PDA

View Full Version : go to bed on an empty stomach?

tribal
04-17-2009, 09:35 PM
im endo, and my diet is keto...when i do cardio before bed, can i have a shake after or no food at all? what if i cant get to bed like im supposed to after the cardio, lets say i stay up for another 6 hours (this happens with work sometimes) should i do the same as the first question?

thepump
04-17-2009, 11:53 PM
im endo, and my diet is keto...when i do cardio before bed, can i have a shake after or no food at all? what if i cant get to bed like im supposed to after the cardio, lets say i stay up for another 6 hours (this happens with work sometimes) should i do the same as the first question?

I would have a shake after and include protein and l glut for sure. That's the only advice I can give you since I don't know more about what your doing, whether you're getting ready for a show or what your diet is. I would ask the ultimate Keto. Can you specify more about what you're goals are and what you're to accomplish.:confused:

Frosty
04-18-2009, 01:06 AM
I can't see any reason for not having a meal before bed. Only thing I can think of is don't have something really heavy, spicy, or make it a big meal since that could mess up sleep, and for some people it's good to wait half an hour before going to sleep after a meal. At least a shake, and it should be like 50% casein at that.

JohnnyStyles
04-18-2009, 01:49 AM
Shake...never go off to bed on an empty stomach...its sucks big time.

Sledge
04-18-2009, 02:14 AM
Shake and some fat.

If your doing a Keto type plan then make your last meal just before bed.

Try 250g cottage cheese if you like it.

tribal
04-18-2009, 02:18 PM
I would have a shake after and include protein and l glut for sure. That's the only advice I can give you since I don't know more about what your doing, whether you're getting ready for a show or what your diet is. I would ask the ultimate Keto. Can you specify more about what you're goals are and what you're to accomplish.:confused:
my diet is not for a show, im going away in 8 weeks so im just dietin away about 8-10 lbs for that...im about 160lbs right now, and ive been sedentary due to surgery and b4 surgery i was 170 with a low bf...basically i lost muscle and gained a few pounds of fat..im thinkin that muscle memory will make up for most of my problems, but still gotta lose a little bit of fat

I can't see any reason for not having a meal before bed. Only thing I can think of is don't have something really heavy, spicy, or make it a big meal since that could mess up sleep, and for some people it's good to wait half an hour before going to sleep after a meal. At least a shake, and it should be like 50% casein at that.
im endo so usually a keto diet with 1700 or less cals is wat i have to consume..im just seein where to cut from...plus since im endo, i was thinkin that maybe for that bodytype its not a good idea to have the shake b4 bed

Shake...never go off to bed on an empty stomach...its sucks big time.
agreed but diets are supposed to suck

Myth
04-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Eat every 2.5-3 hours you are awake!

tribal
04-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Eat every 2.5-3 hours you are awake!
how bout this...i drink bcaa for the first 4 hours im awake then i do 60 mins liss, lol jk

MikeS
04-18-2009, 04:23 PM
no reason to go to bed on empty stomach! I have cottage cheese&pineapple before bed everynight even when dieting

tribal
04-18-2009, 04:25 PM
no reason to go to bed on empty stomach! I have cottage cheese&pineapple before bed everynight even when dieting
pineapple lol i gain fat if im to high calorie on protien, if i added sugar forget it! im the perfect example for endo..carbs are the enemy :mad:

Frosty
04-19-2009, 12:15 AM
Stick with meats or whey/casein shakes and some fish oil and maybe a little additional fat. It's not like you burn no calories sleeping. Just don't eat RIGHT before bed, that's all. If you get fat from eating before bed, you're just eating too much food the rest of the day, which doesn't sound like your case.