PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Steak Seasoning

Brian Kent
08-23-2012, 01:38 AM
How do you guys season your steaks? I don't eat too much red meat but when I do I don't want to be jumping off the deep end with all the marinades and rubs out there that are way too full of sodium etc. Got any recipes?

Big Baldwin
08-23-2012, 08:33 AM
You could always use Mrs. Dash which is sodium free.. but why are you avoiding sodium anyways?

data4
08-23-2012, 05:07 PM
How do you guys season your steaks? I don't eat too much red meat but when I do I don't want to be jumping off the deep end with all the marinades and rubs out there that are way too full of sodium etc. Got any recipes?

Sodium is going to hurt anything. MSG could possibly bother you but I dont see why you want to avoid sodium??

Provo82
08-24-2012, 09:43 AM
yea unless u have sodium sensitive high blood pressure then some salt isnt really gonna hurt

GottaGetLean
08-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Salt and pepper never fails to make a great steak.

Brian Kent
08-28-2012, 01:17 AM
I retain sodium quite easily so anything I cook I tend to lessen it the best I can. A little here and there is ok but if I can avoid it I try to. Something with a lot of it like soups(not on the diet so its
extremely rare) tend to kind of have a boating effect .

M4BTEAM
10-07-2012, 06:35 PM
garlic salt and pepper help a lot; that is a simple 'seasoning'..

TriniMike
01-05-2013, 08:38 AM
We're a 5-Time National Award winning Caribbean Pepper Sauce. Its really great to season all dishes with.

Let me know if you're interested and I would be happy to ship you a bottle of your choice.

Curt James
01-05-2013, 08:44 PM
We're a 5-Time National Award winning Caribbean Pepper Sauce. Its really great to season all dishes with.

Let me know if you're interested and I would be happy to ship you a bottle of your choice.

Hey, you should send a case to Dave Palumbo if you're going to post this image a third time. I saw it in the Hobby thread as well.

Raise your hand if you consider this spam in some small way or am I being overly sensitive?

Curt James
01-05-2013, 08:49 PM

Had been a fan of steak sauce, but lately I enjoy steak medium rare without any sauce.

lastson
01-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Raise your hand if you consider this spam in some small way or am I being overly sensitive?

It's only spam if I dont get a bottle.. :D

Where can you buy it ?, I'm a hot sause addict and for the first time this year started making my own.

BTW, pm me so we don't piss off Curt.. he's mean when he's mad :D

Big Baldwin
01-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Hey, you should send a case to Dave Palumbo if you're going to post this image a third time. I saw it in the Hobby thread as well.

Promoting your seasonings in one post.. okay. Promoting them 3 posts in a row.. on the spammish side. Unless he wants to give out free product, then I'll allow it!

"Rodz"
01-05-2013, 11:24 PM
Spam...yes

Curt sensitive....yes

Curt James
01-06-2013, 12:02 AM

Where can you buy it ?, I'm a hot sause addict and for the first time this year started making my own.

I'm going to turn off his pm's. lol

No, seriously.

Promoting your seasonings in one post.. okay. Promoting them 3 posts in a row.. on the spammish side. Unless he wants to give out free product, then I'll allow it!

He was offering free samples.

Spam...yes

Curt sensitive....yes

THIS! lol

TriniMike
01-06-2013, 05:09 PM

I do think you're being overly sensitive. My objective wasn't to encourage sales. Being in the fitness industry myself, I know many love to eat seasonings and a lot of individuals love spicy food. I know many love Frank's, Tabasco, Sriracha and other types of spicy sauces.

I was no way trying to spam your site. I was at the Masters Olympia passing out samples as well.

I was reading this section and thought it was the appropriate place to place it (not the chem section) haha!

I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers! I would be happy to send you, Dave or anyone else that may be interested in the sauce.

It just a passion of mine and started as a hobby.

If you feel it would be best to delete my post, I understand that too.

Let me know where you would like me to send any, if you're interested. Sorry

TriniMike
01-06-2013, 05:11 PM

PM me and I send it out tomorrow. I didn't mean to piss anyone off.