PDA

View Full Version : Coffee

Por2gue
04-21-2009, 07:00 PM
How many of you drink it, or need it every morning? If so, how do you drink it and how much in a day do you drink?

bleckrocks
04-21-2009, 08:55 PM
How many of you drink it, or need it every morning? If so, how do you drink it and how much in a day do you drink?

It is the first thing i think of when i awake.
Offseason: instant, strong, with approx 2TBSP of non dairy creamer
(powder) and two splendas.
I right now first thing before i eat. That quickly changes with prep.
I eat first, then have a cup usually plain and it just polishes off my meal

I use coffee to make me feel full, dont like being weighed down by food.
So midday i will have another, cant say exactly how much caffeine i am
ingesting , i know i have it strong though.
I quite having to much a long time ago because it did hinder my appetite.

Offseason Poor Mans Mocha:
1 TBSP of instant columbian
3 TBSP of non dairy powder
half a packet of sugar free coco
2 splendas

prep time, obviously i dont do this, and usually six weeks out my stomache is very sensitive, it always seems to hurt, so i switch to Tea, its the warmth i am after, and the extra boost.

not sure if this is the answer u looking for, but i do love coffee it can make my day lol

figurebre
04-21-2009, 09:24 PM
I drink 2 big cups of coffee every morning.
And I drink another cup when I am at work.

antonbrn
04-21-2009, 11:07 PM
I drink 2-3 cups plain nearly every morning and it's good.:)

stephaniewicked
04-21-2009, 11:30 PM
YES!!

I like it with 4 tsp of Coffeemate's SF French Vanilla and a packet of splenda.

I drink a cup every morning with breakfast and sometimes if I need another mid-day, I'll have one. I try to drink tea if I'm going to go for another hot beverage, but sometimes I can't help but to want that damn coffee... I only started drinking it regularly a few months ago. Until then, I didn't get the whole "don't talk to me until I've had my coffee" thing that people had going on... Now I'm one of them!

Lee Penman
04-21-2009, 11:51 PM
I have two extremely weak cups every morning. I really don't like the taste but a little caffeine is a good thing in the morning!

Por2gue
04-22-2009, 12:55 AM
Thanks all, my wife hates black coffee, and has been thinking of trying to go without it.
She is trying to tweak her diet a bit, and thought maybe the cream and splendas were hindering her progress. She is having trouble with that last bit of fat, but really truly has not been on track lately with some family and business issues we're going through right now. Here is a pic of her, I've posted it before, but not in here. She is pretty tiny,103lbs, but still carries some extra fat in the midsection and glutes. These are her two main goals to fix this year. I appreciate all your responses, Thanks.

tammyp
04-22-2009, 06:08 AM
i do 1 big one everyday w/ a splenda and a bash of SF creamer. i dont ever ditch the creamer, its a t spoon..like 10 cals.

tight booty
04-22-2009, 06:15 AM
I love coffee but have cut back to only 2-3 per week.

Mr X
04-22-2009, 06:45 AM
I'm still amazed that such an ugly bastard such as Por2gue got such a babe as a wife.

Skeptic
04-22-2009, 08:31 AM
One big-assed coffee a day with half/n/half cream and stevia.

The rest of the day is green tea or jasmine tea.

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showpost.php?p=166062&postcount=22

Tatyana
04-22-2009, 08:39 AM
I drink coffee, latte, cappucino with 1% milk in the offseason, skim milk on season, probably about four every day.

It actually improves both physical and mental functioning, helps to prevent DOMs.

GirlyMuscle
04-22-2009, 09:15 AM
I drink coffe every morning. Splenda and non-dairy powdered creamer. Not sure what I'll do for the whitener when I start contest prep. Some said vanilla protein powder but it's just not the same. I will switch to stevia then too.

Skeptic
04-22-2009, 09:39 AM
It actually improves both physical and mental functioning, helps to prevent DOMs.

It also keeps some of us up at night. :mad: My wife can't even look at coffee cake or she'll be up until 4:00 AM.

To each their own.

Por2gue
04-22-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm still amazed that such an ugly bastard such as Por2gue got such a babe as a wife.

Love you too man!:D I held a gun to her head with the ring actually.:D

Sounds like the coffee is not that big a deal then as long as the creamer is proper and minimal sweetener. She is most likely more off on her diet than the coffee being much of an issue. Thanks!

sassy69
04-22-2009, 02:48 PM
The coffee we have at work, despite being Starbucks, IMO is just brutally acidic and smells burnt all the time. So I grind my own hazelnut beans at home and then fill a big travel cup to bring to work. So I basically have 2 standard-size cups of coffee in the morning. I think its more about having that little flavored treat to start my day off. Otherwise I tend to drink diet coke after noon. If I do start getting really hungry way before the next scheduled meal, I'll get a cup of coffee + 1 splenda to sort of kill my hunger for a little bit.

Por2gue
04-22-2009, 02:57 PM
The coffee we have at work, despite being Starbucks, IMO is just brutally acidic and smells burnt all the time. So I grind my own hazelnut beans at home and then fill a big travel cup to bring to work. So I basically have 2 standard-size cups of coffee in the morning. I think its more about having that little flavored treat to start my day off. Otherwise I tend to drink diet coke after noon. If I do start getting really hungry way before the next scheduled meal, I'll get a cup of coffee + 1 splenda to sort of kill my hunger for a little bit.
Is this also during prep?

sassy69
04-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Yep. The only time I'd start to worry about the coffee is during the last 2 weeks where water manipulation becomes important.

Por2gue
04-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Gotcha, thanks!

Mr X
04-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Love you too man!:D I held a gun to her head with the ring actually.:D

I totally believe ya, that or you slipped her a little something in her drink. ;)

Bob Smith Jr.
04-24-2009, 09:28 AM
i try to stick to my fat burner, xenadrine, which has 300mg caffeine per 3 pills. I usually take 2 pills in the morning and i'm good. If I'm really dragging ass at work or something, I'll take another one then...

NPCfigure
04-24-2009, 08:38 PM
LOVE MY COFFEE!!! I have 2 cups before the gym. Then depending, I may have a sugar free redbull when I get to gym.

On my way to work, I hit up Dunkin for that last cup to get me through y shift!

I drink mine with the FF creamer by Coffee Mate (hazlenut) when I am about 4 wks out fro contest...just blk coffee

RDFinders
04-24-2009, 09:24 PM
LOVE MY COFFEE!!! I have 2 cups before the gym. Then depending, I may have a sugar free redbull when I get to gym.

I drink mine with the FF creamer by Coffee Mate (hazlenut) when I am about 4 wks out fro contest...just blk coffee
hey there chic. everything work out?

i have up to 2 16 oz cups. i usually make my coffee so strong that a spoon can stand up in it from all the caffeine. and i take mine black - no creamer, no sweetener -to me that ruins it.

Por2gue
04-24-2009, 09:24 PM

With those two cups in the morning, due you have any sweetener, or just the flavored creamer? I know Dave says to use Stevia while on his diet because the Splenda is basically carbs. My wife is on her first week of Dave's diet, she is still cranky...lol.

muscles_1976
04-27-2009, 03:01 PM
maybe she can use a little bit of heavy cream? and count is as her fat? if she is not competing...........

there is only 5 g fat and less than 1 carb in a Tablespoon, and usually I can use about 1/2 T---and I like it light! so ditch 1 yolk with the morning breakfast and have the cream instead

HeavyDutyGuy
04-27-2009, 03:27 PM
I love my coffee. Mostly black, sometimes splenda and creamer. I also favor Americanos and occasional latte, or just espresso shots. Russian coffee is the bomb.

stephaniewicked
04-27-2009, 04:30 PM
I can't drink mine black. I tried so hard, but just couldn't do it.

I like sweetener, even with flavored creamer...1 packet of splenda with 3-4 tsp of SF coffeemate does the trick for me!

Por2gue
04-28-2009, 03:40 AM
maybe she can use a little bit of heavy cream? and count is as her fat? if she is not competing...........

there is only 5 g fat and less than 1 carb in a Tablespoon, and usually I can use about 1/2 T---and I like it light! so ditch 1 yolk with the morning breakfast and have the cream instead
Good advice, Thanks!

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
04-29-2009, 02:13 PM
I like mine black and strong. Sometimes i'll put xylitol in it. Yummy!!!!!

Cafe americanos from starbucks are good mixed with cookies and cream protein powder. Off season I'll drink the americanos in my protein pre workout instead of water or milk.
Just about any flavor is good, but I'm partial to cookies and cream.

Valerie Haines
04-29-2009, 08:23 PM
I drink LOTS of coffee....DAILY! I do splenda and that's it

NPCfigure
04-30-2009, 12:54 PM
hey there chic. everything work out?

i have up to 2 16 oz cups. i usually make my coffee so strong that a spoon can stand up in it from all the caffeine. and i take mine black - no creamer, no sweetener -to me that ruins it.

work out how??:confused:

NPCfigure
04-30-2009, 12:58 PM
With those two cups in the morning, due you have any sweetener, or just the flavored creamer? I know Dave says to use Stevia while on his diet because the Splenda is basically carbs. My wife is on her first week of Dave's diet, she is still cranky...lol.

I do use the stevia. It actually helped me cut down on sweet and low and equal, and then cut it out completely. I use 2 stevia pks with it...but I COULD drink it without using the FF creamer. I just like sweet things..:)

Im 10 weeks out now, so I am down to skim milk....miss my creamer! I'll be crying when it becomes just black:(

exit2010
04-30-2009, 01:06 PM
My wife gets the double shot espresso on ice daily.

Jodie
04-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Venti SF Carmel or SF French Vanilla Coffee no cream, 4 sweet n lows.

If at home....black with sweet n low only, and usually half the damn pot.

KBigz81
04-30-2009, 05:29 PM
I actually just started drinking coffee on the contest prep I'm on. I'm on Dave's diet and for some reason I started craving it a couple weeks ago. I'm only a few days out, I cut my fat burner last week so I need caffeine badly!

JohnnyMuscles
04-30-2009, 09:35 PM
I don’t like coffee personally but I love sugar free Red Bull! Lol

dvsness
05-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Black like my heart. :D If I'm using a stimulant supplement (fatburner) at the time, I skip coffee. If not, one or 2 a day. I love iced coffee.

antonbrn
05-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Has anyone ever tried Turkish coffee? It taste great and has alot of caffeine.

Por2gue
05-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Has anyone ever tried Turkish coffee? It taste great and has alot of caffeine.
Not I, but sounds nice, I love caffeine.

ms_moneypenny
05-03-2009, 09:34 AM
i have 2-3 black/day. but off season...it's a double-double (what can i say...I'm canadian eh?)