PDA

View Full Version : chew n spit

tammyp
04-18-2009, 06:13 AM
someone just asked me about this and i have no idea about it. she asked if you can gain weight from it? i assume so, since saliva would make you absorb some of the sugar and starch. anyone?

Frosty
04-18-2009, 10:06 AM
You won't absorb sugar through the mouth, but my concern would be that it's hard not to swallow some of it when you chew. The body naturally lets some down into the stomach when it's properly chewed and liquefied.

I mean just put some food in and start chewing and chewing. You'll notice it starts going away even though you didn't consciously swallow.

tight booty
08-13-2009, 10:23 AM
I saw someone chew and spit in an episode of "sex and the city". I never knew it existed before this.

STACEYK
08-13-2009, 10:39 AM
LMAO I used to do this with my gum, chew it just to get the flavor then spit it out-and then do it over again until the gum was gone:p

tight booty
08-13-2009, 10:41 AM
Yeah but gum is different. I have done that too, well unless of course I swallowed it by accident. :p

STACEYK
08-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Yeah but gum is different. I have done that too, well unless of course I swallowed it by accident. :p

haha yea I figured as much I was just thinking of how I used to do that with gum all the freaking time just to get the flavor when dieting:p

~gymdiva~
08-13-2009, 11:07 AM
another trick of the trade for those with an ED...although I've heard some very clueless women suggest this as a way to almost have their cake and eat it, too...man I wish they taught even half-assed nutrition in schools K-12...