PDA

View Full Version : Anderson/Wandy looking likely

Johnny Phenomenon
04-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Interesting that Anderson feels so threatened, here is Wanderlei's reaction. Wandy was obv upset by being talked about so negatively, but we all have our opinions, mine is just....WAR WANDY.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/wanderlei-on-anderson-war-is-declared-17073

Big Dave Smith
04-18-2009, 10:17 AM
Interesting that Anderson feels so threatened, here is Wanderlei's reaction. Wandy was obv upset by being talked about so negatively, but we all have our opinions, mine is just....WAR WANDY.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/wanderlei-on-anderson-war-is-declared-17073

This would be a war that I don't see Wandy winning. It seems like Anderson is at the peak of his career and Wandy is going down hill. He's still one of the world's best, but so are guys like Rich Franklin, Randy Couture, etc. The guys above them are too much to handle and the guys below aren't much of a challenge.

Johnny Phenomenon
04-18-2009, 10:25 AM
This would be a war that I don't see Wandy winning. It seems like Anderson is at the peak of his career and Wandy is going down hill. He's still one of the world's best, but so are guys like Rich Franklin, Randy Couture, etc. The guys above them are too much to handle and the guys below aren't much of a challenge.

The thing that a lot of people fail to realize is that Wand is cutting weight, and I really don't think he will lose his punching power. Whereas Anderson doesn't have knockout power, he is just very precise with his strikes and combo's them enough to knock guys out. I honestly believe that if anyone outside of actual contenders Nate the Great and Maia, Wand has the best chance at beating Anderson. Besides, Anderson beats cans: Cote, Lutter, Leben, Frylund, Stout. His Lutter win was with illegal elbows. His wins over Franklin and Hendo are legit, and that bullshit fight at just below his natty weight at LHW against Irvin was a joke.

I'm not saying Wandy WILL beat him, but I know Anderson is thinking about him, and Anderson has not fought anyone with the aggression and power Wandy holds.

Plates
04-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Illegal elbows? Please elaborate because thats false.

Johnny Phenomenon
04-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Watch the video, they are elevator elbows, the direction of the elbows were illegal. Both Randy AND Rogan state so during the broadcast. I'm not saying he would lose, but he def pulled some illegal elbows.

Plates
04-18-2009, 12:38 PM
I agree that the direction of the movement may have been questionable. However, there strikes all landed in front 3rd of the skull, which is legal. Sketchy call though, I agree

Johnny Phenomenon
04-18-2009, 03:31 PM
He wouldn't have lost the belt since Lutter is fat, but still...

Plates
04-18-2009, 03:37 PM
He wouldn't have lost the belt since Lutter is fat, but still...
lmao!!! weak lungs mahoney as i like to call him.

juggernaut1987
04-19-2009, 01:22 AM
silva fight tonight against leites was boring and lackluster and went all 5 rounds. after all the comments made on the pay-per-view and the build up thats already begun in interviews its more likely that gsp and anderson silva will square off before wanderlei and anderson do