PDA

View Full Version : Calorie free BBQ sauce and salad dressings

Frosty
02-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Hey I discovered a brand Walden Farms that has a ton of "calorie free" stuff. I have their BBQ sauce, ranch dressing, honey dijon. They have a ton of other stuff. I know this might be moved but I thought this was worth some attention.

Does anyone else use this stuff? It's great on a diet! Check them out at www.waldenfarms.com

I'm sure it's not 100% calorie free, but I guess unless you use it like crazy, it's a trivial amount of carbs. I'm doing the Palumbo Diet and this stuff sure makes it even easier of a diet!

The salad dressings are decent, and so is the BBQ sauce. I found this stuff at my local grocery store, but I want to see if I can find a good online retailer to get more variety and maybe save some.

aaronthegreat34
02-12-2009, 08:18 PM
I used it during my last contest a little bit. The taste is nothing like masterpiece obviously because of their being no carbs. The salad dressing was awful. Other than that if you are dying and need to through in some bbq sauce i would go for it.

Frosty
02-12-2009, 08:40 PM
haha, I guess compared to the real deal, the dressings aren't really great. But to me they make it better than just chicken and lettuce! :)

Someone sent me a PM and said they have a lot of their stuff at bodybuilding.com. Sweet. Different varieties of BBQ sauce that I need to try!

Dee
02-12-2009, 09:31 PM
their maple syrup is good....
Never tried their BBQ sauce.

tammyp
02-13-2009, 06:32 AM
i live in this stuff, and use it all through prep. the alfredo sauce is good so are the jellies and dressings. the peanut butter tastes like butt. its the only thing i dont like. you can get it from www.netrititon.com cheaper and with less shipping

fchris1
02-13-2009, 08:02 AM
i may have to check this out, all i ever use is some mrs dash to flavor my food, but not really any sauces i found to be that OK to use caloric wise

aaronthegreat34
02-13-2009, 09:21 AM
their maple syrup is good....
Never tried their BBQ sauce.
There maple syrup is good.

musclegoddess65
02-13-2009, 09:51 AM
tried a few of the dressings... some are ok, some are horrible..

BBQ sauce is disgusting...

Chocolate Syrup... love it!!!

Maple syrup... yummy in my oatmeal... when I can have it again :)

NattyGirl
02-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Tammy - I agree the PB is NASTY... BUT if you mix a little cinnamon and splenda or stevia in it you can use it like an icing on some things and it's not bad.

LOVE the chocolate sauce... in my coffee and my oats.

Marshmallow cream stuff isn't very good either, but ok when eaten with fruit.

Nadia Nardi
02-13-2009, 12:17 PM
The 'Caramel Dip' and the maple pancake syrup they make is absolutely fantastic!! Also, the 'Apple Butter' fruit spread can make regular oatmeal taste like warm apple crumble if you add a tiny bit of vanilla extract, cinnamon and even a dash of allspice.

Regarding the Peanut Butter, I gotta agree, it is disgusting.

cheddar cheese
02-13-2009, 12:45 PM
the peanut butter tastes like butt.

haha, that made me laugh, thanks for the link Tammy

tammyp
02-13-2009, 03:14 PM
choc sauce in coffee....i gotta try that!

i also use the jelly ..like the orange and apricot, for a marinade for fish. just add a bit of spice, some water and magic bullet it.

chucksm00th
02-16-2009, 10:18 PM
the spicy BBQ is netter than the regualr by FAR.
Syrup is amazing and the fruit spreads are nice on ezekial toast or for an all natural PB+J

Frosty
02-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Oh man, if you like blue cheese dressing, the walden Farms one is VERY good! Just tried it.

Sistersteel
02-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Oh man, if you like blue cheese dressing, the walden Farms one is VERY good! Just tried it.

I love this thread. I have never added any dressings or sauces to my food when dieting. I guess its time to try something new!

Jack of All
03-10-2009, 05:17 PM
I have tried several of the dressings havent found one that is any good. the bbq saunce is not great but it will do. the cocktail sauce is grosse. I dont think i will waste any more money on this crap.

MichaelWayne
03-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Just picked up the choc and blueberry syrup. Ok on taste. They have a little too much of a chemical taste by themselves, but in a shake they aren't that bad.