PDA

View Full Version : Why the edit, Romano?

aznlifter
02-13-2009, 12:47 AM
While it may have not been completely relevant, the opening quote for "Dispelling Dishonesty" was one of the most truthful I've ever read. Why was it removed?

Current:
http://rxmuscle.com/articles/romanos-rage/49-dispelling-dishonesty.html

Original Intro:
In his book Cannery Row, author John Steinbeck wrote, "the things we admire in men, kindness and generosity, openness, honesty, understanding and feeling are the concomitants of failure in our system. And those traits we detest, sharpness, greed, acquisitiveness, meanness, egotism and self-interest are the traits of success. And while men admire the quality of the first they love the produce of the second." I can’t help but wonder if Steinbeck had foreseen the bodybuilding business rather than writing a story about the characters of the sardine fisheries in Monterey during the depression when he wrote those lines. More specifically, he could have been writing about the magazine I was just fired from.

John Romano
02-13-2009, 12:49 AM
Good question!! I didn't do that! I hate when people cut my shit up.... It should stand the way you have it... grrrrrr...... I'll ask Dave what happened.

John Romano
02-13-2009, 12:56 AM
okay.. It's fixed... back the way it was.... someone pushed a wrong button