PDA

View Full Version : jalapeņo pineapple steak tips.

needtogetaas
04-21-2009, 07:10 PM
jalapeņo pineapple steak tips.
Ingredients:
2 cups pineapple juice
1 cup jalapeņo juice (I get it from caned jalapeņos)
1 table spoon salt
2 table spoons pepper
2 table spoons garlic powder
1/4 cup diet root beer.
3 lbs steak tips
Directions:
Place all ingredients in a large bowl mix and let set in fridge, for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours. Broil or grill till desired doneness.

SallyAnne
04-21-2009, 07:14 PM
diet root beer? that's an interesting combination, need2. I'm going to give this a try. I'm guessing the pineapple juice also helps to tenderize the steak as it marinates...?

needtogetaas
04-21-2009, 07:29 PM
diet root beer? that's an interesting combination, need2. I'm going to give this a try. I'm guessing the pineapple juice also helps to tenderize the steak as it marinates...?
Anything Acidic can be used to tenderize meat. Ie lemon,orange,grape fruit,and fruit like that.

Vinegar,cider,wine,and believe it or not the best tenderizers of all. DARK SODAS like coke,pepsi,Root bear,and jolt. :D

There is a reg recipe that almost every places uses. They all call it there special marinade. HA Italian dressing,BBQ sauce ,and coke or pepsi. They all use it in different variations.

Not only does it tenderize but if you totally cover the meat so its submerged completely in the stuff. The combination of ingredents keeps the meat good for weeks. And its dirt cheap to.

needtogetaas
04-21-2009, 07:30 PM
And this one really is best if you let it sit over night and grill the tips on a open flam.

stephaniewicked
04-22-2009, 12:55 AM
And this one really is best if you let it sit over night and grill the tips on a open flam.

grilled fresh pineapple on top would make it oh-soooo-good! I wish I had a bbq and a backyard. I love grilling outdoors when the weather starts warming up!

Youngguns
04-22-2009, 01:04 AM
Dang, thanks for the tips!

Fitswim by Celeste
04-22-2009, 10:03 AM
wow! this sounds awesome - thanks need2

needtogetaas
04-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Anytime guys. If you need a recipe just send me a pm. Anything non healthy can be made healthy. I mean well almost anything. It be kind of hard coming up with a health deep fried twinky recipe.

Youngguns
04-23-2009, 07:32 PM
^^ Come on, you can do it! lol

Diggy
05-02-2009, 03:09 AM
recipe sounds sexy as hell