PDA

View Full Version : 5.5 weeks out diet question

Jaredmus
04-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Ok guys im 5.5 weeks out and trying to to do my best job with a diet. I thouhgt i had some one who would do it for me but they bailed so heres what im doing

3 days straigth of

3 egg whites and 1 whole egg
Protein shake 1 tbsp on natural PB
7 oz chicken veggies
6 oz chicken veggies
Protein shake
7 oz steak veggies

After that i do 2 days of the with 4 oatmeal packets which is like a total of 140 carbs, and 4 sweet potatoes which i think is like another 140.
Is that a good diet or not. For 5.5 weeks out, im currently down to 177 will post pics when i get home. Any help would be great.
I just need to know on high carb days can i eat things like whole wheat toast and whole wheat pasta?

militantmuscle
04-20-2009, 12:57 PM
How long have you been using your current diet that you posted and what are your results so far?

Jaredmus
04-20-2009, 01:39 PM
How long have you been using your current diet that you posted and what are your results so far?

6 days, and cant tell yet really, no energy loss on low carb days really, and about 3lbs also just got back from cancun.

Luka Treska
04-20-2009, 01:53 PM
I'd say the carbs are too high on those two days and two "high-carb" days in a row, isn't ideal. I personaly do not like carb cycling. I just use a set amount of carbs everyday until I plateau then I lower them. The best carb cycling method that I've used in the past though is No,Low,High.

Jaredmus
04-20-2009, 02:19 PM
so just so would 4 low 1 high be better

Luka Treska
04-20-2009, 02:53 PM
Or 1 no carbs, 1 low carbs, 1 high carbs. Then repeat. But bro, it's a lot easier to judge if there were pics. You may be shredded at 5 weeks out or you may be behind. Hard to make a suggestion.

Jaredmus
04-22-2009, 07:34 AM
I got pretty sick last night on this diet, i only had like 40 grams of carbs.Im not sure if my body could handle 5 days on this than a hgih carb day so im just going to do 2 days on one day high carb

billytrainer
04-22-2009, 08:08 AM
looks to me with what you are doin there you have about 25g of fat total for the entire day.. that combined with the low carb approach is disaster waiting to happen. agree w LUKA, we have 0 clue where you are at-ahead, behind etc..5.5 weeks out mean 4 weeks out bro.you need to be ready in 4 weeks. whats your pre& post workout meal? whats "protein" shake mean? isolate? blend? whats your macros of this diet? eetc....
when u say you got sick, what u mean?? like the flu? or your body wasnt happy with the nutrition you were feeding it?? tired,groggy,feel like shit, cold etc...?

Luka Treska
04-22-2009, 09:05 AM
Okay bro, first off no one said 5 days of no carbs then 1 day of high carbs. I said 1 day No carbs, 1 day Low carbs, 1 day High carbs....then repeat. With that said, I don't know what you mean you got "sick". Did you puke? Did you have a fever? I don't see how a diet that is employed by thousands of people can make you specifically sick. And why wouldn't your body handle it? Do you have a certain condition? We need more clarification.

Secondly, when you say you "only had like", it makes me think that you are not counting your macros. "Like" is what? 36g? 44g? 49g? It's either 40g or not. Again specific.

Third of all, it seems like you're already set on doing the diet you though you would do and basically will not listen to any of us. So what's the point of asking? You already have your mind made up.

Lastly, I really don't want you to misinterpret me and think that I'm flaming you. I am not. But it seems to me that you simply don't want to diet. If you did, you would not make excuses like "I got sick from this diet". And I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you have only been "dieting" for 1-2 weeks and your show is in 3-4 weeks. So you essentially wanted to diet for what? 6 weeks? That, along side the fact that you don't know how your body responds to dieting and what approach is right for you?

I hate to sound negative bro, and as you can see I tried to help you in my last posts, but what good does any of it do if you're not willing to do the work?

Jaredmus
04-22-2009, 12:50 PM
no what happend was i got the chills the sweats, and all of sudden after my leg workout i lost all my energy, my eyes hurt it was bad. Il post some pics i took on sunday, later when im home and out of school. For a teen i think i look ok right now, im having a hard time with the muscle seperation in the legs. Il post the pics later and i appreciate all the help im getting on the forum

Jaredmus
04-22-2009, 12:55 PM
pre workout goes like this, chicken and greens veggies, 1 hour b4. 40 mins b4 i take RPM. Than after have 1.5 scoops of ON nitro core 24 or ON 100% whey. Im new at this and didnt hire someone for a diet which im not regretting, i really am listening and am willing to make an adjustment. Today so far ive had 3 egg whites and a whole egg, with 35 grams of oatmeal, after that about 2 hours later i had ON nitro core 24 1.5 scoops with a small banana. For lunch i had 4 ounces of chicken and a medium sized sweet potatoe. I was planning on have more oatmeal and eggs when i get home, than an other protein shake along with a steak and sweet potatoe dinner. Im trying my best i didnt care that i got sick i just thought id post and let people know. SO tmrw, i should go no carbs, than low on friday and high on sat?

Luka Treska
04-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Okay so the sickness didn't come from the diet.

My rule of thumb is ZERO sugar during contest prep. I don't know if the supps you're taking have sugar in them...check. Bananas have sugar. As do the sweet potatoes. Some people say sweet potatoes are okay, but I'm not one of them.

The cycle is simple, No carbs, Low carbs, High carbs.
Monday-no
tuesay-low
wednesday-high
thursday-repeat.

I would take out the steak too.

On low carb days I would say, have carbs with the first 3 meals of the day then no carbs for the rest of the day.

Jaredmus
04-22-2009, 01:49 PM
ok thanks for the help the supps im taking dont have sugar, nto sure about the proteing the only reason i had the banana was because of how crappy i felt yesterday and i knew the natural sugar would help.
Ok i will start that tmrw. So thursday no , friday low, sat high, What would be considered low? for me low is like 75, and no carbs, does that mean virtually no carbs or none at all? i mean my shakes have some carbs veggies have some carbs, im not meaning this to be stupid im serious, pics will be up in about an hour so maybe that would help more

Luka Treska
04-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Can't really way what's low bro, depends on your height, weight, lean mass, BF%....too many factors, thats something you need to work out. No carbs means, only trace carbs (carbs you ingest through fat sources mainly). But if your protein shake has carbs, it's not optimal, you need pure whey isolate. Veggies are fine.