PDA

View Full Version : Steroid Bust

RealLilSwole
04-20-2009, 04:59 PM
I just can't seem to understand why our govenment is so concerned with steroids these days. Well, I take that back, I do understand. They can't make any money off of it and thats why they give two shits.

They are spending millions on trying to figure out which pro athlete stuck what into each others butt. Who really cares??

We have people in this country that don't have any money to eat, no insurance for health care, yet, the grand ole US is basically wasting money on Sterioid Busting.

We have two drugs in this country that kill people EVERYDAY......MANY times per day. Yet, these are legal. Oh yeah, and can be taxed by our government. That would be alcohol and cigarrettes. I don't even need to get in to alcohol, examples such as drunk driving. And with cigarrettes, I put people in body bags DAILY due to cancer from smoking. (I am a cancer nurse.)

OK.....done with my rant. It just pisses me off that our counrty has it priorities in the wrong spots.

Dom
04-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Funny just how messed up the " real world " is, and we the nut job bodybuilders are the targets??

RealLilSwole
04-20-2009, 05:23 PM
Agreed!

ANADROLicfreak
04-20-2009, 05:26 PM
I just can't seem to understand why our govenment is so concerned with steroids these days. Well, I take that back, I do understand. They can't make any money off of it and thats why they give two shits.

They are spending millions on trying to figure out which pro athlete stuck what into each others butt. Who really cares??

We have people in this country that don't have any money to eat, no insurance for health care, yet, the grand ole US is basically wasting money on Sterioid Busting.

We have two drugs in this country that kill people EVERYDAY......MANY times per day. Yet, these are legal. Oh yeah, and can be taxed by our government. That would be alcohol and cigarrettes. I don't even need to get in to alcohol, examples such as drunk driving. And with cigarrettes, I put people in body bags DAILY due to cancer from smoking. (I am a cancer nurse.)

OK.....done with my rant. It just pisses me off that our counrty has it priorities in the wrong spots.
nicely said..there are so much more problems in this country than steroids.they just have an agenda.its for the kids!!!right

JustLuke
04-20-2009, 05:34 PM
nicely said..there are so much more problems in this country than steroids.they just have an agenda.its for the kids!!!right
I have an idea to keep kids in line...it's called parenting.

ANADROLicfreak
04-20-2009, 05:37 PM
this subject is about to cause me to roid rage!!!ha

Judge
04-20-2009, 05:44 PM
all this shit in a country where guns are free!

Lee Penman
04-21-2009, 12:04 AM

Totally agree with you on this one. Tobacco, alcohol...even caffeine and OTC medications(which can be taken in excess) are AOK but steroids....wow...these are REAL KILLER drugs....nuff said!

The Thinker
04-21-2009, 01:09 AM
It's politics. Politicians know when to latch on to a cause that will bring in the votes. They either have to "save" baseball or "save" our kids. Who can argue with that? (sarcasm intended)

The Big Sexy
04-21-2009, 01:21 AM

Let me break it down for you.

I has absolutely nothing to do with the fact the government can't make money off steroids - if they wanted to, they could.

You might be surprised to know - it really has nothing to do with protecting our youth or saving our "great past-time of baseball" from the "abuse of steroids"

You probably aren't surprised that they don't give a shit about bodybuilders or our health, even though they CLAIM to.

Cigarettes and Alcohol are consumed in mass quantities... it isn't the money... it's the VOTES. Let's see how quickly you get re-elected in your state if you suggest getting rid of alcohol or cigarettes because they are bad for you.

So - what is it??

Our government sucks ass.

Yup... that's it. They can't solve shit. They can't fix the economy, they can't solve immagration, they can't stop the flow of illegal drugs into our country, they can't stop crime, they can't get us better deals on gas, they can't fix health care, elder law issues, social security, earmarks, etc. etc. etc.!!!

Hmm... what the fuck can they do??? I KNOW - let's save our children... everyone loves the children... steroids are evil!! When Barry Bonds and Balco went down, it was like a gravy train for guys like Joe Biden to jump on - a political grand-stand to catapult their careers into a spotlight of "truth, justice and the American way"

when - really - all they are doing are busting a few underground labs here and there... no one really serving a ton of time over this - most are getting probation or time served... and the amount of money involved in the investigations, arrests, prosecutions - is staggering.

So - there is your answer - sorry I got a big long-winded... I do that at time to time... but this is an issue that really pisses me off - and it is the REAL reason that steroids are a target... because they are an EASY target...

1. Small amount of voters actually USE steroids
2. Large amounts of voters have children and are ignorant - scared of drugs harming their kids.
3. The government can do little or no work and make it look like it has rid the world of Satan himself.

Jeepgcboy97
05-07-2009, 12:16 PM
the OP make many valid points and I agree with her 100%. Doctor's prescribe anti-depresents like they are candy. Wtf is that about

Over50
05-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Good points and I blame a lot of the negative thoughts about steroids on the media. The media blows everything out of portion and it is for money. We as a people watch and believe everything we see on TV we have gotten way to lazy to think for ourselves.

RDFinders
05-07-2009, 08:05 PM
I have an idea to keep kids in line...it's called parenting.
novel idea.........but isn't it a trend just to have them and let someone else raise them.

ANABOLIC1
05-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Let me break it down for you.

I has absolutely nothing to do with the fact the government can't make money off steroids - if they wanted to, they could.

You might be surprised to know - it really has nothing to do with protecting our youth or saving our "great past-time of baseball" from the "abuse of steroids"

You probably aren't surprised that they don't give a shit about bodybuilders or our health, even though they CLAIM to.

Cigarettes and Alcohol are consumed in mass quantities... it isn't the money... it's the VOTES. Let's see how quickly you get re-elected in your state if you suggest getting rid of alcohol or cigarettes because they are bad for you.

So - what is it??

Our government sucks ass.

Yup... that's it. They can't solve shit. They can't fix the economy, they can't solve immagration, they can't stop the flow of illegal drugs into our country, they can't stop crime, they can't get us better deals on gas, they can't fix health care, elder law issues, social security, earmarks, etc. etc. etc.!!!

Hmm... what the fuck can they do??? I KNOW - let's save our children... everyone loves the children... steroids are evil!! When Barry Bonds and Balco went down, it was like a gravy train for guys like Joe Biden to jump on - a political grand-stand to catapult their careers into a spotlight of "truth, justice and the American way"

when - really - all they are doing are busting a few underground labs here and there... no one really serving a ton of time over this - most are getting probation or time served... and the amount of money involved in the investigations, arrests, prosecutions - is staggering.

So - there is your answer - sorry I got a big long-winded... I do that at time to time... but this is an issue that really pisses me off - and it is the REAL reason that steroids are a target... because they are an EASY target...

1. Small amount of voters actually USE steroids
2. Large amounts of voters have children and are ignorant - scared of drugs harming their kids.
3. The government can do little or no work and make it look like it has rid the world of Satan himself.

Excellent post.

ANABOLIC1
05-09-2009, 09:27 AM
all this shit in a country where guns are free!

I have an arsenal of both guns and anabolics...