PDA

View Full Version : Share your weight-loss success story

Glenda Bozett
02-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Have a weight-loss success story? We want to hear from you!

musclegoddess65
02-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Well its was a success story now its a success story in progress again... or lets just say I've gone back to re-read a few chapters ;)

2002, Jan 1... yes that horrid NYD resolution... stepped on the scale and saw 215 looking back at me... I'm 5'6"....decided that was it, once and for all (or so I thought) I am getting this fat off me and the right way.

I sucked up as much knowledge as I could on eating right, and exercising, both cardio and resistance training. I hired a kick ass trainer who taught me what to do in the gym, proper form, how to lift, and who pushed me to the brink of needing a bucket somedays...

A year later... I was 80 pounds lighter and felt like a million bucks.

at that point decided I loved the way my body had taken on a womanly muscular shape and I decided to try bodybuilding... somehow the celebration afterward didn't quite end... and I gained back some weight... (twice)

Now I am working on getting this weight off for the final time in my life and working my way back on stage in Sept 2009. I've learned a lot about myself in these gain/lose attempts and I know this time after I step off that stage with my first place trophy ;), I won't allow myself to regain 40 pounds....

oh I won't stay competition weight, but I think I know enough this time around to know I don't have to treat the weeks afterward as an every day last supper!

F.M.
02-15-2009, 08:41 AM
... somehow the celebration afterward didn't quite end... and I gained back some weight... (twice)
I'm right there with you! Thankfully, I do have some success to share, though. I started out as a 295 lb, beer guzzling, pizza pounding slob. With about 30 years of bad habits and self destruction to undo, it's definitely been a rollercoaster over the last 4+ years. However, I'm now a sober, clean-eating (mostly ;)), 226 lb man! Along with my efforts to clean myself up physically, I've found that life in general is getting better all the time, too. I still have a long ways to go, but not near as far as I've come!

Deserusan
02-15-2009, 09:23 AM
Here you go: http://blog.bodybuilding.com/deserusan/2009/02/02/my-name-is-daniel-and-this-is-my-story/

musclegoddess65
02-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Here you go: http://blog.bodybuilding.com/deserusan/2009/02/02/my-name-is-daniel-and-this-is-my-story/

WOW!!! and a great story to boot....

musclegoddess65
02-15-2009, 05:29 PM
I'm right there with you! Thankfully, I do have some success to share, though. I started out as a 295 lb, beer guzzling, pizza pounding slob. With about 30 years of bad habits and self destruction to undo, it's definitely been a rollercoaster over the last 4+ years. However, I'm now a sober, clean-eating (mostly ;)), 226 lb man! Along with my efforts to clean myself up physically, I've found that life in general is getting better all the time, too. I still have a long ways to go, but not near as far as I've come!

I use to think that when I lost the 80 lbs initially, all my life's problems would be solved... so you can imagine the disappointment I felt when my job still sucked, my marriage wasn't saved, finances were still a mess - I just KNEW when I lost the weight everything would be better...

What I've come to realize, and it seems you too to some degree, is losing weight does not solve the problems, but perhaps, just maybe, it makes them easier to handle.

Keep up the good work!

MichaelWayne
02-15-2009, 05:34 PM
4-15-04 (have the pics).
Got home from work and decided I wanted to kick back and play some video games. Layed down, felt something odd on my back. Felt behind me and had a roll. My spare tire became two. I had a fat-back-flap! Got up out of bed, went to MC Sports, bought a bench, some dumbbells and a bar.

One week I would lift three times and run twice, the next week I would reverse it. At the start of summer I was 260, by the end I was 210-205..can't remember exactly. Now I am 245 and aiming for 300. Its a huge number to want, but I am on a long road.

Glenda Bozett
02-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Congratulations guys, I understad all of you feelings, back in 1998 I was 180lbs. I am only 5 feet tall and used to weight only 100lbs. before I have my two girls. After battlling with gestational diabetes pregnancies and with two new babies ( my girls are only 3 yrs. apart) I decieded that I will not be a fat mommy anymore. I started bodybuilding in 1999 In 2000 I entered my first bodybuilding show, it was the INBF Tournament of Champions, June 24th at Adelphy University, I placed 2nd- novice LW. Since then I have not look back. I have competed consecutive for 8 yrs. and I do not plan on stop competing any time soon. I am happy to share this message to others now. :)

musclegoddess65
02-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Congratulations guys, I understad all of you feelings, back in 1998 I was 180lbs. I am only 5 feet tall and used to weight only 100lbs. before I have my two girls. After battlling with gestational diabetes pregnancies and with two new babies ( my girls are only 3 yrs. apart) I decieded that I will not be a fat mommy anymore. I started bodybuilding in 1999 In 2000 I entered my first bodybuilding show, it was the INBF Tournament of Champions, June 24th at Adelphy University, I placed 2nd- novice LW. Since then I have not look back. I have competed consecutive for 8 yrs. and I do not plan on stop competing any time soon. I am happy to share this message to others now. :)

Nice!!!!

AVBG
02-15-2009, 07:43 PM
Some great stories here! I myself dropped 60lbs last year.

Glenda Bozett
02-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Some great stories here! I myself dropped 60lbs last year.

Big kiss to you, keep up the exellent work. :cool:

bigdaddyd
02-15-2009, 09:28 PM
I have dropped almost 60 pounds of fat over the last year using Dave's help. I still have another 40 to go believe it or not. I had a layoff for a few months for a broken foot but I start my road back tomorrow (gained 10 back). My weight workouts are back to normal levels and my cardio is up to snuff, tomorrow starts the nutrition and the road to fat loss. I cannot believe I will have lost 100 pounds once I am down to 10% bf (my goal). Without Dave's direction, my wife and brothers support and this board of brothers and sisters, I might not be hear today.

Mercury
02-15-2009, 09:39 PM
I use to think that when I lost the 80 lbs initially, all my life's problems would be solved... so you can imagine the disappointment I felt when my job still sucked, my marriage wasn't saved, finances were still a mess - I just KNEW when I lost the weight everything would be better...

What I've come to realize, and it seems you too to some degree, is losing weight does not solve the problems, but perhaps, just maybe, it makes them easier to handle.

Keep up the good work!

I think this is a really cool, brave and interesting thing for you to say, and I appreciate you saying it. :)

musclegoddess65
02-15-2009, 09:42 PM
I think this is a really cool, brave and interesting thing for you to say, and I appreciate you saying it. :)

I've always believed if my pain and/or experience could benefit even one person, let them know they are not alone in the world..... then I have given back and that is what we were all meant to do, give back for the wonderful gifts and insight we have been given...

sounds sappy but its what I believe :)

Mercury
02-15-2009, 09:52 PM
I've always believed if my pain and/or experience could benefit even one person, let them know they are not alone in the world..... then I have given back and that is what we were all meant to do, give back for the wonderful gifts and insight we have been given...

Sounds right to me! :D

bigwagon
02-16-2009, 05:43 AM
Well, mine is not a success story yet, but I plan on reffering to this this thread for motivation. I'm currently 349, my goal weight is 250. so I obviously have a long way to go.

musclegoddess65
02-16-2009, 08:37 AM
Well, mine is not a success story yet, but I plan on reffering to this this thread for motivation. I'm currently 349, my goal weight is 250. so I obviously have a long way to go.

Remember the journey begins with the first step... document, journal, read, post here, ask for help and guidance and support, prepare each day in advance and before you know it, you will be there!

I think you really learn a lot about yourself along the way and it helps to journal it in some format, even if its for your reading only. Journal the good days, the bad days, the successes and those things that didn't quite work... so you always have something to look back on.

Looking forward to hearing your successes along the way!

lymbo
02-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Here's mine
http://www.prosource.net/article-success-lynda-valeri-betastax.jsp

Glenda Bozett
02-23-2009, 04:35 PM
Here's mine
http://www.prosource.net/article-success-lynda-valeri-betastax.jsp

Hi lymbo, nice success, welcome to this board, nice to see you here too. :)

Suzanne
03-04-2009, 09:52 AM
my story
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=2567

progress pics from beginning til now
http://fitsuzanne.com/Progresspics/transformationprogress.htm

Glenda Bozett
03-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Congrats, Suzanne. :)

my story

GirlyMuscle
03-05-2009, 09:55 AM

I always felt the same way, putting off life and being happy until I got to a certain weight because when I got to that weight all would be right in the world. It's taken years to realize happy is now, from inside...not a number on a scale.

GirlyMuscle
03-05-2009, 09:57 AM
my story

Suzanne you look fabulous in all the stages of your fitness but it looks so funny (in a cute way) to see you with such tiny muscles! I'm more used to seeing bber Suzanne.