PDA

View Full Version : Mike Libertore?

becks
02-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Is it just me or does Mike seem very uncomfortable when asked about the keto diet?

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/1436/184/

Just seems to be a witch hunt now over the famous carb debate on the part of MD.

buster12
02-12-2009, 07:05 PM
I really dont find him that interesting... just my opinion. I think when the ask liberaore post went up, only like 12 people posted questions....

thechampofchamp
02-12-2009, 07:35 PM
I think it might just be you, because I don't think anyone else has heard it I tried your link and it just played some shit about green tea.

bodybuilder
02-12-2009, 07:43 PM
I like the photoshopped arms in that photo.

Taylor Normandeau
02-12-2009, 08:05 PM

Haha good call.

A-Maxx
02-12-2009, 08:06 PM
one word

TRADER JOE!!!

Taylor Normandeau
02-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Robbie durand sounds a bit like Mike tyson....I can't handle it.

Theobeselifter
02-12-2009, 10:43 PM
one word

TRADER JOE!!!

I think REdline should fire him and Trader Joe's should sponser him.

Spauldo
02-13-2009, 12:11 AM
I actaul just saw him at the gym a few hours ago. I couldnt tell if he was pissed off or just focused on his training. I was going to say whats up, but then I was like fuck it.

shredded08
02-13-2009, 12:29 AM
i just cant stand robbie durands voice...its just fucking annoying

PJ BRAUN
02-13-2009, 12:34 AM
Mike's a nice guy and a good bodybuilder. People shouldnt be tough on him here just because he's with MD.

huge285
02-13-2009, 12:44 AM
Is it just me or does Mike seem very uncomfortable when asked about the keto diet?

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/1436/184/

Just seems to be a witch hunt now over the famous carb debate on the part of MD.

BLECHMAN doesn't want him talking about my diet!

PJ BRAUN
02-13-2009, 12:49 AM
I cant believe it has come to this...

Johnny Phenomenon
02-13-2009, 12:54 AM
I think it is just safe to not listen to anything the athletes over there say for a little while.

Hardly Krishna
02-13-2009, 12:54 AM
I cant believe it has come to this...
Shitty huh? Is Libetore in a contract w/ MD? Do BB'ers ever get to non-exclusive contracts? ei: get to work w/ other companies/supp brands?

PJ BRAUN
02-13-2009, 12:55 AM
Shitty huh? Is Libetore in a contract w/ MD? Do BB'ers ever get to non-exclusive contracts? ei: get to work w/ other companies/supp brands?
Yes, he is under contract with MD.

Caddan
02-13-2009, 12:59 AM
Mike is a great guy and I have nothing but good to say about him.
Like I told the chief editor of BODY Magazine, Sweden:
I think Mike can go all the way, not just because of his physique but for his intelligence.
Mike has a Q/A on BODY's forum as well.

:)

Thefuture
02-13-2009, 01:05 AM
Yes, he is under contract with MD.
Couldnt pay me enough money to let that two faced prick sensor me lol I am sure alot of athletes will not resign with him when there contracts are up though.Do they get that much money anyway?

Leigh Carmichael
02-13-2009, 02:00 AM

I know it kills me.

I like to read his articles but he has no voice for radio.

Leigh Carmichael
02-13-2009, 02:01 AM

Yeah I saw that straight away. If they are going to do it at least make it less obvious.

Mike has an awesome physique as it is and I'm sure he doesn't want his shots being photoshopped.

Aaron Singerman
02-13-2009, 02:05 AM
i know it kills me.

strongly agree!

BuffGuy
02-13-2009, 02:15 AM
When are u guys going to get these MD bodybuilders to RX muslce.. :)
I hate going to MD to just check out the videos of Kai and etc... I hope they all leave MD come here RX muscle :)

MAYOR OF BODYBUILDING
02-13-2009, 02:34 AM
I saw Mike Liberatore win the MD CYBER SHOW and I liked his potential! Mike is a great guy and will be a fine pro!

Gymnation
02-14-2009, 01:45 AM
Robbie Durand and Blechman speak in roughly the same octave. Now the whole mob thing fits over there, because they are both....sopranos!

Spauldo
02-14-2009, 01:52 AM
When I saw Mike at the gym he was looking huge. I noticed a couple of the chicks checking him out like he was a louie vouton purse. Im sure Mike could pull massive amounts of tail if he wanted to.

Curt James
02-14-2009, 02:04 AM
Robbie durand sounds a bit like Mike tyson....I can't handle it.

haHA

I would like a face to put with that voice, absolutely. What does Durand look like? He may be a great mind and have solid scientific whatever, but he has a high-pitched voice that sports a slight lisp. No denying that, imo.

And, no, I don't sound like James Earl Jones, but I'm also not the voice of MD Audio either.

(could really use a :retard: smiley about now, yo)

Curt James
02-14-2009, 02:09 AM

They'd be smart to get someone like Ron Harris to do their audio interviews. Harris has the knowledge of the sport as well as a good voice for radio. He appeared with John and Dave on NBR at least once.

Amen.

Robbie Durand and Blechman speak in roughly the same octave. Now the whole mob thing fits over there, because they are both....sopranos!

This is true, too. Blechman's voice is more feminine than Durand's, though. Again, I sound like a cartoon character more or less, so this is simply an objective assessment and not offered as a dis necessarily. It just is.

James Earl Jones has a voice that is the aural equivalent of Henry Rollins' neck or Sergio's arms.

Robbie Durand's voice could be compared in the same manner to, say, DJ Qualls.

Curt James
02-14-2009, 02:20 AM

Irresponsible. Absolutely absurd. If MD is supposed to be a model of professional journalism then this is a colossal error.

Muscle mags always seemed more along the lines of entertainment rather than actual news, however. I don't see anything wrong with sensationalism in the bodybuilding press, but I grew up when Weider was on a tear.

BOMB 'N BLITZ! RRRAAAAHHHH!!!!

No Pulitzer Prize in that.

b-boy
02-14-2009, 09:04 AM
mike is a great guy, I just can't believe that MD won't let the man talk about his diet! thats just retarded and childish :(

Caddan
02-14-2009, 12:19 PM
I feel sorry for all the athletes that are caught in the middle.
It can't be easy to try to be diplomatic and informative at the same time.
This situation is very unfortunate and unnecessary.
As time goes by I'm sure everything gonna be alright.

:rolleyes:

przechuy
02-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Sooner or later every signed contract ends.

Beastonio
02-14-2009, 06:24 PM
mike is a great guy, I just can't believe that MD won't let the man talk about his diet! thats just retarded and childish :(

Agreed! This has gone too far.

Bigboi
02-14-2009, 06:33 PM
I wonder if blackman told him to find new contest prep guru?

AVBG
02-14-2009, 07:09 PM
Mike seems like a good guy, he must feel torn between both sides at the moment. Hope it all works out for him.

gtj220
02-15-2009, 03:13 PM

Does that mean Blechman would not allow Mike to use your services? Seems like he would hold the contract over Mikes head out of spite.

flexingtonsteele
02-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Mikes a good guy, give him a break.

Hes in a tough spot having his coach being the number one enemy of the guy who signs his paycheck.

Theobeselifter
02-15-2009, 07:29 PM
Mikes a good guy, give him a break.

Hes in a tough spot having his coach being the number one enemy of the guy who signs his paycheck.

Not to mention the Trader Joe's by his house is going out of business.

Michael Liberatore
02-27-2009, 12:14 PM

If you are talking about the pic of Mike doing the leg curls, you are wrong about his arms being photoshopped.

BK
02-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Not trying to stir shit up, but I heard from a pretty reliable source that Mike L. is no longer using the Keto diet. I heard this information a couple months ago.

Michael Liberatore
02-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Not trying to stir shit up, but I heard from a pretty reliable source that Mike L. is no longer using the Keto diet. I heard this information a couple months ago.

Not possible, I train with Mike and he is staying true to working with Dave.

SAMSON
02-27-2009, 03:13 PM
I know it kills me.

It sounds like his voice is being played in fast forward!

BK
02-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Not possible, I train with Mike and he is staying true to working with Dave.
Cool deal.

indianamonster1986
02-28-2009, 12:09 AM
haHA

I would like a face to put with that voice, absolutely. What does Durand look like? He may be a great mind and have solid scientific whatever, but he has a high-pitched voice that sports a slight lisp. No denying that, imo.

And, no, I don't sound like James Earl Jones, but I'm also not the voice of MD Audio either.

(could really use a :retard: smiley about now, yo)

here you go

indianamonster1986
02-28-2009, 12:10 AM
I had envisioned this scrawny mid-eastern guy.

Curt James
02-28-2009, 12:24 AM
I had envisioned this scrawny mid-eastern guy.

He looks whatever enough, but sounds like a total douche. And when he's on air with Flex and Shawn? Man, does he seem out of place.

Durand makes even Shawn Ray sound cool.

And Shawn Ray does not sound cool. :(

IF I TOOK ROIDS I'D BE MR OLYMPIA
02-28-2009, 12:30 AM
i was the one who said he couldn't curl what he said he could (80's or something)

he got cut over that :D on NBR, and on his MD vid

THE DAY I HURT THE FEELINGS OF A IFBB PRO :D (reminisces)

SLICED
02-28-2009, 12:30 AM
u guys think there is synthol in Mikes arms?

Aaron Singerman
02-28-2009, 01:19 AM
He looks whatever enough, but sounds like a total douche. And when he's on air with Flex and Shawn? Man, does he seem out of place.

Durand makes even Shawn Ray sound cool.

And Shawn Ray does not sound cool. :(

So true... I almost feel bad for the guy. He has to know that he has the voice of a 13 year old... girl.

Aaron Singerman
02-28-2009, 01:20 AM
u guys think there is synthol in Mikes arms?

Either that or he uses his bis as his main injection site. He has big arms, but missing a peak.

NickGreco
02-28-2009, 01:18 PM
I train with Mike 4x a week and ill dispell all the rumors going around right now. Mike absolutely does not use synthol. Period. Anyone that has ever seen Mike in person or at the gym knows his arms are freaky. They are not photoshopped. As far as the interest level of his interviews; when bodybuilding is judged on interviews then we can talk about proper grammer and sentence structure. LOL. If anyone has any doubts ask Dave himself and you'll get the same answer ive given here. Mike is an overly nice guy with alot of patience and spends a ridiculous amount of time at the gym helping other competitors. Trust me, i know, I spend alot of time waiting for him to stop giving information so we can finally train!

Theobeselifter
02-28-2009, 02:10 PM
I train with Mike 4x a week and ill dispell all the rumors going around right now. Mike absolutely does not use synthol. Period. Anyone that has ever seen Mike in person or at the gym knows his arms are freaky. They are not photoshopped. As far as the interest level of his interviews; when bodybuilding is judged on interviews then we can talk about proper grammer and sentence structure. LOL. If anyone has any doubts ask Dave himself and you'll get the same answer ive given here. Mike is an overly nice guy with alot of patience and spends a ridiculous amount of time at the gym helping other competitors. Trust me, i know, I spend alot of time waiting for him to stop giving information so we can finally train!

Do you guys shop at Trader Joes together?

Swede
02-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Ive heard fbb,s with a darker voice then that Durand dude.

This is no disrepect to hard working fbbs.

BK
02-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Although I don't know him personaly, when he's in Louisville, he trains at the same gym I do and he seems like a genuinely nice guy. Don't let anybody fool you , the guy is strong as shit. I remember the week of the Kentucky Muscle he came in that Wed. and hit a few sets of incline with 315 lbs for 10-12 in a depeleted, dieted down condition.

Spauldo
02-28-2009, 03:52 PM

Hey Nick do you workout at the Xsport in Arlington Heights or at the other gym where Mike manages

NickGreco
02-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Arlington Heights South, Spauldo...

NickGreco
02-28-2009, 07:43 PM
and sometimes North too

Spauldo
02-28-2009, 07:47 PM
and sometimes North too I work out at the one on Golf road.

NickGreco
02-28-2009, 07:56 PM
Do you guys shop at Trader Joes together?

Somebody get this guy a microphone. we got a comedian here.

Blackie_Lawless
02-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Perhaps I've been around the sport for too damn long.
Been around guys who made all sorts of public bullshit claims....Names I wont mention. Their secrets are safe with me.
That being said, I'd bet my first born child that Mike has (or still is) doing some form of "Exxon" in his arms.
And does meeting someone at an expo, watching a video clip, or reading an article qualify as KNOWING a person?

Spauldo
03-01-2009, 12:31 AM
I shop at Jewel and Sam's Club if that counts

Curt James
03-01-2009, 01:25 AM
So true... I almost feel bad for the guy. He has to know that he has the voice of a 13 year old... girl.

This is true.

Ive heard fbb,s with a deeper voice then that Durand dude.

This is no disrepect to hard working fbbs.

Fixed.

Listenership should be plummeting by all rights.

bigdaddyd
03-25-2009, 09:39 PM
and sometimes North too

A buddy is telling my Mike L.Works out at Fitness 19 in Lake Zurich. Is that true? That is like 15 minutes from me!

Nick and Spauldo, I am just north of you by the state line, maybe 30 minutes.

Spauldo
03-26-2009, 12:20 AM
A buddy is telling my Mike L.Works out at Fitness 19 in Lake Zurich. Is that true? That is like 15 minutes from me!

Nick and Spauldo, I am just north of you by the state line, maybe 30 minutes.

yeah I remember where your at. You should try out the Xsport in Arlington Heights. Alot of people who compete work out there.