PDA

View Full Version : I started on the keto diet two weeks ago.

csnut18
04-19-2009, 12:48 PM
I am a 23 year old guy who put on alot of fat the last few months tryying to add mass and get big. To make it worse is that although I put on muscle mass pretty easily for a guy who is totally natural, I store fat pretty well too. I am 6' and 243lbs right now. I want to come down to about 200 at which I will be totally shredded with good mass. 2 weeks ago I started the keto diet and am consuming absolutely zero carbs in my diet except for some species fiberlyze. I have lost over ten pounds in this short time period so I have been preogressing well.

My question is in regards to a cheat meal once a week. I actually have no desire to do it since I envision myself being shredded with abs etc but I read on another thread that it may be helpful to cheat.

Should I have one carb meal per week and do zero carbs for every other meal for the rest of the week or is their some other method to go about doing this? I was concerned that the meal would throw me out of ketosis and it would take some time to resume the fat burning. Hoping you guys can help me out. Thanks so much.

GirlyMuscle
04-19-2009, 01:05 PM
If you follow Dave Palumbo protocol you need one cheat meal of whatever you want, once a week.

csnut18
04-19-2009, 01:27 PM
If you follow Dave Palumbo protocol you need one cheat meal of whatever you want, once a week.

Girlymuscle, I saw one of your other posts in which like me, you were wondering whether the once a week cheat meal would throw you out of ketosis etc.. I have no desire other than to get shredded and get the six pack i envision myself having. I have enough mass that if I lost the fat convering it, I would look great. Basically what I am saying is that I dont care about suffering for another few months without having a single, fine tasting meal. I know some people need the once a weak cheat meal to keep them sane and able to diet but thats not me. I simply want to do what allows me to lose fat at the quickest rate. Do you think that the once a weak cheat meal would actually speed up the fat burning process as opposed to just sticking with absolutely zero net carbs for a few months? Thanks a ton.

Frosty
04-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Do the cheat meal. It helps with fat loss. You can keep the cheat cleaner and not huge quantities if you want.

GirlyMuscle
04-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Yeah....I was thinking the cheat thing once a week for me would be too much but I think I'm just going to do a clean cheat most of the time. Oatmeal, rice...that sort of thing. I'll leave the bad food cheats for special occassions.

225orDie
04-19-2009, 02:00 PM
You need to do the cheat meal, it is science behind it. Staying on the Keto diet for a long period of time will actually slow your metabolism down. When you add the once a week cheat meal you will prevent that from happening.

Myth
04-19-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm still baffled why this wasn't posted in the OFFICIAL KETO THREAD STICKY???

csnut18
04-19-2009, 03:16 PM
I'm still baffled why this wasn't posted in the OFFICIAL KETO THREAD STICKY???
I am sorry bout that. I should of put it there so my apologies. Anyhow, thanks so much to everyone who responded. I think I will do a cheat meal once every two weeks. I will not have one more frequently than that. I am sure a high carb cheat every two weeks will be enough to trick my body into burning some more fat. Thanks.

csnut18
04-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Anyhow, i took everyones advice and had my first cheat meal after about three weeks of dieting. It consisted of one slice of pizza and a chocolate danish. I hope it helps rev up the fat burning as i cheated for that purpose alone. I still have forty pounds to loose so anything to help speed the process up.

thesamewords
04-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Hey man Im 23 as well and so far i have dropped 67 pounds on keto. Good luck bro make sure you get your protein or you are gonna be a skinny ass with no muscles like me. Its easier to spare the muscle than try to put it back on. Today I weighed in @ 200.5. You can do it, listen to Frosty and Myth those guys got skills! Check out my blog for some inspiration! www.thesamewords.blogspot.com (http://www.thesamewords.blogspot.com)

csnut18
04-22-2009, 06:09 PM
thanks for the encouragement. I cant wait till i get shredded and get a six pack for the first time in my life.

Zetawill
04-23-2009, 01:23 AM
The other reason you want to cheat/refeed is that it helps restore muscly glycogen as well. It will throw you out of ketosis for a few days (usually 2 at the most-especially if you are doing light cardio for 30min - 1 hour). Your muscles will come in more full as well.

I will add that keto is the only diet where I've legitimately lost weight and actually gained size.....I really thought this was impossible, but Dave is really on to something! It seems I grow faster when I get my healthy fats up as well! keep up the healthy fats!