I noticed that a lot of strongmen seem to like their beer :beerbang:
So what do you guys prefer?

I like a few of the Sam Adams choices:
Summer Ale
Boston Lagar
Hefewiezen (my fav I think)
Winter Lagar
and a few others

Tried a few from UFO which I liked as well.
Amstel light
Guinness (OK and not as bad as everyone made it out to be)

My wife just got me some from Brooklyn Brewery (haven't tried em yet)

I don't really get drunk or anything like that but I do have 2 here and there... usually while watching the Red Sox or maybe with dinner.

How bout you??

robert da strongman
04-27-2009, 08:48 PM
rolling rock
guinness

a few years ago i competed in the snowman...one of the pros drank beer inbetween events. was more a fun comp than anything.

SUMO
04-27-2009, 08:50 PM
I love Bass, but Sam Adams is definitely a good 2nd.
Oh, and I drink to get drunk. I have addiction problems. lol

robert da strongman
04-27-2009, 08:54 PM
I love Bass, but Sam Adams is definitely a good 2nd.
Oh, and I drink to get drunk. I have addiction problems. lol

i fixed that by downing a fifth of mezcal. passed out and woke up to fireants chewing on my feet

GameofInches
04-27-2009, 08:54 PM
I don't drink too much, but when I do I usually stick with the basics. I have tried Sam Adams seasonal and Guiness once before and I didn't really like them. I drink Bud Light the most and sometimes Corona in the summer. My complaint with Corona is that sometimes it is good and the next time it might tast like cat piss. I would like to go some place that has a large selection I could taste in order to try some new kinds. Maybe I will get to that one of these days.

Irish
04-28-2009, 09:59 AM
Bulmers cider (called magners outside Ireland):beerbang:

G-Roy
04-28-2009, 10:18 AM
yuengling, the pride of PA.
New Castle

Bryan Hildebrand
04-28-2009, 12:52 PM
http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/brews/year-round-brews/black-butte-porter/default.aspx

http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/bottle-black-butte-porter.gif

crashcrew56
04-28-2009, 01:02 PM
When it comes to cheap getting drunk beer, my beer of choice is Miller Lite

but, for quality beer I like

Goose Island Honkers Ale
Kilkenny, unfortently I havn't been able to find it since I left Okinawa

tjoe
04-29-2009, 09:29 PM
Man! There are a lot of brews out there huh!?

Currently enjoying a Blue Moon, Honey Moon (their summer ale).

robert da strongman
04-29-2009, 10:09 PM
i could go for an Old Style right now...

AnabolLecter75
04-29-2009, 10:31 PM
When the money is flowing it's Sam Adams or Arrogant Bastard. If it's tight, Miller High Life :)

kratos47
04-29-2009, 11:33 PM
i like a beer like once a month with some bbq. usually new castle:)

ChunkyThunder
04-30-2009, 12:30 AM

That's my favorite also. I also like Sam light and Amstel light a lot.

I only drink like 4-5 times a year though so I don't really experiment anymore I just stick with what I really like, which is those beers and a bottle of Jack Daniels

Youngguns
04-30-2009, 01:44 AM
Sorry buy Guiness isn't beer.

Dark- Waterloo Dark
Light-MGD

toddbz
05-01-2009, 02:28 PM

Yep Newcastle is my top favorite of all time. Blue Moon is also pretty dang good.
I don't drink beer very often though. More of a gin/vodka n tonic guy...almost like drinking water ;P

weightgain4000
05-16-2009, 02:07 AM
Stone's Imperial Russian Stout.

kraken
05-16-2009, 02:17 AM
When the money is flowing it's Sam Adams or Arrogant Bastard. If it's tight, Miller High Life :)
LMAO
Just got turned on to this a few weeks ago...
http://www.arrogantbastard.com/images/intro.gif

smj091977
05-16-2009, 10:24 AM
I love Shiner Bock. Made in Shiner Texas, its the best beer I have ever tasted. Its the reason Earth was spared from the deathstar! My getting drunk beer is Bud Light because why waste a good beer when any old beer will do :beerbang:

HITstrongman
05-19-2009, 09:51 PM
http://www.classiccitybrew.com/favoritebreweries_paulaner.jpg

Paulaner is an excellent wheat beer from germany, and pretty easy to find. A bit pricey but well worth it. If you want to go all out and get the king of wheat beers, try Weihenstephaner, pretty hard to find and expensive, but so damn good!!! :beerbang:
http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/full_size/1156.jpg

MichaelWayne
05-19-2009, 10:02 PM
I love me darks. As long as I can't see through the glass and it isn't over the top bitter, I'll drink it. Almost any Nut Brown Ale will do me just fine.

tjoe
05-20-2009, 08:51 AM
Paulaner is an excellent wheat beer from germany, and pretty easy to find. A bit pricey but well worth it. If you want to go all out and get the king of wheat beers, try Weihenstephaner, pretty hard to find and expensive, but so damn good!!! :beerbang:
I would like to try those!

I love me darks. As long as I can't see through the glass and it isn't over the top bitter, I'll drink it. Almost any Nut Brown Ale will do me just fine.Never a big fan of the "Brown Ales" I like some dark stuff but lean a little more towards the lighter side... sometimes...

HITstrongman
05-20-2009, 01:09 PM
[quote=tjoe;263346]I would like to try those!

Yeah, wheat ales are very tasty. They tend to have a lemon/orange/banana hint to them which goes very well with the wheat aftertaste.

MichaelWayne
05-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Never a big fan of the "Brown Ales" I like some dark stuff but lean a little more towards the lighter side... sometimes...

We have a company out of Ohio called 'Great Lakes Brewery' (yeah, funny. You'd think it was a Michigan company), anyway they have a brew called the Edmund Fitzgerald. That would change your mind anyday. :D

lilfella
06-20-2009, 12:44 PM
If you are ever on the west coast. Northern California has Lost Coast Brewery and North Coast Brewery both in beautiful locations and have amazing brews.

dublin-lifter
06-22-2009, 12:58 PM

Summer Ale
Boston Lagar
Winter Lagar
and a few others

Amstel light

I don't really get drunk or anything like that but I do have 2 here and there... usually while watching the Red Sox or maybe with dinner.

How bout you??

guiness is really nice if its poured right but if its poured crap it will taste crap

lilfella
06-22-2009, 01:38 PM
oatmeal stout is a great weight gainer

Little Bear
06-24-2009, 01:09 AM
haha oatmeal stout is ridiculous dude. It's pretty good, but here it's like 5 bucks a bottle.

My top beers are all mexican except for a couple.

Dos Equis Amber
Sol
Killian's Irish Red
Corona
Tecate
Dos Equis Lager
Yeungling
and of course any college student is gonna love some Natty Light haha

Other than that I'll always be up for anything if it's good. I had some "Ol' Chubb" one time and it's this beer from scotland, it was like motor oil.

toddbz
06-26-2009, 03:09 PM
If you are ever on the west coast. Northern California has Lost Coast Brewery and North Coast Brewery both in beautiful locations and have amazing brews.

Yes they do!
Red Seal being one of my all time favorites.
Sacramento has really come up in the past few years for the local brew pubs also. if you ever get to Rubicon Brewing Co. I highly reccomend it.
Plenty nice for when it's over 100 degrees here. Plus after 2-3 of those I swear I sing much better...not that anyone requested me to ;)

HammerStrength12
07-01-2009, 11:51 AM

Summer Ale
Boston Lagar
Winter Lagar
and a few others

Amstel light

How bout you??

Sam Adams varieties are typically my favorite, especially the ones you listed. I also like the Black Lager and Oktoberfest a lot.

tjoe
07-01-2009, 12:55 PM
yep. I'll be enjoying a few Sams this weekend at my buddies lake house on the 4th. Tons O meat on the grill and some good times!

toddbz
07-01-2009, 01:06 PM
yep. I'll be enjoying a few Sams this weekend at my buddies lake house on the 4th. Tons O meat on the grill and some good times!

God bless America!
Land of the free...home of the weber ;P

robert da strongman
07-01-2009, 03:08 PM
i am thinking of getting beer for the weekend. first one off in 4 weeks.

Lucas
07-05-2009, 02:13 AM
Im 18 so i havent had the chance to go all fancy girl at the beer store (and i have no money) so far:

Getting drunk beer- Coors or Busch tall boys
Getting fancy beer- Alexander Keith's, Sam Adams or Stella Artois (when its not skunky which is rare)

dublin-lifter
07-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Im 18 so i havent had the chance to go all fancy girl at the beer store (and i have no money) so far:

Getting drunk beer- Coors or Busch tall boys
Getting fancy beer- Alexander Keith's, Sam Adams or Stella Artois (when its not skunky which is rare)
stella fancy thats funny shit its known as wife beater over here and in england more so in england cause its rocket fuel

powerbeast
10-04-2009, 11:28 PM
I prefer Miller lite, Miller High Life or Milwaukee's best gotta stick with my states best

Northman
10-05-2009, 12:21 AM
Octoberfest beer is pretty damn tasty =)

tjoe
10-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Sam Adams just came out with "Coastal Wheat"

It is a spin off there Heffewiezen with a little lemon...

Joe Likes :)

robert da strongman
10-05-2009, 11:43 AM
dammit is oktoberfest this weekend...
i have to pass. watching the weight for my next comp.

homegrown
10-05-2009, 01:07 PM
I just got back from great american beerfest... WOW... talk about a good time.. Over 1200 beers or something like that. A good brewery is rouge.. Its in Ft worth.. But as for favorites i like boddingtons and for some reason PBR.. Call me crazy but i like it..

toddbz
10-05-2009, 06:49 PM
dammit is oktoberfest this weekend...
i have to pass. watching the weight for my next comp.

I almost shed a tear. Then I cracked a beer, and the sneer turned to cheer.

MichaelWayne
10-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Any Sam Adams/dark beer drinker HAS to try the new Imperial Stout. That shit will get ya good and buzzed. Just came out this year, so the best bet might be your local specialty store. They should more then likely have it. Its 9.2% by volume....yeah, its GOOOOOOOOD!

Thought I was going to get ripped off because it only comes in packs of four. Trust me, four gets the job done!

tjoe
10-05-2009, 07:53 PM
I had one of the other Sams 4 paks... Imperial White maybe? Didn't care for it so much... but yeah, high % of alc by vol. Whoa.

Ryan Bracewell
10-06-2009, 12:00 AM
yall are some fancy MFer's.....Bud Light all the way, and if im feeling tropical I will go with Bud Light Lime.

robert da strongman
10-06-2009, 10:46 AM
I almost shed a tear. Then I cracked a beer, and the sneer turned to cheer.

drink a couple for me.
but know this....the evening of november 7th i will be full of beer!!

ebfitness
10-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Sierra Nevada, Dogfish, Arrogant Bastard, are some of my favorites. But to be completely honest, if it's free, it's for me!

toddbz
10-06-2009, 02:40 PM
drink a couple for me.
but know this....the evening of november 7th i will be full of beer!!

Hide the women and children!

Sierra Nevada, Dogfish, Arrogant Bastard, are some of my favorites. But to be completely honest, if it's free, it's for me!

So speaking of Sierra Nevada. For the holidays they make one called Bigfoot Ale
http://www.sierranevada.com/beers/bigfoot.html

Serious knock your dick in the dirt. This is one you have then tell the in-laws what you really think about them

G-Roy
10-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Just tried some new ones

Sam Adams Octoberfest- delicious but I developed a headache while drinking them that lasted an entire day. Not as strong as I expected, but very drinkable

Jack's Pumpkin Ale- good taste, a bit too much cinnamon I think and a bit on the watery side.

Troegs nut brown ale - pretty decent, like a strong new castle

saranac summer brew lemonade and lager - was a bit apprehensive at first, but it was a really great beer for some hot days at the beach. Not watery like the usual beach beer (corona, bud light lime etc), but not too thick or overpowering like a traditional lager. A bit too sweet but overall good.

MichaelWayne
10-06-2009, 05:45 PM
yall are some fancy MFer's.....Bud Light all the way, and if im feeling tropical I will go with Bud Light Lime.

I was once a hardcore Bud drinker.....until they became America's number one BELGIUM beer. Just can't brink myself to drink it anymore. Everytime I grab a bottle I think of bald eagles and Clysdales taking their own lives for this injustice.

robert da strongman
10-06-2009, 05:48 PM
O-jOEAufDQ4

beer is good and stuff....

StringerBell
10-06-2009, 06:02 PM
Duvel (belgian beer is king)

toddbz
10-06-2009, 06:15 PM
I was once a hardcore Bud drinker.....until they became America's number one BELGIUM beer. Just can't brink myself to drink it anymore. Everytime I grab a bottle I think of bald eagles and Clysdales taking their own lives for this injustice.

Sad indeed. Have a beer brother

Densemode
10-07-2009, 06:49 PM
my favorites
Becks
Wurstiener
Heineken

When I go to the store I buy my favorite and another 6 pack I haven't tried yet.

bad bad leroy brown
10-08-2009, 11:14 AM
i could go for an Old Style right now...

Yeah...you a Chicago guy:)