PDA

View Full Version : Drinking water and losing weight!

MightyMuscles
04-24-2009, 02:24 PM
I don't know about you guys but I've heard this over and over for years but never really took it too seriously until recently but water really can help you lose weight. If you are dieting and hunger starts to make you want to cheat you can drink water to fill you up for a while and signal your regulators that you are full so that when you do sit down to a meal you wont feel like you need so much or eat past your planned calories.
Some studies have shown that thirst and hunger sensations are triggered together. If there is a slight dehydration the thirst mechanism may be mistaken for hunger and one may eat when the body is actually craving fluid.
In addition, Working out causes you to lose hydration through sweat so it’s important to replace lost water after a workout. I've found that it's suggested getting at least 64 ounces of water daily or eight 8-ounce glasses. Since I started doing this on a regular basis I find it a lot easier to stick with my bodybuilding nutrition plan than I did before and I am achieving the results I want a lot better.

Hope this helps! :spit:
www.eggwhites-international.com (http://www.eggwhites-international.com)

Youngguns
04-24-2009, 04:07 PM
People should have a glass/ bottle of water with them all the time every day.

Mouse
04-24-2009, 04:26 PM
If you're peeing white, you're all right. :)

MightyMuscles
04-27-2009, 11:47 AM
If you're peeing white, you're all right. :)

Good one - lol!

"Rodz"
05-02-2009, 03:06 PM
People should have a glass/ bottle of water with them all the time every day.

The truth

Sledge
05-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Reasons to drink enough water

Improves endocrine (hormone) function
Increases metabolic function
Drastically declines appetite
Increases fat used for energy
Liver function improves
Decreases fluid retention
Increases natural thirst

I think it's important to keep your water intake constant rather than drink a whole heap at once too. I just pull out a 600ml bottle of water with every meal and sip it between meals. That gives me 3-4L of water a day consumed evenly throughout the day. Not incluing water in shakes and what you drink during training.

MightyMuscles
07-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Reasons to drink enough water

Improves endocrine (hormone) function
Increases metabolic function
Drastically declines appetite
Increases fat used for energy
Liver function improves
Decreases fluid retention
Increases natural thirst
I think it's important to keep your water intake constant rather than drink a whole heap at once too. I just pull out a 600ml bottle of water with every meal and sip it between meals. That gives me 3-4L of water a day consumed evenly throughout the day. Not incluing water in shakes and what you drink during training.

Very coll! thanks for sharing!

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
08-06-2009, 02:02 AM
IDK, I drink 2 gallons a day and am hungrier than shit. All I think about is food.

Darnelle B
08-06-2009, 02:08 AM
i can drink almost 3 gallons aday. i drink water with everything.

arielkhadr
08-06-2009, 11:52 AM
IDK, I drink 2 gallons a day and am hungrier than shit. All I think about is food.

LOL. You sounds like me ;):p

Legend
08-06-2009, 12:57 PM

Add in some diet soda, the carbonation will help with the hunger. :)

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
08-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Add in some diet soda, the carbonation will help with the hunger. :)

You know, I do love carbonated water. I thought about adding 16 oz. in my diet. I'll try that. Thanks.

Alex The Great
08-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Im hungry 24 hours a day as well but thats why I drink my under 10 calorie monster chocolate shakes :)

The Under 10 Calorie Monster Chocolate Shake

2 Handfuls of Ice
20 Ounces of Water
1/4-1/2 Tablespoon Unsweetened Hersheys Cocoa
(Depending on how chocolatey you want it)
1-2 Tablespoons Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup or Chocolate Dip
(Depending on how chocolatey you want it)
Stevia to sweeten

After blending these ingredients in a blender add a few more ice cubes
Then add 1/2 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum

You will end up with a 40oz monster Shake with under 10 Calories

5 Calories for the Hersheys Cocoa
(if using 1/2 tablespoon)
Under 5 calories from the waldenfarms syrups (They contain trace calories)
(if using 2 tablespoons)

This shake is great for controlling a sweet tooth while on a keto diet and can help in between meals if you find yourself tempted to cheat or you could add protein and healthy fats to it for a meal. (This is also my pre-bed time shake and I love it). I also add davinci's pb syrup to it sometimes and it tastes great.

Frosty
08-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Being properly hydrated means fat tissue is hydrated better which allows for better fat loss.

figurebre
08-31-2009, 02:37 PM
How much water do you all tend to drink off season compared to on season?
On season I have 2 gallons
Off season 1-1.5
I drinks tons of water just because it really does help to fill you up. Especially if its really cold because the coldness helps contract your stomach walls temporarily making your stomach just a little smaller.
I couldnt live without crystal lite. IF I ever feel like I am going to go nuts, I start chugging crystal lite.

D_T
08-31-2009, 02:56 PM
Anyone ever tried Crystal Light with carbonated water? Wondering if that would be any better than diet soda.

figurebre
08-31-2009, 03:00 PM
I think there were some studies that show carbonated drinks associated with weight gain, or prevention of weight loss? So I would eliminate them during prep...I'll look for an article.

DAVIDHARDY
08-31-2009, 03:37 PM
I think there were some studies that show carbonated drinks associated with weight gain, or prevention of weight loss? So I would eliminate them during prep...I'll look for an article.

it was due to the chemicals in diet soda(from artifical sweetners I believe) making you hungry.

Legend
08-31-2009, 10:57 PM
Here is three dumb ass reasons why some "experts" believe diet soda can make you gain weight.

Does Drinking Diet Soda Make You Gain Weight?
Here are a few reasons for diet soda - weight gain:

Calorie Deficit: Experts say that our brain has a link between the taste and calories. So, when you eat a sugary food, the brain expects the calories to come along with it. When the body does not get the calories along with the diet soda –you tend to overeat to compensate the calories.

Increases preference for sugar: Drinking diet soda regularly can increase your sugar cravings. Sugar has been found to be addictive. So, when you drink diet soda regularly, you may be programming yourself for a high preference for sweet foods – which in turn can result in weight gain.

Replaces Healthy Drinks: When you drink diet soda, you would be having less of healthy drinks such as fruits juices and water – which are important to stay healthy

Its not "chemicals".....its not "carbonated water"......its cause people are weak minded.