PDA

View Full Version : this is what bikini should look like

tammyp
04-21-2009, 08:27 AM
Mariza Prince, Gaspari model, won the Europa overall bikini last weekend. IMO this is what IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE! your thoughts?

GirlyMuscle
04-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Agreed.

That's the look my sister wants. I think this new class could bring new women to the iron game.

stephaniewicked
04-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Exactly!

-BLP-
04-21-2009, 10:17 AM
not impresive enough i think more alicia marie or kyla mcgrath

hulk7280
04-21-2009, 10:25 AM
actually i think the girl who got 2nd and third looked better..

GirlyMuscle
04-21-2009, 10:33 AM
not impresive enough i think more alicia marie or kyla mcgrath
Nah. Still too much muscle and too toned. I think bikini probably shouldn't even have defined abs. Just a hint of abs but not sharp ones. I also don't think they should have the capped delts. It blurs the lines between figure and bikini.

Tammy, you're a judge. What do you think?

hulk7280
04-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Nah. Still too much muscle and too toned. I think bikini probably shouldn't even have defined abs. Just a hint of abs but not sharp ones. I also don't think they should have the capped delts. It blurs the lines between figure and bikini.

i talked to a judge about bikini..

the look they are going for is a girl who looks like she doesnt workout, but toned..

GirlyMuscle
04-21-2009, 10:36 AM

the look they are going for is a girl who looks like she doesnt workout, but toned..Exactly. I think of swimwear catalog models when I think of bikini class.

Taken from www.venus.com

http://image.venusswimwear.com/is/image/Venus/V11692359SEW.13?$Medium200X280$

BigJD69
04-21-2009, 10:52 AM
I LOVE Marzia!!! She's a HOTTY!!!!

-BLP-
04-21-2009, 10:59 AM

yeah a bit tone n muscle but not like figure... i see bikini 8-7 % BF , figure 6% BF , FBB 5% BF , bikini like jennifer nicole lee or mellissa hall http://www.melissahallfitness.com/press.html , amatuer bikini might be off but on national n world level it will be something i really love bikini , it natural , they cardio n diet hard 6-8 weeks without clen , var , t3 like figure girls i know some figure genetic gift not use drug but all figure competive girl i know in the figure world did..

stephaniewicked
04-21-2009, 11:06 AM

the look they are going for is a girl who looks like she doesnt workout, but toned..

:confused: Doesn't work out??

Personally, I like the looks of Alicia Marie and Jamie Eason... If it were possible to look like Laura Harris (BodySpace's "ChickenTuna") then that is ultimately what I would love for myself... The whole not working out thing is a mind trip though. I can't see someone succeeding without being dedicated to a fit and healthy lifestyle that included weight lifting (not just cardio).

GirlyMuscle
04-21-2009, 11:09 AM
:confused: Doesn't work out??

Personally, I like the looks of Alicia Marie and Jamie Eason... If it were possible to look like Laura Harris (BodySpace's "ChickenTuna") then that is ultimately what I would love for myself... The whole not working out thing is a mind trip though. I can't see someone succeeding without being dedicated to a fit and healthy lifestyle that included weight lifting (not just cardio).I think they mean it figuratively not literally. They work out and train but are much softer. I've seen ChickenTuna and while she looks great I think she's way to ripped to be bikini.

stephaniewicked
04-21-2009, 11:13 AM
I think they mean it figuratively not literally. They work out and train but are much softer. I've seen ChickenTuna and while she looks great I think she's way to ripped to be bikini.

I agree with you... Ultimately, I'm striving for a look that's between bikini and figure but since it doesn't exist in the NPC, I'm trying my hand at bikini. I've been dieting and training hard for 16 weeks so I take it personally when people assume or insinuate the bikini girls are sitting back and taking it easy (in comparison to the other athletes). Maybe some are, but not this chica!

That just motivates me to train hard and lift heavier when this is all over, so it's good to see what the standards are shaping up to be.

-BLP-
04-21-2009, 11:13 AM
" the look they are going for is a girl who looks like she doesnt workout, but toned.. "

men, that could not be possible.. never... instead of the malnourish , skinny frail runway model, young girls would have finally a commercial look to aim for, healthy , active , it better being 17 wanabee alicia marie then kate moss , it will have positive repercussion on the long run, IFBB or not, it about money and in that field believe me, money wont missing

GirlyMuscle
04-21-2009, 11:17 AM
I want to throw something out there but before I do let me preface it with this. In no way am I saying bikini woman aren't in shape or that they do not work hard. I am not attacking.

If bikini competitor are supposed to not have much muscle then doesn't that come down to dieting and cardio mostly? I mean you can only do two things to a muscle...build it up or tear it down. There is no "tone." So doesn't bikini come down to just being thin?

stephaniewicked
04-21-2009, 11:24 AM
I don't think you're attacking GM...

Like BLP said, it seems healthier if young girls were to look up to role models like Alicia Marie, rather than the skinny or sometimes boney/emaciated look. A lot of times people say they want to look "toned" but don't realize that lifting weights is a great way to achieve the look they desire... not crash dieting (in the unhealthy sense - not the bodybuilding/figure definition of dieting) and hours of cardio.

I don't know. Maybe I'm being too sensitive, which could be the case... I'm craving some damn sugar and I still have 4 days to go! So don't mind me... carry on! :p

GirlyMuscle
04-21-2009, 11:31 AM
I think you're fine. We're just having a conversation. :)

I agree with young girls needing better role models. You know, one problem is that we are so used to seeing muscle that we forget that "civilians" aren't use to muscle. Even a figure competitor is too much for most people outside of the fitness industry. I think bikini has the potential to bring new people into the fitness arena if it doesn't get too lean or too muscular.

And once we get them (newbies, teens) in the door, we got them! Our views and tastes change as we progress. When I started I wanted the Rachel McLish body. Now I want Bev Francis. So if we could get girls interested in bikini they may well get hungry for more and want to be the next Alicia Marie.

Skeptic
04-21-2009, 12:00 PM
I have to admit I'm amazed. Instead of debating what a bikini person should look like, you should be stomping the heads of the idiots who dreamed up this crap in the first place. Once it's entrenched it'll be tougher to get out that an Alabama tick. This is evil and it needs to be stopped.

JVALDEZ
04-21-2009, 12:10 PM
Mariza Prince, Gaspari model, won the Europa overall bikini last weekend. IMO this is what IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE! your thoughts?

YUP!! My wife loved her look in her adds and know shes going to get to compete with her!

JohnnyMuscles
04-21-2009, 01:38 PM
I agree 1000% Marzia def got the look. She won Miss Bikini Universe in 2007 and I would not be surprised if she was the first IFBB pro in Bikini.

GirlyMuscle
04-21-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm actually not against bikini. I understand what they are trying to do with it. The only thing I don't think will work is that shows are already FULL of girls in high heels. How much can we watch in one show?

tammyp
04-21-2009, 03:23 PM

100% right now.thinks playboy model.

SadFatty
04-21-2009, 03:30 PM
I liked the look of the bikini winners at the Arnold! I want to look more like them! The overall looked more fit to me than this girl. I want to look a bit more fit! By the way I am almost at my first goal weight!!

SadFatty
04-21-2009, 03:33 PM
I like the Jamie Eason look! My bum could never be that small though.

Angela123
04-21-2009, 03:38 PM
I think that is a bad pic of her...bad angle. I've seen other pix of her..that I have liked...but that pic makes her waist look thick and blocky. it appears to go straight into her legs. I think bikini should be about natural genetic structure...with a tiny waist being very important.

I like Jvaldez's wife's look better. Very tiny waist. Curves into her hips.

In reference to Alicia Marie...she is a figure pro now, right? Or she got damn close to it in 08. Her look is too much for bikini. 5 yrs ago, yes, she was what bikini was...but bikini sees to even have toned it down.

tammyp
04-21-2009, 03:59 PM
alicia is a pro now yes.

sba220
04-22-2009, 12:33 AM

This is what IT should look like. And personally I dont care what IT is if it looks like this.

Angela123
04-22-2009, 12:44 AM
How is she any different than the woman who won the overall at the AC? Alli..the UFC ring girl. I can't think of her full name. I just saw her on TV on Fri..she looked good in her little UFC outfit. But anyway...Alli looked just as good on stage if you ask me.

-BLP-
04-22-2009, 12:50 AM
most oxygen cover girl are too me bikini... i dont see confusion

simple lenda murray / bodybuilder ... jenny lynn / figure ... jennifer nicole lee like in the last boring MD bikini

stephaniewicked
04-22-2009, 01:01 AM
You know, one problem is that we are so used to seeing muscle that we forget that "civilians" aren't use to muscle. Even a figure competitor is too much for most people outside of the fitness industry.

True. I do forget that actually, so you bring up a good point. When I show some of my friends pics of Jamie Eason and others that I admire, they make disgusted faces. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I can't think of a single friend who's body I would want to trade places with so it goes to prove that adage, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

SadFatty
04-22-2009, 01:01 AM
How is she any different than the woman who won the overall at the AC? Alli..the UFC ring girl. I can't think of her full name. I just saw her on TV on Fri..she looked good in her little UFC outfit. But anyway...Alli looked just as good on stage if you ask me.
I agree with you. I liked the Arnold girl way better!

-BLP-
04-22-2009, 01:13 AM
well maybe some who dont workout per say will compete but will never make it to national level .. bikini , even here in canada is drama already first ever ifbb bikini contest 19 september in hamilton which is weird because 2 hour away WBFF paul dillet federation has is pro world championship of fitness model on the same day .... now the OPA want to ban from ifbb any bikini contender goin in th WBFF , wow , special isnt...

Ibarramedia
04-22-2009, 01:59 AM
http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp360/ibarramedia1/Holly%20Schrader%2021%20Year%20Old%20Figure%20Comp etitor/bikinionstage7.jpg

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp360/ibarramedia1/Holly%20Schrader%2021%20Year%20Old%20Figure%20Comp etitor/bikinibackstage.jpg

This is Holly Schrader. My idea of a bikini girl.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm87/johncastro1/275847865_050cdcb73d.jpg

I don't know her name but she is a regular bikini contestant that you find at the beach and such. She could do well. I don't know if there is a difference from the bikini that comes from the femuscle/femphysique categories because the lines are so blurred. Maybe someone can explain that to me.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm87/johncastro1/Marisa%20Miller/201475912_4b82aa2263_o.jpg

This is Marisa Miller. She is a Sports Illustrated swimwear model and Victoria's Secret model. She used to play sports and is a self confessed 'tomboy'. She used to be bigger in older photos, I guess they made her lose some size. She too could be a 'bikini' competitor. she seems to have some semblance of abs in this picture.

The Big Sexy
04-22-2009, 02:00 AM
Some of the judges here in SoCal have said they want "NO MUSCLE" for bikini - it's the distinction... figure - muscle, bikini - no muscle - but no fat...

Basically, a T/A fest... go figure.

I mean - there has to be a line... yeah?

tflexxin
04-22-2009, 01:12 PM
actually i think the girl who got 2nd and third looked better..

Yup. Marzia is hot, but won this one based on name recognition. #2 was better all over.

ms.karen
04-22-2009, 01:23 PM

Speaking of that...(I mentioned this in another thread). I attended the Ronnie Coleman Classic this past weekend, and the girl that won 1st place in Class D also won 1st place in the tall Bikini division. The 4th place Figure girl in Class D looked like she should have won 1st. I have NO IDEA what they're looking for these days. I certainly hope its not going to turn out like last year where the "look" changed from contest to contest, and the whole season got screwed up! :confused:

SallyAnne
04-22-2009, 01:36 PM
YUP!! My wife loved her look in her adds and know shes going to get to compete with her!

I think your wife is exactly what bikini should look like. My personal opinion is that she looks better than Mariza.

Sledge
04-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Holly Schrader got some quads going on there. She should try Bodybuilding. She's doing ok in the calf and pec department too.

JVALDEZ
04-22-2009, 03:41 PM
I think your wife is exactly what bikini should look like. My personal opinion is that she looks better than Mariza.

Thanks sallyanne, headed to the cal next then off to the jr usa's!! Az is in the house!!

Ibarramedia
04-22-2009, 06:43 PM
Holly Schrader got some quads going on there. She should try Bodybuilding. She's doing ok in the calf and pec department too.

Holly is a figure competitor that gave bikini a try. She tried to lose some muscle for the contest. I think she is going back to figure. I do agree that she should give bodybuilding a try.

Ibarramedia
04-22-2009, 06:44 PM
Holly is also only 21....

Northman
04-22-2009, 06:46 PM

Your wife has hella a rack.

-BLP-
04-22-2009, 06:48 PM
that my gf .. she do squat , cardio n low carbs on hydroxycut

Northman
04-22-2009, 07:18 PM
that my gf .. she do squat , cardio n low carbs on hydroxycut

She also has great rack genes.

-BLP-
04-22-2009, 07:22 PM
She also has great rack genes.

Not gene , cohesive gel implant soft has real you cant tel or feel

JVALDEZ
04-22-2009, 09:58 PM
your wife has hella a rack.
lol thanks bro! Thats #2!!!!!

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
04-28-2009, 01:57 PM
True. I do forget that actually, so you bring up a good point. When I show some of my friends pics of Jamie Eason and others that I admire, they make disgusted faces. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I can't think of a single friend who's body I would want to trade places with so it goes to prove that adage, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".
I never thought Jamie Eason looked bad. I love her figure.

stephaniewicked
04-28-2009, 02:47 PM

Exactly. My friends have bad taste! :p

MsGuns
04-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Yup. Marzia is hot, but won this one based on name recognition. #2 was better all over.

really you think she WON cause of her name...WOW

Skeptic
04-28-2009, 09:13 PM

Jamie was good pre-op, is good post-op. Sexy AND cute enough to take home to gramma. Mmmmmmmmmm Jamie.

SallyAnne
04-28-2009, 10:32 PM
really you think she WON cause of her name...WOW

I think people are still getting used to the softer, less muscular look that is rewarded in bikini. (It's a hard for me to grasp as well. I love the firmer, muscular physiques.)

esplendido
04-28-2009, 10:51 PM

Looks like she's done too much benching.....

RDFinders
04-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Speaking of that...(I mentioned this in another thread). I attended the Ronnie Coleman Classic this past weekend, and the girl that won 1st place in Class D also won 1st place in the tall Bikini division. The 4th place Figure girl in Class D looked like she should have won 1st. I have NO IDEA what they're looking for these days. I certainly hope its not going to turn out like last year where the "look" changed from contest to contest, and the whole season got screwed up! :confused:
i was there too and was very surprised by the choice in having a bikini class winner win a figure class. the lines are not being defined clearly.

~gymdiva~
04-28-2009, 11:01 PM

hahahaha and I'll ask the same thing I did in that thread! why was a crossover allowed? was that rule for national level shows only?

JVALDEZ
04-29-2009, 12:47 AM
Looks like she's done too much benching.....
If its mariza you mean maybe, if its my wife just up to 700cc's!!!...lol

BadBoy
04-29-2009, 06:47 PM
True. I do forget that actually, so you bring up a good point. When I show some of my friends pics of Jamie Eason and others that I admire, they make disgusted faces.
Cute face, but she's got the body of a 10-year-old boy with implants.

Easily the most overrated 'name' in the fitness bidness.

Honour
05-03-2009, 12:29 AM
Such a hot topic this..... in more ways than one:popcorn:

All I know is that all the girls pictured here are beautiful :bowdown: , just comes down to what the judges are looking for on the day........oh and it would be good if they could let the girls know what that is as well i guess ;).

palomino
05-04-2009, 03:47 PM
I hope they dont start overdoing the bikini 'no muscle' standard and turn it into a bunch of emaciated skeletons like that Australia chick. GACK!
I really like the look of more muscle!