PDA

View Full Version : Does cellulite go away with fat loss?

SadFatty
04-17-2009, 02:05 PM
I'm wondering if cellulite is permanent or if you can get rid of it? I've heard both. I would hate to lose weight but still have cellulite.

I have lost one pound by the way! Took about a week!

Angela123
04-17-2009, 02:15 PM
good job on losing a pound. keep it up.

there are different levels and form of cellulite. and anyone can have it. 105 pound, 5'10 supermodels admit to having it. its a curse.

some cellulite will diminish as you get super lean but will it go away completely...depends. I dont have noticeable cellulite but when i clench/flex my ass cheeks in offseason, dimples appear on the lower cheek area and whn i sit down i notice a few dimples appear on the outer hip areas..but if im just standing i dont have any. so my form is pretty light and not advanced. but as i diet and lean down, as i clench my ass cheeks and go to sit down, the look of dimples fades and eventually they do dissappear. but i will say this...im not just talking about average weight loss...they go away 100% when i am ripped up and very lean. they do dimish as i lose weight but for them to totally go away..i need to be pretty damn lean. well..actually the legs one will dissappear easier than the ass ones. common. women carry fat in their ass. last place to go.

but if you have celluite that is very noticable and you have a lot of it...I am not sure how that goes. i would think it would diminsh as you lose weight, but go away 100%..I dont know.

~gymdiva~
04-17-2009, 02:36 PM
mine never goes away totally until about a week out from a show...even at 4wks, 3wks out, I still have it...yea to estrogen and genetics :(

musclebitch
04-17-2009, 03:08 PM
In my experience, yeah, it does go away, got to do a lot, but a lot of lunges, try some squats out or try hiking uphill with a heavy pack ;-) That'll cure that cellulite right up., also do mauntain climber exercises, drink 96 oz of water a day, and do cardio 6 to 7x a week minimum of one hour. :)

~gymdiva~
04-17-2009, 03:12 PM
that much cardio is a bit much if you're not show prepping IMO...building muscle is always a good thing though...helps fill out the area with something else plus it raises your resting metabolic rate...

SadFatty
04-17-2009, 03:25 PM
I didn't have cellulite at 130 pounds but I do at 150...now 149. I'm just not confident it will go away because my mother had it.

~gymdiva~
04-17-2009, 03:26 PM
keep plugging away and just keep to that diet...you never know what your body is capable of until you push it into unknown territories :)

Melissa
04-17-2009, 03:54 PM
I have to say, gymdiva and ondrea, it is SUCH a relief to know that I'm not alone in this area. I have cellulite on my ass when I squeeze and outter thigh when I sit during my offseason as well, and that junk doesn't go away until about 3 or 4 weeks out from a show either. And it's been something that causes A TON of concern for me.

I will add this though, I am now 150 (20 lbs heavier than I have ever been in the offseason), and I have the same amount of cellulite in those areas as I did when I was 130. The difference is that I have definitely added quite a bit more muscle to my glutes and quads. So, yes, I still have the nastiness back there, but those areas have much better shape now than they ever have during an offseason.

SadFatty
04-17-2009, 04:07 PM
I thought girls like you would never get cellulite. It's nice to know I'm not alone. I've eaten clean for a whole week....and very clean....not one bad thing. No sugar at all. I didn't think I had it in me. I feel less bloaty.

great job! once you stick to it...it becomes easier.

Angela123
04-17-2009, 04:15 PM
I have to say, gymdiva and ondrea, it is SUCH a relief to know that I'm not alone in this area. I have cellulite on my ass when I squeeze and outter thigh when I sit during my offseason as well, and that junk doesn't go away until about 3 or 4 weeks out from a show either. And it's been something that causes A TON of concern for me.

I will add this though, I am now 150 (20 lbs heavier than I have ever been in the offseason), and I have the same amount of cellulite in those areas as I did when I was 130. The difference is that I have definitely added quite a bit more muscle to my glutes and quads. So, yes, I still have the nastiness back there, but those areas have much better shape now than they ever have during an offseason.

Same here...though I am bigger and weigh more than ever before...i look better bc of added muscle and I have not added more cellulite. I actually think it has lessened. When i squeeze my ass now...im pretty sure there used to be more dimples.

Angela123
04-17-2009, 04:20 PM
I thought girls like you would never get cellulite. It's nice to know I'm not alone. I've eaten clean for a whole week....and very clean....not one bad thing. No sugar at all. I didn't think I had it in me. I feel less bloaty.

great job! once you stick to it...it becomes easier.

many women get cellulite...from 18 to 80. from 100 lb women to women who definitly weigh more than 100. from super models and bb to couch potatos. it is more common to have it, than not have it.

if u noticed i edited your post...its bc i was being dumb and i was editing your post instead of quoting it. so at first your quote got edited with my reply in it lol.

~gymdiva~
04-18-2009, 12:35 AM
shoot, what's all this talk about seeing it when you squeeze?!? hahahaha...mine's there just chillin...no squeeze required! :mad:

sassy69
04-18-2009, 01:11 AM
What is cellulite exactly?

http://beauty.ivillage.com/skinbody/cellulite/0,,8c4k,00.html

Cellulite is a kind of fat tissue in the subcutaneous layer of the skin that contains constricting bands of connective tissue. This connective tissue, which varies in thickness and is laced with fat cells, is held in place by a network of fibers that protects our body, cushioning our muscles and organs; it is surrounded by a liquid that both nourishes it and provides it with an effective waste system. When all is working well in the system, waste products are removed and smooth (http://beauty.ivillage.com/skinbody/cellulite/0,,8c4k,00.html#) curves result; when fats, fluids and toxins are trapped deep in the skin (below the epidural layer), however, the connective tissue thickens and hardens, giving a dimpling effect. As we mature, the layer of skin thins, resulting in the rippled appearance of cellulite.
What is the difference between cellulite and fat? Though everyone has a smooth layer of fat, individual amounts depend on weight, lifestyle and genetics. This fat layer is an insulator for the body (http://beauty.ivillage.com/skinbody/cellulite/0,,8c4k,00.html#) and cushions the organs, muscles and nerves. Cellulite, on the other hand, is lumpy and provides no padding whatsoever. It only occurs in certain areas of the body: the thighs, buttocks, abdomen and breasts. When men get cellulite, it tends to be on the neck and abdomen.

Cellulite is not necessarily a factor of body (http://beauty.ivillage.com/skinbody/cellulite/0,,8c4k-2,00.html#) weight. You don't have to be heavy to have cellulite. Though diet and lifestyle affect cellulite formation, a large part of cellulite is comprised of toxins and fat that build up in the body, and can affect women of any size, weight and body structure.