PDA

View Full Version : Marked Down for Breast Implants?

SadFatty
04-27-2009, 12:55 AM
If you had 2 competitors with almost the exact same physique but one had implants could that edge out the other?

I know judges aren't supposed to mark on implants but subconcsciously do the judges mark for that?

If they are looking at shape for figure and bikini would breasts be considered?

Por2gue
04-27-2009, 01:37 AM
IMO, yes.

tammyp
04-27-2009, 05:46 AM
they help with symmetry.for me personally they really helped balance out my upper and lower half. as a judge the only time i dont likethem is when they are the main focus of the physique...i.e...when they are do big that is all you see.

Mr X
04-27-2009, 05:48 AM
This thread is worthless without any explicit photographic examples.

Tatyana
04-27-2009, 06:01 AM
For figure and bikini, yes, as it is the overall look.

Skeptic
04-27-2009, 06:24 AM
As a serious side question: if a woman wants to get or not get implants, that's fine with me, but if they get 'em, why sooooooo big?

Tatyana
04-27-2009, 06:28 AM
As a serious side question: if a woman wants to get or not get implants, that's fine with me, but if they get 'em, why sooooooo big?

In 2007, 347,254 breast augmentation procedures were performed in the U.S according to statistics collected by the American Society of Plastic Surgery.

I think most people think of huge implants is that the women that get huge implants have a tendency to get them out.

Most women have normal sized implants, typically to replace the fatty tissue they have lost due to weight loss, aging or breast feeding.

There are now close to one million and a half women that have had breast implants in the US.

You don't see that many women with pneumonic chests.

Allifit
04-27-2009, 06:54 AM
After my competition at 2008 North Americans I was told by one judge I would not turn pro until I had my boobs done.

Ironically I was told by one of the judges at the Arnold Amateur that I had great balance and symmetry and my breasts were not a factor in his opinion....

so go figure.

Tatyana
04-27-2009, 07:01 AM
After my competition at 2008 North Americans I was told by one judge I would not turn pro until I had my boobs done.

Ironically I was told by one of the judges at the Arnold Amateur that I had great balance and symmetry and my breasts were not a factor in his opinion....

so go figure.

LOL, that is figure now isn't it.

:)

tammyp
04-27-2009, 07:39 AM
well look how far jen hendershott and mary lado have come with out them.

i didnt get them so much for competing, but for my own self confidence. i felt like a little boy ..i was a AA cup and never had to wear a bra.

stephaniewicked
04-27-2009, 10:04 AM
My lower half is larger than my upper body (even when I diet hardcore), so I wanted to feel more symmetric because I personally wasn't happy with myself when I looked in the mirror. Though I'm working on balancing it out through training, there wasn't anything other than surgery that was going to fix the one area that I was uncomfortable about. That was my personal choice. I think there are lots of women (Alli is a great example!) that look absolutely fantastic naturally and I don't think it SHOULD affect how they are judged... but it sounds like the opinions may vary, depending on which judge you ask. And as I learned this weekend, who knows what they're looking for sometimes. :) I don't think someone should get implants just for that reason though.

To answer the other question... I know when I was doing my research for mine, so many women stated how they had "boobie greed" and wished they had gone bigger. That made me open up to my surgeon and I got 25cc more in each side and I'm so happy that I did. They seemed giant at first, but in actuality, they aren't... it just takes time to get used to after feeling small for so long (as a result of diet/exercise). Like Tammy, I wanted to feel better about myself as I no longer felt "balanced" and it was something I researched thoroughly before making a decision about. When you're spending so much money, you want to make sure you get it right the first time!

Allifit
04-27-2009, 10:38 AM
I think there are lots of women (Alli is a great example!) that look absolutely fantastic naturally and I don't think it SHOULD affect how they are judged...

Aw thank you !:beerbang:

Like Tammy, I wanted to feel better about myself as I no longer felt "balanced"...

I think the ONLY reason women should do something as drastic as surgery should be for personal reasons. NOT because of the stage. I'm a firm believer in doing things for your OWN reasons no one elses, and that includes the judges. No one should surgically alter their physique at the behest of judges....period.

However- I always raise the question- what does that say about our own personal self esteem or self worth if we feel we look crappy with small breasts? It's a shame our society puts women in a position where we sit back and say, "I won't be happy with myself till I get fake boobs".

I don't know...just me rambling....
I love fake boobs and I contemplate getting them all the time. But I struggle to determine if my wanting big boobs is truly a result of ME wanting bigger boobs, or me wanting bigger boobs because society dictates that larger breasts are sexier....

stephaniewicked
04-27-2009, 11:21 AM
Aw thank you !:beerbang:
Psshhh... girl, your physique is absolutely astounding and I know you worked damn hard for it. Much respect to you!! Muscular AND feminine. Completely admirable! :bowdown:

And I don't think the point about surgery being a personal choice could be stressed ENOUGH. I never thought about getting a BA until I saw changes in my body that *I* wasn't happy with. I had made great progress overall and lost bodyfat through cleaner eating habits and hitting the gym 5 days a week but then suddenly, I felt like something was missing. It's too major of a decision, too much money at stake and too "permanent" NOT to do it for yourself ONLY. All my family and friends didn't agree that I needed it, but they were all very supportive thankfully.

Skeptic
04-27-2009, 12:43 PM
I think most people think of huge implants is that the women that get huge implants have a tendency to get them out.

Most women have normal sized implants, typically to replace the fatty tissue they have lost due to weight loss, aging or breast feeding.

There are now close to one million and a half women that have had breast implants in the US.

You don't see that many women with pneumonic chests.

It could just be my taste. We may disagree on what huge, normal and pneumonic means in the titty context. I like C's. My informal feel for it is women who bother to get implants go D's or DD's. You will appreciate that I can't very well post photos of implants I consider too big, because someone here will know the subject, and then it turns into a personality war and I'm instantly the bad guy.

Amusingly, the alpha FBB at my gym started working oot today while I was there, and her implants arrived 10 full minutes ahead of the rest of her body. She needs a sports bra, a lycra top and some other thing just to harness the ridiculous things.

Tatyana
04-27-2009, 12:59 PM
There is no set standard for a C or D cup.

For example 30G = 32F = 34E = 36D =38C

The numbers refer to the measurement of the ribcage, not the bust, and the cup size is more or less the same with the different underbust measurements.

Skeptic
04-27-2009, 02:04 PM
There is no set standard for a C or D cup.

For example 30G = 32F = 34E = 36D =38C

The numbers refer to the measurement of the ribcage, not the bust, and the cup size is more or less the same with the different underbust measurements.

No. A C cup fits comfortably into my hands.

BigJD69
04-27-2009, 04:05 PM
It seems like a lot of the female competitors have breast implants!

tammyp
04-27-2009, 04:12 PM

i would dare guess about 80% at the national and pro level.

sassy69
04-27-2009, 04:27 PM

Isn't it the ultimate irony that you're supposed to look lean AND feminine, when in fact, when you lean out, the first thing to go is the girls, and that is usually the first thing people think of when they think "feminine".

Allifit
04-27-2009, 06:26 PM
Isn't it the ultimate irony that you're supposed to look lean AND feminine, when in fact, when you lean out, the first thing to go is the girls, and that is usually the first thing people think of when they think "feminine".

well unfortuantely boobs are mostly fat...so when the bf goes....so do the ta ta's.... I love my chest offseason.:)

Skeptic
04-28-2009, 07:41 AM
SadFatty:

Watch the video link here. Jamie is a great example of an augmentation that looks good, makes her happy and as she says, it has helped her modeling career. This goes a little beyond your original question I know. I love titties but not HUGE ones. Beep.

http://thebreastdoc.com/site/patient_experiences?id=13

Allifit
04-28-2009, 10:20 AM
SadFatty:

Watch the video link here. Jamie is a great example of an augmentation that looks good, makes her happy and as she says, it has helped her modeling career. This goes a little beyond your original question I know. I love titties but not HUGE ones. Beep.

http://thebreastdoc.com/site/patient_experiences?id=13

Jamie is one who looked great without them.

Skeptic
04-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Jamie is one who looked great without them.

Well you and I agree. But her modeling career took off once she got 'em. The world is the world, warts and all.

figurebre
04-28-2009, 11:21 AM
I want some

SadFatty
04-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Is there any pictures floating around of Jamie without implants? It's a shame that they helped her career tremendously compared to without. It's almost like to be successful at fitness modeling you need them.

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
04-28-2009, 01:54 PM
I think that breast implants play a huge role on judging. Especially in figure and bikini. I have heard from several of my friends that have competed in figure that the judges told them after the show that it would be a good idea to get a boob job. My friend was the hardest tightest one up there and the judge said that she would have won had she had breasts. She told the judge that she didn't want them and he suggested the gel inserts.
Her next show she wore the inserts and won.,
I'm not saying that every judge looks for breasts, but there are some that do. Case in point, my first bikini comp, I won my class with double d's and the winner of the short class had ds-double d's as well.

Allifit
04-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Is there any pictures floating around of Jamie without implants? It's a shame that they helped her career tremendously compared to without. It's almost like to be successful at fitness modeling you need them.

John Stutz shot her without them....

Allifit
04-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Well you and I agree. But her modeling career took off once she got 'em. The world is the world, warts and all.

I still maintain that surgically enhancing your body in accordance with OTHERS wants is completely insane. Decisions like that need to be based on the self. The stage comes and goes. So does fitness modeling. Surgical changes are permenant and need to be based in something deeper.

Skeptic
04-28-2009, 04:00 PM
It's almost like to be successful at fitness modeling you need them.

Well I hope you're not THAT surprised......

stephaniewicked
04-28-2009, 04:51 PM
I still maintain that surgically enhancing your body in accordance with OTHERS wants is completely insane. Decisions like that need to be based on the self. The stage comes and goes. So does fitness modeling. Surgical changes are permenant and need to be based in something deeper.

I continue to agree here... In addition to all the pluses, there can be minuses. I wouldn't have gone through it for anyone but myself anyhow, but things to take into consideration include:

complications - BA *is* surgery and things *can* go wrong or complications can arise post-surgery.

cost - it's not cheap, nor should it be!

recovery time = time out of the gym, off work, school and other personal responsibilities/activities.

It's a lot of sacrifices/risks to make for something if you aren't doing it to make yourself happy.

I still think it's one of the best things I've ever done for myself, but that's the key... I did it for myself! Even the bf continues to remind me how much he misses my old body, which is great. I'm so glad that he loved me the way I was, but I couldn't stay that way because he wanted me to, the same way I don't think someone should get them to seek someone else's approval.

SadFatty
04-28-2009, 05:43 PM
Do having the gel implants make a significant difference? I don't want a breast job....even if it was for free. I'm comfortable being small.

GirlyMuscle
04-28-2009, 05:44 PM
No...lots of girls use gel in their cups. The tops of posing suits can be ordered with pockets for inserts.

Skeptic
04-28-2009, 06:37 PM
I want gel implants for my posing trunks. Two large round ones and one long one with a bulgey end.

GirlyMuscle
04-28-2009, 06:43 PM
I want gel implants for my posing trunks. Two large round ones and one long one with a bulgey end.After all the shows I've been to there was only one time a guy had such a huge package that I couldn't stop staring. MuscleGoddess65 will vouche for me. She was there. It was all I could focus on, it was that big. And he was a white master's competitor. Hey...wait a minute...I wonder if that was esplendido??

Allifit
04-28-2009, 07:13 PM
No...lots of girls use gel in their cups. The tops of posing suits can be ordered with pockets for inserts.

I'd have NO bust on stage without gel inserts. You can buy affordable ones from Walmart, 15.00 for the set I think. I use two sets in my posing suits....

Skeptic
04-28-2009, 07:53 PM
I use two sets in my posing suits....

Alli is a double stacker!!!!

musclegoddess65
04-29-2009, 08:27 PM
After all the shows I've been to there was only one time a guy had such a huge package that I couldn't stop staring. MuscleGoddess65 will vouche for me. She was there. It was all I could focus on, it was that big. And he was a white master's competitor. Hey...wait a minute...I wonder if that was esplendido??

OMG this man was.... gifted to say the least.... I don't think any type of posing trunks could have contained that beast properly!! :eek:

musclegoddess65
04-29-2009, 08:40 PM
it is sad that the breast area is one we can not fix in the gym... saggy ass, do some squats, flabby arms, well bicep curls and some tri work will fix that... but boobs.... don't matter how much benching, push ups or whatever you do to work chest, it won't perk the girls back up...

I go back and forth all the time, do I want them, don't I???

I know it would be helpful in me being able to look at myself in the mirror, totally nekkid and be happy to see nice breast again... but for now, until a final decision is made... i just focus on what I have, strong tight shoulders, nice arms, visable abs, more visable definition in my quads, etc.

but the other side of me is to stubborn to stop wanting to work chest to 'soften' up the pec area so implants can be inserted.. not sure I'm ready for that down time afterward or the thought of never being able to lift heavy again on chest exercises

tammyp
04-30-2009, 05:47 AM
personally i think it was the best thing i ever have done for myself. took me along time to finally do it, but i dont regret for a minute i did.