PDA

View Full Version : Go for 2....Let's Do This!

kgramlich
09-10-2012, 10:18 PM
One of the most exciting times in my competitive career was the CBBF Nationals this past August in New Westminster, B.C. I met so many incredibly fit and fun women! To top it off, I placed 3rd in a lineup of many women with amazing condition. Did I mention that this was my first National competition? I qualified for the North Americans, as well as the Arnold Amatuer. I decided to take a couple of months off, and refocus with new goals set for the Arnold. That brings me to RxGirl and my first journal here! I was so honored to have the priveledge of being interviewed here after placing top 3 at Nationals. I will log my journey as I prepare for March 1st, sharing recipes, training, ups and downs, as well as my tips for juggling a full time career, three children, and food prep! ( notice I said "juggling", not "balancing"?? Still working on that:confused:)

kgramlich
09-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Here is a link to my RxGirl interview: http://www.rxmuscle.com/rx-girl-articles/athlete-profiles/6420-spotlight-on-figure-competitor-kim-thiesen.html

Curt James
09-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Welcome to Rx Muscle and wishing you continued success!

http://www.rxmuscle.com/images/stories/Rx%20Girl/Kim%20Thiesen/Another%20David%20Ford%20Pic.jpg

The Prodigy
09-10-2012, 11:49 PM
WELCOME girl!!!!!!!!!! Glad your here! You know I will following along! Hugs!

PFEPerformance
09-11-2012, 09:01 AM
Welcome! Def will be following along and may run into you at the Arnold!! Best of Luck to you!!!!

lgcanski
09-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Subscribed!!! Kim so excited for you! You will definitely make everyone take notice on the Arnold stage!

Sunnyday
09-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Welcome and congrats on your placing at CBBF Nationals! So glad you decided to start a journal here. I'll be tagging along. :)

TGandsey
09-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Hey!! I live in Vancouver bc with my boyfriend. I was at your show and remember you I am very excited to follow along. You might know him he has done about 4 shows and competed this year at the bc's and placed 3rd in masters, his name is Duane borsa!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

TGandsey
09-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Are you from bc?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

kgramlich
09-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Thank you so much for the positive replies! I am excited (and nervous as hell!!!) to start this next journey. The best part is the connections I have made. I will be catching up on everyone's journals this weekend. For now, it is off to bed because I can hardly walk after killing my hamstrings with dropsets two days ago!! TGIF!

P.s. TGansey, I am from AB:)

kgramlich
09-14-2012, 10:43 PM
Tonight's workout consisted of negatives, binging the weight down slowly after the push to perfect my form and make my muscles work even harder. I started with DB Incline Presses, pushing hard on the up and bringing them down painfully slow. I forgot how much you can get your heart rate up working out this way! After 4 sets, I moved to flat bench flyes, same style. My focus for pecs this prep is to bring the outer part that ties in to the front delt out, in hopes to get rid of the skin that adds the fold that you see when you lean out. Triceps included cable pressdowns, run-the-rack style for dropsets (10 sets, failure each time). Weighted bench dips finished off the tris, and cable flyes for pecs finished off chest. I ended the session with reverse pullups under the barbell, and weighted crunches and lower leg lifts for abs. Diet this week consisted of high protein, high fibrous, moderate fats and moderate starches. Now to research the color of suit I will wear onstage. Happy Friday!!! Time to met some new peeps here....;)

Sunnyday
09-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Strong hardcore training, girl! Keep it up!! :D

kgramlich
10-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Today I started my clean-eating plan to get me back on track. I have enjoyed a few too many days of not eating protein consistently, and having a few treats along the way. Thank goodness I don't eat like that all of the time! It always amazes my he quickly your body can feel sluggish and toxic when you don't eat properly, I am looking forward to the high, lean protein, high veggies, moderate healthy fats and starches. Early morning cardio started my day, and tonight's focus at the gym will be back. Lots of high reps, giant-setting with no rest between exercises. Gonna need my A5 - 35!! ....OH! and did I mention I received my official letter of acceptance to the Arnold???? 5 monthsWOOHOO!!! Now to research hotels. Any thoughts out there from past experience?

curvygirl
10-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Welcome to RX Kim!
Hoping to make it to the Arnold with Bossman in 2013! So may get to see you on stage! :D You sound beyond excited and it will be fun to follow you along your journey. ~ By the by, I am totally stealing your "Protein PB Ball" recipe for my next prep...well maybe even for healthy snacking right now. Keep on Killing it in the gym!

Peace!

katt981
10-05-2012, 10:18 AM
How exciting for you being at the Arnold!! I'll be following! :)

kgramlich
10-19-2012, 12:11 AM
It has been a long time since I have been on here, but I haven't strayed from my workouts. Adding one day of leg conditioning plus a second day of heavy legs has been a change that I have needed. I am looking forward to seeing the results when I start cutting. Using the vibration plate in between sets helps me keep my endurance going. I would live to hear from fellow competitors that have gone to the Arnold to compete in the past!

AVBG
10-19-2012, 12:44 AM
^ you really think the vibration plate makes much of a difference?

To me I'd rather a underwear bike ;) lol

kgramlich
10-28-2012, 08:12 PM
Ha! I cannot imagine an underwear bike. I do know that for me, using the vibration plate for push-ups and squats has helped me with my form when doing squats Witt the barbell and regular push-ps/bench press. I struggle with lack of skin tone, resulting in cellulite, and the vibration plate has helped with that as well. It also breaks up my sets and keeps me motivated. I would not recommend it for the sole purpose of doing your whole workout on it, or for weight loss.

Laurie Schnelle
10-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Welcome :) Keep up the great work

kgramlich
11-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Thanks, F.D.! I am really enjoying the change with adding leg conditioning exercises between resistance workouts. I have been spending my day off work today researching clean veggie recipes/soups so I can increase my fibrous easily when the time comes. 16 weeks out! Hotel is booked, now getting ready to book our flight....

The Prodigy
11-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Keep up the great work! Hoping to meet you at the Arnold!

kgramlich
11-29-2012, 11:05 PM
Keep up the great work! Hoping to meet you at the Arnold!

Me too!

kgramlich
11-29-2012, 11:11 PM
Ok, I am pretty pumped! I am leaning out, legs are constantly sore, and I get a refeed this weekend! You know u r a competitor when.....��
I have really enjoyed this prep, but a little bummed my regular gym has closed��. New environments have a way of bringing out new motivation, though! I have been adding leg conditioning between chest exercises, and doing tris and bis on the same day. Little changes, but better effects on leaning out my legs�� 12 weeks out����

kgramlich
12-08-2012, 12:18 AM
Any tips out there to increase the number of reps I can crank out in my plank walk-outs?

kgramlich
01-01-2013, 02:21 PM
A little over 8 weeks out, and feeling lean!! I have enjoyed this prep, especially the conditioning with mountain climbers, plank walks, step-ups, etc, between lifting sets. My shoulder workout yesterday was heavy, but it was the first time it burned in a long time. I usually get that burning closer to competition...

broadys
01-02-2013, 07:54 AM
Good luck with your prep

mpalleyne
01-17-2013, 08:38 PM
Do your thing girl.... Hoping to be in Arnold myself!! It would be great to meet you.

IslandGirl
01-27-2013, 01:19 AM
Glad to hear from you. Not much longer!!!

kgramlich
02-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Thanks, girls! Less than 4 weeks away, and I fell great. I crashed hard after morning cardio yesterday, but feelin alright this morn. I am excited to meet as many people there as I can. Still deciding if I am doing my own makeup or not....oh, and did I mention I finally get to shoot with Dan Ray? ....cannot wait! Sneak peek pics soon:)

Sunnyday
02-04-2013, 08:49 AM
So excited for you to be this close! And to have the awesome opportunity to shoot with Dan Ray - all I can say is wow. :)

mpalleyne
02-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Yes that's so cool to get a photo shoot with Dan Ray :) Wonderful!!! I'm so excited for you too! We may meet up

tlwatkins
02-25-2013, 02:15 PM
Thanks, girls! Less than 4 weeks away, and I fell great. I crashed hard after morning cardio yesterday, but feelin alright this morn. I am excited to meet as many people there as I can. Still deciding if I am doing my own makeup or not....oh, and did I mention I finally get to shoot with Dan Ray? ....cannot wait! Sneak peek pics soon:)

Hope you have a safe trip to my city! Bring your thermals...lol! Rock the stage this weekend!

Laurie Schnelle
02-26-2013, 10:03 AM
Best of luck girl. I will be cheering you on. Im at the Gym Life booth #1439 & 1441 if you get a chance. safe travels and rock it :)

Sunnyday
02-26-2013, 01:40 PM
Go get 'em, girl! :cheerleader:

kgramlich
03-05-2013, 06:48 PM
Update long overdue!
This last month has been a whirlwind of nerves, plyometrics, nerves, keeping the balance of working out, being a mom of three, nerves, changing red meat to mostly tilapia and chicken, and did I mention, nerves? I got to keep carbs in for the majority of my prep, twice a day, so that made me happy!! We cut them out the last week, and it is amazing how much faster you can drop water without the carbs. Energy stayed level until the last deplete workout, where my awesome friend counted out reps for me while I concentrated on "gettin' 'er done".

Fast forward to several flight cancellations and delays, (which I think a LOT of competitors experienced, by the sounds of it). I fully expected to place in the bottom half of the lineup; most of those girls around me were conditioned like crazy! I literally became stunned when I made first callout! I was placed third from the centre, but didn't really clue in until they called top 5 out....THIRD PLACE!! I am in shock!!

My goal was to place top 10, and I am beyond speechless that I placed in the top 3 out of 18 women! Now I am pursuing sponsorship so that I can compete more often!!! Time to check out some other journals and have a few treats!! LOL

The Prodigy
03-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Congrats girl! You did awesome!!

Sunnyday
03-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Big congrats on your placing! You looked awesome! :)

kgramlich
03-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Thanks, ladies!!145059

kgramlich
03-05-2013, 08:38 PM
145061 I was seriously stunned that I made 1st call-out, not to mention 3rd place!!:cheerleader:

kgramlich
03-31-2013, 04:05 PM
New goals, yay! I am going to compete at the CBBF Nationals this August, and hopefully beat my 3rd place. I have had no rebound after the Arnold, and I am excited to say that a month later I can still fit in to my skinny jeans...comfortably! I am 21 weeks out, and lifting heavy, and still including a lot of plyometrics. It was great to meet so many people at the Arnold and be around positive people. Onward and upward! Now to send out more sponsorship applications...Happy Easter Sunday! I will be updating my journal weekly. My goal is to be better at that! Hard to do with teaching junior high and three children of my own :)

MsFitMama
04-12-2013, 02:35 PM
One of the most exciting times in my competitive career was the CBBF Nationals this past August in New Westminster, B.C. I met so many incredibly fit and fun women! To top it off, I placed 3rd in a lineup of many women with amazing condition. Did I mention that this was my first National competition? I qualified for the North Americans, as well as the Arnold Amatuer. I decided to take a couple of months off, and refocus with new goals set for the Arnold. That brings me to RxGirl and my first journal here! I was so honored to have the priveledge of being interviewed here after placing top 3 at Nationals. I will log my journey as I prepare for March 1st, sharing recipes, training, ups and downs, as well as my tips for juggling a full time career, three children, and food prep! ( notice I said "juggling", not "balancing"?? Still working on that:confused:)

Hi Kim,

I watched the Nationals last year and I remember you. Great job!!!! Looking forward to following your Training Journal and see you at Nationals either as a spectator or a competitor....pending on result at BCs in June.

Side note: how are you able to get up early in the morning to do your cardio? I'm having a hard time this time around. I'd like to get my cardio in before my daughter gets up. I think it's just a matter of just DOING it. It's just easier to press the snooze button and say "i'll start my morning cardio tomorrow". Since I'll be 10 weeks out, there's no more excuses!

Nat

kgramlich
04-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Hi Kim,

I watched the Nationals last year and I remember you. Great job!!!! Looking forward to following your Training Journal and see you at Nationals either as a spectator or a competitor....pending on result at BCs in June.

Side note: how are you able to get up early in the morning to do your cardio? I'm having a hard time this time around. I'd like to get my cardio in before my daughter gets up. I think it's just a matter of just DOING it. It's just easier to press the snooze button and say "i'll start my morning cardio tomorrow". Since I'll be 10 weeks out, there's no more excuses!

Nat

Hey, girl! The morning cardio is tough, and I find that 2 things help me:
1. I put my alarm in the bathroom outside my room so I have to get up to turn it off. That is where I leave my workout clothes.
2. I have a friend who also gets up for cardio and we take turns texting each other when we are up. if one is relying on the other to text her, you feel guilty if they are up and you are not!..Worth a try! Thanks for your support!
Looking forward to meeting you at Nationals this summer!

kgramlich
05-04-2013, 01:34 AM
Ok, I just posted a long on, and then deleted it by accident....geez! 15+ weeks out of CBBF Nationals and I couldn't be happier with my post-competition body. Normally I bloat up like crazy, bu this time I have kept my weight within 12 lbs competition weight. I do not eat bread at all, not even on cheat meals. That, plus icecream were always a favorite when I did Keto a year ago. Training and dieting much smarter now! I am exhausted from the busy work week, but hey, who isn't? I truly need to get out there and start making the time to promote myself (WHY is it soooo hard!) A busy weekend with kids' sports ( I have three!!) plus my own clients for personal training in there homes, and of course leg training, which is quickly becoming my favorite. I have added glute/leg conditioning mid-week as well, and I am loving the results. Goals this week:
1. Design my website...
2. Beat my last week's leg extension PB of 175lbs for 6 reps.
3. Cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning (man, the food prepping plus independent children cooking sure adds up in a hurry :)

My favorite meal of each day is my ground bison with banana peppers mixed in! Happy Friday :)

nic902
05-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Excited to be journaling together again :heart:
You looked INCREDIBLE at the Arnold, I was out there so bummed we didnt get to meet up! Looking forward to seeing what this year holds for you.

kgramlich
05-10-2013, 12:54 AM
Thanks, Nic! I should have asked you if you were going to the A, I would have texted you to meet! I will be there again next year :)

Chest day day, combined with leg conditioning wiped me out. I am craving bread today. Nothing ever comes good from that, so off to bed I go! It has been a long time since I had bread, as it bloats me up. Night cravings suck, but I have my eye on the prize, as they say, so it is not worth the cheat. I am going to finish my eggqhites and flax oil and then it's lights out!

kgramlich
05-21-2013, 10:49 PM
I was accepted for sponsorship by Applied Nutriceuticals! Every little bit helps, and using awesome pre-workout and recovery supplements supplied to me is definitely worth it! Today, I trained back, and it was a terrific workout. I was sweating by the end. Pulldowns (reverse grip and wide), chins (I hate those!), 1-arm deadlifts, and seated rows made up the bulk of the workout. I also supersetted with renegades, also a non-favorite, and the rowing machine. Finished off with standing lat pulldowns (straight-arm), and I was done. Now, off to do 45 mins HIIT! Cannot wait to hit the pillow...hope everyone had a great long weekend!

curvygirl
05-22-2013, 07:37 AM
Welcome back! :D I second Nic! You looked awesome at the Arnold! So hard to believe that was 3 months ago! Congrats on your sponsorship! Looking forward to hearing more about your training! Peace!

kgramlich
07-08-2013, 12:14 PM
Thanks, curvygirl! I am on summer break, so I finally get to be on here more often!

....6 weeks out from CBBF Nationals. I have to say, so many people ask me if it is hard to prep for a show during the summer. If you would have asked me a year ago, the prep leading up to Nationals, 2012, was pretty draining. Smarter training and nutrition between shows this time around has made it easier this time around. Goal: To beat my last year's placing of 3rd. I am giving it my all, and I am excited to meet up with new competitors, as well as the friends I mad last year. I really do love competing! We camp quite a bit as a family, so it is actually easier to diet because you can only pack so much.

This morning I was practicing posing, getting ready to send progress pictures to my trainer, and I still cannot seem to nail that "V". You would think it would become natural at this stage! Advice is always welcome....

The Prodigy
07-09-2013, 05:38 PM
I was accepted for sponsorship by Applied Nutriceuticals! Every little bit helps, and using awesome pre-workout and recovery supplements supplied to me is definitely worth it! Today, I trained back, and it was a terrific workout. I was sweating by the end. Pulldowns (reverse grip and wide), chins (I hate those!), 1-arm deadlifts, and seated rows made up the bulk of the workout. I also supersetted with renegades, also a non-favorite, and the rowing machine. Finished off with standing lat pulldowns (straight-arm), and I was done. Now, off to do 45 mins HIIT! Cannot wait to hit the pillow...hope everyone had a great long weekend!

Congrats girl! That is awesome!!!!! Proud of you!