a99fa38896d5accee57f9197499dd.jpg

And BTW, coming back for Jr Nats this year... bigger & better! This is someone who has overcome odds that would blow your mind. All her.

SallyAnne
04-18-2009, 02:09 PM
And BTW, coming back for Jr Nats this year... bigger & better! This is someone who has overcome odds that would blow your mind. All her.

I know. I think about her every time I feel like whining about something. It shuts me up.

SadFatty
04-18-2009, 03:10 PM
Omigod.....that chicks off season body is what my body looks like right now AND I had leukemia a couple years back!!!! I am totally stoked that I could look like her! And that I do look like her right now in the off season pic!

sassy69
04-18-2009, 03:22 PM
Omigod.....that chicks off season body is what my body looks like right now AND I had leukemia a couple years back!!!! I am totally stoked that I could look like her! And that I do look like her right now in the off season pic!

I think a lot of it is keeping in mind where you want to be, not even considering that you can't be there, and just doing it. Don't get ahead of yourself & feel defeated. Just do it. Do it hard, consistently and at the rate your body allows you. I think you'll be amazed at what you & your body can accomplish. When I did my first show prep I blew through boundaries I never thought I'd even consider going past. Now I find I never think to myself "I could never do that", but more "Is it something I want to do?" and if it is, "How cool it will be when I get there". But all the time-- you either do it or you don't. You can't expect results that you don't pursue honestly & consistently. But you also have to respect your body and go at the rate it can & not get impatient. Its a wonderful, amazing biochemical machine. When it has an environment to function efficiently, it just rocks!

*Bunny*
04-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Sass & Sally, hey you two... thanks for the call out!

Yes, I'm still 'drug' free and really was able to put on some size that I just have to whittle down and chizzle out.

You two are my mentors so thank you for the props. I think Im hitting up 2 Natural shows this year but we'll see how funds go.

Much love & Blessings Overflow to you

Mandi

sassy69
04-18-2009, 03:54 PM

Yes, I'm still 'drug' free and really was able to put on some size that I just have to whittle down and chizzle out.

You two are my mentors so thank you for the props.

Blessings Overflow to you

Mandi

But let's not minimize the years of work and how much work it has been. You've explored balls to the wall lifting, some PL stuff, some crazy cardio stuff (I keep thinking of the stairs on that ski hill you do "stadiums" on in the summer months... egads...:bowdown:) and the heart & soul that gets you through it! Your results are absolutely EARNED. No quicky fixes, no "its all genetics".

SallyAnne
04-18-2009, 03:55 PM

You two are my mentors so thank you for the props. I think Im hitting up 2 Natural shows this year but we'll see how funds go.

Much love & Blessings Overflow to you

Mandi

What Sass said.

...and HELLO! It's good to see you here. :love:

Tatyana
04-18-2009, 04:26 PM
:wavey:

Hi Bunny

:)

musclebitch
04-18-2009, 07:06 PM
ill have to disagree with you there. considering mary was..what 25 or 24, maybe younger, when she turned pro? she certainly was not hardcore bb training since she was 14.

I personally know of 100% natural competitors who have achieved the level of muscularity of mary and ziville...and they are not 10 yr veterans of lifting weights. maybe for some...it would take 10 years...if you do not have the best genetics for muscle building. but a a true mesamorph would not need 10 yrs of every day training to look like mary lado. even someone who is not a true mesamorph could get the round delts and a developed back like those ladies have...in less than 10 years.

i dont think you should say 'also the competitor MUST have at least 10 yrs or more of everyday of the years training.' you cannot speak for everyone and should not say MUST. ive seen many women who are as muscular if not more muscular than mary and ziville...and it has been accomplished in less than 10 years, they are natural and they also dont train everyday.

hey you, chilax, I am the muscle bitch here,lol

tribal
04-18-2009, 07:43 PM
attainable :rolleyes:

FitGems
04-18-2009, 09:42 PM
I think it's attainable to look like an IFBB figure pro without steriods. I agree with Mary and Zilville.

She's not competing anymore, but Christine Pomponio-Pate's another example of looking great without the use of steroids.

Is it rare? Maybe. Impossible? Absoulely not.

Angela123
04-19-2009, 02:51 PM
hey you, chilax, I am the muscle bitch here,lol

lol...it's a forum...people agree and disagree all the time.

by the way, welcome to rx. i dont think anyone welcomed ya yet.:)

glad to have another bitch among us.:)

GirlyMuscle
04-19-2009, 03:01 PM
I think a lot of it is keeping in mind where you want to be, not even considering that you can't be there, and just doing it. Don't get ahead of yourself & feel defeated. Just do it. Do it hard, consistently and at the rate your body allows you. I think you'll be amazed at what you & your body can accomplish. When I did my first show prep I blew through boundaries I never thought I'd even consider going past. Now I find I never think to myself "I could never do that", but more "Is it something I want to do?" and if it is, "How cool it will be when I get there". But all the time-- you either do it or you don't. You can't expect results that you don't pursue honestly & consistently. But you also have to respect your body and go at the rate it can & not get impatient. Its a wonderful, amazing biochemical machine. When it has an environment to function efficiently, it just rocks!
Excellent post. :beerbang: (imagine we're banging protein shakes instead of beer)

Angela123
04-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Oh..here are some pix of my friend Chaundra Tangi...I mentioned her in my earlier post. she turned pro in 03...she last competed at the KY Pro in 08.

She is 100% natural...has been for life...no clen, t3 or amti-e either. She also only has 1 kidney and it's difficult for her to take in a lot of protein.

The majority of these pix were at or around NY Pro 06...taken 8 months afer her son was born!!! The other two pix that say 2008 on them lol...are obvisouly from Ky show in 08.

I also posted a b4 pic, that was taken 8 months prior to her NY Pro show.

and the pic of her in a sports bra and shorts is what she looks like year round. i live in the same town and train at the same gym..so i see her everday. she has never gone back to being bigger.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-19-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm going to say 'yes', but only with great genetics and several years of training. The level of muscle mass in figure just shouldn't require drugs to achieve. I do however, think most are using some drugs at the present time. If were talking pro FBB, I'd say no, unless she had testosterone levels in the high male range, and great genetics- receptors, fiber density, muscle lengths, etc.

Johnny Phenomenon
04-19-2009, 10:14 PM

I think you should apply to change your name. It isn't very motivating for you, and on days you are down it is a horrible reminder of bad feelings. Plus as the changes come you can look back and chuckle at the "before/after" feelings. Just a suggestion though, either way I think you came to the right place for support, this place is wicked.

sassy69
04-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Another thing I wanted to point out is that what we currently consider a pro figure girl may be changing in the next few years, and I tihnk even less it will appear that you need drugs to maintain a body like that.

Despite what pros look like, you really need to consider where each came from & how many years they've spent trying to get there, and then maintain it. And then look at where you are and set your goals. It doesn't happen over night so don't set your expectations that has to happen over night and the only way it can do that is thru use of steroids. The "becoming" and more clearly determining what you want to do with it comes from the journey, not the destination.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-19-2009, 10:21 PM
Oh..here are some pix of my friend Chaundra Tangi...I mentioned her in my earlier post. she turned pro in 03...she last competed at the KY Pro in 08.

She is 100% natural...has been for life...no clen, t3 or amti-e either. She also only has 1 kidney and it's difficult for her to take in a lot of protein.

The majority of these pix were at or around NY Pro 06...taken 8 months afer her son was born!!! The other two pix that say 2008 on them lol...are obvisouly from Ky show in 08.

I also posted a b4 pic, that was taken 8 months prior to her NY Pro show.

and the pic of her in a sports bra and shorts is what she looks like year round. i live in the same town and train at the same gym..so i see her everday. she has never gone back to being bigger. She looks great! A real cutie. Too bad she's married.

Lee Penman
04-20-2009, 09:15 AM

Do you think Chaundra would be interested in doing an interview with me?
You could ask her to contact me at [email protected]

GirlyMuscle
04-20-2009, 09:17 AM
I think you should apply to change your name. It isn't very motivating for you, and on days you are down it is a horrible reminder of bad feelings. Plus as the changes come you can look back and chuckle at the "before/after" feelings. Just a suggestion though, either way I think you came to the right place for support, this place is wicked.
I have to agree. You become what your mind says you are. Start thinkg of yourself as HappyLean, put in the work and you'll go far.

*Bunny*
04-20-2009, 10:14 AM
But let's not minimize the years of work and how much work it has been. You've explored balls to the wall lifting, some PL stuff, some crazy cardio stuff (I keep thinking of the stairs on that ski hill you do "stadiums" on in the summer months... egads...) and the heart & soul that gets you through it! Your results are absolutely EARNED. No quicky fixes, no "its all genetics". LOL I love when I get the genetics comment.. I'm like, Um hai, I have blood cancer?? what?? :)

I have definitely used myself as my own test subject with training, only way to know what really works for an individual. :)

Thanks Sass! I can't wait til it's nice to go hit some hills. ;)

What Sass said.

...and HELLO! It's good to see you here. Hey Girl wow have I missed you tons! I have been trying to reconnect with you for a while now... heard from Sass you were here. Glad I found you again.

:wavey:

Hi Bunny

Hey Tatyana!! Hope you are doing well!

She is 100% natural...has been for life...no clen, t3 or amti-e either. She also only has 1 kidney and it's difficult for her to take in a lot of protein.Hi Ondrea. You are still s moking hot in that avi, good gawd woman.

I'd like to thank you for posting those pics, truly amazing and also good to know what is possible should I have to go down to one in the future. (backstory for those that don't know me, the tumor I had damaged my right kidney but things have been all clear.. Ill be in remission July 23 of this year.)

Anyway, Sall those pics bring back alot of great memories.. and also from 2007.

I was about 145-148 scale weight in those shots, but currently 160 ish with 143 lbs of LBM.

Im a little under 9 weeks out and here are two current shots, sorry for the quality but I feel like a completely different person. ;)

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b134/xxmandivxx/jr%20nats/IMG00121-20090416-1227-1-1.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b134/xxmandivxx/jr%20nats/IMG00123-20090416-1230-1.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b134/xxmandivxx/jr%20nats/IMG00080-20090407-16191-1-1.jpg

Angela123
04-20-2009, 11:43 AM
girl...i love the dark hair..it has never been this dark, right?

it is good to have you here...good luck with your prep...keep us updated, okay!

damn...160 in those shots above...uou are looking fantastic!

nice delts and tris!

*Bunny*
04-20-2009, 11:56 AM
girl...i love the dark hair..it has never been this dark, right?

it is good to have you here...good luck with your prep...keep us updated, okay!

damn...160 in those shots above...uou are looking fantastic!

nice delts and tris!
Never ever have I dyed it dark so I am totally hooked. :) Thank you !!

I was just 174 so 160's is good to see, lemme tell ya. I never cared much about scale weight but for me, it's when I cross in the 160's I know things are headed in the right direction. All my charts and graphs n stuff...

And you know .... these friggin bis just will not POP... lol..

C'est La Vie. :) & Carpe Diem.

damn 'genetics'... ;)

Side note,

I'll do my best to keep you all updated if you'd like.

My pops is going through treatment for C now, Stage IV b, so I have that on my plate as well... out in two hours for chemo, but I need to make sure he sees what can come away from such an experience by being my annoying overly positive self. :D

/thread jacking...

I'll see you ladies soon.. without you to look up to, I would have never found my way in this fitness ream that changed my life.

To everyone doing this for THEM... rock on and never let anyone steal your peace.

Namaste,

B

SallyAnne
04-20-2009, 01:13 PM

I was just 174 so 160's is good to see, lemme tell ya. I never cared much about scale weight but for me, it's when I cross in the 160's I know things are headed in the right direction. All my charts and graphs n stuff...

damn 'genetics'... ;)

Side note,

My pops is going through treatment for C now, Stage IV b, so I have that on my plate as well... out in two hours for chemo, but I need to make sure he sees what can come away from such an experience by being my annoying overly positive self. :D

/thread jacking...

I'll see you ladies soon.. without you to look up to, I would have never found my way in this fitness ream that changed my life.

To everyone doing this for THEM... rock on and never let anyone steal your peace.

Namaste,

B

We weight the same. lol

http://www.nerve.com/CS/blogs/modernmaterialist/2009/01/twins%20movie.jpg

I also LOVE the dark hair!! ...and your body looks freakin' amazing. I haven't been to Anafit for a while - are you still working with Ulter?

SadFatty
04-20-2009, 01:49 PM

Haha! I'll tell you what...when I lose 7 more pounds I will apply to change my name becuse then I won't be as sad! Nor will I be as fat.

Ibarramedia
04-21-2009, 12:53 AM

damn 'genetics'... ;)

Side note,

/thread jacking...

Namaste,

B

174-160 How tall are you Bunny? You look great.

SallyAnne
04-21-2009, 10:07 AM

She's Arnie and I'm Danny Devito. :D lol

TALL.

sassy69
04-21-2009, 05:16 PM

5'9", without the 5" heels... :p