PDA

View Full Version : Masters Nationals on Rx right now

Hammerfit
07-21-2012, 12:22 PM
check out the updates on Masters Nationals. I would have to say the over 50 class is the strongest ever! If you want to win this show you are going to have to bring some big ass legs!

Hammerfit
07-21-2012, 12:23 PM
check out the updates on Masters Nationals. I would have to say the over 50 class is the strongest ever! If you want to win this show you are going to have to bring some big ass legs!
Plenty of guys have freaky conditioning, bit what seperates them is the hams and glutes...holy shit!

masterschamp
07-21-2012, 12:27 PM
Check out my friend Tony Pampena in the Over 40 and 50 Middleweight........Eric Brugh also works with him on his diet. Tony looks like he may have won both and maybe even snagged a pro card! Couldn't be happier for him............and does Eric know about pre contet dieting or what?! Now you know why I feel so good about having him in my corner.

Keith

Baldiewonkanobi
07-21-2012, 01:26 PM
OVER 70

Honestly I don't see a Pro Card in this group. I know most of these men. Great guys but no one brought any mass what so ever to the stage let alone any hint that they even train legs. Not saying that my past performance was earth shattering...it was a disaster with torn pec and dehydration.

My belief is that you need more that a fitty fit physique and great color to compete at the National level.

I am looking at 2013 if I can get past today. My gall bladder inflamed like a BBQ charcoal last night. 50/50 I go to emergency room before nightfall.

Baldie

ayezer
07-21-2012, 02:46 PM
good luck to all at masters nats

HeavyDutyGuy
07-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Over 50 supers are pathetic. I lost to one of the two guys they put in the middle today. , 2 years ago- Anyone remember Mr Heart Attack recovery sympathy vote? Grat vacuum, still has no back. Sighs. ..

HeavyDutyGuy
07-21-2012, 05:00 PM
OVER 70

Honestly I don't see a Pro Card in this group. I know most of these men. Great guys but no one brought any mass what so ever to the stage let alone any hint that they even train legs. Not saying that my past performance was earth shattering...it was a disaster with torn pec and dehydration.

My belief is that you need more that a fitty fit physique and great color to compete at the National level.

I am looking at 2013 if I can get past today. My gall bladder inflamed like a BBQ charcoal last night. 50/50 I go to emergency room before nightfall.

Baldie
Yikes! You better get that looked at. (note- the judges mark down exploded abdomens )

Mac
07-21-2012, 05:30 PM
Over 50 supers are pathetic. I lost to one of the two guys they put in the middle today. , 2 years ago- Anyone remember Mr Heart Attack recovery sympathy vote? Grat vacuum, still has no back. Sighs. ..

Still holding a grudge because Hunter beat you?

You're saying these guys are pathetic?

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=127078&d=1342886803

Kind of harsh.

LSMUSCL81a
07-21-2012, 06:06 PM
any updates on the fella that passed out on stage? not sure what class but it was late in the pre's

HeavyDutyGuy
07-22-2012, 08:00 PM
any updates on the fella that passed out on stage? Not sure what class but it was late in the pre's

HeavyDutyGuy
07-22-2012, 08:03 PM
John Meadows got the biggest screw job of the show. Shelby Starnes became the first guru since Mentzer to win a pro card.

EBA84
07-22-2012, 08:14 PM
I was at the show and I can tell you there were some quality competitors. I think the judges did a really good job too. Pictures don't always tell the whole story. My friend Tony Pampena won the over 50 middle weights hands down. Based on the pictures, I thought he should have won the over 40s too. Well when I saw the guys come out on stage in person, I could see he didn't deserve to win the class. He was either second or third in my mind and ended up in third.

John Meadows and the guy who beat him were apples and oranges. John had the freaky Branch Warren physique while the other guy was stream-lined. Both looked great but once again this sport is subjective and the stream-lined look won. I would not say John got screwed at all. With a different judging panel he may have won. I personally like his look better but I can't say the guy who won looked bad either.

I did think the light-heavy should have won the overall. Guy was so thick it was ridiculous. I actually had him and the middle weight getting pro cards. I never even considered the super although he looked good.

Bottom line is it was a tough show. Calls that everyone is going to agree with are just not going to happen at that level. A good way to tell how the judging went is the response of the crowd. No one booed at one decision.

Don't always base your opinions off pictures. Sometimes bad calls are blatant but I can tell you this was not the case with this show.

HeavyDutyGuy
07-22-2012, 08:21 PM
I like the physique type of the guy who won better, but John was in better condition with far more muscle thickness and density. Don't need to pay 1000 bucks to travel to a show to have an opinion bro.

HeavyDutyGuy
07-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Congrats to Shelby by the way!!

EBA84
07-22-2012, 08:25 PM
I like the physique type of the guy who won better, but John was in better conditions with far more muscle thickness and density. Don't need to pay 1000 bucks to travel to a show to have an opinion bro.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but my point is to have all the evidence before saying that someone got screwed over. Only looking at pictures means you don't have all the evidence. To have all the evidence you would need to pay $1000 and actually go to the show. I was just trying to give you guys a first hand account of someone who was there.

John was the most conditioned guy in the show. I like his look better but it lost out on this day.

HeavyDutyGuy
07-22-2012, 08:34 PM
So by that reasoning might as well not bother to follow the coverage or care about the results. But being the best conditioned is supposed to be rewarded from what we keep getting told. Now it's something else- this is why the sport is floundering/ no consistency in the judging. Hunter Mann got messed over too in the over 50s - it'a ok to go by photos in discussing shows. If we go only by who was there, NONE of the 80 O threads have any validity at all- who was in Sydney in1980 except the participants and a bunch of AustralIan's , lol!!

LSMUSCL81a
07-22-2012, 08:44 PM
i will say the quality of the competitiors....was insane!...after seeing what i saw yesterday....idk if i can ever let this dream die lol

EBA84
07-22-2012, 08:46 PM
The best conditioned doesn't win shows. The overall package does.

You are one bitter dude James. Definitely not worth my time arguing with either.

HeavyDutyGuy
07-22-2012, 09:30 PM
i will say the quality of the competitiors....was insane!...after seeing what i saw yesterday....idk if i can ever let this dream die lol
I hear ya!- nothing like a great show to hey you fired up.,

HeavyDutyGuy
07-22-2012, 09:31 PM
I haven't the slightest interest in conventional wisdom, nor do I consider it a valid response to a point made by myself or for that matter anyone else, as long as the first point is from logical deduction, derivative of a valid theory or drawn from empirical experience. Critical thinking, not consensus or tradition is key.