PDA

View Full Version : It's Show Time!

sweetchks
07-19-2012, 08:20 AM
I have decided to keep a journal of sorts to track my progress over the next 13.5 weeks as I work toward my first show. I am 5'7" and weighed in this am at 154. I will post pics on Sunday to show a good starting point. My goal is to shed about 30lbs. I am currently doing a keto plan with no limitation on veggies and it looks like this:

Meal 1
300 g egg whites
100 g avocado

Meal 2
37 g Muscle Gauge Nutrition Cinnamon Roll protein
25 g almond butter

Meal 3
150 g chicken
12 grams macadamia nut oil
salad

Meal 4
37 g Muscle Gauge Nutrition Cinnamon Roll Protein (YUM)
28 g almond butter

Meal 5
140 g ground beef
18 g almond butter
salad/steamed veggies

Meal 6
160 g egg white
26 g almond butter
15 g Muscle Gauge Nutrition Cinnamon Roll Protein

I have a structured refeed every 7th day on a back or leg day and it replaces meal 5 and I skip meal 6:
30 g bannana
1 whole thomas's everything bagel
25 g Capn Crunch Cereal
2 slices of cinnamon raisin Ezekial bread
4 g Mac Nut oil

Started this on Monday and have come down 1.5 lbs so far. My workout is 40 min liss every day and 3 15 interval hitt sessions (15 sec all out and 45 sec recover).

For lifting I have been a little scattered so I am hoping to tighten up my routine. I am lifting 4-5 days currently but I am thinking I am going to go to 6 and focus on one body part at a time - get in get done get out. I am going to post often aiming for at least a few times a week since I am also crazy busy. Come Fall I will be in school full time, have 2 kids, coach football and starting my first 20 hr a week clinical rotation for my program. My show date is October 27th - time to make it happen!!! I figure if I post it here I gotta stay with it. I have struggled for a few years to try and make this happen and it's been one thing or another that has gotten in the way - It's time!! I was never a skinny kid, I didn't start lifting until my 30's and now I really want to see what I can get to happen. Thanks for following along!!

hotchickjulie
07-19-2012, 08:28 AM
I'm following along with your progress. :)

sweetchks
07-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Thank you - I'm nervous and excited but really focused to make this happen. Gotta get a good training plan in place - have wicked stubborn legs being Cuban that is where I loose last. I am open to any suggestions or recommendations :)

hotchickjulie
07-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Thank you - I'm nervous and excited but really focused to make this happen. Gotta get a good training plan in place - have wicked stubborn legs being Cuban that is where I loose last. I am open to any suggestions or recommendations :)

Having children, I can relate with you in that department - 3 girls. :)

My legs have always been my most troubled area, particularly cause I hold plenty of muscle and I need to take them down.

Much of my advice given is always set short-term attainable goals. It's more rewarding when you hit these and then you can set new goals. Be patient and be consistent. You WILL make it happen.

Sunnyday
07-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Welcome! I'm also a mom of 3. :)

Following along.

The Prodigy
07-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Welcome to RX Girl!!! So excited you are here! I am following along on this journey!!!!!

sweetchks
07-20-2012, 04:56 AM
Thank you for the advice - consistency is huge you are right - 3 girls wow - I have one of each and they are a handful so I can only imagine :)

sweetchks
07-20-2012, 04:58 AM
I am grateful for the support on here and look forward to charting my progress. This is huge for me as I came to this sport at age 34 and now at 38 I feel like I need to get on that stage after trying and backing out for 3 years. I can't ever get my legs to look the way I want them so I end up backing out but not this time - It's on!!

sweetchks
07-20-2012, 05:15 AM
So after my 40 minutes of fasted cardio in the am (20 on elliptical and 20 on treadmill), yesterday was leg day - one of my favorites!! This work out brought to you by DMX lol.... I have changed up how I am lifting, since I am in contest prep and am trying to get fat off and some size down I am doing way lighter on the weights and higher on the reps. I was reading about leg overtraining to get the size down and am wondering if anyone has tried this?

Tri -set 1:

a) machine lunges - 40x10 each leg, 50x10 each leg, 65x10 each leg
b) hammer ground up deadlifts hanging my butt way back and coming way down - 45x10, 95x10, 95x10
c) step ups with a jump - 3 sets of 10 each leg

Tri set 2:

a) leg extensions - one leg at a time - 50x10, 50x15, 50x20
b) stiff leg deadlifts - slow and low coming almost all the way up - 95x10, 95x15, 95x15
c) lying hamstring curls - 40x10, 40x15 - last 3 were slow negatives with 10 sec neg w 10 tiny reps midrange, 40x20 again last 3 were 10 sec neg w 10 tiny reps at the bottom

Legs done - booty killed - felt great.

After legs I usually retain some water and I got a 1 hr massage yesterday (Russian style - pain pain pain) so definitely didn't epect to loose - but man am I hungry :)

Weighed in this am at 154 but I feel like my body is definitely looking different. I report in to my diet coach on Sunday - with weekly wight and pics and I expect that we will probably drop some fat from my diet.

Finishing my coffee and getting ready to get on the cardio train - 40 min woohooo - hope everyone has a great day!!

hotchickjulie
07-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Look at you up nice and early! Best way to start the day... at the gym!

sweetchks
07-20-2012, 08:45 PM
After yesterdays leg demolition I thought this morning that going for a nice jog would help get them moving a bit better. Went for a 40 min jog - I say jog because I have to go slow seeing as I'm taking in no carbs besides veggies 2 times a day I figured I better keep it on the low intensity steady state side. It was a perfect morning for a run too - overcast - cool and a bit of drizzle - felt great!

Taking summer classes so I spent the greater part of my day sitting and doing school work - boy oh boy did my leg workout catch up - hurts to stand hurts to sit - love it!!

My husband and I did chest and shoulders today - followed John Meadows Mountain Dog workout - holy shit fire!! My husband is also prepping for the same show I am doing and so when we can get work outs in together its great. He is the best lifting partner I have ever had. He's been on this forum a long time and has inspired me to take this whole journey to a new level - thank you bushmaster! Anyway back to the workout...

Hammer bench press 50x15, 70x15, 90x15, 90x15 - did chest stretch with bands in between sets

incline hammer press with bands (holy hell - you get resistance both ways) bandsx8, 50x6(too heavy), 30x8, 20x8+15 partials at the bottom - again stretched with band in between sets

heavy side laterals - 2/3 way up 15x30, 15x30, 15x30 - burn!

seated front raises leaning back slightly so I get my front delt start at the bottom and go alll the way to the ears - 10x6/5x6, 10x6/5x6, 10x6/5x6,10x6/5x6 - killer

incline bench rear delt swings - 20x60, 10x30, 5x10 full reps - shoulders felt so good and like they were on fire

finished with some quick abs and got on the Jacob's Ladder (my new favorite cardio torture) and did 15 intervals of 15 sec all out with 45 sec recovery - home to eat steak and salad hahaha

Great day!! Now to study for my exam on Monday and bed :)

bushmaster
07-21-2012, 05:36 AM
Keep killing it babe. I will be following along. Today is a great arm day!

sweetchks
07-21-2012, 07:20 AM
Good Morning - up and at em today with lots to do... got my 40 min fasted in this am with 20 on the bike and 20 on the treadmill then devoured my breakfast! I think the running yesterday as it usually does retains water in my legs - but I love it - so not sure what to do. Will probably try again and see if it continues back to power walking and stairs and such. Busy day today!! I coach pop warner football - it is a joy and a privilege but it is exhausting. Got a clinic from 9-10 then meeting hubby at the gym for an arm demolition which I will post up later then it's my son's 9th birthday party at Dave and Busters then making dinner for company then study for exam - ya craziness. Diet is still the same - I report weight tomorrow I am down about 1.5lbs for the week is ok - but I look very different. Contest prep is so interesting :)

Headed out - will check in later - have a great day!

sweetchks
07-21-2012, 07:20 AM
Thank you so much!! Couldn't do it without you!

hotchickjulie
07-21-2012, 08:47 AM
Good Morning - up and at em today with lots to do... got my 40 min fasted in this am with 20 on the bike and 20 on the treadmill then devoured my breakfast! I think the running yesterday as it usually does retains water in my legs - but I love it - so not sure what to do. Will probably try again and see if it continues back to power walking and stairs and such. Busy day today!! I coach pop warner football - it is a joy and a privilege but it is exhausting. Got a clinic from 9-10 then meeting hubby at the gym for an arm demolition which I will post up later then it's my son's 9th birthday party at Dave and Busters then making dinner for company then study for exam - ya craziness. Diet is still the same - I report weight tomorrow I am down about 1.5lbs for the week is ok - but I look very different. Contest prep is so interesting :)

Headed out - will check in later - have a great day!

Good morning lovely. Just a thought, do you think the pounding of the cardio causes any form of inflammation in or around your knees?

Happy Birthday to your little man! :)

sweetchks
07-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Thank you!

I actually (knock on wood) have no issues with knee inflammation. I do active release therapy 2x/wk, russian style (beat down make me cry) massage 1-2 times per month and I take in a good amount of Macadamia Nut oil (Species brand on this - the only kind I like) which helps with reducing inflammation. I'm a firm believer that nutrition makes the difference keeping your body in balance is huge. If you are getting inflammation in your knees - then I would say something is going on with them. Inflammation is your body's response to uh oh something is wrong and it could be your bursa or your cartilage (just a thought). What I do get when I run is my leg muscles get full of water as they are coping with the fatigue - I go up about .5 lb. I bet if I did it more often it wouldn't happen as much if I did it more often :)

sweetchks
07-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Helllll YA - what an arm workout!! I tell you - when you lift with the right partner - I have lifted with many different people and hand down my husband will always be the best lifting partner motivator and no nonsense do work attitude. Makes such a difference!

Here was the arm workout for today:

Superset 1
triangle pushdowns - flex on first 10 then rep out next 10 - warm up 2x15x30, 20x45, 20x40, 20x35, 20x35 - had to work backwards cuz this killed my tris
dumbell curls - 2x15x10 (warm up), working sets were a 3 second negative 8x20, 7x25, 8x20, 8x20

**there was only a 30 second rest between each superset for all exercises

Superset 2
dips between benches - as slow a negative as I could stand - 15, 15, 13, 12
ez bar curl - again 3 sec negative - 30x8, 40x8, 30x8, 30x7 - holy burn

superset 3
seated ez bar overhead press - kinda like a seated skull crusher where i lowered the bar behind my head - 30x12, 30x12, 30x12, 30x12
overhand reverse curls - 30x12, 30x12, 30x12, 30x12

gotta push harder on the curls - since I had shoulder issues my arms poop out faster

after this I did some walking lunges with trunk rotations along the track in my gym followed by planks for 4 sets - then home phew phew - what an awesome workout!

Now on to my son's birthday party to watch people eat burgers and cupcakes - yay :)

Sunnyday
07-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Awesome training, mama! Happy birthday to your boy, too! :)

lastson
07-22-2012, 10:15 AM
Great journal, Nice to see the driving force behind Bushmaster posting..

Ill be following to get some tips for Mrs Last..

Happy birthday to your boy, my kids birthday parties are always hard to get thru, without eating the whole cake...

Good luck

Last

hotchickjulie
07-22-2012, 06:51 PM
Thank you!

I actually (knock on wood) have no issues with knee inflammation. I do active release therapy 2x/wk, russian style (beat down make me cry) massage 1-2 times per month and I take in a good amount of Macadamia Nut oil (Species brand on this - the only kind I like) which helps with reducing inflammation. I'm a firm believer that nutrition makes the difference keeping your body in balance is huge. If you are getting inflammation in your knees - then I would say something is going on with them. Inflammation is your body's response to uh oh something is wrong and it could be your bursa or your cartilage (just a thought). What I do get when I run is my leg muscles get full of water as they are coping with the fatigue - I go up about .5 lb. I bet if I did it more often it wouldn't happen as much if I did it more often :)

That's good to hear then. My knees are sore as hell as I've been in depletion for about 23 weeks now. :(

The active release and the massage is a great addition to your training and recovery. Great for drainage of the lymphatic system.

sweetchks
07-24-2012, 07:47 AM
Great journal, Nice to see the driving force behind Bushmaster posting..

Ill be following to get some tips for Mrs Last..

Happy birthday to your boy, my kids birthday parties are always hard to get thru, without eating the whole cake...

Good luck

Last

Thanks Last!! Had two birthday parties back to back - burgers at the first one and pizza at the second - I had protein shake and almond butter - didn't quite compare but a goal is a goal and it doesn't happen eating bs food. Work hard everyday and good things happen - I will keep posting and Mrs Last can feel free to use any and all :)

sweetchks
07-24-2012, 07:49 AM
That's good to hear then. My knees are sore as hell as I've been in depletion for about 23 weeks now. :(

The active release and the massage is a great addition to your training and recovery. Great for drainage of the lymphatic system.

Fully agree! ART has saved me from shoulder surgery - it is a twice a week must for me especially now that I am depleting and kicking my ass on the daily! 23 weeks phew - that's alot and I can understand why you are getting soreness - be sure to take in extra calcium it works miracles. I also take the joint support that Species has out - WOW what a huge difference I have noticed! Keep it it pretty lady :)

sweetchks
07-24-2012, 07:59 AM
Coffee and catching up!

Crazy couple of days, Sunday was metabolic circuit day (which I freaking love). Here's how it went down....

Circuit - each done for one minute with 20 sec to catch y breath in between
1) jump rope (1 min)
2) bunny hops (about 20 yards)(1 min)
3) run flight of stairs (1 min)

done 5 times

then I finished another 20 minutes on the stair mill and 5 minute cool down on the elliptical
Done and done - took kids to the pool,, then laser tag birthday party, then pulled an all nighter studying for my Anatomy and Phys. exam - 3 hours is just not enough sleep!!

Weight is not moving in the right direction - sucks but I think it's definitely hormonal (sooooo frustrating). Got a new diet - lower fats higher protein - hoping it works soon. Looks like this:

M1
320g egg whites
60g avocado

M2
42 g protein shake
19 g almond butter

M3
155 g chicken
2 tsp mac nut oil
veggies

M4
42 g protein shake
19 g almond butter

M5
160 g steak/ground beef
10 g almond butter
veggies

M6
245 g egg whites
15 g protein shake
(not my favorite - but I mix my protein powder in my eggs and cook them then add walden farms pancake syrup and it's doable)

So - now I went from 1738 cals to 1486 cals - if that doesn't make weight budge along with the cardio, I may hack off a limb jkjk.

sweetchks
07-24-2012, 08:07 AM
Figured I would split Sunday and Monday for easier reading...

Monday started with my 40 minutes of fasted cardio - did 20 minutes of up and down the two stair cases in my basement - they are about 5' apart on a diagonal so it worked great then finished on bike for another 20.

School to take the worst exam to date and started my new meal plan.

Favorite time of the day - gym time with the hubby - and we rocked it!

LEGS LEGS LEGS!!

19 sets total working

lying leg curls - 2-3 warm ups with 30 then 40, 40x12, 50x12, 60x12, 60x10 then paused and pushed out last two

banded leg press - used 3 diff size band on each side - warm up with no weight then 25s, 8x45, 8x45, 8x45, 8x45 (killed with the constant tension up and down and weight pushed had to drop dramatically)

Superset
Smith machine lunges - 4 on one leg then 4 on the other x2 - 8x30, 8x40, 8x40, 8x40
add weight and right into ATG squats - 8x80, 8x90, 8x90, 8x90

leg extensions w a 3 sec flex at top - 8x112, 8x125, 8x150, 7x150 - phew!!

stiff leg bb deads up 3/4 way only - 15x135, 15x135

abs

destruction and starvation!!!

Great workout - today is Chest, shoulders and back - will post later.

Today we are also leaving for a short trip to PA to pick up our new dog - 9 wk old American bulldog to join our 1 yr old French bulldog - soooooo excited!!!! Hope everyone has a super day!!

sweetchks
07-24-2012, 08:44 AM
Oh yeah... one more thing - forgot to mention that I started a new sup from Iron Mag Labs yesterday which I am really excited about. I have read and heard great things and feel like it is another tool to add so my arsenal. It's called Osta Rx - I take it 3x daily along with my vitamins, joint support, digestive enzymes, probiotics, extra calcium and vitamin D&C and I added some Yohimbe too to give me a little extra oooomph in my fatloss journey. I never got around to pics on Sunday - this coming weekend should be better and I will post them then. It'll be at 13 wks out I believe and boy to I have a big grind in front of me with the friggin Cuban legs.

Sunnyday
07-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Nice training, girl! Keep it up!

My show is Oct 20 so we're sorta in this together!! ;)

hotchickjulie
07-24-2012, 04:56 PM
Oh yeah... one more thing - forgot to mention that I started a new sup from Iron Mag Labs yesterday which I am really excited about. I have read and heard great things and feel like it is another tool to add so my arsenal. It's called Osta Rx - I take it 3x daily along with my vitamins, joint support, digestive enzymes, probiotics, extra calcium and vitamin D&C and I added some Yohimbe too to give me a little extra oooomph in my fatloss journey. I never got around to pics on Sunday - this coming weekend should be better and I will post them then. It'll be at 13 wks out I believe and boy to I have a big grind in front of me with the friggin Cuban legs.

Keep us posted about the Osta-Rx. Look forward to seeing how you respond to this.

sweetchks
07-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Keep us posted about the Osta-Rx. Look forward to seeing how you respond to this.

I will keep you posted. So far I have noticed that my lifts are getting much better and my drive and endurance are awesome, mood is great. No water retention issues at all. I will keep posting about how I'm doing with this through out my prep.

sweetchks
07-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Back from picking up the puppy... Drove 7 hours to get and then turned around and drove back - exhausting!!

Gotta catch up - I didn't post Tuesday Chest/shoulders/back so here it is:

Banded hammer press - added bands to the hammer strength machine - whole new level of crazy - 8xband only, 8x50, 8x90,8x90

Incline bb press - pyramid up doing sets of 6 until I coulndt get 6 anymore - 6x75, 6x85, 6x90, 6x105, 6x115, 5x115

Neutral grip flat db press - 10x25, 10x25, 10x25

Reverse band bench - basically you hang the bar from bands attached to the top of the squat rack - really great for taking the tricep out and focusing on pec major and minor - 5x105,5x115,5x135,5x155, 5x155 - this is all personal best but less impressive because the bands help get the weight up - but I'll take it and feel beast mode anyway - seriously felt badass

Vbar push downs - 12x60,12x70,12x80,12x90-30 sec rest btwn sets

Dumbell side laterals - 5 sets of10 w 20 sec rest in between- used 15s the whole time since I have shoulder issues I tend to go conservative on weight

Bent over rear db raises- 30 sets of 30 all w 20s - holy hell!!

Wide grip pull down - 4sets of 10 - so exhausted I used 75lbs for first two and 90 for last two....

Went home and passed out lol

sweetchks
07-27-2012, 08:22 AM
More catching up :)

We arrived in PA at almost midnight Tuesday night and by the time we got I and settled and in bed it was close to 1am. Woke up at 3:30am to do my fasted cardio before going to pick up the new puppy 1 hr away. I get dressed and low and behold.....forgot my sneakers...so winning! Well cardio must be done so I got on the elliptical in socks. Luckily at that time no one is there and it didn't matter but my heels were sore after. Picked up doggie and drove 8.5 hrs home. The it was back attack day... Had to have some Jacked3d to make it cuz I was running on fumes! Here's what I did:

1 arm barbell rows- 12x80, 12x90, 12x100,12x105(pr)

Low cable rows ss w stretchers which are v bar pull downs except you stand and give a nice strecht at the bottom - 8x70-6x75, 8x80-6x75, 8x100-6x90,, 8x100-6x90

Db upright rows - 4 sets of 25 with 15lbs

Reverse banded hypers (4 sets of 15 w 25lb band) ss w rack pulls 1/4 reps from knee up (4 sets of 6 reps w 225) killed killed killed

Yesterday was 40 min fasted in the am and then I did 15 intervals of running stairs and jumping rope in the afternoon along with some 4x15 hanging leg raises, side crunches on Hyperextension machine and sit ups with a 25lb plate above my head slow on both concentric and eccentric portions.

Todays weight at 4:30 am was 153 so starting to come down but def look different which is good. This morning did my fasted cardio outside went for a walk with my heart rate monitor and kept my hr at about 125-130bpm. Later I have chest and shoulders again along with another 15 interval hitt session which I will do on the Jacob's ladder at my gym - 15 sec all out w 45 sec recovery - brutal. Every time I do this and get off the machine the world looks a little wierd for a few minutes lol. Yay finally caught up - will post wo later.

Have a great day!

sweetchks
07-28-2012, 06:44 AM
Just finished my fasted cardio.... Struggle today.... I'm exhausted but had to be done. 20 min on bike and 20 on elliptical. Weight is up today by 5lbs dammit.... I know it's all water but it is tough to see after working so hard. I'm sure it's from tanning yesterday - and I upped water intake from 1 to 2 gallons.

Workouts have been great - I really think I am starting to feel the Osta-rx working. Been getting some PRs and the only thing I have changed is the addition of the Osta-rx so by my powers of deduction I'm going to go with its making a difference. Lol

Yesterday was chest and shoulders and it went like this:

Machine press - 90x15, 110x12, 120x9, 140x6(pr)
Used a band to get a good pec stretch in between sets

Pec minor dips - 4 sets to failure - did on dip assist since shoulder has issues, got about 8-10 per set

Stretch pushups - basically pushups between benches - 2 sets to failure - these didn't feel so great on the second set so I did about 8 on first and 4 on second

Machine rear delt on pec deck - 60x15, 70x 15, 80x15

Destroyer set - 60 partials on incline bench using 20lbs db, 30 partials w 10lb db and 10 full range of motion w 5lb db

Spidercrawls - band around wrists arms apart and walk Hands up and down wall - 3 sets that burned my rear delts so good!

Finished with 15 interval hitt on Jacobs ladder - 15 sec all out 45 sec recovery.

Great workout!!! Today is arms, will post later. Have a great day!

The Prodigy
07-28-2012, 05:35 PM
Puppy pictures please!!!

sweetchks
07-28-2012, 07:21 PM

sweetchks
07-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Arm destruction day thanks to 2 tri-sets for 5 rounds each!!

Tri set 1

V bar pushdowns - 25x10 ,35x10, 40x10, 40x10, 30x10
dumbell curl (3 second descent - used wraps) - 15x8, 15x8, 20x8, 20x8, 25x8
dips between benches to failure - about 8-12 per set

Tri set 2
Barbell curls with a 3 second descent - 40x8, 40x8, 40x8, 40x8, 40x8
reverse grip pushdown (bent over and coming from behind my head) 30x15, 30x15, 30x15, 40x15, ,40x15
ez bar reverse curls - 30x15, 30x15, 30x15, 30x15, 30x15

PHEW!!!

Did calves on the leg press after using 1 plate on each side and doing timed presses so go for 45 sec then on to a round of abs - did this 4 times - burn baby burn!

Up 5lbs from yesterday - arghhhhh!!!! Only thing I think it can be is water retention from the Osta-RX and tanning. Hopefully I start to drop soon. Funny thing is that everyone says I look leaner lol oh well. I check in with my diet coach tomorrow - I feel PV days coming in my near future and more cardio - whatever it takes!! 13 wks goes quick and I def have about 20-30lbs to shed. Going to go watch a friend's band play - drink my diet coke and laugh at the drunkies hehe. Tomorrow I will post some pics - have a good one all!

Sunnyday
07-28-2012, 10:08 PM
Oh wow I love your idea of doing timed leg press calves then abs! Awesome!! Gonnna borrow that.

P.S. Love da puppy!! :)

sweetchks
07-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Thanks Sunny - it is definitely good multitasking and when you have kids - well you know :)

So today I checked in with diet coach - down 3.5lbs since last Sunday which is right on track - my body is changing and he decided to up my liss to 1 hr but keep diet the same (which I am very happy about).

Time post some pics - I am 13 wks out with the most stubborn lower body on earth - but I figure all I can do is be consistent, follow my plan, keep it together and keep pushing hard and hope that the legs come around. I guess I should post a pic of last Sunday and a pic of today so you can see the difference 1 week has made. This change has been due to a lowering of my fats and starting Osta-RX - because everything else has stayed exactly the same.

7/22/12128432 7/29/12128433
7/29/12128434
7/22/12128435 7/29/12 128436
7/22/12 128437 7/29/12128438
7/29/12128439

hotchickjulie
07-30-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks Sunny - it is definitely good multitasking and when you have kids - well you know :)

So today I checked in with diet coach - down 3.5lbs since last Sunday which is right on track - my body is changing and he decided to up my liss to 1 hr but keep diet the same (which I am very happy about).

Time post some pics - I am 13 wks out with the most stubborn lower body on earth - but I figure all I can do is be consistent, follow my plan, keep it together and keep pushing hard and hope that the legs come around. I guess I should post a pic of last Sunday and a pic of today so you can see the difference 1 week has made. This change has been due to a lowering of my fats and starting Osta-RX - because everything else has stayed exactly the same.

Down 3.5 pounds since last week. Well done girl!!!

bushmaster
07-30-2012, 12:08 PM

What's great is even though she only lost 3.5lbs (which is a lot) it looks like more. Her body is transforming so quickly that everywhere we go people notice. Keep killing it babe and get ready to massacre those baby legs!

Sunnyday
07-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Wow, girl! 3.5 pounds is nothing to sneeze at! Congrats & keep killing it! :)

lastson
07-30-2012, 03:11 PM
What's great is even though she only lost 3.5lbs (which is a lot) it looks like more. Her body is transforming so quickly that everywhere we go people notice. Keep killing it babe and get ready to massacre those baby legs!

Your doing very well when other people start to notice.. nice work on the 3.5 pounds..

Last

sweetchks
07-30-2012, 04:20 PM

Thanks so much - without your support there is no way I would be where I am! And... you mean your baby legs right..... Can't wait to lift!

sweetchks
07-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Your doing very well when other people start to notice.. nice work on the 3.5 pounds..

Last

Thank you - ya definitely feels good when people tell you you look different and keeps you motivated. :)

sweetchks
07-30-2012, 04:22 PM

Thanks Julie - looking to repeat that this week too - lots to do before I'm stage ready. One foot in front of the other :)

sweetchks
07-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Wow, girl! 3.5 pounds is nothing to sneeze at! Congrats & keep killing it! :)

Thanks Sunny - seeing a loss helps me stay away from the food I'm not supposed to have lol

sweetchks
08-01-2012, 05:39 AM
Good Morning world..... been a few since I have been armpit deep in my anatomy and physiology practical exam I haven't had a minute to post.

This week started week 4 of John Meadow's "creeping death" program - ya it's that hard lol.... I have to say of all the workouts I have done - his are by far the best and I have gotten the most change I have ever seen out of them.

The weekend blew by so fast and the kids were away camping so it was like having a small honeymoon weekend which did the husband and I good. Always nice when you can get a chance to reconnect - life is so hectic these days.

Today is the first day of pop warner football - I have been involved in it for a few years as both a team mom and a coach - but today is sad for me because in order to keep my sanity, my grades and my marriage I have to quit doing it. There is no way I can manage a part time job, full time school, contest prep, 20 hour clinical rotation with college basketball and football - as far as I like to think I am superwoman - somethings are just not reality based lol.....

Monday was legs - did 40 min fasted in am and then 20 minutes on stairmill post leg workout(OUCH!!). Leg workout was serious business!!

19 sets:
seated leg curl - 3 warmups going up in weight each set x 10 reps, 3 sets at 185x10, 4th set was a drop set did first 10 dropped to 150lbs did 8, dropped to 120 lbs did 8, then 25 partials at the top.

banded leg press - 3 different size bands added to leg press then added weight on top, 50x8, 90x8, 130x8, 130x8, 130x8,130x8

squats - not a huge fan of these because I have back and knee issues but I know they are a must so I went a little lighter slower and focused on form - 4 sets of 8 with a 3 second descent - weight was steady at 140lbs

back to leg press - put on 1 plate each side and repped out a burn set of 55 reps - fire fire fire

db stiff leg deads - 50x8, 50x8, 50x8, 50x8

Tuesday - chest/shoulders/triceps

Took the new puppy - who is precious but peeing everywhere - for a walk - 40 min fasted

for workout:
machine press - few warm up sets to get up to working weight of - full range of motion with flex at end - 90x10, 100x10, 115x10, 130x6

incline bb press - pyramid up did about 4 sets to get to working weight of 80lbs then 3 sets of 8 reps each

reverse band bench - did these last week so great! 4 sets of 5 using 130lbs, then 4 sets of 5 for triceps with a closer grip and coming to 6 inches off chest - annihilation!!

pec deck - 3 sets of 15-20 reps using 45lbs

dumbell raises at 10 and 2 o clock - 4 sets of 12 reps using 15lbs

bent over rear dumbell raises - 3 sets of 20 reps with 20lbs
ss
spidercrawls - up and down the wall 3 times by 3 rounds

after this I got on the Jacob's ladder and busted out 20 minutes of cardio furry

result - lost .5 lbs on a refeed day that I went tanning on - yay me hahaha

Since yesterday was a refeed day (after 9 days of no carbs) today is a protein veggie day so I can burn this water outta me and continue to lose - goal is 140s by Sunday weigh in - Im 2lbs away - here's hoping. OK cardio time - have a super days peeps!

Sunnyday
08-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Killer training, mama! Keep it going! :)

sweetchks
08-02-2012, 06:42 AM
Holy hungry batman..... Protein veggie day yesterday plus back plus football = I could eat my car. I keep telling myself right now that hunger is good - losing will come. I upped my water to 2 gallons a day to try and keep something in my belly so I don't roll up to the fridge and eat it haha... although at this point I am pretty focused on the end goal so I don't think would happen but the thought does move across my mind for a brief moment or two - human right.

Yesterday was back attack - thank you Pantera for getting me through my deadlifts!!

One arm barbell rows - elbows high - 2 warm ups - 100x8, 110x8, 120x8, 125x8 - felt really good

low rows - 80x8, 90x8, 100x8, 110x8
ss
one arm lat pulldowns - 25x8 30x8, 40x8, 40x8

trap bar deads - 135x5, 155x5, 165x5, 170x5, 185x5 - these are exhausting!

banded hypers with red bands then added 5lbs each side - 2 sets to failure - which was about 20

then I hit the stairmill for 20 minutes. Got the kids out of daycare and hustled to football - ate my meal 5 at stop lights on the way - shhhh I know I know - multi tasking while driving is bad bad but I was so hungry I wasn't feeling good and I knew the minute I got to football I would be leading a run and cals - sooooo dinner at red lights it was.

Football practice - 2.5 hours - exhausting - lead a run then the cals then took the kids through conditioning drills then taught 3 point stances to the 6&7 yr olds. It was awesome. Dealt with a sprained wrist - which being a first responder I know get all the injuries. It gives me good practice for the job I want to do as an Athletic Trainer so I was excited to be able to help. I let all the coaches know that I wouldn't be able to head coach this year and would help out where I could, but that school is way too intense right now to be able to coach, raise kids, get ready for show, full time classes, 20 hour clinical rotation - keep my marriage happy and healthy and not have a nervous breakdown. My husband was so relieved I decided to give it up. God bless that man - I told him I was coaching and he just let it be - but I know he was not too happy about the stress it would cause so I am glad I was able to make a good decision for us all. Now I will sit on the sidelines and help where needed and tend to the injuries - meanwhile I will study my butt off while I am not needed. August is a tough month - football goes M-F 6-8pm - by the time we get home showered eat its so late - I look forward to September when we only do 3 days per week.

Fasted cardio done today - have ART at 10am - gym later to do abs, calves, inner thigh work and my all time favorite HITT lol... I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

sweetchks
08-03-2012, 07:11 AM
Good Morning world...

Yesterday was a non-lifting day so I did my 1 hour of Liss and went to the gym and did 15 hitt intervals. Wanted to do more but the day got away from me. Decided to take kids out of football - tough decision as they have done it for 2 years but now that I am learning more and more about what it does to young kids bodies I started getting nervous. My son was devasted and totally mad at me but will look for alternatives that he can enjoy - man do I feel crappy. I know I am doing what's right but my heart is heavy for his broken little heart. Luckily kids recover and move on quickly :)

Today I did my fasted cardio outside - it was a beauty of a morning and I took the new puppy to get exercise for 40 minutes. I have another 20 minutes of liss, chest and shoulders and another 15 interval hitt session to get done today plus a little work and studying for my huge exam on Monday - sweet baby Jesus - help me Oprah - it's gonna be a doozy.

I'll post workout later...

sweetchks
08-03-2012, 07:16 AM
Don't get me wrong in that moment when I am eating that lovely once a week refeed I get where I take in only carbs I am in a moment of mindless bliss. And then.......... for the next few days the refeed bites back and what I mean is...

I gain weight - which makes me a little nutty
I am starving to a level I never knew was possible and no amount of water can make it stop
I continue to gain for a few days even though I am busting my ass and had a protein veggie day right after
I lose weight the day after a refeed only to see it come back plus a bit the following few days

I try not to get discouraged - I mean seriously it's just food - it's just 1lb - why am I so emotional over it. I think I just want so badly to see that number drop and get to where I want to be that I see the refeed as a set back instead of a necessary for my body to continue to do what it has to do for me.

Time to change the mindset - refeed has to equal healthy, needed, positive for my body and mind. I wonder how many other people have a hard time with their refeeds?

bushmaster
08-03-2012, 07:32 AM
We all do! You see me struggle with the scale as well. Embrace the change in the mirror more. The extra vascularity from the refeed should make up for the scale.

sweetchks
08-03-2012, 07:39 AM
We all do! You see me struggle with the scale as well. Embrace the change in the mirror more. The extra vascularity from the refeed should make up for the scale.

Thanks awesome husband of mine!! You are 100% right - it is a struggle and with time I will learn to take all emotion out of it and see it as a part of the job of contest prep and a necessary component to make good changes in my body.

bushmaster
08-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Pic I took of your back. Looking freaky!!

The Prodigy
08-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Holy hungry batman..... Protein veggie day yesterday plus back plus football = I could eat my car. I keep telling myself right now that hunger is good - losing will come. I upped my water to 2 gallons a day to try and keep something in my belly so I don't roll up to the fridge and eat it haha... although at this point I am pretty focused on the end goal so I don't think would happen but the thought does move across my mind for a brief moment or two - human right.

Yesterday was back attack - thank you Pantera for getting me through my deadlifts!!

One arm barbell rows - elbows high - 2 warm ups - 100x8, 110x8, 120x8, 125x8 - felt really good

low rows - 80x8, 90x8, 100x8, 110x8
ss
one arm lat pulldowns - 25x8 30x8, 40x8, 40x8

trap bar deads - 135x5, 155x5, 165x5, 170x5, 185x5 - these are exhausting!

banded hypers with red bands then added 5lbs each side - 2 sets to failure - which was about 20

then I hit the stairmill for 20 minutes. Got the kids out of daycare and hustled to football - ate my meal 5 at stop lights on the way - shhhh I know I know - multi tasking while driving is bad bad but I was so hungry I wasn't feeling good and I knew the minute I got to football I would be leading a run and cals - sooooo dinner at red lights it was.

Football practice - 2.5 hours - exhausting - lead a run then the cals then took the kids through conditioning drills then taught 3 point stances to the 6&7 yr olds. It was awesome. Dealt with a sprained wrist - which being a first responder I know get all the injuries. It gives me good practice for the job I want to do as an Athletic Trainer so I was excited to be able to help. I let all the coaches know that I wouldn't be able to head coach this year and would help out where I could, but that school is way too intense right now to be able to coach, raise kids, get ready for show, full time classes, 20 hour clinical rotation - keep my marriage happy and healthy and not have a nervous breakdown. My husband was so relieved I decided to give it up. God bless that man - I told him I was coaching and he just let it be - but I know he was not too happy about the stress it would cause so I am glad I was able to make a good decision for us all. Now I will sit on the sidelines and help where needed and tend to the injuries - meanwhile I will study my butt off while I am not needed. August is a tough month - football goes M-F 6-8pm - by the time we get home showered eat its so late - I look forward to September when we only do 3 days per week.

Fasted cardio done today - have ART at 10am - gym later to do abs, calves, inner thigh work and my all time favorite HITT lol... I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

WOW! You teach football?? I am impressed!

sweetchks
08-04-2012, 11:29 AM

Awww thanks for posting that!! Now - to get the front of me as freaky as the back of me lol...

lastson
08-04-2012, 11:35 AM

Nice back shot...

Last

sweetchks
08-04-2012, 11:42 AM
The hunger continues... ever since that refeed my hunger is crazy - I guess that's a good thing since I finally wootwoot hit the 140s granted it's 149.5 but I'll take it :) considering last Saturday I was at 153.5 - I'd say not too bad at all. Got all my cardio done yesterday and then it was chest and shoulders again - hit them twice a week right now - may have to back it down in a bit - we will see. Going hard on this keto depletion as long as I can. Here's how the workout went:

Machine press on incline hammer - 2 warm ups, 12x90, 12x90, 10x90, 8x90 - pooped out!

Pec deck - flexed on every rep 45x20, 45x20, 50x20

dumber bent over laterals - 1 warm up with 15s, 20x30, 20x30, 20x30

spider crawls with band nice and wide - up and down 3 times x 3 sets

quick and painful just like todays arm workout.....

Did abs afterward - 3 sets of:
side rotations with 40lb on cable machine
captains chair knee lifts holding a 10lb db between feet
cable crunch with arms overhead using a rope and 20lbs

Slept in today - so bad - no fasted cardio - felt good because I was up late studying for my exam on monday which is going to be the end of me argh!

Got to gym at 8 and busted out a crazy arm workout:

Superset 1

V-bar pushdows - 2 warms ups, 30x15, 35x15, 40x12, 35x15, 35x13
ss
dumbell curls - 2 warm ups, 20x8(3 sec descent) then 10x6 - times 5 rounds

Superset 2

reverse gripp pushdown - 35x15, 35x15, 40x13, 40x13, 35x15
ss
bb curls - 40x8(3sec descent) then 30x8 - times 5 rounds

EZ bar preacher curl (1 min rest between sets) - 30x8 times 4 sets

smith machine close grip tricep press using bands - 30x8, 30x8, 30x7, 30x7

Then I did 40 minutes on stairmill and 20 on elliptical - nap time lol

Gonna take the kidos to either the beach or the pool today since it is boiling hot out - hope everyone has a great day!

sweetchks
08-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Nice back shot...

Last

Thanks - coming along - trying to be the turtle lol slow and steady progress - 12wks to go lots to do :)

sweetchks
08-04-2012, 11:45 AM
WOW! You teach football?? I am impressed!

Thank you - yes the only woman coach in my whole area... the guys hate it lol. My team - the only team - went undefeated last season ;) grrrrrril power haha. Hope things are going well for you!

sweetchks
08-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Holy cow... 2.5 hours of sleep just aint enough.... another huge exam this am and another night of studying til smoke comes out of my ears. No fasted cardio this am - too exhausted and too much to study. Yesterday - I went to the gym and did an 8 am spin class then hopped on stairmill for 10 minutes then did on the elliptical 15 hitt intervals - took kids to beach then hit the books. Down another 3lbs!!! yahoo!!! Making progress - hit the 140s like I set out to do. Diet coach is happy with the changes and added another 10 minutes to my Liss - so now I am up to 70 minutes good times... but on the happy side - no food was taken away :)

Today was refeed - love and hate it - abs are starting to come in nicely and when I took in the 75g of carbs veins were popping which was really exciting. Refeed was:

40g banana
130g sweet potato
45g oats
1 cup veg
1tsp mac nut oil

nom nom nom!!

Then legs - Creeping death week 5 - 17 sets

seated leg curls - 3 warm ups - 4 sets of 8 full reps and 15 partials at the top - used 180lb

frog stance leg press - pyramid up until I couldn't get my 12 reps - did 5 sets - 90x12, 140x12, 160x12, 180x12, 200x12

Squats - went super light and lots of reps to protect my knee that has been sore lately - 95x20 for 4 sets
ss
leg press - 200x15, 200x15, 200x15, 200x15

db stiff leg deads - 55lb db x10 reps x 3 sets

then hit 40 minutes on stairmill - dead and done!!

Now for my last meal and my bed - I am short 30 minutes of cardio today - sucks - just couldn't get it in - but I can't have it happen again. All the other girls that I will compete against are getting it done. Tomorrow up at 4 so I can get it in. Thanks for following along and goodnight :)

hotchickjulie
08-07-2012, 03:04 PM

Very nice!

sweetchks
08-12-2012, 08:27 AM
Hi All...

Sometimes you just gotta step away for a moment to gather and redefine priorities.... Sorry I have been missing :( I started a very intense internship with a D1 school in their sports medicine department along with still taking classes and kiddos and training.... well... journal got shelved but I realize that this is a hugely valuable tool and had to come back. I don't know if it helps anyone what I write but I know that it definitely helps me sort things out and stay focused. Don't know how in depth my entries will be but I will keep trying to document everything I can.

So I looked at the first page first entry I made on 7/19 and realized that as of today when I stepped on the scale I have lost 10lbs :) This is the best I have ever felt about actually being able to make it on stage and feel like I belong there. I was a fat kid my whole life - like the one everyone picked on - and so for me I still am in a way and that is how I see myself often. I have tried since 2009 to get on stage and balked at about 4 weeks out due to me not feeling like I am ready - so this feeling of wow it's actually happening is huge. I should post a pic of myself from January of this year I weighed in at 185... today 144... I did try to do a show in June and got down to 137 but really was not happy with how I looked and I got sick and blah blah excuses but I feel like at 144 I look better than at 137 weird. So I gained back to 160 between June and July - ya my body loves to gain it and hates to lose it lol.... I beat myself up about it for a while but I feel like it might have been the best decision I made because my body transformed after that. It's a struggle everyday - I am really hungry lately so I pep talk myself into coffee instead of the contents of my fridge lol...

Workouts have been great lately but I feel like in order to get these legs to respond I am going to have to change up some things. Higher reps different routines all that stuff and start changing up my cardio more - so I am on a quest to try and put together a program for that.

I am struggling like hell on posing and absolutely terrified about the routine for physique - if anyone knows of a good coach for those two please pretty please share - I am out of Massachusetts and really could use some help and guidance.

drove 12 hours yesterday to buy a 1/4 cow - nothing beats grassfed beef but it has jacked up my sleeping and eating so I am trying to get my arms around it and refocus. Today 40 min liss,, 15 min hitt arms, abs tan, homework, groceries, tax free weekend (YAHOO), lots and lots todo - maybe I will take a nap first bahahaha.....

My husband is also a bodybuilder - how many of you live in a 2 bodybuilder household - ha they should add that to the census since we are a different species than the rest in our habits and consumption... random thought lol. His show is 9 weeks away and because his body has transformed so much - this prep in not what he is used to and he seems to be struggling a bit with seeing the final product and how it will come together. All I can do is support and encourage - but I feel so helpless when he gets so down on himself.... funny thing is that I have been there - watched him succeed while I failed time and again and I can understand the frustration. Just thinking out loud because I had no where else to put these thoughts. Crazy though is that in the end he always gets there and makes it happen and looks crazy good - finding our way one day at a time I suppose.

That's it for now - hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!!

lastson
08-13-2012, 07:23 AM
Wow you've got a lot going on... Moms never get enough respect, they do so much more than everyone (even themselves) realize.

I have a ton of respect for you, to be able to keep up with the kids, school and keep progressing towards your show... And on top of that you have to keep Bush inline... Most would have found an excuse somewhere....

Keep pushing

Last

hotchickjulie
08-13-2012, 11:26 AM
Wow you've got a lot going on... Moms never get enough respect, they do so much more than everyone (even themselves) realize.

I have a ton of respect for you, to be able to keep up with the kids, school and keep progressing towards your show... And on top of that you have to keep Bush inline... Most would have found an excuse somewhere....

Keep pushing

Last

Amen to this ^^^^ ! :)

PFEPerformance
08-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Don't get me wrong in that moment when I am eating that lovely once a week refeed I get where I take in only carbs I am in a moment of mindless bliss. And then.......... for the next few days the refeed bites back and what I mean is...

I gain weight - which makes me a little nutty
I am starving to a level I never knew was possible and no amount of water can make it stop
I continue to gain for a few days even though I am busting my ass and had a protein veggie day right after
I lose weight the day after a refeed only to see it come back plus a bit the following few days

I try not to get discouraged - I mean seriously it's just food - it's just 1lb - why am I so emotional over it. I think I just want so badly to see that number drop and get to where I want to be that I see the refeed as a set back instead of a necessary for my body to continue to do what it has to do for me.

Time to change the mindset - refeed has to equal healthy, needed, positive for my body and mind. I wonder how many other people have a hard time with their refeeds?

I did at one time - it is a mind $*)@#$ - At first ! RELAX and ENJOY it! It is completely NORMAL for me to weigh in less on Sunday AFTER a re-feed (de-hydrated some) and then on Monday - take a 1.2.even 3 lb jump.......... still - RELAX!! Look at it from the stand point that it is a pretty solid indicator that your re-feed is doing its job!!!! The carbs take a lot of extra water to process - ie - scale goes up. By around Wednesday - you may even realize you are making more potty trips than say Mon-Tuesday..... VERY good sign!! That HUNGER kickin up - is a MENTAL HIGH FIVE for ya!! Means your metabolism has lit the burners!!! By the morning of your next re-feed - you should be at a lower number than where you started your previous one - IF SO- JOB WELL DONE!!!

I know it's hard and it's such a mental battle with ourselves at times! TRUST it! Also trust that if something isn't going as planned or needs tweaked - you have the team in place to make adjustments accordingly! So - it's all good!!

The scale can be a huge mental barrier - don't let it be your guage!!!!! How do your clothes fit, how do you look in the mirror, how is your strength, and pay MORE attention to your BF%. Too many things can play variables with the scale number that quite frankly when I'm in cut/prep mode - there are days-weeks I AVOID it completely and only go on what I've listed above - because I know if I'm not in the right place mentally - that sucker is going to be floating in the pool or laying in a million pieces under my car tire!!!

Keep rockin it girl - your body is responding EXACTLY the way most of ours do and should be!!

sweetchks
08-14-2012, 04:42 AM

Keep pushing

Last

THanks for the encouraging words Last - sometimes it gets a bit daunting and I feel like how the shit am I going to get all this cardio done.... but other people make it happen and so must I. Bush and I work out together so if you still want to check out what we are doing for workouts you can look here :)

sweetchks
08-14-2012, 04:46 AM
I did at one time - it is a mind $*)@#$ - At first ! RELAX and ENJOY it! It is completely NORMAL for me to weigh in less on Sunday AFTER a re-feed (de-hydrated some) and then on Monday - take a 1.2.even 3 lb jump.......... still - RELAX!! Look at it from the stand point that it is a pretty solid indicator that your re-feed is doing its job!!!! The carbs take a lot of extra water to process - ie - scale goes up. By around Wednesday - you may even realize you are making more potty trips than say Mon-Tuesday..... VERY good sign!! That HUNGER kickin up - is a MENTAL HIGH FIVE for ya!! Means your metabolism has lit the burners!!! By the morning of your next re-feed - you should be at a lower number than where you started your previous one - IF SO- JOB WELL DONE!!!

I know it's hard and it's such a mental battle with ourselves at times! TRUST it! Also trust that if something isn't going as planned or needs tweaked - you have the team in place to make adjustments accordingly! So - it's all good!!

The scale can be a huge mental barrier - don't let it be your guage!!!!! How do your clothes fit, how do you look in the mirror, how is your strength, and pay MORE attention to your BF%. Too many things can play variables with the scale number that quite frankly when I'm in cut/prep mode - there are days-weeks I AVOID it completely and only go on what I've listed above - because I know if I'm not in the right place mentally - that sucker is going to be floating in the pool or laying in a million pieces under my car tire!!!

Keep rockin it girl - your body is responding EXACTLY the way most of ours do and should be!!

WOW!! Can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to write that for me. It is a mental game and it won't be one I lose this time and thanks to everyone's support I gather strength to chin up and progress forward. The scale can be a happy killer for sure but you are right as long as there are changes then I am on track. I am fortunate to have a great team - my diet coach is outstanding and very supportive and my husband - well he is everything and without him there is no way I could be as successful at this as I am. Gonna continue to trust in the process and see where I and up in 10 weeks :)

PFEPerformance
08-15-2012, 02:54 PM
You are VERY welcome!!! Sometimes it's good to just "hear" it from someone else who has or does respond exactly the same way and to know - all is well and NORMAL! lol We ladies NEED that mental edge to KNOW we are on track and avoid the second guessing crap we put ourselves through!

Doing awesome girl - YOU GOT THIS!!! Keep up the great work!!

Sunnyday
08-15-2012, 02:57 PM
You are VERY welcome!!! Sometimes it's good to just "hear" it from someone else who has or does respond exactly the same way and to know - all is well and NORMAL! lol We ladies NEED that mental edge to KNOW we are on track and avoid the second guessing crap we put ourselves through!

^Well said! x2!

bushmaster
08-15-2012, 03:06 PM

We all second guess ourselves.

curvygirl
08-15-2012, 05:02 PM
My husband is also a bodybuilder - how many of you live in a 2 bodybuilder household - ha they should add that to the census since we are a different species than the rest in our habits and consumption...

Hiya fellow Iron Sister of Physique! I finally got a chance to read through your journal and can relate to several things you talk about. The most prominent being I just moved in with my Bossman…who is also my love, my coach, my training partner and a fellow bodybuilder! Boy, the next time we prep together it is going to be a real challenge and adventure! Yet, I am looking forward to it, because I have someone who I can truly relate too. I feel blessed and fortunate to have his eyes on me and the solid support of someone who completely understands all that I will go through to get stage ready again. And vice versa for him.

Right now I am having a love/hate off season with my body! Ugh to the weight gain! Had to pack away my super cool Guess jeans :( BUT I am making some serious strength gains…putting some muscle on…I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to prepping again…cause I miss my freakiness…speaking of which Wow wow wow! That is a freaky cool back!

Keep on killing it! You are definitely on your way!
I am following along now and cheering you on!
Peace!

hotchickjulie
08-17-2012, 11:13 AM
WOW!! Can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to write that for me. It is a mental game and it won't be one I lose this time and thanks to everyone's support I gather strength to chin up and progress forward. The scale can be a happy killer for sure but you are right as long as there are changes then I am on track. I am fortunate to have a great team - my diet coach is outstanding and very supportive and my husband - well he is everything and without him there is no way I could be as successful at this as I am. Gonna continue to trust in the process and see where I and up in 10 weeks :)

It's definitely a team! I can do this on my own BUT, I'm more successful having a good soul mate next to me every step of the way. :)

Chapter 2
08-17-2012, 01:46 PM
Any leg shots?

sweetchks
08-19-2012, 02:11 PM

So true about needing to know I am on track - I question it everyday - it can be a bit tough... but the transformation is pretty damn cool! Really appreciate the kind words - they help immensely!

sweetchks
08-19-2012, 02:13 PM
Hiya fellow Iron Sister of Physique! I finally got a chance to read through your journal and can relate to several things you talk about. The most prominent being I just moved in with my Bossman…who is also my love, my coach, my training partner and a fellow bodybuilder! Boy, the next time we prep together it is going to be a real challenge and adventure! Yet, I am looking forward to it, because I have someone who I can truly relate too. I feel blessed and fortunate to have his eyes on me and the solid support of someone who completely understands all that I will go through to get stage ready again. And vice versa for him.

Right now I am having a love/hate off season with my body! Ugh to the weight gain! Had to pack away my super cool Guess jeans :( BUT I am making some serious strength gains…putting some muscle on…I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to prepping again…cause I miss my freakiness…speaking of which Wow wow wow! That is a freaky cool back!

Keep on killing it! You are definitely on your way!
I am following along now and cheering you on!
Peace!

Thank you thank you - so nice to know that there are others that fully understand me :) I can appreciate the struggle with off season - mine have been tough on me and at a certain point I have thrown my hands up and been like well damn I'm a fatty right now so bad lol.. Putting on muscle and beasting the gym is great because during prep it is humbling how small and weak I feel. I am excited to follow along and see where you are headed as well. My back is always the first thing to come in - the last and my biggest struggle are my legs - but they are finally starting to cooperate. THanks for the encouragement!

sweetchks
08-19-2012, 02:15 PM
It's definitely a team! I can do this on my own BUT, I'm more successful having a good soul mate next to me every step of the way. :)

AMEN!!!! Especially on those days where I am starving and an hour on the stairmill seems like it will kill me - having people in your corner helps to remind you why and to stay with it when you aren't feeling like it at all.

sweetchks
08-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Any leg shots?

None yet - but I will get some up next week - how's that?? My legs are the last thing to come in for me - my back is first then abs then legs - it's my Cuban genetics lol..

sweetchks
08-19-2012, 02:27 PM
WOW - where did this week go? It was definitely a doozie for me. Lost my step dad on Wednesday - lost my mind on Monday... 3 handfuls of captn crunch berries deep I came to and realized I was screwing myself. Still managed a 2lb loss this week which is great because last week was 5.5 and I felt it for sure. I am now at 142 - 5lbs away from the lowest I have ever weighed and that makes me smile. I am thinking I will need to lose another 15lbs at least - 10 weeks - gonna be tight but doable. I have changed my permanent address to the stairmill at my gym. Everyone jokes that my name is now on the side of it because I am always on it. Something has to make these stubborn legs realize that I am the boss lol.

Still doing John Meadows "creeping Death" program with my husband - except he does a 2nd back day and I do a 2nd leg day that is all circuit plyo vomit awesomness. My butt cheeks and my hips are freakin killing me. The depletion comes quicker because if that too. Still not doing any HITT - thank you sweet baby Jesus!!!

I am going to do my best to be better about logging my workouts this week since my husband isn't on his log and we have been killing some good sessions lately. Life keeps me so damn busy that by the time I sit down it's late and I'm ready for sleep. Last week of summer classes coming up - 1 huge practical exam and the one huge final - then a 13 day break and back to school for Fall semester. Damn I wish I had done this when I was in my 20s - being 38 with kids and trying to keep up is not easy wahwahwah. Can't complain though it is an opportunity that soe people never get so I am trying like hell to make the most of it - keep my 4.0 and beast that stage on October 27th.

Told my kids at the breakfast table yesterday that after my show I planned to get chocolate wasted and they looked at me like I had 3 heads then laughed - I think as long as the chocolate wasted involves them they are in. It's pretty cool that they are invovled in this - come to shows - understand cardio, lifting, protein and dieting... I hope that they grow up in a healthier mindset than I did. My parents had no clue at all - bread and butter and rice and potato and chips and fried things.... I have had to work really hard to unlearn some pretty shitty habits.. Trying to be the example.

Love this life though as much as it pains me at times and frustrates me - I wouldn't trade it :)

juiceinator3000
08-29-2012, 12:27 PM
More posting from you. Expecting the leg pics that were supposed to be posted by last week today. :)

The Prodigy
08-29-2012, 12:31 PM
WOW - where did this week go? It was definitely a doozie for me. Lost my step dad on Wednesday - lost my mind on Monday... 3 handfuls of captn crunch berries deep I came to and realized I was screwing myself. Still managed a 2lb loss this week which is great because last week was 5.5 and I felt it for sure. I am now at 142 - 5lbs away from the lowest I have ever weighed and that makes me smile. I am thinking I will need to lose another 15lbs at least - 10 weeks - gonna be tight but doable. I have changed my permanent address to the stairmill at my gym. Everyone jokes that my name is now on the side of it because I am always on it. Something has to make these stubborn legs realize that I am the boss lol.

Still doing John Meadows "creeping Death" program with my husband - except he does a 2nd back day and I do a 2nd leg day that is all circuit plyo vomit awesomness. My butt cheeks and my hips are freakin killing me. The depletion comes quicker because if that too. Still not doing any HITT - thank you sweet baby Jesus!!!

I am going to do my best to be better about logging my workouts this week since my husband isn't on his log and we have been killing some good sessions lately. Life keeps me so damn busy that by the time I sit down it's late and I'm ready for sleep. Last week of summer classes coming up - 1 huge practical exam and the one huge final - then a 13 day break and back to school for Fall semester. Damn I wish I had done this when I was in my 20s - being 38 with kids and trying to keep up is not easy wahwahwah. Can't complain though it is an opportunity that soe people never get so I am trying like hell to make the most of it - keep my 4.0 and beast that stage on October 27th.

Told my kids at the breakfast table yesterday that after my show I planned to get chocolate wasted and they looked at me like I had 3 heads then laughed - I think as long as the chocolate wasted involves them they are in. It's pretty cool that they are invovled in this - come to shows - understand cardio, lifting, protein and dieting... I hope that they grow up in a healthier mindset than I did. My parents had no clue at all - bread and butter and rice and potato and chips and fried things.... I have had to work really hard to unlearn some pretty shitty habits.. Trying to be the example.

Love this life though as much as it pains me at times and frustrates me - I wouldn't trade it :)

chocolate wasted! LOVE it!

PFEPerformance
08-30-2012, 01:20 PM
chocolate wasted! LOVE it!
X 2 !! LOVE IT!

I'm 8 weeks out - kid you not, my cousin stopped over yesterday and had picked up to Buckeyes that had fallen off our tree........... my mind went IMMEDIATELY to OMG - Peanut Butter and Choc - BUCKEYES!! Not sure if anyone else will understand that if you're not familiar with OHIO?? Funny how the brain seems to be in CONSTANT food review when in prep mode! LOL

Sorry about your loss! Keep on hitting it girl - doing great!!

lastson
08-31-2012, 05:43 AM
More posting from you. Expecting the leg pics that were supposed to be posted by last week today. :)

2x

How's everything going ?
Shows getting close...