PDA

View Full Version : would a REP SYSTEM work on this site?

IF I TOOK ROIDS I'D BE MR OLYMPIA
02-13-2009, 01:57 AM
suggestion... im sure this bulletin would have it...

Wiry Pyruvity
02-13-2009, 02:09 AM
you mean like bb.com...?

MartyMcFly
02-13-2009, 02:16 AM
don't know man, mostly biased.....imo.

Taylor Normandeau
02-13-2009, 02:38 AM
How does it work?

Wiry Pyruvity
02-13-2009, 02:41 AM
correct me if i am wrong...but reps are awarded member-member based upopn the merit of their posts...let's say you like my answer here...you 'rep'...as time passes a persons rep count rises,and therefore their power in repping others also increases...you can also 'neg' people...i dislike it due to fears associated with posting among 'rep giants'

Taylor Normandeau
02-13-2009, 02:54 AM
Yeah sounds sketchy, and people could team up on people haha

2manytoyz
02-13-2009, 03:09 AM
We don't need it, bb.com is just a mess

PowerAdder
02-13-2009, 03:15 AM
its stupid and not needed. it turns into teenagers competing over who has the most and threads like 'i rep you, you rep me'...

sassy69
02-13-2009, 03:20 AM
However if you are a female & post up racy pix, you will be rewarded with piles and piles of rep. Whole threads can start up purely for rep. Pretty soon you have rep wars & rep whores.

... gets old after a while.

Tiki
02-13-2009, 03:23 AM
A persons reputation should be built on being an active and positive participant in the community - not by how many reps he or she can acquire.

Plus, it's true that the rep system (more often than not) hinders good old fashion debate against those with high rep power -- That's the last thing that I would want to see happen here!

Mobster
02-13-2009, 03:50 AM
Both 'reps' and post counts can be massively misleading. 10000 posts and nothing but shit posted and 'ass kissing' reps but not an ounce of knowledge. Mobster says (speaking in the third person he he) NO!.

Classicfitness
02-13-2009, 03:52 AM
We don't need it, bb.com is just a mess

Exactly!!
Reps ;)

Foreman Rules eats White Dog poo
02-13-2009, 03:59 AM
I think reps would work well here.

GYM RAT
02-13-2009, 04:49 AM
A persons reputation should be built on being an active and positive participant in the community - not by how many reps he or she can acquire.

Plus, it's true that the rep system (more often than not) hinders good old fashion debate against those with high rep power -- That's the last thing that I would want to see happen here!

tight booty
02-13-2009, 05:39 AM
The rep system is just childish and useless!

Evighet
02-13-2009, 06:04 AM
I generally think that reputation-systems lead to infinite amounts of whining and have no specific need on this site. Certain closed areas for "elite members" would be a step in the right direction though, where the top boys can keep discussions going without the disturbance of Joe Sixpack.

Theobeselifter
02-13-2009, 06:32 AM
THat Neg/Rep system belongs on forums for people ages 6 to 10. Keep that communistic bullshit on bodybuilding.com. That Neg/Rep bull ruined that site, and look what a piece of shit it is. Have you ever read their "Misc or hardcore bb section?" It's like an R rated Nickelodeon on there if you can imagine.

All people do is post kiddy bullshit, then ride the coat tails of whomever has the highest reps... and for what? It's not worth anything. Not to mention I got banned on that bullshit site after arguing with that idiot mod Diamonddelts because he doesn't think we can learn anything from watching a pro's workout vids apparantly he has never seen In the Trenches with Dave Palumbo.

OH, and don't remind me of the time I got flammed by the entire Hardcore Bodybuilding forum when I predicted Dexter Jackson was going to win the Olympia in 2008. That site is the asshole of the universe.

STEELERJ-XL
02-13-2009, 06:38 AM
I never posted on bb.com or get big or anyother. Just the place we were before we got here lol. It took me 2 years to get 456 post lol.

Mindgame
02-13-2009, 06:45 AM

yes it is..

Crexis
02-13-2009, 07:16 AM
There is a possibility to exclude negging in the rep system.. That way nobody fears and people can get reps!

Mobster
02-13-2009, 07:54 AM
That still rewards just posting and buddies kissing each others asses. I much prefer word of mouth. If you have something worthwhile saying others will pass your name on. Reps and post counts can be such shite that a forum, even this one, can have a member literally post random stuff so many times that within days they have 100's of posts to their name. I've seen this done just so the member can get an avatar up.

One site I use has a reward system which allows 'stars for the best reply'. It's only used now and again.

hrd
02-13-2009, 07:57 AM
A big NO to a rep system, it only gets abused. Leave that stuff for the teenagers and misc members at those other sites.

J2jud
02-13-2009, 09:26 AM
I frequent BB.com because I'm a rep for a supplement company. I've seen more idiots with higher rep power than actual knowledgeable members. It's highly flawed and usually results in people touching each others cocks for reputation. It might work here, simply because the members are more mature...... but thats about it.

tjoe
02-13-2009, 09:52 AM
don't like it for all reasons mentioned above.
I vote no reps.

Jer
02-13-2009, 10:36 AM

Very much agreed.

DMC
02-13-2009, 10:59 AM
:p
don't like it for all reasons mentioned above.
I vote no reps.

Agreed

Bennny
02-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Too many cons, not enough pros...no reps.

Demorak
02-13-2009, 11:13 AM
NO!! Hate shit like that

BullGod
02-13-2009, 03:49 PM
I get sick of all the posts at bb asking questions with the promise of reps...just ask your fucking question...do you really need to bribe people to answer you?...Then you can bet your reps on sports...so whats the point?...Reps become meaningless at that point.

orhochris
02-13-2009, 03:50 PM
no vote to reps... spend a week on the board and you know who knows what their talking about... it becomes a pissing contest of

You're wrong
no you are...
you are... you know why?
why?>
cause my rep count says so...

Not a fan

bigchamp89
02-14-2009, 01:14 AM
a rep system is total garbage and serves no purpose on a serious site, prolly one of the main reasons y bb.com is looked at as a joke

Curt James
02-14-2009, 01:58 AM
correct me if i am wrong...but reps are awarded member-member based upopn the merit of their posts...let's say you like my answer here...you 'rep'...as time passes a persons rep count rises,and therefore their power in repping others also increases...you can also 'neg' people...i dislike it due to fears associated with posting among 'rep giants'

Concur. Many call it the red and green skittles system. It's idiotic on the one hand as it can definitely be abused, however it is also a great camaraderie builder on the other hand as it serves as immediate feedback on your posting content.

More often, I'm guessing, it's an arbitrary system of repping and negging based on personality preference and whim.

MartyMcFly
02-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Concur. Many call it the red and green skittles system. It's idiotic on the one hand as it can definitely be abused, however it is also a great camaraderie builder on the other hand as it serves as immediate feedback on your posting content.

More often, I'm guessing, it's an arbitrary system of repping and negging based on personality preference and whim.

couldn't have been said better.

SLICED
02-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Rep systems are as gay as Stav's haircut.

kraken
02-17-2009, 03:03 PM
No need for a rep system. What purpose does it have? Popularity contests are for feeble minded people.