PDA

View Full Version : The most boring fight Silva did

mts
04-19-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm pissed what the hell was that? Silva was too afraid to engage? Leites refusing to stand up, trying to get a quick heel hook or something?

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d62/mts198/ufc.jpg

TPT
04-19-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm pissed what the hell was that? Silva was too afraid to engage? Leites refusing to stand up, trying to get a quick heel hook or something?

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d62/mts198/ufc.jpg

in pride or japan, leites would of received a yellow card and have a percentage of his earnings deducted. that rule changes the way fighters respond fast. also, this was a championship match- the last fight of the night?!

stephaniewicked
04-19-2009, 03:47 PM
It definitely wasn't the most exciting. I wish Silva would have engaged on the ground more since Leites seemed to enjoy throwing himself there... but I guess he had a plan.

Krzysztof Soszynski's was my favorite fight of the night. I love submissions!

DaveV
04-19-2009, 04:03 PM
I think Silva did fine. He doesn't need to force the action when he's winning on points and the other guy is too afraid to stand with him. Say he goes down to force action and gets submitted? Yeah, way to go. Lose your title over a stupid mistake.

Dana White is embarassed. Fuck him. If he wants knockouts every fight get his own ass in the octagon and do it. I'm glad he's done with Liddell though. That's a sinking ship.

Dr Pangloss
04-19-2009, 04:39 PM
i'm glad i didn't buy it. I think its safe to say Silva thinks his ground game is less than champion caliber.

Johnny Phenomenon
04-19-2009, 05:04 PM
This just goes to show, Silva is FAR from complete. He is exactly what Chuck was: a great striker with decent defensive skills and an insane game plan. Silva would lose to any top 10 LHW, GSP, and probably Franklin now if he learned to cut angles better.

DaveV
04-19-2009, 05:04 PM
i'm glad i didn't buy it. I think its safe to say Silva thinks his ground game is less than champion caliber.

Black Belt in BJJ. I doubt he thinks his ground game is weak.

Dr Pangloss
04-19-2009, 05:08 PM
Black Belt in BJJ. I doubt he thinks his ground game is weak.

Why wouldn't he take him on the ground then?

Swede
04-19-2009, 05:14 PM

lol.
yeah BJJ blackbelt isn't something special haha.

Swede
04-19-2009, 05:15 PM
Why wouldn't he take him on the ground then?

You dont have any idea who Thales Leites is do you?

Johnny Phenomenon
04-19-2009, 05:23 PM
You dont have any idea who Thales Leites is do you?

A passive fighter who will never get another title shot in the UFC ever again?

Plates
04-19-2009, 05:23 PM
Leites is the guy who kept falling on the ground because he was clueless on what to do after several failed submission attempts as well as a weak stand up game that didnt work.

Plates
04-19-2009, 05:24 PM
that too!

Dr Pangloss
04-19-2009, 05:26 PM

the winning answer.

Johnny Phenomenon
04-19-2009, 05:28 PM
His strategy wasn't bad, he just dragged it out. Plus Anderson stood over him for an extra 5 seconds every time. He should have backed off. Anderson has zero punching power, and he couldn't string enough shots together to stun Thales. Anderson is sooo see through it is insane. They just feed him shorter, non strikers.

Plates
04-19-2009, 05:31 PM
non strikers? Franklin had some great stand up I think. I think Irvin has nice stand up as well as Marquardt.

Johnny Phenomenon
04-19-2009, 05:36 PM
non strikers? Franklin had some great stand up I think. I think Irvin has nice stand up as well as Marquardt.

Franklin lost to him before we all knew his insane stand up. Franklin also doesn't work angles, he fights straight on. Marquardt will NEVER be the MW champ, period. Irvin? Please, he is like a top, what, 20 LHW? His only impressive wins in my opinion were Franklin x2, Leben, and Hendo. All American strikers who move straight forward.

Plates
04-19-2009, 05:41 PM
I agree. But i also never said anything about Marquardt or Irvin being champions. I like how they look on their feet. I think Rich did a great job in his stand up with Silva to be honest. Rich is great on his feet, thats why he was champion for as long as he was. He beats people up.

Plates
04-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Having said all that, after this weekend, I think people have things figured out with Anderson. Going 5 rounds with a non contender(in my opinion), and not finishing him off gave people a lot of material to do homework with. If Anderson fights GSP, I think he will lose.

Johnny Phenomenon
04-19-2009, 05:46 PM
Anderson will lose to GSP if they fight. He would also lose to Franklin (if he improved his boxing), Maia with improved boxing, Wandy, and Okami. Having said that, I'm not saying he WILL. In fact, he is the type of fighter that doesn't fight to win, he fights not to lose, which is horrible for the sport. I also hate how cocky he is, with his stupid dancing. How about throw a punch instead. Congrats, you dance like a jackass in front of a gassed out tin can, after sucking for 4 rounds.

Plates
04-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Congrats, you dance like a jackass in front of a gassed out tin can, after sucking for 4 rounds.

:ok:

Mr X
04-26-2009, 01:44 PM
This fight was one of the worst fights I have seen in the UFC and Ive been watching since UFC 1.