PDA

View Full Version : "Estrogen Rebound" -- for women

sassy69
02-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Leigh - What's your take on the effects of "estrogen rebound" when coming off something like Nolvadex for contest prep? Assume nothing aggressive, just the 8 or fewer weeks that widely recommended by Anabolics 200x, Dave, many others.. and then coming off. I think it is hard for people to quantify the impact of it when combined w/ all the other post-show rebound effects, but for all the years I've paid attention there is somewhat of a squishy understanding of "estrogen rebound". I thinkt he typical recommendation is that women can come off AAS w/ no rebound issue, and certain do not need any PCT. Coming of something like nolvadex, the common recommendation is to do a slow ramp down for a stepwise adjustment in estrogen levels, e.g. drop the dose by 1/2 every 2 days until nothing left.

So anyway, I guess the question is, is there truly such thing as estrogen rebound, or is it just the collection of all the different rebounds from competition?

Also after coming off and the menstrual cycle picks up again, is it possible for the person to be experiencing wild mood swings (e.g PMS), water retention, weight gain afterwards? Like up to 4 months later? Normally the OB/GYN will tell you it can take up to 3 months for your cycle to settle itself after going on or changing your birth control pill. So seems like same thing coming off a SERM like nolva but for how long would one expect it? If longer than 3 months, would you suggest calling in a doc? If the person has never been on b/c before and hadn't really planned to, what would be the recommendation? A trip to the doc for testing?