PDA

View Full Version : early shitload ?

stavios
04-23-2009, 09:01 AM
I am Keto dieting right now, and I noticed that when I take my cheat meal saturday night (I don't really follow Dave's recommendation of 500 gr of carbs, it is a huge mutherfucking cheat meal that lasts 3-4 hours where I eating everything in sight until I want to puke)

usually, the day after I look like shit. Full but bloated
On monday, still full but a bit less bloated.
on tuesday and wednesday, a bit less full but pretty much all the water is gone so the looks is pretty damn good.

then, EVERY thurday morning, I wake up looking flat as a fucking board and I look like shit until I cheat again on saturday night.

so here is it, what if before the show I did a shitload wednesday night, then go back on the diet on thursday and friday. Maybe with fats slightly higher than usual.

does it make sense to you ?

gymrat9929
04-23-2009, 09:15 AM
Seems risky to me. I've always had the best luck with a moderate carb up on thursday - friday without training so my muscles suck up all the carbs and hold it as glycogen. seems like if your trying to time your shit load there are too many other variables that go into it that you can not control.

will you be training on the thursday and friday before the show like you do on mon and tuesday after your regular cheat meal? that depletes glycogen and helps with water loss ... do you see what im saying?

I wouldnt risk it honeslty. It sounds like a version of "skip loading" that your contemplating. I would read up on that if your set on doing a 4 day out shit load.

best of luck

stavios
04-23-2009, 09:18 AM
Seems risky to me. I've always had the best luck with a moderate carb up on thursday - friday without training so my muscles suck up all the carbs and hold it as glycogen. seems like if your trying to time your shit load there are too many other variables that go into it that you can not control.

will you be training on the thursday and friday before the show like you do on mon and tuesday after your regular cheat meal? that depletes glycogen and helps with water loss ... do you see what im saying?

I wouldnt risk it honeslty. It sounds like a version of "skip loading" that your contemplating. I would read up on that if your set on doing a 4 day out shit load.

best of luck

:eek:

Didn't think about that factor !!!
you are right, seems risky after reading your post :D

how is your prep going ?

Scoobysnacks
04-23-2009, 10:29 AM
take two days off after the load and test it, I have two days off back to back every week in my prep and it doesnt effect my fat loss any.

This sounds very similar of a skipload, you may want to read his article which is posted in his thread.

hulk7280
04-23-2009, 11:08 AM
when your having ur cheat meal are you having a ton of fat with it?

stavios
04-23-2009, 12:15 PM
when your having ur cheat meal are you having a ton of fat with it?

bad fat :D
like I said, it's not really a "cheat meal", I just eat junk for a good 3-4 hours before going to bed.

for example, last saturday I had

-medium pizza
-ognion rings
-cheese sticks
-lot of bread
-2 pieces of almond cake
-3 donuts
-nachos

stavios
04-23-2009, 12:17 PM
take two days off after the load and test it, I have two days off back to back every week in my prep and it doesnt effect my fat loss any.

This sounds very similar of a skipload, you may want to read his article which is posted in his thread.

yeah I always take the week-end off from the gym, maybe this week I'll cheat on friday instead of saturday and see how it goes !

buster12
04-23-2009, 12:32 PM
I like the title. lol

hulk7280
04-23-2009, 12:37 PM
bad fat :D
like I said, it's not really a "cheat meal", I just eat junk for a good 3-4 hours before going to bed.

for example, last saturday I had

-medium pizza
-ognion rings
-cheese sticks
-lot of bread
-2 pieces of almond cake
-3 donuts
-nachos

why dont u try eating food that are higher in carbs and not so much fat.. keep your fat as low as possible..

i bet you fill out more and bloat a lot less..

Scoobysnacks
04-23-2009, 01:26 PM
why dont u try eating food that are higher in carbs and not so much fat.. keep your fat as low as possible..

good advice, try this, it will also allow you to eat more carbs. Then take those two days to rest and see how you look monday.

Just get a bunch of kids cereal and have at it, lol.

Ss

Legend
04-23-2009, 01:37 PM

Agreed

billytrainer
04-23-2009, 02:30 PM
agreed, carbs for sure....LOW FAT tho. breadsticks, pasta, low fat cakes, bagels. carb dense foods, low fat...keep protein macro total the same for the day. less bloating, more digestion...& you will restore the metabolism as well w the carb feed..

stavios
04-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Ok !
it will be less fun but I'll load on pasta and bread this week, I'll tell you guys if I see a big difference :)

as long as I have bread I am ok :D

hilly
04-23-2009, 05:23 PM
yeh i find eatling lots of healthier carbs so to speak fills me out more and i seem to drop the water quicker, i tend to go for wholemeal cereals, pancakes made with oat flur, homemade flap jacks, cous cous, roasties and sweet pot wedges then healthy living desserts like cheescakes. anything low in fat thats sweet really

stavios
04-24-2009, 07:31 AM
damn it I am up 4 pounds since last friday !!!

200 lbs this morning :eek:
it's mostely glycogen I think.
I dropped my T3 intake this week to 50 mcg again, I had it too high last week and I was flat as a board tho when I weighed myself.

oh well, it's good news in the sense that I am at my leanest ever at that weigh but I still have only 5 weeks to drop to 187 !!!
(middleweight class in canada goes up to 187lbs)

here comes the veggie-protein days :(

hulk7280
04-24-2009, 08:38 AM
agreed, carbs for sure....LOW FAT tho. breadsticks, pasta, low fat cakes, bagels. carb dense foods, low fat...keep protein macro total the same for the day. less bloating, more digestion...& you will restore the metabolism as well w the carb feed..

actually i would proly cut your protien down.. maybe 50 grams or so..

High carb days are muscle sparing .. you wont have to worry aobut any muscle loss so you can lower ur protien intake..

if you keep eating the same amount of protien it could be stored as fat..

stavios
04-24-2009, 09:31 AM
actually i would proly cut your protien down.. maybe 50 grams or so..

High carb days are muscle sparing .. you wont have to worry aobut any muscle loss so you can lower ur protien intake..

if you keep eating the same amount of protien it could be stored as fat..

yeah exactly, on the refeeds I usually lower it a bit.

But proteins are already pretty low with Dave's diet base.

I am used to eat 400-500 grams of protein per day off-season so it's a huge drop !

and yeah I know, that much protein is useless, I'll modify a few things next off-season :o

gymrat9929
04-24-2009, 01:14 PM
:eek:

Didn't think about that factor !!!
you are right, seems risky after reading your post :D

how is your prep going ?

My prep is going fine so far. I start getting nervous about how lean I am at this point in the diet. Im putting down about 6 grams of sodium per day along with 2 gallons of h20 and it keeps me very watery looking. Hard to tell if im getting leaner or not ... I have to assume that I am because the diet is the same and the cardio has gone up. Its science ... I should be getting leaner:rolleyes:

Im going to lowere the sodium intake over the weekend and see how it all turns out on MOnday.

Good luck with everything!:beerbang:

Lenny
04-24-2009, 09:25 PM
My prep is going fine so far. I start getting nervous about how lean I am at this point in the diet. Im putting down about 6 grams of sodium per day along with 2 gallons of h20 and it keeps me very watery looking. Hard to tell if im getting leaner or not ... I have to assume that I am because the diet is the same and the cardio has gone up. Its science ... I should be getting leaner:rolleyes:

Im going to lowere the sodium intake over the weekend and see how it all turns out on MOnday.

Good luck with everything!:beerbang:

We need to train next week and give some honest assessments of each other. More motivation than anything my friend. The body will break thru, we can chat later. Stick it out. Keep the mind strong to keep the stress low = keep those cortisol levels in check!

bigmikecox
04-25-2009, 11:27 AM
IMO, it seems so hit or miss. Why not just stick to the foods you normally eat. If you are in shape the sunday before the show, you should look pretty much the same a week later at your show.

Lenny
04-25-2009, 08:12 PM
IMO, it seems so hit or miss. Why not just stick to the foods you normally eat. If you are in shape the sunday before the show, you should look pretty much the same a week later at your show.

Exactly....totally agree.

IronBrendan
04-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Basically a skipload...good idea.

stavios
04-26-2009, 02:02 PM
I'll have to wait a few weeks to see if

1.I actually do the show
2.if I am really THAT flat.

Right now I am not very flat, but I am starting the protein-veggies days this week to maybe this will fuck me up a bit

I have never done those before so I don't know what to expect

stavios
05-05-2009, 01:57 PM
ok so I decided I won't do the show, I was too fat for 4 weeks out (about 8%bf) and my body was going to shit.

now, I know Hulk7280 will tell me "I told you so" :D

I got back on a 4000 calories diet training 2 times per day (1 bodypart per training, I train this way so I can train quads, hams and calves in separate sessions)

macros are about 50% pro- 50%carbs-10% fat

trying insulin before workout, I want to stay under 10% for the whole off-season so I might lower the calories a bit if I get soft.

I'll keep you guys updated !

I will cheat only once a week so I should stay pretty tight for an off-season