PDA

View Full Version : What Shows in 2009

Scoobysnacks
02-12-2009, 08:57 PM
If you are visiting for the first time, please post the shows you will be doing in 2009.

Im prepping for the JR Nationals and have a journal already. If Im ready 4 weeks prior or around 90% I may throw myself into the JR USAs.

Ss

Mutant
02-13-2009, 01:23 AM
Right now I am just holding my weight, but I am thinking about doing the Los Angeles. I want to bring up a couple lagging bodyparts first, so we will see what happens.

NattyGirl
02-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Hi everyone - I'm brand new to the boards (actually this is my first bodybuilding forum ever). But my hubby seems to get so much perspective and support from the boards so I thought I'd join (fyi - "the hubby" is scooby... yes, you SHOULD feel sorry for me ;-)

Anyhow - I just decided on doing the NPC Natural Michigan on July 18 in the open figure. Does anyone know much about this show - I picked it mainly because it fits the timing I'm looking for? I recently did my very first competition ever back in Oct. at the Monster Mash... I LOVED the experience although I was very disappointed with the results, but it only fueled my fire! So I've spent the last few months trying to build more shoulder and hamis and plan to start cutting first week of April. I should probably give myself more time to add lean mass... but I think I'm addicted to contest prep now :-)

Well there's my first official post - glad to be part of the boards!

Scoobysnacks
02-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Hi everyone - I'm brand new to the boards (actually this is my first bodybuilding forum ever). But my hubby seems to get so much perspective and support from the boards so I thought I'd join (fyi - "the hubby" is scooby... yes, you SHOULD feel sorry for me ;-)

Anyhow - I just decided on doing the NPC Natural Michigan on July 18 in the open figure. Does anyone know much about this show - I picked it mainly because it fits the timing I'm looking for? I recently did my very first competition ever back in Oct. at the Monster Mash... I LOVED the experience although I was very disappointed with the results, but it only fueled my fire! So I've spent the last few months trying to build more shoulder and hamis and plan to start cutting first week of April. I should probably give myself more time to add lean mass... but I think I'm addicted to contest prep now :-)

well look what the cat drug in. And your 6th place out of 12+ girls at the Monster Mash for your first time out shouldnt really be that disappointing.

Mike Marcano
02-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Atlantic States in June over here in NYC.

bigmikecox
02-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Central Florida and Southern States

TheJackHammer
02-16-2009, 11:30 AM
dexter jackson classic, southern states, and hoping but not expecting nationals. this will be my first 2 shows ever so im not expecting to make it to nationals but if i get everything dialed in who knows. hey dreams can come true

Scoobysnacks
02-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Good luck to all who have posted. Think about starting a journal online here, its motivational for everyone and its good for getting tips, posing critiques, etc.

Again, good luck

Ss

Arthur Early
02-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Long island classic and the atlantic states NYC

Nate Quinn
02-16-2009, 07:38 PM
New England Bodybuilding Championships April 25, Junior Nationals June 20, on to Nationals November 21 :eek: Best of luck to everyone :D Train smart!

tkatmommie
02-17-2009, 11:44 AM
NPC NAtural Ohio April 4th, NPC Upper Ohio Valley April 25, maybe the NPC Pitts show

lighthvy
02-18-2009, 09:49 PM

Stef! Glad to see J's better half on here! You looked great when you last competed, and you have a lot of potential. I look forward to seeing you both compete this year! Best of luck!

lighthvy
02-18-2009, 09:51 PM
My original plan was to do the Natural Northern in Cleveland in the fall, but my move to NYC may alter those plans. Anyone know of any decent NPC shows on the east coast in the fall?

gymrat9929
02-19-2009, 10:23 AM
I'll be doing the ...

1. Muscle Mayhem Championships *Chad Nichols Show May 30

2. Junior Nationals June 19-20

See you there Scoob's!

I will be a heavyweight this year.

Kiyoshi Moody
02-19-2009, 12:41 PM
If you are visiting for the first time, please post the shows you will be doing in 2009.

Im prepping for the JR Nationals and have a journal already. If Im ready 4 weeks prior or around 90% I may throw myself into the JR USAs.

Ss

whats this im reading u doing the jr nats? what happened to team u?

Scoobysnacks
02-19-2009, 01:33 PM
whats this im reading u doing the jr nats? what happened to team u?

Hey Kiyoshi,

I have to be done dieting by August, so Team U was out. I have a great vacation planned for mid August, and I could either be miserable on diet the whole time worrying about moring cardio, trying to get to a gym 4 x that week and weighing every damn morsel, of find a national level show other places. So Im gonna hit Jr Nationals.

Team U will have to wait. Vacation date I didnt have control over, and Im not going on vacation with my 4.5 yr old on a diet, he doesnt live with me I only see him every other weekend, but I get him this whole week, and I dont want to be crabby or to tired to get up and play in the pool or the sand or whatnot.

I hear you are working with Dave for Team U. Have you started on his offseason macros yet?

buster12
02-19-2009, 03:39 PM
none.... 2010 i'll be competing in the teen b class. Proly something local, and from there we'll see....

Kiyoshi Moody
02-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Hey Kiyoshi,

I have to be done dieting by August, so Team U was out. I have a great vacation planned for mid August, and I could either be miserable on diet the whole time worrying about moring cardio, trying to get to a gym 4 x that week and weighing every damn morsel, of find a national level show other places. So Im gonna hit Jr Nationals.

Team U will have to wait. Vacation date I didnt have control over, and Im not going on vacation with my 4.5 yr old on a diet, he doesnt live with me I only see him every other weekend, but I get him this whole week, and I dont want to be crabby or to tired to get up and play in the pool or the sand or whatnot.

I hear you are working with Dave for Team U. Have you started on his offseason macros yet?

Gotcha. Wise decision I tried that a couple of years ago had a miserable time on the vaction. I was so worried about the foods I would have to eat the cardio the training etc. Didnt get to really enjoy myself to much.

As of right now I will be working with Dave for contest prep. I'm not doing his offseason program. The way it looks I going into thde USA's then the Team Universe. In the last month I have made some good gains and my weight is holding at 212. First time in years it has held this long. So we will see what happens.

Scoobysnacks
02-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Gotcha. Wise decision I tried that a couple of years ago had a miserable time on the vaction. I was so worried about the foods I would have to eat the cardio the training etc. Didnt get to really enjoy myself to much.

As of right now I will be working with Dave for contest prep. I'm not doing his offseason program. The way it looks I going into thde USA's then the Team Universe. In the last month I have made some good gains and my weight is holding at 212. First time in years it has held this long. So we will see what happens.

That sounds really good, Im very interested to see how you respond to daves dieting principles. Will you have a log somewhere? Do you mind posting some things in here too when you start, Im sure Im not the only one interested.

Kiyoshi Moody
02-19-2009, 04:17 PM
That sounds really good, Im very interested to see how you respond to daves dieting principles. Will you have a log somewhere? Do you mind posting some things in here too when you start, Im sure Im not the only one interested.

Bro, I just found out about this forum and starting to navigate my through everywhere and I'm really liking everything Dave and John and everyone thats involved is doing!!! I'm making my transition over from MD slowly but surely. But I have a log in several places bro. My website kiyoshimoody.com also on species website and I will for sure have one here once we get rolling. OOOO, also one more show I cant mention about but Phillip Ricardo and I have some unfinished business so far I'm 2-0 against him and he's been on a roll so it's time we meet again!!!shhhhhh

flexingtonsteele
02-19-2009, 06:16 PM
No shows in 2009 for me! Ill be most likely doing one in 2010 though.

Mr. Shoulders
02-20-2009, 08:33 AM
Southern States and hopefully the Nationals in FT Lauderdale

TheJackHammer
02-20-2009, 10:32 AM
Southern States and hopefully the Nationals in FT Lauderdale

hey what weight class r u going to be competing in at the southern states

Mr. Shoulders
02-20-2009, 12:11 PM
hey what weight class r u going to be competing in at the southern states
I plan on coming in shredded @ around 240lbs

chasebny
02-20-2009, 02:11 PM
6.5 weeks out of the NGA Can/Am teens. First show ever, very excited!

NattyGirl
02-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Stef! Glad to see J's better half on here! You looked great when you last competed, and you have a lot of potential. I look forward to seeing you both compete this year! Best of luck!

Thanks Sean! I've been working HARD on my shoulders and hamis!

Congrats on your new job! When are you moving? I guess this means we won't be seeing you at the Northern? If you guys end up coming down for it let us know. Good luck iin NYC!!!

wnybodybuildingfan
02-21-2009, 02:35 PM
6.5 weeks out of the NGA Can/Am teens. First show ever, very excited!

Good luck! That is only about and hour and a half away from where I live. How is the diet going? I am going to do my first show ever this year at the USBF in Olean in May.

Marijan Lipsinic
02-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Jr.USA - May 23rd, Charleston, SC

debbiebramwell
02-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Good luck to everyone! woohoo...Im doing Ny Pro show first...hoping to qualify for ms olympia then that will be my next show...if not then I will try for Tampa Pro show...dave palumbo is prepping me ..I am excited to see the results! All is great so far!:D

pnohe
02-22-2009, 01:17 PM
the 2009 altlantic city amature. light heavy... though I hate the thought of dieting all summer, its how its gots ta be.

tdcoach
02-22-2009, 07:08 PM
I am doing the Europa in Orlando ,8 weeks out. I am using Dave for my prep. i will do a couple more, just don't know yet

musclegoddess65
02-22-2009, 07:20 PM
http://www.npccontinentalusa.net/ Sept 5, St Charles IL

TDCoach... Europa!! I'll be there cheering on a friend in Strongman competition, hoping I can catch some of the BB action too!!!