PDA

View Full Version : HMR - Get Bill Philips On!

Prince
04-18-2009, 12:03 PM
After hearing Shawn Philips talk last week I would really like for you to get Bill Philips on the show!

I used to work in the corporate office right next door to EAS in Golden and was there for their "grand opening".

redline777
04-19-2009, 01:04 AM
After hearing Shawn Philips talk last week I would really like for you to get Bill Philips on the show!

I used to work in the corporate office right next door to EAS in Golden and was there for their "grand opening".

top guy Bill Phillips ..but they'd have more chances of getting barrack obama on the show then Bill:popcorn:

The Big Sexy
04-19-2009, 01:33 AM
top guy Bill Phillips ..but they'd have more chances of getting barrack obama on the show then Bill:popcorn:

Well hell - I wouldn't mind hearing Obama on the show either LOL

GirlyMuscle
04-19-2009, 02:39 AM
I would love to hear Bill Phillips. He's the one that finally made the click in my head and started me on this fitness journey.

BigJD69
04-19-2009, 03:23 AM
Does anyone know what Bill is up too these days?

GirlyMuscle
04-19-2009, 03:26 AM
Kicking back on the 2000 mil he got for EAS. I THINK I read that somewhere.

Seriously, he does other stuff now...motivational and the like. I know he has a video series about 2nd chances....

http://www.youtube.com/user/BillPhillipstvi

ving
04-19-2009, 04:23 AM

Seriously, he does other stuff now...motivational and the like. I know he has a video series about 2nd chances....

He's also back into the transformation thing with a new website (http://www.transformation.com/) and radio show (http://www.transformation.com/radio/)

apex23
04-19-2009, 09:19 AM
I would like too hear Bill

redline777
04-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Well hell - I wouldn't mind hearing Obama on the show either LOL

as long as its not george W bush :beerbang:

redline777
04-19-2009, 09:58 AM

i heard he was wearing a wig in one of his videos recently :p

Prince
04-19-2009, 12:46 PM
as stated above Bill has his "transformation" website thing now, the really odd thing is he has put out another supplement line.

GirlyMuscle
04-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Maybe he regrets selling EAS. He's doing what Joe Gold did with Gold's gyms and then World gym. Or maybe "retirement" didn't suit him. I'm glad he's still making a positive influence on people's lives.

Prince
04-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Maybe he regrets selling EAS. He's doing what Joe Gold did with Gold's gyms and then World gym. Or maybe "retirement" didn't suit him. I'm glad he's still making a positive influence on people's lives.

if you listen to last week's HMR with Shawn Philips he goes into a lot of detail about the EAS evolution and them selling it, no Bill does not regret selling EAS, in fact he said it was the happiest day of his life. And Bill never really "retired", he did have a 7 year non-compete agreement with the new owners after he finally left EAS.

thepump
04-19-2009, 02:22 PM

I definitley agree, I'd like to see what Bill is up too, especially on a radio show where you can get the real story on things.

BigJD69
04-19-2009, 05:32 PM
After he sold EAS it seems that they went down hill.

Prince
04-19-2009, 10:27 PM

it was actually sold 2 or 3 times, I don't think downhill as a company, they just took it mainstream (Wal-Mart/Sams, grocery stores) and their main focus is RTD's and bars.

Aaron Singerman
04-20-2009, 02:08 AM
He has always been on my most wanted list! I've never received a email back...

The Big Sexy
04-20-2009, 02:20 AM

WAY downhill - even the quality of their products. I remember when Phosphagain (sp?) first came out on the market - man, that stuff rocked! LOL

Prince
04-21-2009, 12:08 AM
WAY downhill - even the quality of their products. I remember when Phosphagain (sp?) first came out on the market - man, that stuff rocked! LOL

from what I remember it was just creatine monohydrate and sugar. :confused:

BigAl33
04-21-2009, 03:34 PM
as stated above Bill has his "transformation" website thing now, the really odd thing is he has put out another supplement line.

Always been a fan of Bill ever since I first seen the video "Body of Work", I think that was the name of it...

Whats the info on the supp line??

DannyG
06-08-2009, 02:59 PM

Yeah that stuff worked well...even though it was only sugar back then you really didn't have much to choose from...for me it was one of the few supplements that gave me results right away.

MM2k was the best mag out there also...the first real hardcore mag that didn't hold back.

Aaron Singerman
06-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Easier said then done... Bill doesn't do interviews.

redline777
06-09-2009, 02:31 AM
Does anyone know what Bill is up too these days?

he was an ambassador for the great american transformation.hes just started to dabble again in the supplement industry seeling bars and shakes...but from what i heard hes lapping it up now after his $400m+ payout for EAS and who wouldnt??

redline777
06-09-2009, 02:36 AM

agree ..as shawn said, they fucked up by getting rid of their muscle media mag which he said was their advertising vehicle for EAS products. like trying to sell stuff with no marketing at all.

redline777
06-09-2009, 02:45 AM
should i put up past Q&A from bill, dan duchaine and charles poilquin? PM whoever is interested..if there is alot of interest i'll do it if not i' wont waste my time

robofsteel
06-09-2009, 09:58 AM
I was an outside sales rep for EAS from 1999-2003 and he didnt get 400 mill for it. He sold 80% of EAS to North Castle Partners for 80 mill, then when NCP sold it to Abbott Labs he got about another 20 mill. Dont get me wrong 100 mill is great but its not 400 mill. Just my .02

Prince
06-09-2009, 11:16 AM
$100 million is a pretty damn nice payday, if he only made 5% interest on it that would be $5 million a year in interest alone.

robofsteel
06-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Hell yeah that a nice payday. Plus all the money he made along the way! He was great at marketing. The product was good and it was legit. MM2000 was a great way to promote the line. It was a real hardcore mag when Bill was incharge.

redline777
06-09-2009, 01:11 PM
ok for all you Bill Phillips followers out there. i have done some research and found the legend himself. his official site is www.transformation.com (http://www.transformation.com)

and his new line of products are at www.eatingright.com (http://www.eatingright.com)

whats he doing now? hes still an ambassador for the great american transformation and make a wish foundation. doing his seminars.

and he has his own radio show which u can call up, the number is on his site.

Harnett
06-09-2009, 02:18 PM
I don't think the old schoolers and even dave and john would share your guys' praise! haha

I definitely was influenced huge by him and Muscle Media when I was first getting into everything and say what you want about Bill Phillips he did some pretty incredible things. Both business wise and inspiration wise imo.

shaunrsa
06-11-2009, 07:00 AM
He inspired millions of people to change their lives through his Body for Life Challenge. You have to admire him for that. But if you go to the T Nation site, now the home of the old MM2K mag, you wont hear anything flattering about him there. Here is a great interview about the demise of the magazine, and their take on Bill Phillips.

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_interviews/mm2k_and_eas_an_insiders_view&cr=

redline777
06-11-2009, 08:47 AM
yeah, when he worked at mm2k he didnt have the best people skills. for example, when he decided to go the "fitness" route he decided to fire Tc luoma. they're offices are just 30 feet apart and he just faxed him a letter telling them he's no longer wanted. his reason was he's got 300 other workers to look after and doesnt have time.