PDA

View Full Version : JR USA Suit Requirements---

**blondie**
04-25-2009, 11:58 PM
Just in case you aren't aware I discovered this while visiting the Jr USA website.... no metallic suits are allowed at the night show. I ended up having to buy a new one.

No “T” back suits, metallic or vinyl will be allowed. However, female bodybuilding competitors will be allowed to wear multi-colored posing suits and jewelry at the evening show. Emphasis is on “good taste”!

I did email to double check, it is true. Just wanted anyone who is competing to be aware just in case you have a metallic suit you are planning on wearing.

sassy69
04-26-2009, 01:25 AM
What does it mean "metallic" - like silver, gold, copper, or shiny? I'm freaking out because I've spent > $500 on suits from Sylvia Tremblay in the emerald & mangenta "Mystic" (metallic) materials: http://tremblaydesigns.com/index.php?section=fabrics.
What about the hologram-type fabric? Not sure I've ever seen anyone in vinyl & the T-back rule has been in place for years. But I think someone needs to be more specific about the "metallic". I don't want velvet material because it just makes me look thick.

I just sent an email off to Sandy to ask if she could clarify what "metallic" is exactly. I'll update what I hear back.

sassy69
04-26-2009, 04:42 AM
Just got a reply back from Sandy re: metallic suits:

... if it is metallic you can't wear it. Metallic interfers with TV.

I asked specifically in the context of the Jr USA so I guess you'd need to look specifically at the entry form / requirements for any specific show. I didn't see anything specific for the USAs but I need to go verify that.

Thx for catching this Blondie!

sassy69
04-26-2009, 04:50 AM
Continuing the thought now that I've freaked myself out, I just found the USA's FBB suit requirements. Happily, I'm ok.

http://www.musclecontest.com/

SUITS:
PREJUDGING:
1. Two piece bikini swim suit must be a solid color.

2. Except for a wedding ring, no jewelry is to be worn during the morning prejudging.
3. Suits must cover 50% of the glutes. No thong ot T back allowed, however V style suits are acceptable.
FINALS:
Suits may be as follows:
1. Metallic, multi-colored, studded with rhinestones
2. Triangle top or push-up
3. V suits are acceptable

You should bring at least two suits with you in case your first choice tears, rips, the string breaks or some other mishap happens.
No matter how well your suit fits it will move. There are a variety of different products which will temporarily glue your suit to your body.

**blondie**
04-26-2009, 07:20 AM
NO problem girl! I just didn't want anyone to get there with a suit that they couldn't wear?!!?
I ended up buying a new one off divaexchange got it yesterday and your not gonna believe this but its a nice suit except for the fact that it attaches in the back just like a regular suit no crisscross. I'm so suit frustrated right now I don't know what to do.
And I so want to write the girl that I bought the suit from an email about how dissapointed I am. Don't know if I should or not though?

sassy69
04-26-2009, 02:36 PM
NO problem girl! I just didn't want anyone to get there with a suit that they couldn't wear?!!?
I ended up buying a new one off divaexchange got it yesterday and your not gonna believe this but its a nice suit except for the fact that it attaches in the back just like a regular suit no crisscross. I'm so suit frustrated right now I don't know what to do.
And I so want to write the girl that I bought the suit from an email about how dissapointed I am. Don't know if I should or not though?

You're frustrated about the regular tie in the back? Is it possible to sew on some extensions & put in your own loops in the bottoms to tie off?

LOL I'm in a Susie Homemaker mood today. I was up last nite at 2 am w/ my sewing machine fixing some stitching that came out of my gym spandex that drive me nuts when I'm trying to get dressed.

~gymdiva~
04-26-2009, 02:49 PM
I thought this was so odd...I asked Kristen to come on here and post about it b/c I would imagine most don't know...I don't like the "metallic" catchall...so is that just foil materials? what if it's just really shiny? same thing? sparkly fabric is ok?

and I still say what tv, where??? did the people videoing all this stuff last year complain in editing? and why this year? we've all been using foil fabrics for years...just seems weird...

**blondie**
04-26-2009, 04:37 PM
well my mom looked at it today, she's not sure she can do it. I did email Celeste though she said to email her a pic & she'd see if it was fixable. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I'm not good at these last minute things I like to keep all my little duckies in a row.... and damn it now they are not.
Although I did write the girl I bought the suit from an email earlier. It wasn't what I'd exactly call pleasant. Don't mess w/ a girl who's been dieting 17 weeks.

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
04-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Does the no metallic suit rule go for Bikini also?