PDA

View Full Version : Europa Show of Champions Strongman

Skeptic
04-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Is there anyone who can keep us posted on Robert's Europa weekend?

SUMO
04-17-2009, 05:35 PM
I too would like to be kept up to date. Unfortunately, I'll be at a strongman contest in Maine.
Call me, Robert :D

SUMO
04-17-2009, 07:24 PM
Who am I kidding? He'll never call me.
However, just want to wish you the best tomorrow. Fucking destroy that shit!

buster12
04-18-2009, 02:28 AM
I wassa gonna go. But 3 hours is too much of a hassle for my exciting, exotic social life.

Sistersteel
04-18-2009, 02:40 AM
Ohhh I hope someone can keep us updated! I would love to know how things are going!

GirlyMuscle
04-18-2009, 02:55 AM
I'll find out. I have GX and MG65 in my phone. They'll text me.

Sledge
04-18-2009, 03:12 AM
cool, keep us posted

GameofInches
04-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Elliot Hulse took the win for the LW Pro Card. I don't know how Rob did.

Ninja Loco
04-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Elliot Hulse took the win for the LW Pro Card. I don't know how Rob did.
Damn. Just damn. We were really pulling for him over at RR. That's ok, we'll get him a hooker or something.

GameofInches
04-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Damn. Just damn. We were really pulling for him over at RR. That's ok, we'll get him a hooker or something.

I was certainly pulling for him as well. But there were a lot of many top class competitors at this comp so it was going to be a dog fight for the winner. I know Rob already has another comp lined up, so he will be back to fight another day

Ninja Loco
04-18-2009, 03:12 PM
I was certainly pulling for him as well. But there were a lot of many top class competitors at this comp so it was going to be a dog fight for the winner. I know Rob already has another comp lined up, so he will be back to fight another day
Fukin A. Only death should ever keep you down. He's a warrior.

SallyAnne
04-18-2009, 03:59 PM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j132/the-short-one/DSC_0272.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j132/the-short-one/DSC_0295.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j132/the-short-one/DSC_0296.jpg

SUMO
04-18-2009, 06:35 PM
Sorry to hear about this. You let me know when the next show is and I'll show up and break everyone's knees!

buckimscl
04-19-2009, 07:03 AM
Got a text from MG this morning but no update she left her phone @ Rob's !!! She does have a new appreciation for strongmen comps though. :)

robert da strongman
04-19-2009, 08:53 AM
thanks guys

it was well horrible.
i made weight at 229 fully clothed, 226 buck nekkid.
went out after ate and enjoyed a relaxing night at epcot with mg and rich.
i think i just psyched myself out though. i knew the best guys were there so i just wanted prs. the yoke crushed me. and in the process my back was tweaked. the farmers was a pr...but i kept twisting, which didnt help me. the log was terrible. i could not get the clean. and the back cramped more. i thought about quitting at that point...
deadlift medley was next. i decided there was no quitting. did the frame..the pic above...700 4 times...tried the axle but my back wasnt having it. went to attempt the stone and was nothing there i could lap it but not go any higher.
the back is sore as fuck today. somewhere in the middle my spine hurts. feels like it needs to be popped.
disappointed? yes..but i learned some stuff. the diet took a lot out of me, i need a proper yoke, and being fat aint so bad. i confirmed my diet theory when i got back i weighed myself...231. this was after eating for over 24 hours. if i re-fed right i should have been 235-240.
again i learned a lot...

robert da strongman
04-19-2009, 08:54 AM
give props to Ryan Bracewell...he took 2nd in the heavies

Sledge
04-19-2009, 09:07 AM
Awesome effort Rob. Just goes to show it's just as much mental as physical. I wish I could have been there to cheer you on and I know GM is shattered she couldn't attend.
Great to hear you got a heap of positives out of it too. Next comp more PBs and on to the pro's.

robert da strongman
04-19-2009, 09:24 AM
thanks Sledge!

buckimscl
04-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Bro, I've got to echo Sledge's comments. You made the effort which is a lot more than most people do. Good job and wish I could have been there with MG and Rich to pull for you. Good job!

GirlyMuscle
04-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Robert, I am so sorry I wasn't there this weekend. Also, sorry to hear about your back. Great on the PRs and following through on your plans. That alone is impressive. So when's the next comp?

tjoe
04-19-2009, 11:09 AM
Failing is OK, quitting is not! (I read that somehwere)
Sorry bro. now you know what needs work, so rest up and then get to it!!

Ninja Loco
04-19-2009, 11:21 AM
thanks guys

it was well horrible.
.... the yoke crushed me. and in the process my back was tweaked. the farmers was a pr...but i kept twisting, which didnt help me. the log was terrible. i could not get the clean. and the back cramped more. i thought about quitting at that point...
deadlift medley was next. i decided there was no quitting. did the frame..the pic above...700 4 times...tried the axle but my back wasnt having it. went to attempt the stone and was nothing there i could lap it but not go any higher.
the back is sore as fuck today. somewhere in the middle my spine hurts. feels like it needs to be popped.
disappointed? yes..but i learned some stuff. ..
You didnt "decide" anything brother....... Had there been even one iota of quit in you, you would have taken it, and you didnt. That's because you have none. You are a warrior because not even the prspect of death took you. I am honored to know you.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj36/Ninja_Loco/JLCA96I9XSCA8FOQF7CA09WSMCCARI23UYC.jpg

Ryan Bracewell
04-19-2009, 03:41 PM
good job robert. This was a heavy show for both weightclasses. Rest up and start training for the next show.

SUMO
04-19-2009, 06:08 PM
thanks guys

it was well horrible.
i made weight at 229 fully clothed, 226 buck nekkid.
went out after ate and enjoyed a relaxing night at epcot with mg and rich.
i think i just psyched myself out though. i knew the best guys were there so i just wanted prs. the yoke crushed me. and in the process my back was tweaked. the farmers was a pr...but i kept twisting, which didnt help me. the log was terrible. i could not get the clean. and the back cramped more. i thought about quitting at that point...
disappointed? yes..but i learned some stuff. the diet took a lot out of me, i need a proper yoke, and being fat aint so bad. i confirmed my diet theory when i got back i weighed myself...231. this was after eating for over 24 hours. if i re-fed right i should have been 235-240.
again i learned a lot...
Only you would decide to, after making weight fully clothed, weigh in naked, too. What do they call those people..exhibitionists? lol
No matter what happened and how you placed, just know that you're still an incredible inspiration to me, and I'm sure many others.

SUMO
04-19-2009, 06:09 PM
good job robert. This was a heavy show for both weightclasses. Rest up and start training for the next show.
Congrats to you, also, Ryan. I'm sure it's gotta be a heartbreaker to have been so close, but next time will definitely be yours.

Skeptic
04-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Loony bastard. :D

thepump
04-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Sorry we weren't able to get more videos and pictures, we only had one camera and not a lot of space for videos. This is the best that we have.

g4R2966C8TI&feature

thepump
04-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Check out the gallery later this week for some of the strongman and powerlifting pics. I'm having some problems posting them.

robert da strongman
04-20-2009, 11:49 AM

it was heavy!
nice work Ryan.

6 weeks

robert da strongman
04-20-2009, 03:42 PM
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showpost.php?p=196971&postcount=109
pics posted here

robert da strongman
04-20-2009, 04:21 PM
You didnt "decide" anything brother....... Had there been even one iota of quit in you, you would have taken it, and you didnt. That's because you have none. You are a warrior because not even the prspect of death took you. I am honored to know you.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj36/Ninja_Loco/JLCA96I9XSCA8FOQF7CA09WSMCCARI23UYC.jpg

thanks
a bow in return

http://media.merchantcircle.com/9372124/Bow_medium.jpeg

GameofInches
04-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Does anyone have a video of Travis Ortmayer's WR stone load.

robert da strongman
04-21-2009, 08:24 PM
Does anyone have a video of Travis Ortmayer's WR stone load.

it was friday night
check the ASC site

Ryan Bracewell
04-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Found this on the ASC site. In the HW division it was 800lb rickshaw(seen in Robs pick) for 4 reps, 650lb axle bar for 3 reps, and 700lb barbell for 2 reps(show in pick). Completed the this event in 39.15 seconds.

http://www.americanstrongman.com/photos/resize400.asp?path=D:%5CInetpub%5Cwwwroot%5Cameric anstrongman.org%5Chtml%5Cimages%5Cgallery%5CBracew ell%20orlando.jpg

robert da strongman
04-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Found this on the ASC site. In the HW division it was 800lb rickshaw(seen in Robs pick) for 4 reps, 650lb axle bar for 3 reps, and 700lb barbell for 2 reps(show in pick). Completed the this event in 39.15 seconds.

http://www.americanstrongman.com/photos/resize400.asp?path=D:%5CInetpub%5Cwwwroot%5Cameric anstrongman.org%5Chtml%5Cimages%5Cgallery%5CBracew ell%20orlando.jpg

sick!!
i was sitting behind dione in the crowd...

i am surprised the rickshaw lasted as long as it did.

musclegoddess65
04-24-2009, 05:24 PM
We all go into any contest or event we've trained for hoping for the best and while i'm sure Rob's day did not go as he had planned, to see what goes on is nothing short of amazing.

I did forget my damn phone back at Rob's so I felt lost all day... but I am sure I texted Bucki and others... BBing isn't an easy sport either but for BBer's its all in what we do in the weeks leading up to the contest... contest day, you get up there and show off the physique you've worked weeks sculpting....

But OMG strongman.... WOW.... a week later and I am STILL at a loss for words..
to watch what Rob and others put themselves through that day... in strongman its not only the weeks of training you put in before hand, its also what you do that day... these guys are not just getting up there going thru some quarter turns, flexing a muscle or two (not that this isn't in and of itself hard) but these guys are carrying extraordinary amounts of weight on their backs, lifting it over head, carrying it 60' and back, lifting a stone over a bar...

since I had very little voice that day, I couldn't say much... and honestly like I said, a week later and I"m still in awe.... and being a PRO qualifer meant the weights, even for the lightweight guys was still heavy... I mean doing farmers walks with 350 in EACH hand...

I can't wait to see the next event!!!! and you can believe when I'm flipping thru channels and see it on TV there will be a whole new respect for what these guys do!

I'm thinking of making a transition... hell with posing suits, pro tan, posing routine and music.... give me some chalk and tacky stuff ;)

SUMO
04-24-2009, 05:53 PM
We all go into any contest or event we've trained for hoping for the best and while i'm sure Rob's day did not go as he had planned, to see what goes on is nothing short of amazing.

I did forget my damn phone back at Rob's so I felt lost all day... but I am sure I texted Bucki and others... BBing isn't an easy sport either but for BBer's its all in what we do in the weeks leading up to the contest... contest day, you get up there and show off the physique you've worked weeks sculpting....

But OMG strongman.... WOW.... a week later and I am STILL at a loss for words..
to watch what Rob and others put themselves through that day... in strongman its not only the weeks of training you put in before hand, its also what you do that day... these guys are not just getting up there going thru some quarter turns, flexing a muscle or two (not that this isn't in and of itself hard) but these guys are carrying extraordinary amounts of weight on their backs, lifting it over head, carrying it 60' and back, lifting a stone over a bar...

since I had very little voice that day, I couldn't say much... and honestly like I said, a week later and I"m still in awe.... and being a PRO qualifer meant the weights, even for the lightweight guys was still heavy... I mean doing farmers walks with 350 in EACH hand...

I can't wait to see the next event!!!! and you can believe when I'm flipping thru channels and see it on TV there will be a whole new respect for what these guys do!

I'm thinking of making a transition... hell with posing suits, pro tan, posing routine and music.... give me some chalk and tacky stuff ;)
Now that's my kinda woman right there^

Ryan Bracewell
04-24-2009, 06:04 PM
I finally got my contest footage loaded late last night.

Yoke/Barrel medley = 5th - damn barrel really screwed me.
Farmers walk = 1st - only amateur to finish event and beat all pros except Travis Ortmayer
Log = Tied for 3rd
Deadlift Medley = 1st - only Amateur to finish
Stones = tied for 4rth

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I9WOOpZ4aeY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I9WOOpZ4aeY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

robert da strongman
04-24-2009, 06:23 PM

should see her lift

robert da strongman
04-24-2009, 06:23 PM

Farmers walk = 1st - only amateur to finish event and beat all pros except Travis Ortmayer
Log = Tied for 3rd
Stones = tied for 4rth

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I9WOOpZ4aeY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I9WOOpZ4aeY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

good stuff!
must have felt good to beat ortmayer...

Ryan Bracewell
04-24-2009, 06:30 PM
I beat all the pros on that event except Ortmayer, but it was close. I train with Travis regularly and he would be pissed if i beat him.....he gets pissed when anyone beats him. lol

robert da strongman
04-24-2009, 06:32 PM
I beat all the pros on that event except Ortmayer, but it was close. I train with Travis regularly and he would be pissed if i beat him.....he gets pissed when anyone beats him. lol

nice to have him as a training partner.
thankfully mine competes in the 175's

so what comp is up next for you?

Ryan Bracewell
04-24-2009, 06:45 PM
nice to have him as a training partner.
thankfully mine competes in the 175's

so what comp is up next for you?

Cali's Plat+. Cant turn pro if your not at the pro qualifiers.

musclegoddess65
04-24-2009, 08:39 PM

CaveMan you can best believe if I get that stone made for me for my birthday (hint hint)... a strong woman could be born :rolleyes:

I'm just hoping the Lakeland comp actually has some female competitors... not ready yet but I get jacked lifting heavy and pissed when I gotta take weight off the bar :mad:

robert da strongman
04-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Cali's Plat+. Cant turn pro if your not at the pro qualifiers.

yeah that one should be good.
i thought there was suppposed to be a plat+ in texas.

musclegoddess65
04-24-2009, 08:42 PM

Log = Tied for 3rd
Stones = tied for 4rth

I'll have to watch the footage when I get back to Illinois... youtube downloads suck when using my blackberry as a modem....

Congrats on a great day sir!!!!

Ryan Bracewell
04-24-2009, 08:43 PM
yeah that one should be good.
i thought there was suppposed to be a plat+ in texas.

yes but its in august, and i dont want to wait that long

robert da strongman
04-24-2009, 08:58 PM
yes but its in august, and i dont want to wait that long

yeah thats after ASC nationals
well we need another pro on this board...