PDA

View Full Version : improving lagging bodyparts

anthony1992
04-24-2009, 06:38 PM
My arms are a lagging bodypart that I am trying to bring up. I am training them every 4-5 days. My back, chest and shoulders are stronger bodyparts right now so I am training the every 7-10 days. I am training legs every 7-8 days and calves every 6-7 days. I never train chest, back or shoulders the day before i train arms so my arms would be fresh. When I train arms I do 3 exercises for 3-4 sets for biceps and triceps. What do you think of this and what do you do to bring up lagging bodyparts.

buster12
04-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Two things that helped my biceps.
1. 21's
2. Pre-exhaustion

anthony1992
04-24-2009, 06:46 PM
1. 21's
2. Pre-exhaustion

I like 21's i use them every other arm workout

NTBB
04-24-2009, 07:10 PM
When the numbers increase (wt/reps etc..) that particular muscle/group improves.
I just adopted that same principle for lagging body parts.

Wheels
04-24-2009, 07:30 PM
Have you seen any improvements since utilizing the above protocol for your arms ?

Have you tried accentuating the negative ? A lot of guys who have weak arms, I suggest to cut the weight by a good amount and begin using a 4/0/2/1 Tempo. That is, 4 second eccentric, zero pause (stop just shy of your arms locking out at the bottom, you want to keep tension on the bicep at all times), 2 second concentric and a one second squeeze. The rep range can be anywhere from 6-12, depending on what type of fibers you're trying to hit. On my heavier workouts, I'm a little more lax with the tempo.

I prescribe to the above because I notice a lot of guys don't have proper mind-muscle connection. Utilizing the above will help you develop it, and you'll be back to curling the weight you were before and beyond.

I hit arms every 4-5 days, though they aren't lagging I just feel they can take it. One workout will be heavy and the next one is light to moderate. This enables you to hit all fibers with a lot of attention. I notice if I try to go heavy all the time on arms I end up not progressing as well and plateauing earlier.

Frosty
04-24-2009, 07:38 PM
Question...can you say exactly what parts of the arms are worked by each lift you're doing for arms?

Womanthrower
04-24-2009, 11:14 PM
1. 21's
2. Pre-exhaustion
What are you doing for a preexhaust?

anthony1992
04-26-2009, 09:17 AM
Have you seen any improvements since utilizing the above protocol for your arms ?

Have you tried accentuating the negative ? A lot of guys who have weak arms, I suggest to cut the weight by a good amount and begin using a 4/0/2/1 Tempo. That is, 4 second eccentric, zero pause (stop just shy of your arms locking out at the bottom, you want to keep tension on the bicep at all times), 2 second concentric and a one second squeeze. The rep range can be anywhere from 6-12, depending on what type of fibers you're trying to hit. On my heavier workouts, I'm a little more lax with the tempo.

I prescribe to the above because I notice a lot of guys don't have proper mind-muscle connection. Utilizing the above will help you develop it, and you'll be back to curling the weight you were before and beyond.

I hit arms every 4-5 days, though they aren't lagging I just feel they can take it. One workout will be heavy and the next one is light to moderate. This enables you to hit all fibers with a lot of attention. I notice if I try to go heavy all the time on arms I end up not progressing as well and plateauing earlier.

thanks, I have only been training like this for a couple weeks so I hevent seen any improvements so far