PDA

View Full Version : Knee Wraps

crashcrew56
04-23-2009, 12:11 AM
What is everybody using now? What's your favorite?

crashcrew56
04-23-2009, 12:12 AM
I'll start this off

I'm using APT Convict Pro, I believe they're 2m long, I'm not sure though some dude gave them to me for free when I was in Iraq. I like them though, only the second set of knee wraps I've owned

SUMO
04-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Mine are the generic cheap stuff from Dick's Sporting goods. I think I might order up some Convicts myself.

iusealittle
04-23-2009, 02:19 PM
metal, black

robert da strongman
04-23-2009, 03:09 PM
Apt

crashcrew56
04-23-2009, 10:47 PM
Mine are the generic cheap stuff from Dick's Sporting goods. I think I might order up some Convicts myself.

I like my Convicts, I'm still getting used to wearing wraps. I probably shouldn't be using them though, they are for "advanced and serious lifters only", and I'm new to PL but not new to weightlifting though. They're good wraps though and I suggest them

realmccoy
05-02-2009, 07:30 AM
Inzer true black knee wraps

tjoe
05-02-2009, 11:03 AM
blue rehband... sometimes

Mouse
05-02-2009, 01:49 PM

I use something similar and actually prefer it. I like them to be thinner and longer than some of the real powerlifting wraps. I'm just looking for a bit of stabilization.

BrotherIron
05-03-2009, 12:09 PM
I actually don't wear any knee wraps but I've had reconstructive knee surgeries so if I can't handle the weight without them I'm not going to try it. I personally think wearing wraps weakens the area even if only wearing the wraps on lifts near maximal weight.

tjoe
05-03-2009, 02:35 PM
I actually don't wear any knee wraps but I've had reconstructive knee surgeries so if I can't handle the weight without them I'm not going to try it. I personally think wearing wraps weakens the area even if only wearing the wraps on lifts near maximal weight.yeah, I agree. My rehbands (which are knee sleeves) only get put on when doing something like a farmers walk or Conans wheel (when the ROM is very little). I think my knee started hurting a bit when I was using them for squats and front squats due to the knee sleeve not letting the patella "track" properly. That's my self diagnosis anyway. :D

BrotherIron
05-03-2009, 05:45 PM
yeah, I agree. My rehbands (which are knee sleeves) only get put on when doing something like a farmers walk or Conans wheel (when the ROM is very little). I think my knee started hurting a bit when I was using them for squats and front squats due to the knee sleeve not letting the patella "track" properly. That's my self diagnosis anyway. :D

Honestly, I agree with you that wearing a sleeve or wraps may cause complications and not allow the knee to travel as it should. I worry more about keeping my knees healthy than making my goals and if I fall a bit short it's ok. I don't plan on being in a wheelchair again. Once in my lifetime was more than enough.