PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice :)

BojanN
04-21-2009, 11:48 AM
hi everyone :wavey:
was hoping to get some advice with regards to my nutrition :)
im 70kgs 9% bf looking to put on another few kilos :)
this is where my nutrition stands :

breakfast whey protein shake 25g then an hour later when im actually awake :D i eat 100g of oats, a banana, some nuts and about 4 eggs

2-3 hours later whey shake

2-3 hours later meal - 2 or 3 chicken breasts with avo oil , 4 slices of bread

2 hours later a shake and then an hour later i take universal Shock Therapy
then i gym, Universal storm intra and whey shake post

1 hour after gym i have a whole food meal - 2-3 chicken breasts nuts and bread with peanut butter

another whole food meal

before bed i have a shake with mac oil (1.5 tbl spoons)

i get about 210grams protein, 100grams essential fats and 300g carbs

am i doing anything wrong or anything i should add to that ? :)

im looking to add some lean muscle so far this diet has been working wel :)

bringingthehuge
04-21-2009, 03:14 PM
i would suggest u have a 50g shake with some sort of fast acting carbohydrate when u first wake up to spike your insulin and break your overnight fast

BojanN
04-21-2009, 03:47 PM
i would suggest u have a 50g shake with some sort of fast acting carbohydrate when u first wake up to spike your insulin and break your overnight fast

i actually tried that :) went and bought dextrose, had about 40grams of dextrose carbs and had that with the whey shake as a pwo shake :) the sugar felt like it chilled in my stomach, wasnt a nice feeling and not one i want to have when i wake up :) wana try waxy, cheaper than vitargo, goes down easier and works just as well :) but i dont know if i want it, to be honest, wil it be THAT beneficial to me? im thinking its more of a luxury than a necessity ? :)

thx for the advice tho, much appreciated :)

meatheadio
04-21-2009, 04:49 PM
With body fat that low and a calorie intake of 3000 at 70kg im guessing you're a hardgainer?
Start with protein, as this is the basis for all improvement. When you dont take in enough total energy your body will metabolise protein/amino acids to use as energy to preserve fat in the body.
Genereal recommendations for ectomorphs range from 1.5-2.0gm per pound of body weight. For you this would be 231-308gm per day. Start at the lower end and work your way up until you find the right number for you.
Carbohydrates and fat are both sources of energy. As an ectomorph you need to ensure you not only have enough energy coming into spare protein, but provide enough additional energy for growth. Without excess caloires you cannot grow new tissue of any kind!
Minimum carb intake for ectomorph is 2g/lb of body weight (308gm day for you). You are just under the minimum amount so slowly raise you intake as high as necessary to gain weight- eg- go to 2.5 (385gm per day), then if you are still not gaining any weight after a week go up again.
Your fat intake looks fine with a good range of sources.
Your workout nutrition is important, but if you had to one thing to make you grow it would be taking in enough TOTAL energy. The best workout nutrition in the world wont make you grow if you aren't in caloires overload.
For workout nutrition id recommend 30g WPI and 50g waxymaize pre and post workout mixed in about 500ml of water. This mixture empties from the stomach very quickly and usually leaves you starving 30 minutes after ingestion(which is great for those requiring large amounts of food to gain size).
Let me know if you have any other q's.
It also wouldn't hurt to throw in a refeed day once a week where you raise you carb intake up to 1.5-2.0x what you normally take in. On this day dont be scared to have a 'cheat meal' such as a burger and fries to get some extra fat/energy and sodium.
Best of luck.

SoxFan11
04-25-2009, 01:21 AM

i actually tried that :) went and bought dextrose, had about 40grams of dextrose carbs and had that with the whey shake as a pwo shake :) the sugar felt like it chilled in my stomach, wasnt a nice feeling and not one i want to have when i wake up :) wana try waxy, cheaper than vitargo, goes down easier and works just as well :) but i dont know if i want it, to be honest, wil it be THAT beneficial to me? im thinking its more of a luxury than a necessity ? :)

thx for the advice tho, much appreciated :)

The whey itself will act as an insulinotropic. Though its effects would be greater with a moderate to high GI carb source. If your stomach can't take dextrose (trust me, you're NOT alone), I'd suggest something like watermelon or cantaloupe. Or, my favorite, Pom juice (no sugar added, of course).

MiniHercules
06-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Hey Im New To The whole weight training thing and i am looking to increase size and strength , What Would You Class As A gd Diet ? Work Out ? And best supplement ?