PDA

View Full Version : Cortisol and bottled water.

Chomyboy
02-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Have any of you heard that drinking water from plastic bottles raices your cortisol, is this for real or just some enviorment crap for people to stop using plastic bottles?

Taylor Normandeau
02-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Did Al Gore tell you this?

Womanthrower
02-12-2009, 10:33 PM
I do know that bottled water can fuck a fellow up, depending on the plastic. There was a recall a while ago on some types of bottles because the plastic was contaminating the water. There's also a lot of hippie conjecture that ALL plastic bottles will contaminate the contents. I don't know if that's backed by fact or not, but it wont stop me from buying Evian.

Chomyboy
02-12-2009, 10:33 PM
not directly but maybe he started it

musclegoddess65
02-12-2009, 10:34 PM
hell I rinse mine out and refill them...

Chomyboy
02-12-2009, 10:36 PM
thats what I do as well, can last more than a week with my same bottle and then MS. knowitall in the gym starts telling me how their bad for you and bla bla bla

philborg
02-12-2009, 10:36 PM
The funny thing is, whenever someone tells me I am going to die from drinking out of plastic water bottles, they are eating a donut or smoking a cigarette, I guess those are fine.

philborg
02-12-2009, 10:37 PM
hell I rinse mine out and refill them...

Yeah, I use the same one for a few days and I feel fine.

musclegoddess65
02-12-2009, 10:38 PM
The funny thing is, whenever someone tells me I am going to die from drinking out of plastic water bottles, they are eating a donut or smoking a cigarette, I guess those are fine.

OMG the irony!!!

musclegoddess65
02-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I use the same one for a few days and I feel fine.

i'd rather have died from refilling my plastic bottle then cigs and donuts!

JWolfe
02-12-2009, 10:42 PM

That must be the same guy that talks about how steroids are so bad.

ritch
02-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Raising coritisol? I think stressing the fact that drinking bottled water rasing cortisol will raise your cortisol more than drinking bottled water itself. Just rinse it out, don`t use it for more than a week tops. If it stinks when you open it...

DOIT
02-12-2009, 11:31 PM
I just realized that I have been refilling the same dasani bottle for over a week. I am retiring as of now. Damn time flies

Spauldo
02-12-2009, 11:53 PM
I never drink out of bottle water. So I wouldnt know how that would effect my levels. But I do know stress makes that fucker go up

AdolfOliverBush
02-13-2009, 01:33 AM
Did Al Gore tell you this?

lmao

jacshelb
02-13-2009, 01:40 AM

I got a "lesson" on nutrition from my friend telling me how diet pop will kill you. At the time I was training for a competition and around 6% bodyfat. He is 6' even, 330 + lbs and was chugging on a 2 liter of mountain dew straight from the bottle at the same time as telling me this- while paused during his World of Warcraft game, no joke. Can you spell delusional? D-E-...

Bacon Boy
02-16-2009, 01:33 PM
the whole mix up comes from the plastics composition, it is perfectly fine as long as you don't plan on using the same container for more than say 2-3 months, but i wouldn't worry about raising cortisol, i would worry about estrogen from plastic overuse, if it comes out from microwaves it can be released from everyday use over and extended period of time, using something designed for long term use like a nalgene bottle or regular squirt bottle would be fine or once a disposable container is old, and disgusting (like when you can see through your once opaque jug) recycle it and use a new container...

mr.genetics
02-16-2009, 01:39 PM
I haven't heard anything about cortisol, but I have heard something about estrogen. Apparently the plastic mimics estrogen or something to that effect. When they told people to use metal instead, they then found out that the metal water bottles leached metals into the water, so your best bet is glass.

Shariff Abel
04-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Big time Racist no shit !! even on the Radio shows and Its not international Friendly .