PDA

View Full Version : lets talk HGH

tammyp
04-27-2009, 03:20 PM
this is a staple in contest prep for many. Its also considered the ideal anti aging drug for people over 40.

what do you think? is it worth the price?

heavyiron
04-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Nope, 2iu ed was a bust for a female friend of mine. She was running anavar with it and in a later cycle she actually got more from Nolvadex stacked with the same dose of anavar.

I have also used hgh at 4iu per day and was totally unimpressed. =(

sassy69
04-27-2009, 04:29 PM
I think its a very subtle addition that GH offers. Its not a miracle drug but rather you trying to get your natural gH levels back to what was 'optimal' when you were 21.

When you're looking for amazing physicalc hanges from it, you tend to overlook the more subtle effects of better hair & skin, better sense of well-being, any healing / recovery factors, etc. These are all fairly intangible if you aren't looking for them.

RealLilSwole
04-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Love it but it make my hands and wrist hurt a little. And it made my feet grow! I used to wear a 5.5, now I wear a 6.5 to a 7!

sassy69
04-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Love it but it make my hands and wrist hurt a little. And it made my feet grow! I used to wear a 5.5, now I wear a 6.5 to a 7!

At what dose?

RealLilSwole
04-27-2009, 10:10 PM
I was only taking 2 iu a day. Now I only take 1.5. I used to be able to get GOOD stuff when I was taking 2. Now i use the blue tops.

sassy69
04-28-2009, 01:10 AM
Its interesting to hear at what levels different people encounter wrist pain. It is usually associated w/ higher doses.

tammyp
04-28-2009, 05:42 AM
my feet got bigger and i went up a ring size too. if my nose ever gets bigger ill have to kill myself. same dose..2 iu

Bob Smith Jr.
04-28-2009, 06:26 AM
i really think 2-4 iu is the magic dose, for men or women. A lot of people go over board with gh imo. It's not the dose, it's how long you run it for. I would recommend at least 8 months or so.

triceptor
04-28-2009, 08:28 AM
Nope, 2iu ed was a bust for a female friend of mine. She was running anavar with it and in a later cycle she actually got more from Nolvadex stacked with the same dose of anavar.

I have also used hgh at 4iu per day and was totally unimpressed. =(

Women do not respond to GH the same as men. For a long time I thought it was the testosterone differential. I attended a lecture back in 2008 and Dr.Mark L. Gordon spoke about frank GH administration in the anti-aging protocol. He discussed the gender differences in response - especially lipolysis - and showed that the mosaic of the female GH receptor effectively acts like two separate receptor sites and the fact that GH had to dock in two different receptors simultaneously in order to elicit the effects was at the root of the difference in response. As I recall that one of the two receptor sites has an affinity to E2 and as such, the presence of E2 blocks the GH from docking completely and thus the lack of desired response. This would also explain your friends improved response while using an AI.

Carl

triceptor
04-28-2009, 08:32 AM
I think its a very subtle addition that GH offers. Its not a miracle drug but rather you trying to get your natural gH levels back to what was 'optimal' when you were 21.

When you're looking for amazing physicalc hanges from it, you tend to overlook the more subtle effects of better hair & skin, better sense of well-being, any healing / recovery factors, etc. These are all fairly intangible if you aren't looking for them.

IMHO if one is looking for the subtle benefits that you describe low doses (0.5 Mg to 1.00 Mg a week) CJC-1295 is a better alternative than frank administration.

Carl

sassy69
04-28-2009, 11:37 AM
IMHO if one is looking for the subtle benefits that you describe low doses (0.5 Mg to 1.00 Mg a week) CJC-1295 is a better alternative than frank administration.

Carl

At least in the context of bodybuilding, most people, if they even know about these effects, think they're nice additions but are generally more interested in the "muscle building" (in conjuction w/ aas) and fat loss aspect of it. I guess my point was that people's expectations of what GH can do is often not necessarily correct and when they are looking for some sort of dramatic change its not really going to be there. Then they'd say "well its junk" or "why bother", but they are not necessarily seeing the other effects that are more subtle, and also noting that it takes a while for anything to "happen".

RE: CJC-1295, I keep coming across people asking about it but haven't seen a lot of information such that if people were looking for those "subtle effects" they wouldn't even know where to start researching or get the stuff.

Mandla
04-28-2009, 12:11 PM
if my nose ever gets bigger ill have to kill myself. same dose..2 iu

Ha! lol. Thats funny.

GirlyMuscle
04-28-2009, 12:13 PM
What do you think the percentage of competing women who use hgh is?

heavyiron
04-28-2009, 01:55 PM
Women do not respond to GH the same as men. For a long time I thought it was the testosterone differential. I attended a lecture back in 2008 and Dr.Mark L. Gordon spoke about frank GH administration in the anti-aging protocol. He discussed the gender differences in response - especially lipolysis - and showed that the mosaic of the female GH receptor effectively acts like two separate receptor sites and the fact that GH had to dock in two different receptors simultaneously in order to elicit the effects was at the root of the difference in response. As I recall that one of the two receptor sites has an affinity to E2 and as such, the presence of E2 blocks the GH from docking completely and thus the lack of desired response. This would also explain your friends improved response while using an AI.

Carl
Good point.

What are your thoughts on Testosterone raising IGF-1 in men? In other words wouldn't that lessen the need for gh?

militantmuscle
04-29-2009, 01:07 PM
what about other growth factors?

If women are primarily utilizing GH as a staple in their contest prep, I'm assuming the main priority is to lose fat while keeping muscle, wouldn't hGH frag 176-191 be safer, or how about GHRP-6?

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
05-05-2009, 01:52 PM
my feet got bigger and i went up a ring size too. if my nose ever gets bigger ill have to kill myself. same dose..2 iu

You crack me up. I was on it for a short while but I was on 1 iu a day. I noticed my face looking better and my skin looking better, but it's so damn expensive these days.

BigJD69
05-05-2009, 02:01 PM
I never understood why a woman would want to mess around with AAS or HGH. I can see T-3 or Clen but AAS or HGH???

juicegirl311
05-17-2009, 07:24 AM
I have been taking Gh for 2 years at 2.5 iu's, 5 days on 2 off, and have felt great. all the good effects from taking it i have experienced BUT i wonder if I would look and feel the same without it and just have good genetics?

tammyp
05-17-2009, 08:22 AM
I never understood why a woman would want to mess around with AAS or HGH. I can see T-3 or Clen but AAS or HGH???

this is a womens chem forum. read the rules here>>>>>>>>>

This forum was created for women to share their experiences and learn from each other in a safe, non-judgmental atmosphere. We have zero tolerance for harassment, passing judgment, or antagonism of any kind. There are no second chances here. You will be suspended from this forum indefinitely should you decide to break the rules.

indianamonster1986
05-17-2009, 08:27 AM
What are your lovely ladies opinion on giving a woman in her mid 40's hgh to help their skin? My fiance's mom saw this episode on Oprah or something, and this doctor from India said that real hgh is the best solution to giving your skin back its resilience.

sassy69
05-17-2009, 12:22 PM
What are your lovely ladies opinion on giving a woman in her mid 40's hgh to help their skin? My fiance's mom saw this episode on Oprah or something, and this doctor from India said that real hgh is the best solution to giving your skin back its resilience.

Copy/pasting my post from above:

When you're looking for amazing physical changes from it, you tend to overlook the more subtle effects of better hair & skin, better sense of well-being, any healing / recovery factors, etc. These are all fairly intangible if you aren't looking for them.

I worry about people who promote something for just one of its effects, when they can't pick & choose which effects they want. (Particularly w/ AAS.) But if you talk to any of the anti-aging docs & their patients, they all feel hGH is the fountain of youth. I talked to a guy in FL years ago about it -- he had treated one guy (wealthy old guy -- as is the usual patient because of the price of prescription GH) - this guy holds the depth records for "oldest" in SCUBA diving. I've heard other stories of the healing effects of GH that doctors can't come out & admit because of the controversy around GH therapy and the current status of controlled chemical scandals.

All in all, I don't think I've heard of any downside to GH use, except in volumes that cause wrist pain and water retention. If you are able to replicate your "optimal" levels when you were in the prime of your youth, of course you can expect all the same effects. But you need to be paying attention to ALL of what comes w/it. Its not just a skin cream.

LookImDancinCrazy!
05-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Any of you ladies with GH experience observe any gut expansion? That would be the one side I absolutely would not risk. Wondering if this is another "playing with fire" situation where we have no established safe dosage zone due to big differences in reactions.

badfish51581
05-22-2009, 11:54 AM
i really think 2-4 iu is the magic dose, for men or women. A lot of people go over board with gh imo. It's not the dose, it's how long you run it for. I would recommend at least 8 months or so.

Just wanted to second this...

My understanding from lots of feedback from males is that anything less than 6 months and 2-4 iu's is a waste, but most think 5-8 iu's is where it's at. I have no idea how that plays out for women, but I do know that most people really recommend 6 months minimum, or not at all.

sassy69
05-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Any of you ladies with GH experience observe any gut expansion? That would be the one side I absolutely would not risk. Wondering if this is another "playing with fire" situation where we have no established safe dosage zone due to big differences in reactions.

The amount of GH you'd have to take to get that would be ridiculous. I think for the average female competitor, given considerations of cost and desired results, 2iu is the dose of choice.

Consider who you see w/ GH guts? Pro male BBs. So you're looking at the upper edge of extreme use, NOT really comparable to the audience we're talking about here.

sassy69
05-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Just wanted to second this...

My understanding from lots of feedback from males is that anything less than 6 months and 2-4 iu's is a waste, but most think 5-8 iu's is where it's at. I have no idea how that plays out for women, but I do know that most people really recommend 6 months minimum, or not at all.

1-2 iu is your typical for women.. more than that you get into dealing w/ wrist pain and all that. OFten more is dependent on cash resources & supply to be able to run large amounts for > 3 months.

LookImDancinCrazy!
05-22-2009, 12:57 PM
The amount of GH you'd have to take to get that would be ridiculous. I think for the average female competitor, given considerations of cost and desired results, 2iu is the dose of choice.

Consider who you see w/ GH guts? Pro male BBs. So you're looking at the upper edge of extreme use, NOT really comparable to the audience we're talking about here.

Makes sense. Gracias Sasstress.