PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Coleman Classic Results and Figure

RDFinders
04-24-2009, 10:07 PM
:eek:I just looked at the comparison photos from the Ronnie. I am so saddened by who won my class, if I competed (I'm 5'11', so I compete in the tallest divisions). She also won the bikini division (class D and bikini B - no offense to the winner)!!! SO FIGURE IS NOW BIKINI!!!!? WTF? How can a competitor win their respective classes for both figure and bikini? So now I am feeling like I should diet lightly for two months and do 30 minutes of cardio daily to get ready for a show. This is SAD and so disappointing.

MsGuns
04-26-2009, 10:56 PM
:eek:I just looked at the comparison photos from the Ronnie. I am so saddened by who won my class, if I competed (I'm 5'11', so I compete in the tallest divisions). She also won the bikini division (class D and bikini B - no offense to the winner)!!! SO FIGURE IS NOW BIKINI!!!!? WTF? How can a competitor win their respective classes for both figure and bikini? So now I am feeling like I should diet lightly for two months and do 30 minutes of cardio daily to get ready for a show. This is SAD and so disappointing.

how could that happen?
i thought bikini n figure were suppose 2 have 2 different looks?

RDFinders
04-26-2009, 11:10 PM
how could that happen?
i thought bikini n figure were suppose 2 have 2 different looks?
that's what they keep preaching, but i don't think that is going to be the case.

MsGuns
04-26-2009, 11:23 PM
that's what they keep preaching, but i don't think that is going to be the case.

now thats really goin 2 confuse gurls...

lisaperson
04-27-2009, 08:54 AM
No offense to the girl that won, but come on, where is the distinstiction??? I think that is just wrong! There has to be clear cut differences between the 2 different divisions imo! Just not right period.

stephaniewicked
04-27-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm surprised they allowed crossover between the two divisions!

I'm not expert, but judging by her arms alone, I don't think she should have won figure... that's more bikini, in my opinion. Nice physique overall, but not figure I don't think...

I think bikini is throwing a lot of things off and affecting figure in the process. At my show this weekend, there was a figure girl who was rock solid and looked GREAT, but despite looking phenomenal, she took a lower placing because the judges said she was "too hard".

RDFinders
04-27-2009, 06:55 PM
I'm surprised they allowed crossover between the two divisions!

I'm not expert, but judging by her arms alone, I don't think she should have won figure... that's more bikini, in my opinion. Nice physique overall, but not figure I don't think...

I think bikini is throwing a lot of things off and affecting figure in the process. At my show this weekend, there was a figure girl who was rock solid and looked GREAT, but despite looking phenomenal, she took a lower placing because the judges said she was "too hard".
and unfortunately, this seems to be the trend. granted npc has been saying it wants softer look, but when a bikini winner takes a figure class that doesn't seem to add up to what the association is saying. it is clear why she won the bikini class and congrats to her. but i am seeing more and more competitors take lower placings coming in with camped shoulders and clean/clear abs. i know npc has some things to work out, but it is making it very frustrating for competitors. why put in the work to get into "contest" shape when you can step on stage with "cellulite" on your upper hamstrings and lower gluteal region and place or qualify for national level competitions. it is going to be more interesting to see how things progress with the jr usa/nats and north american. hope tighter physiques are rewarded.

FitGems
04-27-2009, 08:49 PM
There hasn't been a national show for bikini just yet, so the places for these show right now are gonna be all over the place until the Jr. USAs. There is where the REAL bikini standard will be based upon.

And for the NPC's sake, it better be a good standard.

SadFatty
04-27-2009, 09:27 PM
This is bull crap! That is sending a shitty message to all competitors.

MsGuns
04-27-2009, 09:41 PM
This is bull crap! That is sending a shitty message to all competitors.

i agree...

RDFinders
04-28-2009, 02:56 PM
i understand what you are saying, but isn't there still suppose to be a clear distinction between the two divisions, even during infancy stages. it is hard enough on figure competitors being told to come in softer, now what are we to do with bikini winners crossing over and winning figure divisions.

There hasn't been a national show for bikini just yet, so the places for these show right now are gonna be all over the place until the Jr. USAs. There is where the REAL bikini standard will be based upon.

And for the NPC's sake, it better be a good standard.

ttodd
05-04-2009, 06:32 PM
I was a lot surprised by some of the winners. First of all, it clearly stated that girls were not allowed to crossover from figure to bikini. Secondly, I was behooved at the top five in some classes. There were some that deserved to be in the top five more than those that were there. I couldn't believe the posing and the fact some had barely any definition. There was this one little gal that was called out last that had a rocking physique.

Things could have been political becasue I can't fathom why some of the girls didn't place higher. Things are totally messed up when the crowd BOOED ever so ln/placed loudly when one girl placed/won over another. It was pretty sad.

RDFinders
05-04-2009, 06:58 PM
I was a lot surprised by some of the winners. First of all, it clearly stated that girls were not allowed to crossover from figure to bikini. Secondly, I was behooved at the top five in some classes. There were some that deserved to be in the top five more than those that were there. I couldn't believe the posing and the fact some had barely any definition. There was this one little gal that was called out last that had a rocking physique.

Things could have been political becasue I can't fathom why some of the girls didn't place higher. Things are totally messed up when the crowd BOOED ever so ln/placed loudly when one girl placed/won over another. It was pretty sad.
crossovers are allowed at the local level, but not national. it does blur the line for what is suppose to be figure and what is suppose to be bikini when you have a bikini class winner winning in figure. no capped delts were on the bikini winner, so how could she win figure. go figure. only the judges at the show can answer that. it is disheartening as some many females try to come in based on what the judges are looking for. so softer was the mantra last year, now what is the mantra - look like a bikini competitor?

MsGuns
05-04-2009, 08:04 PM
has anyone emailed Lee Thompson?

crossovers shouldnt happen if its not allowed at the national level

RDFinders
05-04-2009, 08:07 PM
has anyone emailed Lee Thompson?

crossovers shouldnt happen if its not allowed at the national level
they are allowed at the local level. INBF and the other nat feds allow crossovers at the local level, but once you are competing for your pro card - INBF is the World's no crossing over is allowed. i said i was going to email one of the judges i know who lives locally, but haven't done it.

MsGuns
05-04-2009, 09:58 PM
they are allowed at the local level. INBF and the other nat feds allow crossovers at the local level, but once you are competing for your pro card - INBF is the World's no crossing over is allowed. i said i was going to email one of the judges i know who lives locally, but haven't done it.

i was askin about Lee so you can hear it from the boss.

RDFinders
05-04-2009, 10:34 PM
i was askin about Lee so you can hear it from the boss.
it is on the entry forms for shows. i got one about the sherman show that is coming up and you are allowed to cross.

fitmomma3
05-05-2009, 09:01 AM
crossovers happen from figure to BB locally as well. Regionally the caliper of physiques is not as high as nationals so the fine line is not as simple to draw. The Jay Cutler Classic this weekend in New England the winner of the figure C class could have easily competed in BB and smoked she easily had ten pounds on the winner of BB but she is also very feminine and her look is appealing and carries well in figure, then there was another competitor who won middleweights but didn't place in figure and she was even less muscular IMO, but obv just wasn't "the package" they wanted for figure. It has been said over and over again you can only judge what is in front of you and locally sometimes that's not much.