PDA

View Full Version : Post Chemotherapy test replacement?

epic75
04-21-2009, 11:33 AM
Hey everyone, this is my first post so sorry if this question is in the wrong forum! I have been competeing for around 10 yrs, but last year in April I was diagnosed with stage 2 testicular cancer 4 days out from a rather large contest in my area. The treatment included removing the tumor (and lefty!!) as well as 3 cycles of BEP Chemo. I have been in remission for a few months and the docs say the chance of recurrance is very low. The problem is my test levels came back at under 200 and the docs seem very unwilling to script me anything! Does anyone know weather the use of anabolics could elevate the chances of the cancer coming back???? I am incredibly frustrated, havn't been able to train in over a year, and am experiencing all the typical symptoms, both physical and psychological of low testosterone. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Mr X
04-21-2009, 11:46 AM
I cant offer advice on your situation but dam I feel for ya, welcome to RX.

There's some good people on here that will help you out I'm sure.

RealLilSwole
04-21-2009, 06:47 PM
I am an oncology nurse. I don't see why taking test would increase your risk of the cancer coming back. First, how old are you, and second, what type of cancer was it. For instance, was it germ cell?

Tatyana
04-21-2009, 06:55 PM
I am an oncology nurse. I don't see why taking test would increase your risk of the cancer coming back. First, how old are you, and second, what type of cancer was it. For instance, was it germ cell?

As far as I am aware, testicular cancers typically don't grow in response to testosterone (unlike breast cancers that can grow in response to oestrogen).

You may have to see an endocrinologist and/or oncologist to get a prescription, GPs probably don't feel confident enough to do this.