PDA

View Full Version : 5 weeks out!

Lenny
04-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Alright...got 5 weeks till the show. I am gonna be middleweight. I am 5'6.

HeavyDutyGuy
04-26-2009, 10:05 PM
You look great for 5 weeks out! Sharp for this point. But your leg placement on the back shots is off. I see a lot of guys trying this. But its making your legs look worse, not better. Straighten them up, hit it tight, and you're home.

maxxmuscle
04-27-2009, 03:33 AM
Looking great ! You look bigger than a MW ! You must be top end MW ?

chris d
04-27-2009, 09:10 AM
looking good Lenny!

Lenny
04-27-2009, 03:32 PM
You look great for 5 weeks out! Sharp for this point. But your leg placement on the back shots is off. I see a lot of guys trying this. But its making your legs look worse, not better. Straighten them up, hit it tight, and you're home.

Thanks bro...will do.

Looking great ! You look bigger than a MW ! You must be top end MW ?

I plan on being right at 176lbs, I am already below that right now. I weighed 174lbs. in those pics. Thanks MM.

looking good Lenny!
Thanks chrisd!

Scoobysnacks
04-27-2009, 05:21 PM
definitley on point for 5 weeks out. Looks like you will be shredded wheat for this show. Curious, you stated you are 174 but plan to weigh in at 176, do you think you will gain more LBM or are you planning to just fill out more. Do you not manipulate water at all. I definitely dont think people should be dropping 10 lbs the final week and I see this all the time, flat city for sure, but Id figure you would dry out 3-4 lbs on a 175 frame. No?

Ss

Lenny
04-27-2009, 05:44 PM
definitley on point for 5 weeks out. Looks like you will be shredded wheat for this show. Curious, you stated you are 174 but plan to weigh in at 176, do you think you will gain more LBM or are you planning to just fill out more. Do you not manipulate water at all. I definitely dont think people should be dropping 10 lbs the final week and I see this all the time, flat city for sure, but Id figure you would dry out 3-4 lbs on a 175 frame. No?

Ss

I may or may not end up weighing 176lbs, but do plan on filling my lines out or as some people say hitting stage with that "POP" factor! I am very conservative with the water thing, but I will dry out Friday with regards to water, but will not mess with any sorts of diuretics. I do not plan on dropping too much more, maybe 2 more pounds. I am re-introducing whole sources of carbs back into my final 3 weeks, but very conservatively (100 grams per day - all from oats in the am hours). I took all impact carbs out for the last 3 weeks to tear away some bodyfat, just need to get this body to slowly grow back into its lines. I will double my carbs on Thursday (200 grams of carbs) and triple if on Friday (300 - 350 grams of carbs) with different sources of carbs on those days to get even a bit more bang while keeping the water out Friday!

I am doing 45-60 minutes of low-moderate cardio every day, but no more than that. I may taper down on that too as I get closer. Gotta grow my detail in my final phase.

hulk7280
04-27-2009, 08:44 PM
for 5 weeks out you look awesome.. but i dont think u should be trying to "fill out" to 176 if ur 174 in those pics..

i mean you look like u have at least about 5 lbs of bodyfat/water.. i mean look at your back double.. it can be much harder from your christmas tree all the way down to your glutes and hams..

i think 170 or high 160's and u will be SPOT on..

dont make the mistake of trying to come in big and end up coming in soft!

and work onthat posing.. that back double is off.. your left leg needs to come out mmore.. your left knee should be under ur left arm pit.. right now its under ur kneck!

Lenny
04-27-2009, 09:49 PM
for 5 weeks out you look awesome.. but i dont think u should be trying to "fill out" to 176 if ur 174 in those pics..

i mean you look like u have at least about 5 lbs of bodyfat/water.. i mean look at your back double.. it can be much harder from your christmas tree all the way down to your glutes and hams..

i think 170 or high 160's and u will be SPOT on..

dont make the mistake of trying to come in big and end up coming in soft!

and work onthat posing.. that back double is off.. your left leg needs to come out mmore.. your left knee should be under ur left arm pit.. right now its under ur kneck!

Thanks for the advice. But, honestly I am not gonna use some scale to tell me how I am doing...the mirror will be my indicator and taking water out friday will take care of the water issue. I will make the cut for middles, but just do not want to rely on the scale it never does anybody any justice.

I will work on that Rear Double Bicep and the positioning, gotta fine tune that...thanks bro.

johngorman
04-28-2009, 02:56 PM
what show are you doing?

gymrat9929
04-28-2009, 05:39 PM
Muscle Mayhem ... he'll be back there with us john!

Lenny is my boy. I'll introduce you two. Should be a g reat time.

johngorman
04-28-2009, 07:18 PM

cool, looks like i'll be a middle too since there isnt a welterweight class. sucks, cuz i will be at the bottom of the middles, but i really dont care! lol! i am pumped to get this first show under my belt!

Lenny, you doing the novice and open middles? looking good bro, nice conditioning for 5 weeks out!

Lenny
04-28-2009, 09:09 PM
cool, looks like i'll be a middle too since there isnt a welterweight class. sucks, cuz i will be at the bottom of the middles, but i really dont care! lol! i am pumped to get this first show under my belt!

Lenny, you doing the novice and open middles? looking good bro, nice conditioning for 5 weeks out!

Your weight doesn't matter bro...it is what package you bring to stage. It will be cool to meet you in the back.

I am gonna do both novice and open middles because I have took sometime off between contests (got married, etc.). I may just do the Open, but I would like to use this as posing practice as well. I have no clue how well I will do at the show, but I will bring my best my body allows me too.

Thanks for the comment and it will be good to chat with you in the back at the show.

Lenny
04-28-2009, 09:10 PM

Big J, your my boy as well...we will kill training together on Thursday and get some more damn cardio in as well!

johngorman
04-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Big J, your my boy as well...we will kill training together on Thursday and get some more damn cardio in as well!
nah bro, you dont need any cardio. matter of fact, go eat a pizza and some ice cream postworkout, youre good to go! lol!:popcorn: