PDA

View Full Version : Dieting for the beach this time istead of the stage.

The Wolf
02-13-2009, 04:58 AM
How many of you guys diet throughout the winter and spring for the stage? What happens after the competition? Well, you have been dieting all this time so your in no mood to diet summer time because summer time is now off season and your hungry like fuck! You come on stage ripped in March or April and are always fat come July. Sound familar?

This is why I decided to do the Palumbo diet in May and come out ripped in august. Also Dave told me before to give a couple of years break from competing and to add some mass.

Who will be dieting just for themselves this year instead of the stage? Like I said I came ripped on stage thanks to Dave but that only lasts 10 minutes so it would be nice to be ripped throughout August. If I diet to early I will crave to much ice cream come summer.
I just thought I share that with you guys.

Pearce
02-13-2009, 08:23 AM
I dont really have a problem sticking to a lean diet all year round.. i actually enjoy it.. and i mean if i eat well all week and then during the weekends i wanna have something that isnt in my diet, then i can, and if i wanna drink, i can.. just 90% of the time i stick to my diet.. keeps me sane

Sandpig
02-13-2009, 10:15 AM
I dont really have a problem sticking to a lean diet all year round.. i actually enjoy it..
Same here, but I actually prefer to diet in the winter so I can eat during the warm months. Can you say Barbecue?

diesel
02-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Same here, but I actually prefer to diet in the winter so I can eat during the warm months. Can you say Barbecue?

I concur but my problem is that I like to drink beer with the BBq's

Pearce
02-13-2009, 11:47 AM
same here, but i actually prefer to diet in the winter so i can eat during the warm months. Can you say barbecue?

barbecueeeeeeee

przechuy
02-13-2009, 12:00 PM
when i want to eat steak fro mgrill or other barbecuee stuff i eat it.Every week i go on a party and have some beers/vodka/drinks. I want to eat kebab-i eat it,i want to eat pizza- i eat it.

I train too feel good,and look not bad.Noone pays me for it ,i do not aim to be next arnold so i see no reasons why should i kill myself with ulstra strict diet.If i wil lever decide to preppare for competition i will do it.But otherway,being strict with diet even in 80% would be too much for me.

I basically look just to have high enough amount of proteins,thats basis.Rest depends only on my mood

The Wolf
02-13-2009, 03:47 PM
I like to have my carbs for at least 7 months a year and thats when I grow, I still eat healthy but I can treat myself more often. It dont matter how clean I eat, if I have carbs my abbs are no way clear! If I was to keep lean all year I wouldnt be able to grow. Last year I did the Palumbo diet twice and competed twice and got lean beyond my dreams, but it took its toll and thats why I didnt compete this year. However Im at my biggest, my arms are almost 19 inches now and I cant wait to diet down in May, which hopefully I will look the busssiness buy August, and this time it will in the beach and I live right by the sea.

JW
02-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Who will be dieting just for themselves this year instead of the stage? Like I said I came ripped on stage thanks to Dave but that only lasts 10 minutes so it would be nice to be ripped throughout August. If I diet to early I will crave to much ice cream come summer.
I just thought I share that with you guys.[/quote]

I’m dieting at the minute for largely the same reason; typically I diet just after new year to ‘compensate’ for xmas but this year I’m aiming to get into top shape; just for the personal challenge like, aim to rap it up around end of April (16 week diet).

JW
02-13-2009, 04:19 PM
I like to have my carbs for at least 7 months a year and thats when I grow, I still eat healthy but I can treat myself more often. It dont matter how clean I eat, if I have carbs my abbs are no way clear! If I was to keep lean all year I wouldnt be able to grow. Last year I did the Palumbo diet twice and competed twice and got lean beyond my dreams, but it took its toll and thats why I didnt compete this year. However Im at my biggest, my arms are almost 19 inches now and I cant wait to diet down in May, which hopefully I will look the busssiness buy August, and this time it will in the beach and I live right by the sea.

I used to eat super clean, keep the carbs down year round, only eating cheat food on special occasions; kept me lean but I my strength was fairly static ditto with bodyweight.

The tail end of last year I upped the low GI carbs, lowered fat a tad and had the odd cheat meal here and there. I was surprised by the gains I made in both strength and size. Gonna try it again post diet.

Just by two cents..

Honour
02-13-2009, 04:38 PM
I pretty much live down the beach 6 months of the year so I guess I tend to stay in good shape most of the time. It's funny how much better you look at around 12% bf compared to like 20% ;).

The Wolf
02-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Yeah you sure do, but thanks to Daves diet its not that hard to drop from 20% to 10%;).
Also I love food too much, and Im following somthing similar to Daves bulking diet.

12 weeks is more than enough for me to get ripped, 10% is fine just as long as abbs are visible. I go on leave in August for one month and thats the time I want to really show off to my mates, check it I get in good conditions for shows but am always fat for the summer time. The bodybuilding season is dumb, they should have a season in the summer time and skip the winter time, then watch how many ripped peeps you see at the beach.

chucksm00th
02-17-2009, 11:40 AM
I eat clean year round, i dont like to get too sloppy, and i keep 1 cheat per week, i cant handle anymore otherwise i get chubby

vboissiere
08-06-2010, 05:14 AM
Even though it's a bit late, we should get Kenny to make a poster of Aaron imposed as Ned Beaty's character in Deliverance...

s2h
08-06-2010, 07:29 PM
the better shape you stay in the more you can get away with...it's ok to binge...just try to do it in moderation not all the time...