PDA

View Full Version : Palumbo diet to TKD??

Mr. Hyde
04-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Im gonna give you a brief run down, i have been using a keto diet for about 7 weeks and there has been no progress the last 3 week. I am up to 45min of cardio 6 days a week as of now, i will see what happens at the end of this week the morning of my refeed. In the off seasion a used HIIT and it work great, i totally seen a diffirence in my abs and i was eating over 3500 calories, about 400g being carbs. If im not happy with my progress at the end of this week i want to add HIIT back in on my 2 off days but im gonna have to add post carbs training for that.

Anybody ever do this? I would just lower fats about 25g and add them in carbs PWO for that day.

P.S. my body hates to give up weight period muscle or fat. I was training for a Muay Thai fight practicly staving myself on about 180 protein and 60fats and the only carbs i got where from PB and cottage cheese. I was training thai boxing 4 days a week for about 2 hours a day. I lost about 15 lbs, in about 4 week after i started eatting again i was right back up to 190-195 and looked like a never even dieted, people tought i was juiced out because i gain so much size back so fast. It was mostly water but my point in the training i was doing was FAR more intense then the bodybuilding i have been doing. My heart right was above 180 for more then half of the training seasion...lol. Has anybody ever switch the program to add HIIT???

Rick Prince
05-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Im gonna give you a brief run down, i have been using a keto diet for about 7 weeks and there has been no progress the last 3 week. I am up to 45min of cardio 6 days a week as of now, ...

When are you doing your 45 minute cardio sessions (pre-workout, post-workout, before your first meal of the day, etc)? How far out are you from your show? How many lbs do you think you need to lose?

Scoobysnacks
05-11-2009, 11:50 PM
post the diet first something has to be off. You taking the weekly cheat meal or refeeding on the keto diet?

Ss

HeavyDutyGuy
05-13-2009, 12:51 AM
45 min 6 days a week may not be enough, especially if you're in pretty good condition cardiowise. I usually need to do at least 6 hours a week before I really start leaning out. Im currently doing 1 hour fasted in the morning on off days + 50 min later, and 30 min post workout on my 3 workout days. 6 1/2 hours +. Maybe up to 7 soon. Just an idea..

tonyaskew
05-13-2009, 06:09 PM
Im gonna give you a brief run down, i have been using a keto diet for about 7 weeks and there has been no progress the last 3 week. I am up to 45min of cardio 6 days a week as of now, i will see what happens at the end of this week the morning of my refeed. In the off seasion a used HIIT and it work great, i totally seen a diffirence in my abs and i was eating over 3500 calories, about 400g being carbs. If im not happy with my progress at the end of this week i want to add HIIT back in on my 2 off days but im gonna have to add post carbs training for that.

Anybody ever do this? I would just lower fats about 25g and add them in carbs PWO for that day.

P.S. my body hates to give up weight period muscle or fat. I was training for a Muay Thai fight practicly staving myself on about 180 protein and 60fats and the only carbs i got where from PB and cottage cheese. I was training thai boxing 4 days a week for about 2 hours a day. I lost about 15 lbs, in about 4 week after i started eatting again i was right back up to 190-195 and looked like a never even dieted, people tought i was juiced out because i gain so much size back so fast. It was mostly water but my point in the training i was doing was FAR more intense then the bodybuilding i have been doing. My heart right was above 180 for more then half of the training seasion...lol. Has anybody ever switch the program to add HIIT???

If you are doing Palumbo's diet. He says that there my be a time that you'll have to up your cardio to an hour a day, maybe more. I was up to 90 minutes 3 days a week, and 60 minutes 3 days a week.

Also, if you are following his outline the fat amount should be around .5g per pound. That said, if you have not experienced a change in weight for a few days you may need to drop your fat some.
When I was doing Palumbo's plan my fat intake was 85g a day. \
When I plateaued, I dropped it to 75g. That worked.

Also, are you having your cheat meal?

I would not advise dropping the fat and replacing it with carbs postWO.

On your none training days, if you are not, you should be performing your cardio in a fasted state first thing in the morning.

Frosty
05-13-2009, 06:17 PM
Many end up doing 2 hours of LISS cardio a day, and some even higher...