PDA

View Full Version : Regular girl to figure competitor in 16 weeks!

Hnelson
08-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Hi everyone I am brand new to all of this! A little background on me. I live in Jacksonville beach Florida and an a mother of a little two year old girl. Pre pregnancy I was just a regular skinny girl that loved the gym but never really had much interest in serious weight training. Post pregnancy I found myself with 30lbs to get rid of but decided I didn't want to be skinny again I wanted to have a fit strong body. My husband is a power lifter so I decided to start training with him. I embraced Wendler 5/3/1 program and was loving it. I started working as a trainer at a HIIT gum and all was well but I was starting to get bored and my body wasn't looking how I wanted. Just 4 weeks ago I met with my amazing coach and started my journey to become a figure competitor. So far I am loving the lifestyle! My goal is to compete in the All South in November....only 12weeks away! Wish me luck. I look forward to hearing any tips and advice from all the RX girls

Hnelson
08-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Some quick stats on me:
Weight starting out 4 weeks ago 124
current weight 126 (bulking diet is working)
Heigt 5.5
i am training 6 days a week w only minimal cardio (for now)
Eating 1750 calories a day
165g protein
120g carbs
68g fat

The Prodigy
08-11-2012, 04:07 PM
WELCOME TO RX GIRL!! Glad you are here! I look forward to following your progress!!

Sunnyday
08-13-2012, 09:34 PM
Welcome! Following along. :)

Hnelson
08-18-2012, 04:08 PM
So today I am 11 weeks out from my first competition and today I have had my first bad day :( I feel weak and tired and just cranky! Normal?

gilbrt
08-18-2012, 04:16 PM
So today I am 11 weeks out from my first competition and today I have had my first bad day :( I feel weak and tired and just cranky! Normal?

That's all normal stuff when your dieting so don't worry . Soon also you will start to become a little vague and forgetful further into the diet but it's all just part of pushing your body past the limits of what its use too . Good luck with it and keep every one updated .

The Prodigy
08-18-2012, 09:03 PM

Totally normal! I go from happy to bitch in 3.4 seconds flat!

gilbrt
08-18-2012, 09:21 PM

Very true .. It can get a little rough on your family the further into your Prep you go . But I guess we all just have to be mindfull of that ..

Hnelson
08-19-2012, 08:49 AM
Thanks guys. I was able to get a good nights sleep and am feeling much better this morning. Today is an off day so I'm going to regroup and get food prep done, maybe treat myself and by some new wrist straps :)

Hnelson
08-29-2012, 04:27 PM
So after meeting with my coach tonight she decided I didn't gain enough to be able to compete in figure but might be ok for bikini :( Super disappointed but I would rather her be honest than not. I'll just keep training hard and hopefully I can put on some size before March and go for figure again.

The Prodigy
08-30-2012, 09:01 AM
So after meeting with my coach tonight she decided I didn't gain enough to be able to compete in figure but might be ok for bikini :( Super disappointed but I would rather her be honest than not. I'll just keep training hard and hopefully I can put on some size before March and go for figure again.

Gaining muscle naturally takes time! I have some I can lend you if you want!!!

PFEPerformance
08-31-2012, 12:22 PM

That seriously made me LMAO!! Soooooooooooooooooooooooo TRUE!!!!

Welcome girl! Don't sweat it too much even if not in the division you wish to be - you can still break yourself in, get the feeling of doing a show, ask a ton of questions, watch, learn, and be ready to ramp it up by adding some muscle and get ready for another show doing Figure.

Hnelson
09-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Gaining muscle naturally takes time! I have some I can lend you if you want!!!
Yes, please I would be happy to take some muscle !!!

The Prodigy
09-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Yes, please I would be happy to take some muscle !!!

Can we change your journal title to....Bikini Girl and Cool with it? LOL!!!!

Hnelson
09-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Can we change your journal title to....Bikini Girl and Cool with it? LOL!!!!
Lol! Yes we can change the name....for now. After November we can change it to bikini girls quest for muscle.....:)

figurefit09
09-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Just saw your thread here! How is the prep? Still doing bikini? I'm trying to gain more muscle too in hopes to move from figure to physique... slow process and super frustrating but just stick with it!

Hnelson
09-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Just saw your thread here! How is the prep? Still doing bikini? I'm trying to gain more muscle too in hopes to move from figure to physique... slow process and super frustrating but just stick with it!

Hi, I am still planning on doing bikini (insert pouting face here). Prep so far has gone great. My coach hasn't cut most of my food so I'm not struggling to stay on my diet, I meet with her Saturday....things could change! Oh please just don't take away my peanut butter!!!! I experienced my first posing practice in heels, it wasn't pretty. Kind of looked like a baby giraffe learning to walk :) I can't wait until after the show to try and take some time to put on muscle. Like you said its a slow and frustrating process but so worth it!

Hnelson
09-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Aaaaaaahhhhh I just lost all freaking control of myself and cheated on my diet!!! I don't know what just happened. My mom dropped off leftover birthday cake for my husband and I just walked in from the gym and no one was home and next thing I knew I had a mouthful of cake! I feel so guilty :( ok confession is done

Sheena Ohlig
09-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Aaaaaaahhhhh I just lost all freaking control of myself and cheated on my diet!!! I don't know what just happened. My mom dropped off leftover birthday cake for my husband and I just walked in from the gym and no one was home and next thing I knew I had a mouthful of cake! I feel so guilty :( ok confession is done

Isnt that bizarre how these things JUST HAPPEN?!? Lol like one minute I'm at the register checking out tilapia spinach and hot sauce...next thing I know, I blink and my fingers are covered in gooey Reese Cup chocolate and gummy bears are melting in my mouth....huh? whuh! What just happened!! Lol you know I have nightmares like this and jump from sleep wiping off my tongue LOLOL

Hey, Charge it to the game...Refocus and Don't beat yourself up about it, it's important you attack the next workout and that's that...we all fall prey to our temptation at some point or another...at the end of the day prep is a marathon not a sprint and I'm sure you'll get back on pace

Keep up the hard work and I look forward to following your progress!!

Kill It EVERY DAMN DAY!!

Sheena O.

The Prodigy
09-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Lol! Yes we can change the name....for now. After November we can change it to bikini girls quest for muscle.....:)

We need a more creative title than that!!! Let me know what you come up with!!

NO CHEATING!! Instead of cheating go do something else! lol!!!

Hnelson
09-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Hi, does anyone have a good recommendation of an online store to buy clear heals from?

Sunnyday
09-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Sure do...

www.costumes4less.com

Get 2 pair. And BRING BOTH PAIR to your show so you have a backup in case one shoe breaks. I've seen it happen. I ended up loaning my backup pair to another competitor who had her shoe break as we were pumping up.

Laurie Schnelle
10-07-2012, 01:40 PM

LMAo!!! this x's 2

Keep up the great work

Laurie Schnelle
10-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Hi, does anyone have a good recommendation of an online store to buy clear heals from?

http://www.fitnessprodirect.com/