PDA

View Full Version : IGF1 worth the money?

SonOfPluto
02-13-2009, 01:15 AM
How many think that using igf-1 is worth the cost you have to pay for it? I've recently read some comments on another board of people stating that it dosn't work and is a waste of money. Also, do you think there is really a significant difference between so called receptor and media grade igf-1?

militantmuscle
02-13-2009, 01:26 AM
It depends on how much you can get it for and your elasticity for that demand.

As for whether it 'works' that depends on application within a cycle, usually stacked synergistically with hGH and insulin.

I am confused about the grade terminology of igf-1, I don't think I've heard that before... maybe Razor can clarify?

maxititer
02-13-2009, 02:01 AM
if you get your hands on Increlex (http://emc.medicines.org.uk/document.aspx?documentId=20078) 40 mg vials then it is a good deal, Iplex also good

RazorRipped
02-13-2009, 02:23 AM
Are we talking about rIGF-1 , or bullshit LR3 IGF-1? The latter being completely useless for muscular gains. Although it's a very potent GDA, and great for contest prep.

Aaron Singerman
02-13-2009, 02:24 AM
I have done quite a bit of IGF-1 Long R3, and I can say without a doubt, I wasted my money. If you'd like to waste yours... go right ahead.

I should mention that I have not tried Max's suggestion (either of them) and if I were to give it a try, I'd go with Increlex (if I could get it).

Aaron Singerman
02-13-2009, 02:26 AM
Are we talking about rIGF-1 , or bullshit LR3 IGF-1? The latter being completely useless for muscular gains. Although it's a very potent GDA, and great for contest prep.

I assumed IGF-1 Long R3.... but what Max is suggesting is Mecasermin. A recombinant DNA-derived human insulin-like growth factor-1.

bignready
02-13-2009, 08:19 AM
i have to say,i used igf1 lr3 in a cycle and saw great improvement.i injected delts preworkout and it took about 5 months down the road to see major improvement in lagging areas

buselmo
02-13-2009, 10:02 AM
good pump... fat loss was a bit faster (nothing special... if i just added T3 it would've been much faster)... other than that, it's bullshit. i've only tried the LR3 version.
my opinion... if you are planning to use IGF, keep everything constant for a couple of weeks, make your gains or progress plataeu, then start the IGF. you can see if it works or not.
I personally know someone who upped his test, upped his slin and GH, fixed up his diet (increased calories and ate cleaner) and attributed his results to IGF... that would be a retarded conclusion.

other than that, no one i've ever met or heard from has ever seen any "amazing" results from IGF... upping your test and cals would be cheaper and would give you SIGNIFICANTLY better results.

maxititer
02-13-2009, 01:06 PM
igf1 lr3 made that way so it cannot bind to normal IGF1 carriers proteins like IGF1BP3, so it goes direct to receptors and has very short half life 10-20 minutes.

At this time, when IGF1 LR3 was developed, it was believed that after binding to IGF1BP3 IGF1 will become inactive. At present such concept proved to inaccurate, binding to IGF1BP3 did not inactivating IGF1, but in opposite prolonging it half life in circulation tremendously. Iplex for example already coming as a premix of rIGF1 and IGF1BP3.

IGF1 is a most abandon peptide in our body, in most tissues at any time we have huge amount of IGF1, so if you wonna see some results, your addition in form of injected IGF1 to endogenous IGF1 should be something significant to what we already have in circulation and it is about 6mg only in blood.

RazorRipped
02-13-2009, 01:16 PM
igf1 lr3 made that way so it cannot bind to normal IGF1 carriers proteins like IGF1BP3, so it goes direct to receptors and has very short half life 10-20 minutes.

At this time, when IGF1 LR3 was developed, it was believed that after binding to IGF1BP3 IGF1 will become inactive. At present such concept proved to inaccurate, binding to IGF1BP3 did not inactivating IGF1, but in opposite prolonging it half life in circulation tremendously. .

Gropep, who created LR3 IGF-1 knew that bro. But as you stated above, once the original protein chain was broken LR3 IGF-1 rendered useless for muscle tissue accrual.

rIGF-1 works rather well as I've used while it was still in research. Biggest issue was price,and frequent injections. You know as well as I do rIGF-1 has a very short active life.

marcus300
02-13-2009, 01:18 PM

I would have to agree with Razor here, I found LR3 IGF-1 a complete waste of time and I know plenty of guys who wasted $$$ trying to achieve their goals with this yrs ago, but igf-1 is good to go if your a responder.

militantmuscle
02-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Razor, what precautions did you take to not disturb the fragile condition of rIGF-1 and potentially break the disulfide bridges holding the compound together? I have heard that it is very unstable.

RazorRipped
02-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Razor, what precautions did you take to not disturb the fragile condition of rIGF-1 and potentially break the disulfide bridges holding the compound together? I have heard that it is very unstable.

I thought rIGF-1 was very fragile as well. But after a very long conversation with Patrick Arnold, he cleared up some misconceptions I had acquire from internet boards.
Here's an exert of our convo

LR3IGF-1 was primarily developed for use as an in-vitro growth stimulator for cultures. I don't think it was ever intended for use in animals or humans. If it was, there would be a patent. I never saw such a patent

I agree with you that its utility as an anabolic is quite low. It may have some benefit in connective tissue injury if injected directly

I am afraid you are mistaken on the fragility of rhIGF-1. It is no less unstable than other peptide hormones as long as its formulated correctly. look here, its even sold in a multi-dose vial

Increlex

Drug Description

font size

A

A

A

DRUG DESCRIPTION

INCRELEX

(mecasermin [rDNA origin] injection)

INCRELEX (mecasermin [rDNA origin] injection) is an aqueous solution for injection containing human insulin-like growth factor-1 (rhIGF-1) produced by recombinant DNA technology. IGF-1 consists of 70 amino acids in a single chain with three intramolecular disulfide bridges and a molecular weight of 7649 daltons. The amino acid sequence of the product is identical to that of endogenous human IGF-1. The rhIGF-1 protein is synthesized in bacteria (E. coli) that have been modified by the addition of the gene for human IGF-1.

Primary Amino Acid Sequence of rhIGF-1

INCRELEX is a purified preparation. Biological potency is determined using a bioassay.

INCRELEX is a sterile, aqueous, clear and colorless solution intended for subcutaneous injection. Each multi-dose vial of INCRELEX contains 10 mg/mL mecasermin, 9 mg/mL benzyl alcohol, 5.84 mg/mL sodium chloride, 2 mg/mL polysorbate 20, and 0.05M acetate at a pH of approximately 5.4.

militantmuscle
02-13-2009, 01:36 PM
I see, thanks for clearing that up Razor!

ANABOLIC1
02-15-2009, 03:17 AM
I thought rIGF-1 was very fragile as well. But after a very long conversation with Patrick Arnold, he cleared up some misconceptions I had acquire from internet boards.
Here's an exert of our convo

Not kissing ass, but this is why you are priceless RR - your ability to not only answer our questions with amazing erudition and experience, but to be able to back them up with the expert words of others proving your position.

You da fuckin man.

Cyanide
02-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Not kissing ass, but this is why you are priceless RR - your ability to not only answer our questions with amazing erudition and experience, but to be able to back them up with the expert words of others proving your position.

You da fuckin man.

i agree! thank you razor!

maxititer
02-26-2009, 11:46 PM
Increlex's multi-use 40 mg vial an average wholesale price per vial $562.50.

$14 per MG

ARMYofONE
08-06-2009, 04:11 PM

You da fuckin man.

Just pull down his pants and Cup his Nuts ok, swallow his gravy. LOL

Just fucking with ya