PDA

View Full Version : AAS as necessary?

Mongdog
04-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Would you say that AAS are as, more, or not as necessary in PLing... Compared to BBing?

tjoe
04-24-2009, 02:53 PM
I would say... it depends on how far you wanna go. But as far as benefits go I would say that there are more (benefits) of AAS in PLing than there are in BBing.

With BBing it all boils down to how you look onstage, so certain drugs may be good in the off season but would not really help come show time.

With PLing however, you can't really go wrong. Test will get you bigger/stronger. Tren is great for strength, Anadrol is good for strength and typically makes you hold water (which would help a PLer as far as leverage goes) same for Dbol, Halo will increase strength with NO water retention (in case you are at the top of your weight class).

So in both PL & BB it just depends on how far you want to take things. But AAS will definately give the person a BIG advantage over a clean athlete any day.

Mongdog
04-24-2009, 04:10 PM
I did not think of it that way. I agree with you though. When I first thought of my question, My thought process was how, many athletes build large amounts of strength naturally. Many break through plateau's by switching up routines. With BBing, it seems like many athletes only get so big naturally but continue to gain strength. When it comes to advancing to national and higher level comps it becomes another ballgame for sure.

tjoe
04-24-2009, 05:05 PM
I am still natty and I figure I do OK so far. I know AAS would give me a BIG jump but I have 2 things that are hard for me to get around (regarding aas)... cost and legality.

Mongdog
04-27-2009, 10:36 AM
I hear ya.

BrotherIron
05-03-2009, 12:15 PM
I think too many ppl worry far to much about AAS use and not enough about proper diet when training. With the right diet laid out you can go a long way imho.

Sistersteel
05-03-2009, 12:32 PM
I think too many ppl worry far to much about AAS use and not enough about proper diet when training. With the right diet laid out you can go a long way imho.

This is my hubby :) I asked him to join and help contribute to the strength forums.

He is a strength athlete with a hybrid style of training that encompasses PL, BB and OLY Lifting. I think you guys might find his philosophies very interesting.

He is very busy but will be dropping by more frequently to partake in our discussions and share his knowledge with everyone.

So happy you made it over baby! :)

SS

BrotherIron
05-03-2009, 12:40 PM
This is my hubby :) I asked him to join and help contribute to the strength forums.

He is a strength athlete with a hybrid style of training that encompasses PL, BB and OLY Lifting. I think you guys might find his philosophies very interesting.

He is very busy but will be dropping by more frequently to partake in our discussions and share his knowledge with everyone.

So happy you made it over baby! :)

SS

Of course I stopped by, you know I wouldn't let ya down sexy.

I am someone who uses but the philosophy "less is more" in terms of AAS and in terms of Diet its EAT to grow. I'm not a fan of keto diet or starving oneself either. You need to understand your body to know what/when to eat and the proper combinations.

The Big Sexy
05-03-2009, 12:45 PM

Was a point I was going to touch on. AAS is merely a tool, a powerful tool - but it becomes less and less valuable the more off-track your diet and/or training is.

Sistersteel
05-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Was a point I was going to touch on. AAS is merely a tool, a powerful tool - but it becomes less and less valuable the more off-track your diet and/or training is.

The more ON-track you mean..

The Big Sexy
05-03-2009, 12:55 PM
The more ON-track you mean..

Well - you want your diet to be ON track - but AAS becomes less and less valuable the more "off" track your diet is... :)

Sorry, I get wordy at times. :)

tjoe
05-03-2009, 02:27 PM
BrotherIron - Welcome bro! and thanks for stoppin' in! We look forward to your input.

Big Sexy - I know what you mean. You can take a TON of gear but if every other component (diet, rest, training) sucks, then all that gear is not going to be much help. BUT, if ALL things are on point, then you add AAS... it can work magic.

BrotherIron
05-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Personally I don't think it adds as much as some think. Although I don't run much and stay away from harsh compounds b/c I plan on banging out the heavy weights long into the future so my health is extremely important.

Nothing makes up for proper DIET imho. You can run everything under the sun and I have friends who do and they don't lift anything which I feel is even worthy of telling folks. Not to mention when they come off they loose a good bit of strength.

The Big Sexy
05-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Personally I don't think it adds as much as some think. Although I don't run much and stay away from harsh compounds b/c I plan on banging out the heavy weights long into the future so my health is extremely important.

Nothing makes up for proper DIET imho. You can run everything under the sun and I have friends who do and they don't lift anything which I feel is even worthy of telling folks. Not to mention when they come off they loose a good bit of strength.

So true... I have over-heard and have talked with guys telling me they are using 1g of test a week and they look like a guy who just works out for recreation. I mean - if you are going to do 1g of test a week... I would imagine you'd want to put ALL your effort into eating the food and training your BALLS off... not that I do any test or anything - but if I were to do it, I don't think I'd use it so I could workout LESS hard and eat Burger King...

Sistersteel
05-03-2009, 05:10 PM
AAS use is a privilege, not a right.

tjoe
05-03-2009, 07:18 PM
yeah...
I have a guy at my gym that was running a good amount of stuff (around 1.5g/wk + LOTS of dbol). working on his bench at the time and ended at 410. Same as me natrual and he was about 255-260 while I did it clean at about 216 or so. Hahaha. Even he thought it was pretty funny!

realmccoy
06-21-2009, 01:42 PM
What does AAS mean?