PDA

View Full Version : Species Isolyze- Bulk Orders, Pricing, Etc.

Darnelle B
04-19-2009, 01:34 AM
[C for 4lbs [right]I found isolyze for 68.00 on dpsnutrtion.com
I want to try daves isolyze buy it cost to much for my pockets.

roesch
04-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Plat: I pown a small gym in IL and just started carrying Species products about a month a go. Man I can't keep them in stock!!! I have been usinmg Species brand for the past 6-7 months and love it... Reluts are proof positive!!!
I know you have heard this before, But you pay for what you get. QUALITY BRO!!! QUALITY....

Just my two cents!

NPCKnight
06-21-2009, 05:36 AM
Dave, I am suggesting and imploring you....
Why not sell 20+LBS(minimum) of your Isolyze for a premium price.

I know you are probably doing very well with sales since you offer a great product, and I don't know how 'up to par' your facilities may be(processing and shipping---to handle an influx of potential large orders)..but why not offer that kind of thing to those who are willing to buy in bulk? Significantly more for less.

I know you probably dont NEED to...but why not? Even possibly for RX Muscle members only?

Personally speaking, if your Isolyze was more along the lines of $12/lb I would order a minimum of 20lbs at a time. If 500 people decide to spring for 20lbs instead of 2 or 3 2lb tubs....that could be worth your time.

Anyways, just a thought.

BoneBz
06-21-2009, 09:20 AM
In bulk is the way to go IMO.

Shadow
06-21-2009, 09:56 AM
I like this idea. I never buy protein in bulk, but I would with Isolyze.

andypro
06-21-2009, 02:46 PM
I buy bulk,like this idea NPCKnight.

Darnelle B
06-22-2009, 10:39 AM
will buy alot more. ALOT MORE.

it's a good idea.

Mudpro69
06-24-2009, 12:23 PM
Remember guys, it's about filling a nitch. Other supplies cater to a certain athlete the same as Dave does. When he is prepping someone, it is in their best interest to take any and all recommendations made by him. As for me, I chose to take the cheaper road as well as many. But I try supporting him and his products when I can. If he does go bulk and gives us a bigger savings I may jump onboard....

Behemoth
06-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Thats odd I heard he gets the whey isolate threw true protein.

And TP sells the same quality whey for less then $10/lb

I'm with JG1 here Palumbos Boy. It's just cold filtered whey isolate.
True Protein sells it for $7.89 a pound and Protein Factory sells it for $7.99 a pound. Add premium flavoring from either company and you're at $8.99 a pound. Now I do understand Dave has overhead to package it for Species, shipping, etc, and he needs to make a profit, that's just business. But basically selling it for over $20 a pound plus shipping is too much for a working guy like me. I do agree with NPCKnight though, if Dave could offer a lesser price for a bulk order I would absolutely be interested in that, and I would pay a little more to support Dave.

NPCKnight
06-24-2009, 03:52 PM
I'm with JG1 here Palumbos Boy. It's just cold filtered whey isolate.
True Protein sells it for $7.89 a pound and Protein Factory sells it for $7.99 a pound. Add premium flavoring from either company and you're at $8.99 a pound. Now I do understand Dave has overhead to package it for Species, shipping, etc, and he needs to make a profit, that's just business. But basically selling it for over $20 a pound plus shipping is too much for a working guy like me. I do agree with NPCKnight though, if Dave could offer a lesser price for a bulk order I would absolutely be interested in that, and I would pay a little more to support Dave.

I believe it is actually CFM.(not coldfiltered) So the prices above are wrong at first. I doubt flavoring even costs $1/lb....
Im really surprised Dave even put that price on it to begin with, but I'm sure certain costs had to be met to get the company and product off the ground. It certainly(I would think) could be lowered to a much more reasonable price. Its pretty ridiculous.

ANADROLicfreak
06-24-2009, 03:53 PM
i love how it tastes but i cannot afford to buy it on a regular basis.if it was discounted i probably could.good idea knight

Behemoth
06-24-2009, 04:51 PM
I believe it is actually CFM.(not coldfiltered) So the prices above are wrong at first. I doubt flavoring even costs $1/lb....
Im really surprised Dave even put that price on it to begin with, but I'm sure certain costs had to be met to get the company and product off the ground. It certainly(I would think) could be lowered to a much more reasonable price. Its pretty ridiculous.

CFM is CROSS FLOW MICRO filtration. If you look at the Isolyze ingredients it clearly states COLD FILTERED using a microfiltration process. So reading that I really couldn't tell you 100% which it is.

"So what is the difference between Cold-Filtration and Microfiltration (https://www.trueprotein.com/Product_Details.aspx?cid=22&pid=67)? They both use the same extraction process of filtering, but the Cold-Filtration is just that, the liquid mass is chilled and then filtered. As well the mass is then sprayed dried in a non heat environment to preserve the undenatured proteins."

So the prices I quoted are correct for those proteins I mentioned, the price of CFM Whey from those companies is more at $10.49/$10.50 a pound. So a penny difference. You are correct about the flavoring, both companies offer generic free flavorings as well as sweeteners, I was thinking of the premium/specialty flavors they offer to put it more along the lines of Isolyze flavorings. Either way, just sharing info here so we can all be better informed.

NPCKnight
06-24-2009, 06:07 PM
I am still not convinced that Isolyze is cold filtered and not CFM. I have always thought it was CFM.
Is Dave ever going to address this thread?

Rocco1943
06-24-2009, 06:21 PM
NPC, I'm looking at an Isollize tub now and it says "100% Pure Cold Filtered Whey Protein Isloalte". Does that help??

NPCKnight
06-24-2009, 09:10 PM
Good eye, thats what it says on my tub too. Somewhere along the line the 'microfiltration' part of it made me think CFM? I thought the M in CF was cold filtered microfiltration.

In this case of it being Cold Filtered, its marked up even more than originally thought.

DR.BB
06-24-2009, 10:57 PM
The 20lb. bulk idea sounds good as I consume tubs of Isolyze. I was unaware of True Protein and Protein Factory. One reason I use isolyze is it is 0 carb and tastes good. I noticed that True Protein products often had a gram or two of sugar. Protein Factory said 0 carb. Does it remain at 0 carbs if you add flavoring? Does it taste halfway decent? Part of the reason why I am willing to pay more for Isolyze is this site and the info Palumbo offers for free, but some sort of Isolyze bulk discount seems like a good idea.

NPCKnight
06-24-2009, 10:57 PM
I understand marketing. I understand packaging. I understand running a business and paying for both of what I just mentioned and making a profit ontop.

But why not move 50x as much product for a fair price and still make PLENTY in profits...rather than price this product OUT of most people's budgets? We are in a recession here. And on top of that, the smart ones who CAN afford it will often not pay for just the name.

Species is a good company. It has good products. It has a GREAT idea behind it and what it brings to the market. But this stuff is priced as if it cannot be found ANYWHERE else and there is a shortage of it to be had. Both instances are not true.

I want to make clear I fully support Dave in everything he does. I look up to him. But something is not right here..

JG1
06-24-2009, 11:20 PM
One reason I use isolyze is it is 0 carb and tastes good. I noticed that True Protein products often had a gram or two of sugar. Protein Factory said 0 carb. Does it remain at 0 carbs if you add flavoring? Does it taste halfway decent? Part of the reason why I am willing to pay more for Isolyze is this site and the info Palumbo offers for free, but some sort of Isolyze bulk discount seems like a good idea.

TP's whey protein isolates are 0 carbs 0 fats......other types of protein they sell (whey concentrate, casein) may have carbs.

Flavoring doesn't add carbs or fat.

IronFlex
06-25-2009, 01:43 AM
species has great products at excellent prices in my opinion. we have them on my site priced very well and dave is great at supplying them. although i also like the idea of buying bulk like that....bulk is always fun.

sba220
06-25-2009, 03:58 AM
I want to start by saying the initial post and idea is a good one and deserved of consideration and debate. Here are the reasons why Species does not carry a 10lb or 20lb Isolyze:

The first is that history and market research prove that bulk powders in excess of 5lbs do not sell. Generally people will not lay out a large sum of money no matter how much it will save them in the long run. Check the credit card debt on most bodybuilders and you will see my point. There are a select few that would love this idea, but they are so few that it would not bear the overhead of the product.

Secondly, shipping would be so costly it would make per pound cost significantly higher.

Thirdly, the price mentioned above of $22/lb is inaccurate...you can go to bodybuilding.com and buy 4lbs of Isolyze for $69.98. Quoting retail is as senseless as paying it.

Lastly, the mark-up on Isolyze is minimal. Not enough to support the company and in any other business it would never stay on the market. The product sells well and brings attention to the other Species products. This leads to a total margin that is acceptable. Any other company that offers quality protiens deals with the same things. Beverly International has faced price increases every year and their powders are priced similarly (I reference them because I know that they make a great product of the highest standards).

Ok, I have one more...the flavoring system in Isolyze is owned by Species and will never be found in a cheap custom blend. The clear green jug is custom made for Species and no other company has it. Lastly, you have a reputable company putting its name on the product and backing it up.

The Species team has worked very hard to keep the cost if Isolyze as low as possible despite the constant increases from suppliers.

Darnelle B
06-25-2009, 04:04 AM
i love isolyze taste great but my pockets cant touch it,lol.... but it's due to me getting married next year and saving every dime. but if there was a bulk deal i would scarp up the money and buy about 16-20 pounds at a time.

ps i'm sipping on a isolyze shake now chocolate milk. may i add i brougt the 4lbs.lol

but yea bulk would be cool. i love this stuff.

peanut vanilla is so good. :)

NPCKnight
06-25-2009, 04:18 AM
Dros, thanks for the great response.

I didn't ever mean to fling mud at Dave with this post, and as you can see it has some real interest as far as bulk deals go. $22 a lb was retail I guess, but it is actually closer to that price when you buy the 2lb version. But at 4lbs.... 17.50/lb from BB.com. Thats alright....Still high.
I think the main gripe is aside from the flavoring system and the cool green tub(and yes I admit it is cool-I am looking at one now) is that this protein isnt even CFM(the more expensive kind) and seems to be MUCH more than these other suppliers offer it for. The SAME exact PROTEIN.

So does Dave has a patent for the flavors? Or the green jug? I know R & D costs money...but not nearly as much as a patents. And the 4.4lb jug is not unique like the green....so there is a slight difference between the cost of that green jug and the black one. And bulk orders prob wouldnt even come in tubs. I dont see why they'd need to when you can do food grade bags. Or hell, 5 tubs of 4.4lbs I guess, but that would keep cost high.

I don't know man...just trying to find ways to use Dave's product and expressing my ideas and opinions I have heard hundreds of times from others!

StrongMan.87
06-25-2009, 06:15 AM
good debate

sba220
06-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Dros, thanks for the great response.

I didn't ever mean to fling mud at Dave with this post, and as you can see it has some real interest as far as bulk deals go. $22 a lb was retail I guess, but it is actually closer to that price when you buy the 2lb version. But at 4lbs.... 17.50/lb from BB.com. Thats alright....Still high.
I think the main gripe is aside from the flavoring system and the cool green tub(and yes I admit it is cool-I am looking at one now) is that this protein isnt even CFM(the more expensive kind) and seems to be MUCH more than these other suppliers offer it for. The SAME exact PROTEIN.

So does Dave has a patent for the flavors? Or the green jug? I know R & D costs money...but not nearly as much as a patents. And the 4.4lb jug is not unique like the green....so there is a slight difference between the cost of that green jug and the black one. And bulk orders prob wouldnt even come in tubs. I dont see why they'd need to when you can do food grade bags. Or hell, 5 tubs of 4.4lbs I guess, but that would keep cost high.

I don't know man...just trying to find ways to use Dave's product and expressing my ideas and opinions I have heard hundreds of times from others!

Your idea is a good one and I guess I didnt state this, but it is one we will consider down the road....

Beyond all that I said above, the company is 2 years old and not ready to take on the overhead of a difficult product. It would have to be bagged and sealed in an acceptable manner. That bag would have to be deisgned and tested. Then it would have to be shipped to our warehouse in NY in way that would eliminate any chance of punctures or rips to the bags. Lastly, we would have to deal with re-packing and shipping a 20lb bag for retail sales. In short, this 20lb back of Isolyze wouldnt fit any of our current processes and new ones = overhead.

If we were to come out with bulk product it would cater to the most loyal customers. Unfortunately, we need to establish more of a national presence before we are financially able to put such "deals" together.

One thing I can tell you is that the Species team has made great inroads into keeping the cost of protein down. We have mulitiple suppliers and continaully shop for new ones. That said, the commitment to quality and consistency is un-waivering and that will always make our products more costly than some others.

gresh
06-25-2009, 06:30 PM
Instead of going through the trouble of making new larger sizes, what about deals on the existing products? Possibly a price break if someone buys like 6 of the 2lbers or 4 of the 4lbers. Something like that.

NPCKnight
06-26-2009, 10:09 PM
well in light of recent developments, its not even the expensive CFM, its the Cold Filtration Isolate from what I have heard.

IronFlex
06-27-2009, 05:39 PM
or you coulud support dave by purchsing from his site or from a sponsor on this board like my site www.ironflexsupplements.com (http://www.ironflexsupplements.com), with our 10% off code right now you can get his isolyze for 62.96 for 4lbs and 35.05 for 2lbs of isolyze.

NPCKnight
06-28-2009, 03:38 AM
Or someone could answer on the bulk Isolyze thread if ISOLYZE is just repackaged Isolate from Trueprotein...

Joe Christiano
06-28-2009, 04:03 PM
the new vanilla Peanut butter is un real
Isolyze is a quality product at a fair price that tastes awesome I dont mind paying a little extra for it

IronFlex
06-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Instead of going through the trouble of making new larger sizes, what about deals on the existing products? Possibly a price break if someone buys like 6 of the 2lbers or 4 of the 4lbers. Something like that.
we do something like that, BUY TWO 4LB TUBS OF ISOLYZE SAVE 15% (http://ironflexsupplements.com/product_info.php?products_id=466)

IronFlex
06-28-2009, 06:43 PM
We couldnt just offer 4lb tubs we are also offering a discount of 17% on 4 2lb tubs of isolyze (http://ironflexsupplements.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=31&products_id=465).

huge285
06-28-2009, 11:09 PM
To answer your questions, ISOLYZE is NOT repackaged TP whey isolate,............I have several sources that manufacture ISOLYZE and, in fact, my VANILLA PEANUTBUTTER ISOLYZE was made in a manufacturing facility on LONG ISLAND and the flavored was formulated by someone down south. I spend a great deal of time and effort in development of the various ISOLYZE flavors and formulations. The key is to start with the highest grade whey isolate (no matter what the cost) and then add uniquely developed flavor systems (no matter what the cost) to produce the highest quality, best tasting, product possible. I hope this answers all the questions.

ironniko
06-29-2009, 02:09 AM
hey dave !

i live in france and i ordered and used isolyse , carbolyse and arthrolyse , and i am really happy of such quality !

NPCKnight
06-29-2009, 03:07 AM
To answer your questions, ISOLYZE is NOT repackaged TP whey isolate,............I have several sources that manufacture ISOLYZE and, in fact, my VANILLA PEANUTBUTTER ISOLYZE was made in a manufacturing facility on LONG ISLAND and the flavored was formulated by someone down south. I spend a great deal of time and effort in development of the various ISOLYZE flavors and formulations. The key is to start with the highest grade whey isolate (no matter what the cost) and then add uniquely developed flavor systems (no matter what the cost) to produce the highest quality, best tasting, product possible. I hope this answers all the questions.

Isn't CFM the best? The isolyze tub says Cold Filtered.....
Just wonderin Dave.

gresh
06-29-2009, 09:56 AM
we do something like that, BUY TWO 4LB TUBS OF ISOLYZE SAVE 15% (http://ironflexsupplements.com/product_info.php?products_id=466)
Great idea :D
Are you going to offer this deal for the PB Vanilla as well? BTW, where do you guys ship from?

NPCKnight
06-30-2009, 09:15 PM
To answer the original question, if you act while IronFlex has 10% off, the 4lb isolyze is going to be much cheaper than DPS...or anywhere really.

gresh
07-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Dros or Dave...please answer this. Avoiding the question leads me to believe the answer is yes.
I ran a little test just to compare. I ordered the same CF Whey Isolate from TP, flavored with the same sweetener in both peanut butter and creamy vanilla. I mixed together equal scoops of both and the taste wasn't even close. I'm not a flavoring expert but I was image in order to get Species PB Vanilla flavor, they would had to have used these flavors. Species tasted a 100x better and I'm glad I just picked up another 4 containers :D

IronFlex
07-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Great idea :D
Are you going to offer this deal for the PB Vanilla as well? BTW, where do you guys ship from?
Yes the pb vanilla flavor is included.

Lordston
07-01-2009, 03:28 PM
I guess if it comes down to price vs taste...quality being equal...I will go with price every time. I view my protein the same way I view my pill supplements...a means to an end. So if I see Isolyze on sale for the same price as any another quality Isolate, I will buy it....if not...I will buy the one that IS on sale...as long as it's a quality isolate with no carbs. I would love to support Dave in the protein department...it just isn't cost effective at this time. I do buy other species products though. :-)

Big J1
07-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Big J1 here,

Sorry for the heavy handed editing. I merged the two Isolyze threads but kept all the debate and discussion regarding bulk availability and premium proteins and flavorings vs non-premium. Also I kept in substantially of NPC Knights well thought out comments and Dros' and DAVE's responses. We have also urged our retailers to offer some quantity discounts, tough to do for a premium brand, and there has been some movement. You can find some better discounts now for you, our loyal customers.

I will post a more complete response answering more of these questions from a financial and operational point of view but i need a couple of days to get through mid year inventory..I promise.

Couple of quickies....Vanilla Peanut Butter will be available in 4 lbers in September as well as the retirement of the black jugs for the 4 lbers...species green it will be...

MOST IMPORTANT...please understand that True Protein is a contract manufacturer BUT also sells product on a direct to consumer basis. This is frustrating to all of the people they contract manufacture for, and we do have them manufacture some product for us. A better comparison is Isolyze to Isopure or Beverly etc..

As Dave stated, Isolyze is NOT repackaged True Protein whey. We took great steps to make sure that our product was superior in TASTE, MIXABILITY, TEXTURE to all available products including True Protein and we think we succeeded. Individual consumers can make up their own minds.

SPECIES has been designed, formulated and nurtured by Dave Palumbo to be a FULL supplement range of what is needed to use in his diet and contest prep. It is basically a one stop shop for "the Palumbo diet". Whether it be through the website, at one of our retailers, or an online source , SPECIES will arguably be the best product available in its product class.

If you wish to get the closest product to ours and shop in several venues, price shopping for each category, you may get close and even save a few dollars. I know it is tough times and we appreciate that, but we also appreciate your support and will pour more and more back into the BB and online community in terms of sponsorship, new products and direction.

Big J1
Joel Goldberg
Chief Operating Officer- Species

sifferman
07-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Is the bulk deal still going on for the two 4lb jugs of protein? If so I would like to purchase some today. Please let me know where i can order online iwth taht deal or is it threw ironflexsupplements.com

IronFlex
07-02-2009, 11:56 PM
yes the deal is going on and you should be able to see it on the front page or through these links: http://ironflexsupplements.com/product_info.php?products_id=466

http://ironflexsupplements.com/product_info.php?products_id=465

We are now backordered on the pb vanilla flavor for the 2lbs jugs but the 4lbs flavors are all in stock. If you order tell us what flavors you want in the comments section of your payment.

sifferman
07-03-2009, 02:17 AM
ok thanks i appercaite it

IronFlex
07-03-2009, 02:23 AM
Not a problem.

The Prodigy
07-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Does anyone sell Species at their gym that lives in IL.? :confused:

robofsteel
07-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Roesch's Gym in Springfield carries Species products. TC is a great guy stop in and see him.

alebleu
07-13-2009, 12:03 PM
To answer the original question, if you act while IronFlex has 10% off, the 4lb isolyze is going to be much cheaper than DPS...or anywhere really.

Still ordered through DPS, with the additional supps and their discount code for X dollars spent, I still saved more @ dps. Plus, shipping was cheaper.

NPCKnight
07-29-2009, 04:39 AM
Dave, Sean, or whomever else who works for Species.

Can I please get confirmation that the Vanilla PB isolyze is a different kind of Isolate than for example Choc or Vanilla? It says cold filtered on my choc and vanilla tubs, and Microfiltered on my Vanilla Peanutbutter tub.

Why the difference? (dont worry i know they are BOTH excellent Isolates)

NPCKnight
08-07-2009, 02:52 AM
helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllo?

Shadow
08-07-2009, 10:19 AM
helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllo?

You try asking Dave in his Q&A?

JG1
08-07-2009, 11:56 AM
You try asking Dave in his Q&A?

Should he have to??

This is after all a section for Species Q&A's.

Shadow
08-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Should he have to??

This is after all a section for Species Q&A's.

LOL, no. But he seems to be getting a bit impatient. Might as well to go straight to the man himself. Couldn't hurt.

JG1
08-07-2009, 09:28 PM
LOL, no. But he seems to be getting a bit impatient. Might as well to go straight to the man himself. Couldn't hurt.

sometimes dave takes two weeks to reply on his q&a thread.

JG1
08-08-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm not sure what the point of this Forum is for if you can't even get any answers.

JG1
08-10-2009, 06:52 PM
I can't beleive it's this hard to get a friggin answer...

NPCKnight
08-10-2009, 09:05 PM
LOL........is anyone from SPECIES checking this damn thread? Its been bumped to the top a half dozen times.

NPCKnight
08-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Bump

IronFlex
08-12-2009, 06:38 PM
lol this is funny...

JG1
08-15-2009, 12:41 PM
Unreal.

This makes me not want to use Species products.

NPCKnight
08-19-2009, 04:27 PM
Please....SOMEBODY

Carson
08-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Please....SOMEBODY

Nobody but the Canadian Species even responded to my questions in the "future of species" thread. Really makes you wonder why we even have this section.

NPCKnight
08-24-2009, 09:28 PM
Bonjour?

B7emm
08-24-2009, 09:56 PM
marco.........

IronFlex
08-24-2009, 11:17 PM
polo

NPCKnight
08-27-2009, 02:26 AM
Dave, Sean, or whomever else who works for Species.

Can I please get confirmation that the Vanilla PB isolyze is a different kind of Isolate than for example Choc or Vanilla? It says cold filtered on my choc and vanilla tubs, and Microfiltered on my Vanilla Peanutbutter tub.

Why the difference? (dont worry i know they are BOTH excellent Isolates)

Someone please answer this. Its getting fucking ridiculous.:no:

anabolic fyre
08-27-2009, 09:02 PM
someone should just run it by dave, email him, unless you wanna wait like 20 years asking him in his Q/A thread, cause this thread doesnt seem to be going anywhere lol...

GRAVESY
08-31-2009, 03:45 PM
How Cherry is the Vanilla Cherry? OverPowers the Vanilla? Takes a back sea to the vanilla? Complement each other well, can taste the cherry but not overboard?

DannyAbs
09-04-2009, 06:23 AM
Iron Flex,

When are you gonna have the Vanilla PB back in stock?

IronFlex
09-07-2009, 09:54 PM
we got it big man.

NPCKnight
09-08-2009, 03:17 AM
I just ordered 4 tubs of Vanilla PB. Maybe it will last me 4 weeks LOL.

Heffalum
09-08-2009, 03:56 AM
bestpricenutrition.com has the 4 pound tubs for 64.99 plus 5% off on orders of a 100 dollars or more. There service is great, and very fast. They are out of Chicago I think.

NPCKnight
09-08-2009, 04:37 AM
Oh and you work for them perhaps? Vanilla PB is not in 4 pound tubs yet.

DannyAbs
09-08-2009, 06:27 AM
Thanks for the heads-up Irons! Really can't beat his price for Species. Also get the extra 5 % by using the discount on his sig. Thanks again

IronFlex
09-08-2009, 04:06 PM
bestpricenutrition.com has the 4 pound tubs for 64.99 plus 5% off on orders of a 100 dollars or more. There service is great, and very fast. They are out of Chicago I think.
still doesnt beat me with the bulk deals :)

IronFlex
09-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Irons! Really can't beat his price for Species. Also get the extra 5 % by using the discount on his sig. Thanks again
np big dawg

MichaelWayne
09-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Question: Instead of getting a 20lb bag, could you just fill the 4lb jug to the top and give us an extra pound? Especially since you have a clear jug, why not cram it full with no 'void'?

NPCKnight
09-09-2009, 03:41 AM
the 4 lb jugs are not clear.

And no...Id perfer 10 and 20 lb bags.... for about $10/lb
That would be ideal and keep me a SPECIES customer rather than going to Trueprotein most of the time for their cold filtered or cross flow microfiltration.

Heffalum
09-09-2009, 06:37 AM
Oh and you work for them perhaps? Vanilla PB is not in 4 pound tubs yet.
No I don't work for them. But I've been ordering supplements from them for years and have had great luck. And they have a good deal on the 4 pound tubs and I was trying to be helpful.

robofsteel
09-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Guys, We can't do a 4lb tub at 10.00/per lb. Its impossible for us to do. We will be coming out with the "green" tubs for the 4lbers in the near future. Proteins and powders in general are sold by weight not volume. True proteins is a manufacturer that sells to the end user. They have a very different business model then most manufacturers. It would be like going right to Detroit and buying a car from GM instead of the dealership. Im pretty sure GM doesn't allow that. Van PB is about 4 weeks away in the 4lb tubs, FYI. I will let everyone know when they are ready to ship!

IronFlex
09-09-2009, 12:23 PM
not onlly that but trueproteins shipping is outrageous half the time.

Shadow
09-09-2009, 12:39 PM
not onlly that but trueproteins shipping is outrageous half the time.

This is true. I was about to order some protein from them but then I hesitated when I saw the shipping. Might still do it, though.

Shadow
09-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Guys, We can't do a 4lb tub at 10.00/per lb. Its impossible for us to do. We will be coming out with the "green" tubs for the 4lbers in the near future. Proteins and powders in general are sold by weight not volume. True proteins is a manufacturer that sells to the end user. They have a very different business model then most manufacturers. It would be like going right to Detroit and buying a car from GM instead of the dealership. Im pretty sure GM doesn't allow that. Van PB is about 4 weeks away in the 4lb tubs, FYI. I will let everyone know when they are ready to ship!

Care to elaborate on why that's impossible?

robofsteel
09-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Our cost of goods is more then what True Protein sells it for to the end user. Like I said True Protein is the manufacturer, we buy the finished product from a manufacturer.

Shadow
09-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Our cost of goods is more then what True Protein sells it for to the end user. Like I said True Protein is the manufacturer, we buy the finished product from a manufacturer.

Gotcha

NPCKnight
09-09-2009, 04:22 PM

if you pay attention to what I said, I was saying in 10 or 20 lb increments and in BAGS. that will cut the cost of the tubs, etc.

its up to you guys to find a way. im not saying my suggestion is best but in this economy people are not going to keep paying $17+ a pound for protein that trueprotein has for 8 to 9 a pound. Thats just the truth...take it or leave it.
maybe you guys should take their approach and rescources and your own and meet somewhere in the middle.
The only thing keeping me on Isolyze is the Vanilla PB and if I find I can mix Vanilla and PB from tp and have it taste close to the same...I wouldn't be the only one happier paying around $10 per LB.

robofsteel
09-09-2009, 09:49 PM
NPC Knight, We search all the time for a better priced source for our protein without compromising our quality. The cost of the tubs doesnt make that much of a difference in the final cost of the product. I understand your frustration with the cost of Species Protein. It is our best selling product and it is the smallest magin item for us, which makes for a bad mix! Species holds weekly sales meetings and this issue is always on the table. As a company we are doing the best we can to find additional sources for all our products. Van PB will be out in 4lb tubs within the next month!

NPCKnight
09-10-2009, 01:50 AM
Cool. I asked this in the other thread and several of us have waited for a couple months coninually bumping it to the top without anyone giving a damn about answering.

So now that I see someone (you) is being attentive (thanks!) I will ask you. It was pitiful that we couldnt get an answer on the other thread.

WHY is vanilla PB MICROFILTERED and chocolate and vanilla COLD FILTERED?

IronFlex
09-10-2009, 09:54 AM
NPC Knight, We search all the time for a better priced source for our protein without compromising our quality. The cost of the tubs doesnt make that much of a difference in the final cost of the product. I understand your frustration with the cost of Species Protein. It is our best selling product and it is the smallest magin item for us, which makes for a bad mix! Species holds weekly sales meetings and this issue is always on the table. As a company we are doing the best we can to find additional sources for all our products. Van PB will be out in 4lb tubs within the next month!
i feel you on this, its hot on our site also but also little margin but a great product.

robofsteel
09-10-2009, 10:05 AM
They are both the same. The wording is just different on the Van PB. The VPB label states "whey protein isolate microfiltered" the choc label states"whey protein isolate cold-filtered using a microfiltration" It is the same process and the same Isolate. Thanks for using our products and for giving Species your feedback.

beezy13
09-10-2009, 08:20 PM
I have to say I'm with Knight on this one, I love Isolyze but at more than double what truprotein sells the same thing for, I don't know how much longer I can keep paying for it. You said you try to find cheaper sources why not just contact and buy from Trueprotein? They sell the cross-flow filtered for like $7.50 a pound, you could create your own exculsive flavors and even with your mark up you wouldn't need to charge almost $20 a pound. I really don't think anybody cares what color the tubs are ( I for one am more thna happy to buy it in a bag), they just want the best protein at the lowest price.

NPCKnight
09-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Right on!

robofsteel
09-10-2009, 11:15 PM
Im not being a smartass here with this response but if we pay 10.00 per pound with labels and container and then figure in shipping, what should we charge per lb to the end user? Now remember we have product liability insurance, payroll, a warehouse to maintain and other overhead to consider. Again I understand your issue here. Before I worked for Species I worked for a major sports nutrition company and had to purchase Isolyze the same way everyone else did. I wouldnt use that companies protein because it killed my stomach even though it was FREE!

Youngguns
09-10-2009, 11:29 PM
What company? :D

Carson
09-11-2009, 01:30 AM
How do you all mix your isolyze, water or milk?

NPCKnight
09-11-2009, 02:19 AM
WOW. why the fuck would you buy isolate and then use milk? isolate is expensive because it has no lactose. but hey....lets just add some lactose to it!

Carson
09-11-2009, 02:24 AM
WOW. why the fuck would you buy isolate and then use milk? isolate is expensive because it has no lactose. but hey....lets just add some lactose to it!

I asked, because I mixed it with water and couldn't stomach it. Maybe, it's just me, but none of his products live up to the taste hype.

robofsteel
09-11-2009, 03:40 AM
Water Only! Good answer NPCKnight!

MHP was the other company I worked for as well as EAS.

Shadow
09-11-2009, 10:08 AM
I asked, because I mixed it with water and couldn't stomach it. Maybe, it's just me, but none of his products live up to the taste hype.

Which flavor did you try?

joe-yamma
09-11-2009, 11:56 AM
to me, the quality of the protein far outweighs the taste.
that being said, imo Isolyze tastes fine. maybe a little on the bland/weak flavor side, but not bad in the least.
what i love about Isolyze is how quickly and easily it mixes and how clean it goes down with zero digestion issues.

i've considered TrueProtein, but everytime i put together an order, the high shipping cost (CA to PA) puts me off.

i'd love to use Isolyze all the time, but it's too expensive for that (for me).
i go back and forth between Isolyze and All The Whey Isolate.

tried Choc and Vanilla.
i'd like to try to the Vanilla Creme.

beezy13
09-11-2009, 12:21 PM
I know trueprotein's shipping can be high (it costs me $10.20 for ups ground) that being said it still only costs $10 a pound for their isolate. with the flavor choices and quality it gets harder and harder to keep buying isolyze. like i said I love the product but at almost double the price it's tough these days.

Carson
09-11-2009, 12:31 PM

Vanilla PeanutButter

Shadow
09-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Vanilla PeanutButter

Oh damn. That's the only one that I don't think has a "weak" flavor.

IronFlex
09-11-2009, 06:08 PM
What i find interesting is how people these days want more for less of fucking free...to run a business you need to make money, species or any other company is not a non profit company just there for whoever. even truprotien is making money off there product believe it or not.

beezy13
09-11-2009, 07:41 PM
I don't think anybody is looking for anything free (I know I'm not) but I think people want value for their money. Of course trueprotien is making money and they should be so too should dave. the issue at hand is the huge price difference for basically the same product, if trueprotein can sell it so low people are wondering why dave's product costs so much more when the 2 proteins are for all intents and purposes the same. All things being equal I want to support dave and his products due to all he does, but that ends up not being the case. as others have stated its hard these days to overpay for their protein. I think we'd just like to see the prices come down a little since we know its out there at that price even if that mean buying 15 or 20 pounds at a time like Knight suggested.

IronFlex
09-12-2009, 12:06 PM
yeah i can understand that...i also own a supplement line so i can say this, when making a product you fins the product for the lowest price then you have to have them package it and label it. Once again the guys doing this for you want to make money also, when i looked into making a whey isolate for two lbs was over 20 dollars finished product for me then to you it was gonna be in the thirtys, its a crap deal unless you can call china and have them send you the raws and make it all yourself. but i hear what you all are saying.

DannyAbs
09-12-2009, 05:34 PM
I understand what jock is saying about the taste. If you are looking for something that taste like Syntha-6, Muscletein or Myofusion, then Isolyze is not for you. I quarantee that Isolyze is of higher quality than each of these though. I guess it comes down to what you want in a protein. I have tried each of these and sometimes find myself craving the sweeter tasting protein powders, but after purchasing one of these, I always end up wishing I had just stuck with Isolyze. My overall results are always better with it.

11-06-2009, 06:00 PM
I'd like to support Dave & Species Nutrition, but I just don't have the extra money. I'm already dropping $200 per month on Bodybuilding.com for protein, waxymaize, glutamine, creatine, animal packs, pre & post workout drinks, etc. If I did the same volume through species it would cost me double.